Home Court Advantage in Regionals

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby marchmadness10 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:28 am

I was reading the paper this morning, and i was reading the articles about the region 7 tourney and then in the preview of the hettinger trinity game i saw it said that trinity will have home court advantage for the whole tournament. Does home court advantage make that much of a difference?
marchmadness10
NDPreps Reserve

Postby marchmadness10 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:29 am

not just for trinity but for any team that palys on theirhome court at regionals.
marchmadness10
NDPreps Reserve

Postby The Schwab » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:37 am

huge advantage.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby marchmadness10 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:39 am

why? do they know where not to dribble the ball on the court to not hit the dead spots?
marchmadness10
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sodadrinker » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:42 am

i dont know why the state doesnt just decide to play all tournament games on neutral courts for all the teams.
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby marchmadness10 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:46 am

That would be a good idea but where would you find enough neutral gyms that are big enough to hold a regional tournament. For example where would you hold the region 7 tournament?
marchmadness10
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sodadrinker » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:47 am

marchmadness10 wrote:That would be a good idea but where would you find enough neutral gyms that are big enough to hold a regional tournament. For example where would you hold the region 7 tournament?

i was thinking maybe like dickinson high.  thats a pretty big gym isnt it.  it would pretty much be a home game for trinity still but personally i like playin on my home floor and shooting on our rims cuz its just a comfort factor
Last edited by sodadrinker on Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby project-pat » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:21 pm

sodadrinker wrote:
marchmadness10 wrote:That would be a good idea but where would you find enough neutral gyms that are big enough to hold a regional tournament. For example where would you hold the region 7 tournament?

i was thinking maybe like dickinson high.  thats a pretty big gym isnt it.  it would pretty much be a home game for trinity still but personally i like playin on my home floor and shooting on our rims cuz its just a comfort factor

They tried holding it at DHS and DSU a couple times, but revenue was way down. They make way more money holding it at trinity, that's the main reason it is held there, that and all the coaches vote to have it there.
project-pat

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:31 pm

project-pat wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:

They tried holding it at DHS and DSU a couple times, but revenue was way down. They make way more money holding it at trinity, that's the main reason it is held there, that and all the coaches vote to have it there.
the only thing about having at ur homecourt is that yeah you are used to shooting on your own rims but the crowd factor won't have an effect cuz only about 1/4 of the fans are from your place cheering for you.  two years ago when may port cg went to state and regionals were in grafton they beat 3 district 4 opponents in a row one being grafton.  they beat d/st in the first round by 25 but d/st was an underdog.  beat grafton the next night by 10 and beat north border the night after by 13 or 14.  north border played the previous 6 games in grafton coming into that game and mpcg who that year was an underdog to beat us came in and won.  I think some people are just thinking for another exscuse to hate dickinson trinity's success.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby grizz » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:42 pm

marchmadness10 wrote:why? do they know where not to dribble the ball on the court to not hit the dead spots?

haha I dont think they think about that while they are playing a game. They dribble where they need to.

I think having home court advantage is an advantage but the tourny has to be somewhere. Having it at DHS wouldnt do anything because its still in dickinson and all the people that would go to trinity would just go to dhs. They don't have any other big gym to hold regionals in either.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby OilCanBoy » Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:16 pm

I personally think that all private schools shouldn't be class B anyways.
OilCanBoy

Postby Flyer » Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:22 pm

OilCanBoy wrote:I personally think that all private schools shouldn't be class B anyways.

I am not from a private school and I hate people who think this..Just because these teams are usually good doesn't mean that they should be in a different division. Other teams just need to put in more time to get better, just like they do..Class B basketball is the best sporting event in the tri-state area maybe even in the nation, so why would you want to change that in any way..Get over being Jealous and get better..
Flyer

Postby scruffy » Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:46 pm

It's an attitude thing!  If a team lets it get to their heads then home court advantage might be something, but if they have mental toughness and play their game it doesn't matter where it's played.  Trinity for instance has won regional titles at home and on the road.  They have also lost regional tournament games both on their home floor and on the road...  Usually it comes down to who's the better team just like it should.
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby thundastruck. » Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:56 pm

Flyer wrote:
OilCanBoy wrote:I personally think that all private schools shouldn't be class B anyways.

I am not from a private school and I hate people who think this..Just because these teams are usually good doesn't mean that they should be in a different division. Other teams just need to put in more time to get better, just like they do..Class B basketball is the best sporting event in the tri-state area maybe even in the nation, so why would you want to change that in any way..Get over being Jealous and get better..

private schools shouldnt be in class b.  minot, williston, bismarck, fargo, dickinson are not small class b towns.  the years where there was 4 privates in the state tourney, i dont watch that much of it if any at all.  its not a jealous thing to me, -teams are very succussful where im from and are able to beat them. -- private schools are ruining the class b tourney in my opinion.
thundastruck.

Postby letsgosox » Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:23 pm

As far as the region 7 tournament goes, there is not other place to hold it other than trinity. the tournament bring in over 3000 fans a night and neither dsu or dhs have that kind of capacity. as far as the homecourt factor, yes trinity does have an advantage but many region 7 teams play alot of games at trinity. I know my senior season we played 10 home games and 10 games at trinity, 3 in the roughrider, 3 in districts, 3 in regionals, and then 1 regular season game against trinity there. so it was basically a home away from home.
letsgosox

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:27 pm

this topic has nothing to do with private schools in class b, lets keep it that way or it'll be as big as the four winds and leeds minnewauken topic
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sodadrinker » Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:04 pm

ya how do private schools even have anything to do with this topic???
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby Stromer » Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:16 pm

sodadrinker wrote:ya how do private schools even have anything to do with this topic???

OilCan is bitter, that how.
Hater of the NC$$

Increased D1 student fees? I'm all for it.

http://www.siouxsports.com
Stromer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sodadrinker » Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:24 pm

i dont think the crowd factor has anything to do with homecourt advantage when it comes to tournaments becuz most teams dont have to come very far and their fans will follow but i just think its more comfortable playin on ur home court.
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby propel23 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:26 pm

thundastruck. wrote:
Flyer wrote:

private schools shouldnt be in class b.  minot, williston, bismarck, fargo, dickinson are not small class b towns.  the years where there was 4 privates in the state tourney, i dont watch that much of it if any at all.  its not a jealous thing to me, -teams are very succussful where im from and are able to beat them. -- private schools are ruining the class b tourney in my opinion.
wow you make alot of sense dont you.......?
propel23

Postby thundastruck. » Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:48 pm

propel23 wrote:
thundastruck. wrote:
Flyer wrote:

maybe if i went to a private school it would be smoother...

i think i made my point.
thundastruck.

Postby grizz » Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:57 pm

thundastruck. wrote:
propel23 wrote:
thundastruck. wrote:
Flyer wrote:

i think i made my point.

No, your still not proving a point.....
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby thundastruck. » Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:00 pm

grizz wrote:
thundastruck. wrote:
propel23 wrote:
thundastruck. wrote:
Flyer wrote:

i think i made my point.

No, your still not proving a point.....

oh i thought i was, sorry
thundastruck.

Postby grizz » Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:09 pm

sodadrinker wrote:i dont think the crowd factor has anything to do with homecourt advantage when it comes to tournaments becuz most teams dont have to come very far and their fans will follow but i just think its more comfortable playin on ur home court.

This is so true. Most towns are only what, hour to two hours away? Most fans will drive that little to see their team play in regionals.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby Weezy Baby » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:48 am

yes i agree and in some cases like at trinity the entire crowd is a against trinity so they have less fan support anyway.
Weezy Baby

Next

Return to Boys