Region Sr. Players of the year

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby baseball » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:15 am

do u really have anything as to why you tihnk Sizer.  so far all you've done is basically repeat waht i say...
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndbbfan » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:22 am

baseball wrote:do u really have anything as to why you tihnk Sizer.  so far all you've done is basically repeat waht i say...

don't think so, but here it goes again.... Great all-around player, can play more than one position, great team leadership, stamina, energy.  Consistently productive in many aspects of the game, a lot of the same things Bakkum does.  That's why this is so debatable. 
ndbbfan

Postby ndbbfan » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:25 am

Anyone have any comments about other regions?  Region 2 - Lorenz?  Region 4 - Ironheart?
ndbbfan

Postby rep » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:26 am

co-r3spoy?
rep

Postby pacod » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:29 am

Well it's kind of obvious who's getting region 4........T. I.
pacod

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:14 pm

pacod wrote:Well it's kind of obvious who's getting region 4........T. I.

yeah nothing could be more obvious but lets say ironheart had already graduated, who are the other candidates for this award?
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bill » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:43 pm

region 6 has to be adam hunt....in all three games in districts he had more than 25 points...he had 26 against drake, 33 against velva, and 30 against westhope
bill
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sodadrinker » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:50 pm

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:

yeah nothing could be more obvious but lets say ironheart had already graduated, who are the other candidates for this award?

darling, cory wall, and the big kid from adams edmore.... tony and wall were the only unanimous selections for all district this year in district 7
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby The Schwab » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:51 pm

really...i figured that R.J. Darling would be a unanimous choice....but then again i dont watch him play night in and night out.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby sodadrinker » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:53 pm

The Schwab wrote:really...i figured that R.J. Darling would be a unanimous choice....but then again i dont watch him play night in and night out.
oh ya he would but he got moved to district 8 this year... him and the kid from AE got co senior athlete of the year in district 8 other wise yes he wouldve
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby threepointplay » Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:14 pm

rkmt wrote:Count me as a vote for Bakkum.  I've seen them both play just a few times, and Sizer does some amazing things - the way he finds a way to basket for rebounds could be a nice edge for BCN if Linton is having even a slightly sub-par shooting night - they won't get many second shots from what I've seen.  However, I liked Bakkum as an all around player that can take control of the whole floor.  It's hard to compare a post and a perimeter player sometimes, but Bakkum has great numbers and yet plays pretty unselfishly IMO.  At 24 points and over 8 assists, he's directly involved with 40+ points a night, not to mention possessions he gets back averaging almost 4 steals.  He's not that far under a double in the rebounding department either.  No, stats aren't the only thing, but they do tell a pretty good story about what a player does for his team when you look across the whole stat sheet, and Bakkum makes things happen for everyone.

No one should feel bad either way it goes.  I think Bakkum will get it.  However, I won't speak for him since I don't know him personally, but he seems like the type of person who'd trade places with Sizer in a heartbeat to have his team playing tomorrow night even if it meant no shot at the award.  POY is nice but we're probably a lot more interested in who gets it than the 2 players themselves are.  Bakkum doesn't need the award to impress anyone since he already knows where he's going to play D-II basketball, and Sizer still has a shot to go to state which I'm sure he's concentrating on.   It a good debate though, and hopefully everyone will be congratulatory on here once it has been announced because they've both had great careers.
Thats exactly right both have had great careers, i've seen them both play multiple times and they're both great at what they do. Whoever wins it i'll have no complaints.
threepointplay
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baller01 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:58 pm

ndbbfan wrote:
baller01 wrote:
bballer2 wrote:
baseball wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:all i know is that if tony ironheart doesnt get it from region 4 im gonna individually go around and ask the coaches and if they didnt vote for him im gonna kick them in the groin

hahaha same for Bakkum.  sure Sizer is good but he's one dimensional, whereas Bakkum can play inside and outside, run the point, play center, or run of picks.  He is the best player in the regoin

i believe sizer is more deserving... hes awesome... there team is winning... he puts up bigger numbers... and hes a better ball player... he is as deserving and probably more...

Is this really even a question??? I mean seriously, Sizer is a TREMENDOUS player no doubt. And if the award went to the player that scored the most points and pulled down the most rebounds, it would definately be Sizer. But senior athlete goes to the best player that is a senior. The difference between these two is Sizer has 4 other guys trying to get him the ball at all times on the floor. Bakkum doesn't have anyone to set him up. He has to create his own shots for himself and create shots for his teammates. All Sizer has to do is stand in the post and wait for the 4 BCN guards to throw him the ball. Both are very deserving of this award though and both are very good players, but IMO, Bakkum is the better player.

And if Steele would have been in the lower bracket, they would be playing on Thursday too. Maybe not for the regional championship, but they for sure wouldn't  have been 1 and done. It is unfortunate for Bakkum though, he deserved to play a few more games.

I don't think it's quite as easy as you make it sound.  Every game he is double and triple teamed, and has to constantly work to get around those defenders to even get a chance to get the ball

Not quite as easy as sitting outside shooting the three-ball IMO.  Both Bakkum and Sizer have had outstanding high school careers, but gotta give this one to Sizer.

In regards to your first comeback, I never meant it to sound easy, I just meant he just stands in the lane area and works for position. I'm not saying it is easy, I'm just saying he has 4 guys looking to get him the ball.

In regards to your second comeback, if Bakkum was a set shooter that fed off of other players penetrating and kicking out to him, then yes, I would say it is easy. But seeing Bakkum play since he was a freshman, I can say in the last two years, I don't think I've ever seen him just stand and wait for a pass and then catch and shoot. Usually all of his threes are 22+ feet pullups with a man right in his face.

So if we are comparing jumpshots, baby hooks, and stuff like that within 5 feet of the basket, and 20,22, even 24 foot pull up 3's with a man in his face, I'm going to say the 5 foot shot is easier then the long 3.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby BB11 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:16 pm

bill wrote:region 6 has to be adam hunt....in all three games in districts he had more than 25 points...he had 26 against drake, 33 against velva, and 30 against westhope

Adam Hunt can't get it as Michael Cooper won it in Dist. 11 and Shane Heidel won it for District 12 - so it is between those two players.

I do agree that Adam is extremely deserving of the award though.
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndtaterman » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:22 pm

rkmt wrote:Count me as a vote for Bakkum.  I've seen them both play just a few times, and Sizer does some amazing things - the way he finds a way to basket for rebounds could be a nice edge for BCN if Linton is having even a slightly sub-par shooting night - they won't get many second shots from what I've seen.  However, I liked Bakkum as an all around player that can take control of the whole floor.  It's hard to compare a post and a perimeter player sometimes, but Bakkum has great numbers and yet plays pretty unselfishly IMO.  At 24 points and over 8 assists, he's directly involved with 40+ points a night, not to mention possessions he gets back averaging almost 4 steals.  He's not that far under a double in the rebounding department either.  No, stats aren't the only thing, but they do tell a pretty good story about what a player does for his team when you look across the whole stat sheet, and Bakkum makes things happen for everyone.

No one should feel bad either way it goes.  I think Bakkum will get it.  However, I won't speak for him since I don't know him personally, but he seems like the type of person who'd trade places with Sizer in a heartbeat to have his team playing tomorrow night even if it meant no shot at the award.  POY is nice but we're probably a lot more interested in who gets it than the 2 players themselves are.  Bakkum doesn't need the award to impress anyone since he already knows where he's going to play D-II basketball, and Sizer still has a shot to go to state which I'm sure he's concentrating on.   It a good debate though, and hopefully everyone will be congratulatory on here once it has been announced because they've both had great careers.

Is Bakkum going to play DII ball?   I heard he committed to play in Bismarck.
ndtaterman
NDPreps Starter

Postby rkmt » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:26 pm

ndtaterman wrote:

Is Bakkum going to play DII ball?   I heard he committed to play in Bismarck.

Yeah - U of Mary is now in the Northern Sun Conference which is Division II
rkmt
NDPreps Starter

Postby WildWarrior » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:57 pm

The Schwab wrote:really...i figured that R.J. Darling would be a unanimous choice....but then again i dont watch him play night in and night out.

RJ Darling is in District 8 this year
WildWarrior
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby WildWarrior » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:58 pm

RJ Darling and Nick Bylin were co-senior athletes in district 8.  i would have to say Cory Wall was probably 2nd in district 7.
WildWarrior
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sodadrinker » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:13 pm

WildWarrior wrote:

RJ Darling and Nick Bylin were co-senior athletes in district 8.  i would have to say Cory Wall was probably 2nd in district 7.

well like i said before the only 2 unanimous selections to all district were wall and tony IH so im guessing he had to of been second too.
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby WildWarrior » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:21 pm

sodadrinker wrote:
WildWarrior wrote:

well like i said before the only 2 unanimous selections to all district were wall and tony IH so im guessing he had to of been second too.

Yep, I said that because of you pal!!  :alc:
WildWarrior
NDPreps All-Conference

Previous

Return to Boys