Mott-Regent Defeats Killdeer

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby AAfootballfan » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:31 pm

Mott-Regent -56

Killdeer-55

Killdeer had 3 shots to win it in the last seconds but could not get one to go..gotta be the biggest upset so far!
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby unc2 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:08 pm

Ya thats is quite the upset. I didnt think mott could pull out a win with killdeer have players like dufault and wheeling but i guess i was wrong
unc2
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sioux Rock!!!! » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:17 pm

AAfootballfan wrote:Mott-Regent -56

Killdeer-55

Killdeer had 3 shots to win it in the last seconds but could not get one to go..gotta be the biggest upset so far!

Yep thats right, and to bad for wheeling he couldn't shoot tonight.
Sioux Rock!!!!
NDPreps Rookie

Postby lambboy » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:33 pm

im glad to see that beach beat beulah, no one really gave them a chance to win this game, ha nobody hardly gave them a chance to get out of districts. they are a young team that will be good for the next couple of years. i am not that surprised that mott regent beat killdeer, mott regent is very well balanced and all of there starters can score and they are all athletes, look out for them in the next couple of days.
lambboy
NDPreps Starter

Postby unc2 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:43 pm

Im glad beach won too but i dont think them or mott/regent will get by trinity and hazen. I think they will both be purty good games and it will turn out to be a great championship game between the two winners
unc2
NDPreps Starter

Postby Pfenix » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:41 pm

The big difference between M/R and Killdeer is very easy for me to see.  Only four people from killdeer scored.  M/R had much more depth down the stretch, and as hard to believe as it is, brock gion really did a good job defending dufault for a 5'11" guy guarding a 6'7" guy.  I know he still put in 30, but he really kept him out of the interior.  or I'm just crazy, cuz you can't really say you did a good job defending someone when they drop 30 on you.  But it just looked like he was thrown off his game when gion was out there.

Otherwise that game was craazzzy.  And people were saying District 13 was going to get swept out in the first round!
Pfenix
NDPreps Starter

Postby Wildcat » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:33 pm

I guess I heard a lot of people saying Beach could upset Beulah, so I wouldn't say noone gave them a chance. I thought Beulah would win by a two or three points, but wasn't surprised when Beach won.

Hazen didn't surprise me one bit. I figured it would be a blow out.

The Killdeer-MR game was a great one, but Wheeling just wasn't on at the end, at least not like Dufault was. He's amazing. Mott-Regent is very athletic and they shredded Killdeer's interior defense by cutting to the basket repeatedly. I was really disgusted by Trinity's cheering section. Not the kids, the adults. They were cheering more for Killdeer to lose, than they cheered for their team to win against Hettinger.

I really thought Hettinger would give Trinity a little more of a battle, but Trinity played well and they're playing their best ball, much like the other three teams in the semis. Rising is really coming on.

Last edited by Wildcat on Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ND_Fan » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:13 pm

yes i agree, all the teams in the semis are playing great ball right now. but i gotta go with a rematch of the district 14 championship with hazen facing trinity on thursday night. Jordan Rising played a great game tonight
ND_Fan

Postby fish » Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:33 am

Hey Project Pat,

What about the WILDFIRE! You said we were gonna get beat out by 10+, i thought! And to everyone else out there the Wildfire have a very good chance at the Titans tonight. These teams met halfway through the season and Mott/Regent lost by 5! They really cud have won it however, in the second quarter they were outscored by 18 i believe!! The matter of the fact is that tonight, is gonna be an awesome ball game! And if the Wildfire show up they're gonna be amazing! As the old saying goes, "Any team can beat another on any given night."
fish
NDPreps Reserve

Postby point/center » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:17 am

good luck fish, i'm like you, and hope for a good game. that's why the play it. rankings mean nothing on the court. good luck,
Last edited by point/center on Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby Taco Man » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:20 am

Can ya beleive Default plays the gaurd position.Thats poor coaching, With his size and athletic ability put him under the basket.
Taco Man
NDPreps Rookie

Postby marchmadness10 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:30 am

Sioux Rock!!!! wrote:

Killdeer-55

Haha yeah i agree but the funny thing is that on wheeling's night that he couldn't shoot he still managed to drop 21, and between him and dufault they scored 51 or killdeers 55 points. killdeer had a contraversial three before regulation ended where dufaults foot was supposedly on the line but idk if it was or not which would have given killdeer a 52 to 51 lead.
marchmadness10
NDPreps Reserve

Postby West Dakota » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:13 am

Was indeed a very fun game to watch in a packed house! Good luck tonight MR!

Last edited by West Dakota on Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
West Dakota
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby The Schwab » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:23 am

congrats to the wildfire, I had Killdeer winning region 7 and going to state...guess i got that one wrong.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Weezy Baby » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:46 am

I have to say, i was at the game, and i was very impressed at how Mot/Regent kept their composure especially #3 Brade (last name?) he kept them in that game. they were able to keep up with the ridiculous scoring of Wheeling/Dufault. i was very surprised at how well they played in OT. i thought Killdeer's great 2 would be too much in OT, but i guess not.
Weezy Baby

Postby letsgosox » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:12 pm

marchmadness10 wrote:
Sioux Rock!!!! wrote:

Killdeer-55

Haha yeah i agree but the funny thing is that on wheeling's night that he couldn't shoot he still managed to drop 21, and between him and dufault they scored 51 or killdeers 55 points. killdeer had a contraversial three before regulation ended where dufaults foot was supposedly on the line but idk if it was or not which would have given killdeer a 52 to 51 lead.

killdeer reviewed the tape today, it was indeed a three pointer. neither ref indicated that it was a two, and one ref held up three fingers to the scorers table.
letsgosox

Postby letsgosox » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:12 pm

marchmadness10 wrote:
Sioux Rock!!!! wrote:

Killdeer-55

killdeer reviewed the tape today, it was indeed a three pointer. neither ref indicated that it was a two, and one ref held up three fingers to the scorers table.
letsgosox

Postby ndfbfan » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:38 pm

letsgosox wrote:
marchmadness10 wrote:
Sioux Rock!!!! wrote:

Killdeer-55

Not much can be done now. Its too bad if it really was a 3, but thats they way it goes. Gotta feel for Jacob though. Not the way he was hoping to go out.
ndfbfan

Postby grizz » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:08 pm

letsgosox wrote:killdeer reviewed the tape today, it was indeed a three pointer. neither ref indicated that it was a two, and one ref held up three fingers to the scorers table.

He shot that right in front of me, and I actually thought it was a 3 pointer too. The ref in front of me showed 3 fingers on his hand, but kept his hand down at his side. The rules say it doesnt matter how many fingers he puts up, it matters where his hand is located. I'm not sure what the other refs put up tho.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby unc2 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:14 pm

Taco Man wrote:Can ya beleive Default plays the gaurd position.Thats poor coaching, With his size and athletic ability put him under the basket.

Have you seen dufault play, I think he is doing just fine at the postion he is playing
unc2
NDPreps Starter

Postby gator-nation » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:19 pm

30 pts in the game.......i think he is doing just fine at guard
gator-nation

Postby letsgosox » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:27 pm

if it wasnt for austin dufault, killdeer would have lost to mott/regent by 20. he single handedly kept them in that game
letsgosox

Postby straightballer » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:55 am

Taco Man wrote:Can ya beleive Default plays the gaurd position.Thats poor coaching, With his size and athletic ability put him under the basket.

How is that bad coaching kid dropped 30 against mott and won the game with a three in regulation that the scorekeeper said was a 2
straightballer

Postby baller01 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:11 am

Guys, it's obvious he doesn't know what he is talking about.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby grizz » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:06 am

You can tell hes new....
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Return to Boys