Region Disappointments

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby web17 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:47 am

Who does everyone think was the biggest dissapointment, and "choked?"
web17
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sports guy » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:51 am

I would have to say Lisbon
Sports guy
NDPreps Starter

Postby philshometown » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:57 am

Considering this was the final Class B poll:

1. Four Winds (6) 18-1 77 4
2. Watford City (1) 17-2 62 3
3. Hankinson (1) 18-1 61 1
4. Killdeer 17-2 52 5
5. Minnewaukan-Leeds 17-2 48 2
6. Hazen 16-3 24 6
7. Lisbon 16-3 20 7
8. May-Port CG 15-4 19 9(t)
9. (t) Beulah 15-4 13 9(t)
Parshall 16-3 13 NR
Steele-Dawson 18-1 13 9(t)
Wells County 17-2 13 NR
Others receiving votes: Dickinson Trinity 15-4, Grafton 16-3, LaMoure 15-4, Minot Ryan 15-4, Linton 16-3, Kindred 14-5.

I would have to say Lisbon (losing out in first game of regionals), Killdeer (ditto), Beulah (ditto again), Steele-Dawson (ditto),  and Grafton (ditto) all had a bunch of very disappointed fans.
In basketball -- as in life -- true joy comes from being fully present in each and every moment, not just when things are going your way.

PHIL JACKSON, Sacred Hoops
philshometown
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ben23 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:26 am

I would have to say Lisbon too.  Because they didnt play their type of game on Monday from what is sounded like on the radio.  It sounded to me like Oak Grove was doing whatever they wanted and Lisbon wasnt shutting them down,  but that is just what it sounded like to me when i was listening to it.
Ben23
NDPreps Starter

Postby PA42 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:08 am

thompson had the most talent in region 2 hands down.
PA42

Postby SportsAreLife » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:22 am

I would say Beulah and Killdeer had to be some pretty big disappointments from region 7
SportsAreLife

Postby heelsfan » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:42 am

SportsAreLife wrote:I would say Beulah and Killdeer had to be some pretty big disappointments from region 7

I agree!  Especially Beulah since they had a 16 point lead in the third quarter.
heelsfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby grizz » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:50 am

heelsfan wrote:
SportsAreLife wrote:I would say Beulah and Killdeer had to be some pretty big disappointments from region 7

I agree!  Especially Beulah since they had a 16 point lead in the third quarter.

Beulah shouldn't have lost that game, they seemed pretty laid back when they had that lead. But you gotta give Beach some credit too.

I never got to see Lisbon play this year but from what I read on here and also them having the number 1 spot this year, I would give them the biggest choke award.
Last edited by grizz on Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby letsgosox » Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:55 pm

grizz wrote:
heelsfan wrote:

Beulah shouldn't have lost that game, they seemed pretty laid back when they had that lead. But you gotta give Beach some credit too.

I never got to see Lisbon play this year but from what I read on here and also them having the number 1 spot this year, I would give them the biggest choke award.
killdeer also shouldnt have lost. they lost on a blown call. dufault hit a three that was called a two with under a minute left that would have given killdeer the lead, instead the game goes to overtime, and killdeer can't get it done.
letsgosox

Postby threepointplay » Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:59 pm

With how high Lamoure was ranked coming into the season, anything less than state was going to be considered a disappointment
threepointplay
NDPreps Reserve

Postby unc2 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:27 pm

My biggest dissapoinment would have to be killdeer. I had big expectations for them and then they lose. Mott/regent the team they lost to however is a very good team and gave Trinity a run for their money in the semis
unc2
NDPreps Starter

Postby jumpshot22 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:18 pm

Biggest dissapointments this year would be Lisbon and Steele-Dawson, both had solid regular seasons and were ousted in the first round of regionals.
jumpshot22

Postby Mr. Me Too » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:24 pm

i would say Minnewaukan/Leeds. . .being ranked in state and then losing to Wells County, but Wells County came to play
-->aMA[z]iNg<--
Mr. Me Too
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby observer » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:40 pm

Giving Lisbon the choke award is unfair.  They were given the number one ranking at the point of the year they hadn't had much competition.  They were looking excellent and then illness hit and they had a hard time coming back after that.    Their losses were all close games - before tournaments their three losses were by a total of 10 pts.  That is not shabby.   Their first loss in the Region was to Oak Grove who beat Kindred who is a very solid team.  Oak Grove also has an excellent coach who knew what to do against Lisbon.  They shut Carlblom down totally and he looked like he still wasn't feeling well that day.  Lisbon should have been the surprise team since they only had one player coming back  this year with Varsity experience.  It might be nice to hear something positive about some of those kids who had to quickly step up their game.
observer

Postby sodadrinker » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:43 pm

Mr. Me Too wrote:i would say Minnewaukan/Leeds. . .being ranked in state and then losing to Wells County, but Wells County came to play

i cant agree with that... they had a very good year and they ended up catching wells county on one of those nights that not to many teams could play with them.... leeds his 6 three in the last 4 minutes or the game wouldnt have been as close as it ended
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby ClassBballa » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:44 pm

Mr. Me Too wrote:i would say Minnewaukan/Leeds. . .being ranked in state and then losing to Wells County, but Wells County came to play

why is that a big disappiontment? WC was ranked in state as well and are a very good team.
We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. I just can't figure out where else to play!

I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out.
ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bballprsn » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:46 pm

observer wrote:Giving Lisbon the choke award is unfair.  They were given the number one ranking at the point of the year they hadn't had much competition.  They were looking excellent and then illness hit and they had a hard time coming back after that.    Their losses were all close games - before tournaments their three losses were by a total of 10 pts.  That is not shabby.   Their first loss in the Region was to Oak Grove who beat Kindred who is a very solid team.  Oak Grove also has an excellent coach who knew what to do against Lisbon.  They shut Carlblom down totally and he looked like he still wasn't feeling well that day.  Lisbon should have been the surprise team since they only had one player coming back  this year with Varsity experience.  It might be nice to hear something positive about some of those kids who had to quickly step up their game.

i really agree with you there.  Lisbon had a fantastic team and if they would have won i wouldnt be surprised if they gave hankinson a run for their money in the championship.  But unfortunately they lost because of reasons they couldnt control and that great season ended right there.  But hopefully next year they can show people what they are about and make it to the region championship, and as long as they still have Carlblom thats a very high possibility
bballprsn
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mr. Me Too » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:47 pm

ClassBballa wrote:

why is that a big disappiontment? WC was ranked in state as well and are a very good team.

my bad. . .i didn't know that i payed attention to 4W and M/L because of them being the Titans in there region supposedly. . .but both are good teams
-->aMA[z]iNg<--
Mr. Me Too
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sodadrinker » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:49 pm

Mr. Me Too wrote:
ClassBballa wrote:

my bad. . .i didn't know that i payed attention to 4W and M/L because of them being the Titans in there region supposedly. . .but both are good teams

it is disappointing to the leeds players and fans but anyone who has seen these teams play knew that both teams could beat each other
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby thesports_guy32 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:11 am

horne98 wrote:thompson had the most talent in region 2 hands down.

i hope you're saying that in a sarcastic tone....
thesports_guy32

Postby Duce » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:09 pm

they had nothing and they choked...not even worthy to talk about
*Lead not by words, but by example
Duce
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Wildcat » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:43 pm

I think MPCG is a big disappointment for all the talk about Lorenz and being ranked in the poll.
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rumbles » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:10 pm

Wasnt Lamoure ranked like 3rd or something. they would be my biggest dissapointment
rumbles
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Wildcat » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:58 pm

SCC wrote:
Wildcat wrote:I think MPCG is a big disappointment for all the talk about Lorenz and being ranked in the poll.

Oh, please...

Like or not, Region 2 wasn't exactly the toughest region and they were ranked early on because SOMEONE kept voting for them when they were 7-4.
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby PA42 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:08 am

Wildcat wrote:
SCC wrote:
Wildcat wrote:I think MPCG is a big disappointment for all the talk about Lorenz and being ranked in the poll.

Oh, please...

Like or not, Region 2 wasn't exactly the toughest region and they were ranked early on because SOMEONE kept voting for them when they were 7-4.
The patriots were never 7-4. And after they lost two games they were not in the top ten until they were 13-4. I honestly think mpcg overachieved this year. I would definately not call them a disappointment.
Last edited by PA42 on Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
PA42

Next

Return to Boys