Coincidence???

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby bbjay » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:12 am

Fargo Oak Grove; Shiloh Christian; Dickinson Trinity; Bishop Ryan.....all playing for region titles.  Is this a coincidence? (I believe Trinity Christian in Williston was in the region semifinals as well)
75% of the time..it works every time.
bbjay
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby nativegolfer » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:29 am

bbjay wrote:Fargo Oak Grove; Shiloh Christian; Dickinson Trinity; Bishop Ryan.....all playing for region titles.  Is this a coincidence? (I believe Trinity Christian in Williston was in the region semifinals as well)

No, they are able to choose from a larger pool of players which puts all small towns at a disadvantage. 
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby mags » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:26 am

here are some reasons why...

Trinity always good but they might not have been there if Killdeer wouldnt have choked.

williston trinity wasnt even that good

Bishop Ryan is usually decent in basketball but there is about 5 schools in their region that have more kids in a class then ryan does so the school size isnt a fair gripe.

Shiloh has NOONE good to play in their region. I dont want to take anything away they r good but who would have beat them?

Oak grove .. i dont know to much about
mags
NDPreps Starter

Postby basketballler » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:32 pm

Everyone who gets to the title game gets there the same way, these guys play hard and I think they all deserve to be there.
A jumpshot will get you a hot girlfriend, a huge house, and a nice car, but none of these things will get you a jumpshot.
basketballler
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bbjay » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:47 pm

Yes the kids work hard...nobody doubts that.  These schools, however, seem to dominate the late season tournaments the last couple of years. Trinity, Ryan and Shiloh all in state last year.  No doubt these schools have great teams and coaches, but the fact of the matter is, is that these schools won't suffer a lull between good teams becasue of the fact that they reside in larger cities.  They'll always be around at tournament time, becasue they'll always be consistenly better than other B schools.

To answer my own question, I don't think its a coincidence that they're all in it still at the end.

We've beat this topic to death, I just don't think many people realized how many of these schools were playing in region championship games tonight.
75% of the time..it works every time.
bbjay
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ND_Fan » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:00 pm

I think this topic is stupid. Private schools arent the only schools that have a large talent pool to choose from. Beulah and Hazen both dominate trinity in enrollments, so what dont you go start a topic about that?
ND_Fan

Postby Jwall512 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:55 pm

I Think Shiloh, Trinity, and Ryan should all go class A because one of them is in state if not all of them every year.
Stupid is as Stupid does

-Forrest Gump
Jwall512
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfbfan » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:04 pm

Jwall512 wrote:I Think Shiloh, Trinity, and Ryan should all go class A because one of them is in state if not all of them every year.

Private schools have enrollment numbers that are less than some "B" schools. Let's look at another issue. Maybe, because these student-athletes have to pay to go to school, it instills an actual work ethic in them which carries over into extra curricular areas. I'll use this analogy. When I went to college, I worked a lot harder in academics because I knew I was paying for my education. I always had it in me, it was just knowing that I was paying money that changed my habits and work ethic. I'm not saying kids in the other schools don't work hard, I'm just saying that these kids have an extra incentive to excel and be the best they can be. Just another theory. (by the way, I have no affiliation with any private school)
Last edited by ndfbfan on Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ndfbfan

Postby Jwall512 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:22 pm

Private school have a more variety of people to choose from they are located in bigger cities and im not gonna lie that helps a lot.;)
Stupid is as Stupid does

-Forrest Gump
Jwall512
NDPreps Starter

Postby Bighammer » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:15 pm

They dont instill any kind of better work ethic than any other school. First of all the draw from a larger pool, they think they are better than anyone else, when they have some of the worst sportsmanship around. The private shools have ruined  class B basketball as we know it and that is a fact.
Bighammer
NDPreps Rookie

Postby grizz » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:16 pm

How many topics can we start about private schools in class B. It's getting a bit ridiculous.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby sportman11 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:31 pm

i also feel that private schools shouldn't be in class b. they claim they instill good ethics and stuff but private schools have some of the worst kids (as far as drinking and smoking pot and that type of stuff). they think they are better than public schools and that shows on the court. and big deal if some private schools have lower enrollment they keep their numbers down by only letting in people that have money or are good at something.
sportman11

Postby ndfan » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:34 pm

[user=1292]sportman11[/user] wrote:
i also feel that private schools shouldn't be in class b. they claim they instill good ethics and stuff but private schools have some of the worst kids (as far as drinking and smoking pot and that type of stuff). they think they are better than public schools and that shows on the court. and big deal if some private schools have lower enrollment they keep their numbers down by only letting in people that have money or are good at something.

Whats your point?
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby scruffy » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:38 pm

I'd like to congratulate Shiloh, Ryan , MPCG, Linton and Trinity for having some of the better established programs in the state.  Thats why schools like that go to state as often as they do.  They have GOOD programs.  Congratulations!!!!
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby sportman11 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:39 pm

im saying that they have an unfair advantage over the smaller schools that don't recruit players.
sportman11

Postby ndfan » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:43 pm

[user=1292]sportman11[/user] wrote:
im saying that they have an unfair advantage over the smaller schools that don't recruit players.

Nope I'm pretty sure you are whining.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby o-line » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:44 pm

idlike to know how you figure parochial schools have a worse drinking/ drug problem than any rez school   not that i have anything against them  why isnt anyone talking about that coincidence that 4 winds parshall are in and dunsith almost made it     sounds like some people are a little jealous they didnt make it or did and have to play a parochial team and are a little nervous and they dont have any bigger talent pool than any other class b school
  and when ws dickinson trinity ever bad at any sport
o-line

Postby crossover » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:10 pm

first of all, private schools dont "recruit" its open for anyone who wants to attend.  if they cant afford it they can get scholarships.  the reason most people dislike playing private schools is because they have more of a fan base then class "a" schools and they have a small town atmospere in the school we dont all get to live in a small town.  a lot of class "a" students dont realize and sometimes dont care if their team is going to state.  student enrollment determines who's class "a" and "b" not the school private or public.  besides its not like they are using it to their advantage.  take Hazen, Beaulah, and Belcourt they switch from "a" to "b" what seems like every other year depending on enrollment im not saying anything bad its just a fact.  all these schools have good sports teams look at hazen's football and basketball team this year they were ranked in both sports.
crossover
NDPreps Reserve

Postby BBall dominator » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:19 pm

no we just pray really hard and players come out of nowhere no hard work no practice no talent just praying and money sorry I had to tell you
Hate my selfishness, Hate my lies, Hate my infidelity, Hate the fact that my high-powered attorneys got me off and humiliated my accuser when I was charged with rape. And hate that I'm loved, because I can shoot a ball.
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby roughrider125 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:26 pm

It's not money or scholarships or numbers its pride and work ethic.  Give me a break if  OG or Shiloh went class A they would be dominated every year and they would be the one's starting these topics.  Stop whining and tell your kid who goes to some class B school to get of their butt and go practice a sport!
Doctors and scientists said that breaking the four-minute mile was impossible, that one would die in the attempt. Thus, when I got up from the track after collapsing at the finish line, I figured I was dead.
~Roger Bannister (After becoming the first person to break the four-minute mile, 1952)
roughrider125
NDPreps Starter

Postby crossover » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:29 pm

FYI you dont have to be a certain religion to go to a private school.  practice and basketball camps work pretty good in my opinion.:D  By the way public schools win as many championships as private schools do.  its a matter of who's on that night.

roughrider has a good point.
Last edited by crossover on Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crossover
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndfbfan » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:09 am

crossover wrote:first of all, private schools dont "recruit" its open for anyone who wants to attend.  if they cant afford it they can get scholarships.  the reason most people dislike playing private schools is because they have more of a fan base then class "a" schools and they have a small town atmospere in the school we dont all get to live in a small town.  a lot of class "a" students dont realize and sometimes dont care if their team is going to state.  student enrollment determines who's class "a" and "b" not the school private or public.  besides its not like they are using it to their advantage.  take Hazen, Beaulah, and Belcourt they switch from "a" to "b" what seems like every other year depending on enrollment im not saying anything bad its just a fact.  all these schools have good sports teams look at hazen's football and basketball team this year they were ranked in both sports.
Just for the record. Hazen has never been Class A
ndfbfan

Postby BB11 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:14 am

I believe next weekend will pretty much put an end to this debate - as I believe - and someone let me know if I'm wrong - but I believe next week is when the administrators from all schools meet to vote on the 3-class system proposed for 09-10.
If they do change it to a 3-class system - there will be no more private schools in Class B with the exception of Trinity Christian - Our Redeemer's and Shiloh Christian.
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby Bearsfan » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:48 am

ND_Fan wrote:I think this topic is stupid. Private schools arent the only schools that have a large talent pool to choose from. Beulah and Hazen both dominate trinity in enrollments, so what dont you go start a topic about that?

Neither Beulah nor Hazen "Dominate" Trinity in enrollments... they may have more.... but they sure don't dominate. 
Bearsfan

Postby Bearsfan » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:53 am

crossover wrote:first of all, private schools dont "recruit" its open for anyone who wants to attend.  if they cant afford it they can get scholarships.  the reason most people dislike playing private schools is because they have more of a fan base then class "a" schools and they have a small town atmospere in the school we dont all get to live in a small town.  a lot of class "a" students dont realize and sometimes dont care if their team is going to state.  student enrollment determines who's class "a" and "b" not the school private or public.  besides its not like they are using it to their advantage.  take Hazen, Beaulah, and Belcourt they switch from "a" to "b" what seems like every other year depending on enrollment im not saying anything bad its just a fact.  all these schools have good sports teams look at hazen's football and basketball team this year they were ranked in both sports.

Hazen has been Class B forever and Beulah was class A for the passed 7 years and no other time...... please don't say that Beulah and Hazen switch back and forth because it not a fact!
Bearsfan

Next

Return to Boys