Coincidence???

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby grizz » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:43 am

BB11 wrote:I believe next weekend will pretty much put an end to this debate - as I believe - and someone let me know if I'm wrong - but I believe next week is when the administrators from all schools meet to vote on the 3-class system proposed for 09-10.
If they do change it to a 3-class system - there will be no more private schools in Class B with the exception of Trinity Christian - Our Redeemer's and Shiloh Christian.

Good luck on that one. No one wants a three class bball system except for Valley City. It won't pass
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby Claz B Fan » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:37 am

sportman11 wrote:i also feel that private schools shouldn't be in class b. they claim they instill good ethics and stuff but private schools have some of the worst kids (as far as drinking and smoking pot and that type of stuff). they think they are better than public schools and that shows on the court. and big deal if some private schools have lower enrollment they keep their numbers down by only letting in people that have money or are good at something.

Yeah because I know like at Trinity they put you through a full physical to make sure your capable of being a great athlete NOT STOP WHINING AND COME ON HERE WHEN YOU HAVE A LOGICAL ARGUMENT
Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby trackster » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:47 am

Jwall512 wrote:Private school have a more variety of people to choose from they are located in bigger cities and im not gonna lie that helps a lot.;)

Private schools don't go around grabing people to come to their school. If class B private schools just go around doing this, then why are their numbers so low.
Last edited by trackster on Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
trackster
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bballplayer09 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:37 pm

mags wrote:here are some reasons why...

Trinity always good but they might not have been there if Killdeer wouldnt have choked.

williston trinity wasnt even that good

Bishop Ryan is usually decent in basketball but there is about 5 schools in their region that have more kids in a class then ryan does so the school size isnt a fair gripe.

Shiloh has NOONE good to play in their region. I dont want to take anything away they r good but who would have beat them?

Oak grove .. i dont know to much about

Oak Grove boys were ranked 4th in their district. They played very good and beat the odds to make it as far as they did. They weren't even suppose to get past the first district game, then every game after that they weren't suppose to win.
bballplayer09
NDPreps Reserve

Postby magic715 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:55 pm

I want some of your peoples ideas on what i am going to say:

I talked to an athletic director and gave him this idea, he didnt like it, but i thought it would really work. Here it is, Have your Class A like you do minus Valley City and or whoever else can go to a middle class, then have your (just a number) next 32 or 40 teams be in Class B Big, and then the rest in Class B Small, then just have 4 Regions in each class, and the winners of each region make it to state, 4 big schools and 4 smallers schools, and have half the bracket all big schools, and the other half all small schools, and the big schools would only meet the small schools on the last day of the tourney.

This would guarntee 4 small schools to make it and only 4 big schools, the good small schools want to beat the good big schools, they dont want it watered down, and i think this would be a good solution.

Any thoughts on this idea?

PS i am against a true 3 class system but i think this would be a good compromise.
magic715

Postby Redickfan » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:05 pm

I Think that idea was very thought out but i think there would be to much disarray of who is Big and small. I think class B basketball is the best sport in ND and it shows every year at the state tourney with the attendance so it must me better than worse. I also think people need to calm down about the whole private school vs small school thing. In every sport every where teams and or schools get long streaks, look at a Duke or Kentucky, they go on long winning streaks but have they won every single year they have played..no. Its not like trinity is going to have 40 region championships in a row or maybe they will until teams put in effort in the weights like they do. Kenmare high school has got to the state tourny if i was looking at the hoopster correctly just as many or more times and Minot Ryan, its just whos program is exceling and whos isnt
Redickfan

Postby Alumni » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:10 pm

sportman11 wrote:i also feel that private schools shouldn't be in class b. they claim they instill good ethics and stuff but private schools have some of the worst kids (as far as drinking and smoking pot and that type of stuff). they think they are better than public schools and that shows on the court. and big deal if some private schools have lower enrollment they keep their numbers down by only letting in people that have money or are good at something.

I would like to see some facts and statistics on that one. It's a ridiculous thing to say. I went to a private school and I was never involved in anything and my grades were average. My parents have worked their whole lives just to sneak by and send all of their kids to private schools because of the CATHOLIC EDUCATION! Not because of the sports.

Bottom line...Rumors, gossip, and personal issues do not make good arguments.
Alumni
NDPreps Rookie

Postby ND_Fan » Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:00 am

Bighammer wrote:They dont instill any kind of better work ethic than any other school. First of all the draw from a larger pool, they think they are better than anyone else, when they have some of the worst sportsmanship around. The private shools have ruined  class B basketball as we know it and that is a fact.

Are you an absolute idiot? When have you seen a Christian school do any of that? How do they act like they are better than everyone else? How would you know what kind of work ethic they instill? Your just some fan thats being a sore loser cuz your team got there behind handed to them by a private school. That's more of a fact than the garbage you mentioned.
Last edited by ND_Fan on Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
ND_Fan

Postby ndfan » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:06 am

OK I'm done with the whole private school thing on the board here. This is being argued in the Hot Topics. You wanna argue about the private schools go there and do it. I see any more in any thread i will close it and people will be banned for a while. So word of warning. Sorry I'm sick of the private school debate, as some are with the four winds talk.

have a great day.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Boys