Germs

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby mags » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:28 pm

ok this really is not about "germs" but in regional play this get rediculous

say u r a captain
u muss shake hands during warmups before and after the meeting

at regions u shake the other guys hand that starts in the same position as u during starting lineups

at the tip off u must shake everyones hand (not must but basically, u know)

and finally at the end u must shake the other teams hand..

that makes a grand total of 5 hand shakes..  kinda pointless if u ask me..??
mags
NDPreps Starter

Postby power-aid14 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:33 pm

mags wrote:ok this really is not about "germs" but in regional play this get rediculous

say u r a captain
u muss shake hands during warmups before and after the meeting

at regions u shake the other guys hand that starts in the same position as u during starting lineups

at the tip off u must shake everyones hand (not must but basically, u know)

and finally at the end u must shake the other teams hand..

that makes a grand total of 5 hand shakes..  kinda pointless if u ask me..??

interesting, yeah well its probly just a respect thing. i know i like the opposing player more if he makes the effort to shake my hand with eye contact
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ND_Fan » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:52 pm

This is the dumbest topic i have ever heard. its a sportsmanship thing. Why would you make a topic about this?
ND_Fan

Postby grizz » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:54 pm

ND_Fan wrote:This is the dumbest topic i have ever heard. its a sportsmanship thing. Why would you make a topic about this?

Yeah no doubt. Its called respect and it will always be apart of the game.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:37 pm

grizz wrote:
ND_Fan wrote:This is the dumbest topic i have ever heard. its a sportsmanship thing. Why would you make a topic about this?

maybe i understood it differntbut he said it WASNT about germs. just a thought that there doesnt need to be that many hand shakes. start the game no problem, end the game yea, but why captains and and lineups? not to mention some teams shake the hands of officials and coaches during line ups too.  its kinda like why is the National Anthem played before the varisty game and not JV.  maybe there is an answer and i dont know it but it seems jsut like a thing that always happens and no one wants to be the one to change it.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby grizz » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:54 am

baseball wrote:
grizz wrote:

maybe i understood it differntbut he said it WASNT about germs. just a thought that there doesnt need to be that many hand shakes. start the game no problem, end the game yea, but why captains and and lineups? not to mention some teams shake the hands of officials and coaches during line ups too.  its kinda like why is the National Anthem played before the varisty game and not JV.  maybe there is an answer and i dont know it but it seems jsut like a thing that always happens and no one wants to be the one to change it.

If you are gonna quote me, you should at least read what I'm saying. I said its a dumb topic because its a respect issue. Why not shake hands??? It's just a tradition that shows respect towards your opponents. No one wants to be the one to change it because they know that it would be stupid to change something thats not hurtin anyone.
Last edited by grizz on Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby mags » Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:52 pm

yah fine shake hands respect all that but 5 times!?!
mags
NDPreps Starter

Postby sodadrinker » Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:54 pm

its only the captains and starters that shake hands that much not everyone
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:15 pm

grizz wrote:
baseball wrote:
grizz wrote:

If you are gonna quote me, you should at least read what I'm saying. I said its a dumb topic because its a respect issue. Why not shake hands??? It's just a tradition that shows respect towards your opponents. No one wants to be the one to change it because they know that it would be stupid to change something thats not hurtin anyone.

i was quoting ND_Fan and i clicked the one you typed......wow didnt know it was that big a deal, but if you read mine i AGREED with you about it being respect and tradition
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby CZAQ55 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:25 pm

when you are playing you dont really notice that u shake hands that much but a player with sportsmanship will do it without thought but this is really a dumb topic to start tho
"Defeat is not the worst of failures. Not to have tried is the true failure."
CZAQ55
NDPreps Reserve

Postby grizz » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:50 pm

CZAQ55 wrote:when you are playing you dont really notice that u shake hands that much but a player with sportsmanship will do it without thought but this is really a dumb topic to start tho

Thank you
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby sodadrinker » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:56 pm

grizz wrote:
CZAQ55 wrote:when you are playing you dont really notice that u shake hands that much but a player with sportsmanship will do it without thought but this is really a dumb topic to start tho

Thank you

exactly its not like a big deal to shake the other teams hand more than once.  i dont know if ive ever seen a player complain about it.  the banana split is lookin good
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby grizz » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:58 pm

haha thanks sodadrinker, the team america avatar was gettin old.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Return to Boys