basketball

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby bill » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:58 pm

who do you guys think will win
bill
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bisonslayer » Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:03 pm

Minot Ryan, and their trip to the  state tourney (consolation bracket) will begin
North Dakota Preps JV Enforcer
bisonslayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby sodadrinker » Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:35 pm

dunsieth by 4
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby BB11 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:18 pm

Dunseith - hopefully
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby beavof77 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:28 pm

I'm going to have to say Dunseith. Adam Hunt really hasn't had a "Hunt like game" yet in the region tourny and Dunseith has still been very effective. Ryan simply won't be able to match up with 6'9 320lb Rylie DeCoteau and they don't have a 6'3 guard that keep up with Hunt.
beavof77
NDPreps Reserve

Postby dukefan32 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:55 pm

beavof77 wrote:I'm going to have to say Dunseith. Adam Hunt really hasn't had a "Hunt like game" yet in the region tourny and Dunseith has still been very effective. Ryan simply won't be able to match up with 6'9 320lb Rylie DeCoteau and they don't have a 6'3 guard that keep up with Hunt.

This will be a great game. I'd like to see how Ryan defends DeCoteau and Hunt. If Hunt keeps playing like he has this tournament and if Ryan shoots the ball well, then I'll take Ryan. But if they don't shoot well or if Hunt goes off, then it's goodbye Ryan.
Last edited by dukefan32 on Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dukefan32
NDPreps Starter

Postby dynasty2 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:04 pm

Ryan should have no problem. They are a much better team. DeCoteau is a terrible basketball player. A little defense and he will only get 10 points. Bison slayer, that consolation bracket stuff is real funny. Their 3 loses at state in 04 and 06  came to Linton and Carr(3rd) then New Rockford (5th but the 2nd best team in the tourney) and then 06 loss to Trinity( Champs). But what do i know. They sound like a push over team. They must just get lucky. You are an idiot. I am sorry you are probably from a school that has never had a whiff of a state title.
dynasty2

Postby magic715 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:09 pm

beavof77 wrote:I'm going to have to say Dunseith. Adam Hunt really hasn't had a "Hunt like game" yet in the region tourny and Dunseith has still been very effective. Ryan simply won't be able to match up with 6'9 320lb Rylie DeCoteau and they don't have a 6'3 guard that keep up with Hunt.

Well i think Hunt may score some points , but he will have to work for them as i am sure Brooks Backes will guard him, and he is no slouch at defense. 
magic715

Postby Mr. Me Too » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:34 pm

I like Dunseith in this one. . .Adam Hunt is a phenomenal ball player, but he hasn't had a really good game yet in this tourney...but i think he is bound to have a good game thursday night, i don't think he'll want his senior year to end losing. . .Riley Decoteau is tough once he gets going believe me, but he needs to have big games like he did in the last two rebounding wise atleast. . .ima say Dunseith by 3
-->aMA[z]iNg<--
Mr. Me Too
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby kissarmy74 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:40 am

I don't care which team goes to state.  I just hope it's a close, nail biting, edge of your seat, game.  Maybe an overtime or two, or a last second shot to win.  That would be awesome.
The will to win is important, but the will to prepare is vital. -Joe Paterno
kissarmy74
NDPreps Starter

Postby beans3 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:20 am

Ryan has to have someone that can guard DeCoteau.  Mott/Regent beat Dunseith earlier this year by 14 and has one player over 6 feet listed at 6'1", so I don't see why Ryan should have a problem shuttng him down.  Ryan by 9!
beans3

Postby 21 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:46 am

Riley Decoteau is a terrible basketball player huh?... I don't care if it was against Our Reedemers who isn't a push over either, he scored 34 the other night. Sure he may move a little slow but he is 6'7 and 300 pounds. what do you expect a High School Shaq. Adam Hunt is probably one of the more underrated athletes in this region and can't be shut down by one person. By no means is he an all around offensive player either. I seem to remember watching him play Westope in the District Championship. Dunseith lost the game , but Hunt completely took Cooper, a great player, out of his game. Dunseith by 6.

NDPreps Reserve

Postby BB11 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:51 am

[user=118]21[/user] wrote:
Riley Decoteau is a terrible basketball player huh?... I don't care if it was against Our Reedemers who isn't a push over either, he scored 34 the other night. Sure he may move a little slow but he is 6'7 and 300 pounds. what do you expect a High School Shaq. Adam Hunt is probably one of the more underrated athletes in this region and can't be shut down by one person. By no means is he an all around offensive player either. I seem to remember watching him play Westope in the District Championship. Dunseith lost the game , but Hunt completely took Cooper, a great player, out of his game. Dunseith by 6.

Hunt is a great player on both ends of the floor. He is highly underrated, and its too bad he isn't a candidate for Region 6 athlete of the year - but Cooper and Heidel are also great players.
Decoteau is a very good player - one of the best in region 6. If they are both hitting on all cylinders it will be a fun game to watch.
Hoping Adam at least makes the Lions team this year - as he is very deserving of it.
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby crossover » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:05 pm

I too would love to see this game go into an overtime or two but if one thing is off tonight for one of the teams it could be a blowout.
crossover
NDPreps Reserve

Postby propel23 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:58 am

well i guess your statement was answered, vetter shut him down decoteau couldnt guard him he had to switch guys and try to guard a guard and couldnt score with vetter guarding him either because vetter is athletic enough to get up there right away when rylie gets the ball and does his turn around J and all ryan had to do was double team hunt or have backes all over him because no one else can shoot that good with the acception of marion but when its all said and done ryan is going to state and finally they played like they should have been playing in the district tourney when they lost to kenmare.
propel23

Postby power-aid14 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:08 am

propel23 wrote:

well i guess your statement was answered, vetter shut him down decoteau couldnt guard him he had to switch guys and try to guard a guard and couldnt score with vetter guarding him either because vetter is athletic enough to get up there right away when rylie gets the ball and does his turn around J and all ryan had to do was double team hunt or have backes all over him because no one else can shoot that good with the acception of marion but when its all said and done ryan is going to state and finally they played like they should have been playing in the district tourney when they lost to kenmare.

yeah when they lost to kenmare....without backes
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby trackster » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:13 am

I would have to say it was a really good game and I like how both teams handled themselves in tough spots. With that game, I didn't care who would be going to state cause I'm proud of both teams. What I really like was how both teams were really cool to each other. No one side really acted like they were better than the other.
trackster
NDPreps Reserve

Return to Boys