Surprising teams this year

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby jumpshot22 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:28 pm

If I could give out an award to best turnaround team in a season I would have to give it to the Napoleon Imperials. What an outstanding year they had. First of all defeating Steele-Dawson in the district tournament last week and then giving BCN a run for their money last night says alot about what Jason Horner has done for the program. Congrats Jason Horner

Honorable mention teams: BCN-Beulah
jumpshot22

Postby sodadrinker » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:29 pm

i think center stanton is the only team left that wasnt picked in the top 40 in the hoopster... i could be wrong but theyre the only team i noticed
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby razorback » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:48 pm

dakota prairie turned out to be a fairly competitive team this year... we'll see what happens next year with curt herman leavin the team
razorback
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndtaterman » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:55 am

Four Winds and BCN
ndtaterman
NDPreps Starter

Postby nc » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:58 am

dp did have a pretty good year. They have 3 of there leading scorers coming back and i have heard that Keuber from Hatton-Northwood is transfering to dp. And with him they are a big threat in the region and ditrict but maybe even state.
nc
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndspectator07 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:00 am

jumpshot22 wrote:If I could give out an award to best turnaround team in a season I would have to give it to the Napoleon Imperials. What an outstanding year they had. First of all defeating Steele-Dawson in the district tournament last week and then giving BCN a run for their money last night says alot about what Jason Horner has done for the program. Congrats Jason Horner

I agree, noone ever expected Napoleon to go as far as they did.  They surprised alot of people in Region 3, that I know.  They were definitely underestimated.
ndspectator07

Postby baller01 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:04 am

ndspectator07 wrote:
jumpshot22 wrote:If I could give out an award to best turnaround team in a season I would have to give it to the Napoleon Imperials. What an outstanding year they had. First of all defeating Steele-Dawson in the district tournament last week and then giving BCN a run for their money last night says alot about what Jason Horner has done for the program. Congrats Jason Horner

I agree, noone ever expected Napoleon to go as far as they did.  They surprised alot of people in Region 3, that I know.  They were definitely underestimated.

Actually....In the preseason hoopster Napoleon was ranked 24th in the state, 2nd in the district, and 3rd in the region. Obviously the Hoopster and the coaches thought they would be right where they are. They took 2nd in the district and are going for 3rd place tonight just like the Hoopster predicted. At the beginning of the year thought I thought they might be a tad bit overrated but I guess I was wrong. Napoleon has a great team with a great coach and real classy guys.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby basketball » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:10 pm

nc wrote:dp did have a pretty good year. They have 3 of there leading scorers coming back and i have heard that Keuber from Hatton-Northwood is transfering to dp. And with him they are a big threat in the region and ditrict but maybe even state.

Its just a rumor.  He isnt going there.  I've heard that from his mouth.
basketball
NDPreps Starter

Postby crossover » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:31 am

ndtaterman wrote:Four Winds and BCN

how were you surprised by four winds?
crossover
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:46 am

razorback wrote:dakota prairie turned out to be a fairly competitive team this year... we'll see what happens next year with curt herman leavin the team

why is he leaving?  just seems weird he would come back for 1 year, if he coached next year i could see DP makin a solid run at the region title
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby the messanger » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:47 am

yea why's that?
the messanger
NDPreps Reserve

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:53 am

I agree they have a nice core comming back for basketball.

Curt must have been offered a pretty sweet deal from Gerells.
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby boysbballfan » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:31 am

I think Trinity making it to state was a big surprise with all the people they lost from last years team all the talk about Beulah coming down and Hazen and Killder being really tough I don't think alot of people could make it again.
"If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?"
--Vince Lombardi
boysbballfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby web17 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:46 am

GRIDIRON GURU wrote:I agree they have a nice core comming back for basketball.

Curt must have been offered a pretty sweet deal from Gerells.

what? why is he leaving?
web17
NDPreps Starter

Postby PA42 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:51 am

nc wrote:dp did have a pretty good year. They have 3 of there leading scorers coming back and i have heard that Keuber from Hatton-Northwood is transfering to dp. And with him they are a big threat in the region and ditrict but maybe even state.
i don't know if that is true, but i know that a lot of people transfer back forth from northwood and dakota prairie.
PA42

Postby sportsperson » Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:25 am

crossover wrote:

Four Winds returned one player with any varsity experience from last year's team and was ranked 33rd or something like that by the Hoopster in the preseason. That said, I think I would say that ascending to the #1 ranking in state during the regular season, losing only one regular season game, and going back to the state tourney could be considered maybe a little bit surprising.
sportsperson
NDPreps Starter

Postby bballprsn » Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:30 am

sportsperson wrote:
crossover wrote:

Four Winds returned one player with any varsity experience from last year's team and was ranked 33rd or something like that by the Hoopster in the preseason. That said, I think I would say that ascending to the #1 ranking in state during the regular season, losing only one regular season game, and going back to the state tourney could be considered maybe a little bit surprising.

i will agree that FW did exceed everyones expectations.
bballprsn
NDPreps Starter

Postby gator-nation » Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:37 am

how about beach..they got 3rd in regionals and werent even expected to come out of districts
gator-nation

Return to Boys