DT vs Hazen

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby West Dakota » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:20 pm

Tough loss for the Bison as Dickinson marches to the state B again. Hazen had their chances, and were physically a much bigger team. I've got to give credit to the Trinity kids they're defense was tough and they made their free throws in the end. Good luck to them at state, I hope they represent our region well again.

Oh here's that missed dunk.

Last edited by West Dakota on Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
West Dakota
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby project-pat » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:46 pm

Trinity won tonight and proved they are the better team. I'd have to say the X-factors were Sorenson's missed dunk, that woulda changed the game if he got it down...Trinity's rebounding, I'm pretty sure they outrebounded hazen by like 30... the play of Selinger, he got some big steals and key rebounds....and last but not least, Mark Keithley from the free throw line, that kid is cash money from the stripe.
project-pat

Postby gator-nation » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:48 pm

i was there sorenson was DENIED by the rim and fell right on his back and that took all the momentum out of the bison and trinity took over from there.
gator-nation

Postby boysbballfan » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:41 am

I think it is an advantage to play all those games on Trinity's floor. It is bigger then other gyms and the hoops are different so they get use to playing on them when it comes to regional. Also it would be hard to have the regional tourny anywhere else because of seating and location so unless they make a neutral court somewhere it will probably be at trinity for awhile.
"If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?"
--Vince Lombardi
boysbballfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby scruffy » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:46 am

The atmosphere on championship night in that building is awesome!  You really have to be there to appreciate it..  Region 7 fans are very dedicated...
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby grizz » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:46 am

There was for sure just as many Hazen fans as there were Trinity fans there last night so thats nothing to complain about. I don't think either crowds boo'ed or yelled at the refs for a bad call last night, so that isnt an excuse either. I think the game was pretty much going non-stop last night and thats the ways refs should let them play.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby ND_Fan » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:37 am

From the looks of that picture it looks like sorenson needed at least another 6-8 inches to even be close to throwing that one down. Why would you try to dunk that in such a big game when you can barely dunk in the first place?
ND_Fan

Postby freak722 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:11 am

I think all those offensive rebounds hazen gave up were what killed them. You can't give a team that much time on offense and that many oppurtunities to score.
freak722
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Redickfan » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:31 am

I agree with the fact that Trinitys gym is the best spot for the fan base and atmosphere for the tourny but.... playing in your home gym all year and them for the region is a huge advantage, no matter what anyone say trinity has one up on the competition. Dont get me wrong DT is a very good team and deserves the win congrats but i wish they could play in neutral courts
Redickfan

Postby propel23 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:02 pm

bigpoppakdog wrote:I love seeing Williston, Fargo, Bismarck, Minot in both Class A and Class B tournaments.....not.....wonder when the NDHSAA will finally act concerning schools located in the states LARGEST CITIES? One thing that won't lie is when these cities are in the class b tournament the attendance rate will drastically be down.....

yea so your saying our redeemers from minot should be class A....................?wow you should stop talking thats just dumb, and if you dont know ryan is in debt and doesnt have that many students so out of that tell me what makes them be class A material besides their dedication? please answer that because im really curious why people are so jealus of private schools
propel23

Postby dukefan32 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:48 am

propel23 wrote:
bigpoppakdog wrote:I love seeing Williston, Fargo, Bismarck, Minot in both Class A and Class B tournaments.....not.....wonder when the NDHSAA will finally act concerning schools located in the states LARGEST CITIES? One thing that won't lie is when these cities are in the class b tournament the attendance rate will drastically be down.....

yea so your saying our redeemers from minot should be class A....................?wow you should stop talking thats just dumb, and if you dont know ryan is in debt and doesnt have that many students so out of that tell me what makes them be class A material besides their dedication? please answer that because im really curious why people are so jealus of private schools

I agree, Our Redeemers would killed in class a, quit being jealous of private schools bigpoppakdog.
dukefan32
NDPreps Starter

Postby ballin6 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:01 am

freak722 wrote:Uh, trinity brings just as many people, if not more than the other class b schools. Maybe some people dont hate winners like some of u people on here. Also, stop saying private schools recruit, unless u can back it up with some facts please.
aight well i just need to say something that every year dickinson plays in there gym with refs with the last name glasser (excuse the spelling) but i want to see trinity go to state on a nutral floor with reffs from bis and u cant say they recrute but wat do u call going around dickinson and waveing the hole tawition right in front of parents ha its not recruiting but its still prety stupid
ballin6
NDPreps Rookie

Postby ballin6 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:05 am

propel23 wrote:

you want to know somthing man its cus towns like kildeer and hazen and other good class b schools have one school and they cant pick and chooose who they want on ther team minot ryan gets some of the best athletes in minot cus they want to play class B and no ones jellouse man at all if we could pick and choose the best players from minot or bis or dickinson im sure my school would have been tuff as heck to man

ballin6
NDPreps Rookie

Postby feeshattack » Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:34 am

ballin6 wrote:
freak722 wrote:Uh, trinity brings just as many people, if not more than the other class b schools. Maybe some people dont hate winners like some of u people on here. Also, stop saying private schools recruit, unless u can back it up with some facts please.
aight well i just need to say something that every year dickinson plays in there gym with refs with the last name glasser (excuse the spelling) but i want to see trinity go to state on a nutral floor with reffs from bis and u cant say they recrute but wat do u call going around dickinson and waveing the hole tawition right in front of parents ha its not recruiting but its still prety stupid

see them go on a nuetral floor? they beat every team that they played in the regionals on their home court in the regular season.... that just prooves that DT happened to be the better team and that it wouldnt matter were the games are held at, they are held at THS because it is the only place that can hold over 2000 crazy region 7 fans........ DT's beat Hettinger, MR, and Hazen all on their home courts during the regular season, so that prooves they can play anywere....... and you cant complain about trinity having the same refs, the NDHSAA chooses the refs, not trinity
Last edited by feeshattack on Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond all measure."
feeshattack
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby grizz » Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:55 am

feeshattack wrote:
ballin6 wrote:

see them go on a nuetral floor? they beat every team that they played in the regionals on their home court in the regular season.... that just prooves that DT happened to be the better team and that it wouldnt matter were the games are held at, they are held at THS because it is the only place that can hold over 2000 crazy region 7 fans........ DT's beat Hettinger, MR, and Hazen all on their home courts during the regular season, so that prooves they can play anywere....... and you cant complain about trinity having the same refs, the NDHSAA chooses the refs, not trinity

haha first of all, ballin6 needs to go back to 1st grade and learn how to spell. RECRUIT and TUITION!!! those are some pretty tough words....

second, DT played well against teams when they were the visitors. Reffing is no excuse. Like feesh said, NDHSAA picks the refs and there nothing we can do about it.

and third, coaches also pick where they want the region 7 tourny to be held and DT for sure has the best and biggest gym in region 7. If you were at the tourny, you could tell that they needed every one of those spots because i actually think there was close to 3000 people there. People are packed in like sardines. 
Last edited by grizz on Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Previous

Return to Boys