superstitions

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby ndfan » Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:58 pm

Any basketball players now or in the past have any superstitions before, during, or after a game? Cause Ryan Baldock from MPCG was wearing his shorts backwards last night and had his best game of the year and sounds like he was gonna do it the rest of the year. Sounds to me like a superstition.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby web17 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:12 pm

ndfan wrote:Any basketball players now or in the past have any superstitions before, during, or after a game? Cause Ryan Baldock from MPCG was wearing his shorts backwards last night and had his best game of the year and sounds like he was gonna do it the rest of the year. Sounds to me like a superstition.

too bad his year is over. didnt work so great the second time.
web17
NDPreps Starter

Postby sodadrinker » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:12 pm

i am very supersticous.... the bus ride stays the same..... everything stays the same
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby grizz » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:15 pm

All superstitions do is they get in your head and they are something to blame a loss on. If you had no superstitions, you would go out everytime, thinking the same way about how you are going to play. But with superstitions, your concentrating on the details more than the real game. I dont believe in them
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby sodadrinker » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:21 pm

haha i actually think i do use them more to blame a loss than anything when i think about it
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby Mauer07 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:21 pm

I think that some people do them because it takes them into a comfort zone so they are ready to play knowing what they did will help them play good
You can't measure the heart of a champion
Mauer07
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby grizz » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:25 pm

It might settle some people down, but I know that just because they eat a pretzel for breakfast on game day isnt going to do anything for you
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby sodadrinker » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:27 pm

grizz wrote:It might settle some people down, but I know that just because they eat a pretzel for breakfast on game day isnt going to do anything for you

hahaha
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby Mauer07 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:30 pm

What are some of your guys favorite superstions that you know of?? l liked it when MJ wore his UNC shorts underneath his bulls shorts
Mauer07
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby project-pat » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:32 pm

I think Gilbert Arenas completely changes his uniform after the first half of every game, not sure though. Maybe only on bad games.
project-pat

Postby Mauer07 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:33 pm

doesnt he also throw his jersey into the crowd after every game??
Mauer07
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby grizz » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:34 pm

Mauer07 wrote:What are some of your guys favorite superstions that you know of?? l liked it when MJ wore his UNC shorts underneath his bulls shorts

Now doin somethin like that has some meaning behind it, rather than pretzel eating. Haha. It kinda serves as a reminder to himself of where he came from and what hes gone through to get to that point.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby project-pat » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:35 pm

Mauer07 wrote:doesnt he also throw his jersey into the crowd after every game??

yeah i think so
project-pat

Postby sodadrinker » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:41 pm

project-pat wrote:I think Gilbert Arenas completely changes his uniform after the first half of every game, not sure though. Maybe only on bad games.

he dont change jerseys everygame but he has in the passed.  normally he changes his shoes from black to white or vice versa is he is having and off game
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby bballer2 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:34 pm

i shave my head before every game... and it dint work lol... still gotta believe in them... i shot horrible in the first half of a game... i switched my shoes... and play a better second half lol... it helped ....
bballer2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby deere » Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:40 pm

ate the same pre game meal, took the browns to the super bowl, listened to the same music, said the same prayer before every game.....worked for me.
deere

Postby marchmadness10 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:41 pm

project-pat wrote:I think Gilbert Arenas completely changes his uniform after the first half of every game, not sure though. Maybe only on bad games.

haha speaking of gilbert Arenas the whole wizards team has a superstition. They wear those gold jerseys at every road game they play because they usually play well in them.
marchmadness10
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baller01 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:44 pm

In the last 2 years, I've played the 2 worst games of my life when I've changed my socks from what I was doing in the past. Last year I always wore white socks and then first game of districts I went with black socks. My team and I played TERRIBLE so I changed back to white at halftime and I played better the second half and we won. This year I always go low black socks, except a game that was in the beginning of they year I went black mids instead. I played absoutly terrible the first half and so did my team. I changed back to my low black socks at halftime and we ended up coming back and winning. Haha, I know, it sounds weird, but just a little story I thought I'd share.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby unc2 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:21 pm

sodadrinker wrote:

he dont change jerseys everygame but he has in the passed.  normally he changes his shoes from black to white or vice versa is he is having and off game
Um actually he does sodadrinker, I was watching a game the other week on ESPN and they told the story on it
Last edited by unc2 on Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
unc2
NDPreps Starter

Postby sodadrinker » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:27 pm

unc2 wrote: 
sodadrinker wrote:

Um actually he does sodadrinker, I was watching a game the other week on ESPN and they told the story on it

not at halftime they said he changes it at halftime and then throws it in the crowd after the game... he throws it in the crowd every game but doesnt change his jersey at halftime every game... thats what i was saying
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby fruit snack » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:30 pm

dont shave
fruit snack

Postby unc2 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:39 pm

sodadrinker wrote:
unc2 wrote: 
sodadrinker wrote:

not at halftime they said he changes it at halftime and then throws it in the crowd after the game... he throws it in the crowd every game but doesnt change his jersey at halftime every game... thats what i was saying

oh alright i thought  they said he did but your prolly right
unc2
NDPreps Starter

Postby sodadrinker » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:42 pm

unc2 wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:
unc2 wrote: 
sodadrinker wrote:

oh alright i thought  they said he did but your prolly right

im not gonna doubt at all that he has but i know he normall changes his shoes at halftime or between courters if hes not shooting well.
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby sodadrinker » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:46 pm

fruit snack wrote:dont shave

thats a classic one there... im guilty
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby unc2 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:59 pm

I know this kid from bowman and he doesnt shave. His beard is seriously like a birds nest. He is like 6'8'' too
unc2
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Boys