district 3 all district team

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:09 am

I haven't been checkin the papers lately so i didn't see who was marked as all district for district 3, did anyone see it?
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby The Schwab » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:14 am

wont be announced until the last team from District 3 end's their season.....
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Region 2 fan » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:48 pm

All-District

Luke Lorenz - May-Port CG
Dustin Klath - May-Port CG
Seth Nichols - Dakota Prairie
Ross Severson - Dakota Prairie
Josh Hegg - Thompson
Casey Nelson - Thompson
Sam Hager - Larimore
Karl Hager - Larimore
Jamie Horne - Hillsboro
Zach Wold - Hatton-Northwood

Honorable Mention

Daniel Ferdon - Larimore
Jason Novacek - Central Valley
Lee Tafelmeyer - Griggs County Central
Zach Myron - Thompson
Mark Wallace - Hatton-Northwood
Region 2 fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Region 2 fan » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:00 pm

I don't know...i'm posting what I read in the Grand Forks Herald today
Region 2 fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby web17 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:22 am

SCC wrote:Why isn't Aaron Delvo on that list?

when we played them we were always more worried about Delvo than Novacek. that is very surprising to me that he isnt at least honorable mention.
web17
NDPreps Starter

Postby Duce » Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:44 am

not sure how severson and horne made it over wallace and myron
*Lead not by words, but by example
Duce
NDPreps Reserve

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:12 am

Duce wrote:not sure how severson and horne made it over wallace and myron

or aaron delvo
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby web17 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:55 am

Duce wrote:not sure how severson and horne made it over wallace and myron
no offense to Hillsboro or their team, but horne was about all they had that could compete with seniors. Wallace and Myron were incosistant and were not needed to play there best game for them to compete.
web17
NDPreps Starter

Postby PA42 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:05 pm

i think aaron meyer deserves to be on the honorable mention team. he had a good year. i think all of the guys who were on the first team deserved. Myron and Wallace were inconsisent. Wallace had a poor second half of the year he was out played by a freshman. Myron just was not in the game lots of the time. It's a shame the kid could of been a stud.
PA42

Postby Region 2 fan » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:19 pm

I agree Aaron Meyer had a good year but so did everyone of those guys up there.  I think we could take more than half of those kids on that list and say they were inconsistent.  And as for Aaron Delvo, I have no idea what the reasoning is behind that.  The same question is asked about that Gus Kueber from Hatton-Northwood.
Region 2 fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby web17 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:57 am

Region 2 fan wrote:I agree Aaron Meyer had a good year but so did everyone of those guys up there.  I think we could take more than half of those kids on that list and say they were inconsistent.  And as for Aaron Delvo, I have no idea what the reasoning is behind that.  The same question is asked about that Gus Kueber from Hatton-Northwood.

wasnt kueber on the bench at the beginning of the year then played his way in?
web17
NDPreps Starter

Postby Region 2 fan » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:39 pm

web17 wrote:
Region 2 fan wrote:I agree Aaron Meyer had a good year but so did everyone of those guys up there.  I think we could take more than half of those kids on that list and say they were inconsistent.  And as for Aaron Delvo, I have no idea what the reasoning is behind that.  The same question is asked about that Gus Kueber from Hatton-Northwood.

yeah but i think every team and coach got to see him with the exception of maybe May-Port CG.  I guess nothing they can do now but he's only a sophomore and I think we'll be hearing a lot of good things from this Kueber player in the future.
Region 2 fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby web17 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:19 pm

Region 2 fan wrote:
web17 wrote:

yeah but i think every team and coach got to see him with the exception of maybe May-Port CG.  I guess nothing they can do now but he's only a sophomore and I think we'll be hearing a lot of good things from this Kueber player in the future.

ya no kidding, imagine he puts on a little muscle and learns to play post too. scary.
web17
NDPreps Starter

Postby PA42 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:11 pm

gus is can play inside quite well. he just did not play to much down low becuase they needed some outside shooting. And his strength does not concearn me because he has those longs to bother opponents instead of banging. He has a lot of potential.
PA42

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:28 pm

Do we still not know why Delvo was left behind?
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby nc » Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:01 am

the reason why severson and horne made it because they were a big part of the team. Horne was the leading scorer and severson was one of the best point guards in the state. That is why they are on there.
nc
NDPreps Starter

Postby web17 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:53 am

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:Do we still not know why Delvo was left behind?

nope
web17
NDPreps Starter

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:30 am

SCC wrote:My guess is they tried to get at least one player from each team, and he just missed being an honorable mention.

Well if they were trying to get one player from each team they should have picked Delvo instead of Novacek.  Delvo was the leader of the team and leading scorer.  He single handedly beat North Border earlier this year going off for 26 or some points. 
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby PA42 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:21 am

remember this is a coach nominated award. maybe novachek was more of a team player or a harder worker i don't know.
PA42

Postby jetblue12 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:27 am

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:
SCC wrote:My guess is they tried to get at least one player from each team, and he just missed being an honorable mention.

Well if they were trying to get one player from each team they should have picked Delvo instead of Novacek.  Delvo was the leader of the team and leading scorer.  He single handedly beat North Border earlier this year going off for 26 or some points. 

a couple good games doesnt solidify a all district player.  hes about as inconsistant as it gets.  looks like a good bball player cus hes a good athlete.  team won 6 games and i dont think he stepped up like he could.  delvo over novacek yes, i dont know what happened there...
Last edited by jetblue12 on Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
jetblue12
NDPreps Starter

Postby jetblue12 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:32 am

nc wrote:the reason why severson and horne made it because they were a big part of the team. Horne was the leading scorer and severson was one of the best point guards in the state. That is why they are on there.

i can name 8 point guards better than severson in just region 2.  horne was the leading scorer on a 7 win team.  i think they could of put a couple other players over these two.
jetblue12
NDPreps Starter

Postby meatball » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:59 am

I dont think there is a point guard in region 2 much better then severson. He averaged 12ppg, 6apg. He was the second leading scorer for the dp offense. Let me hear names in region 2?
meatball

Postby jetblue12 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:16 am

meatball wrote:I dont think there is a point guard in region 2 much better then severson. He averaged 12ppg, 6apg. He was the second leading scorer for the dp offense. Let me hear names in region 2?

im not saying hes not any good but i think i would pick most of these guys over him.  dp was also a disappointment in the district tourney.  they will have a very good team next year.

dustin klath - mpcg

nelson-thompson

strand-hn

delvo-cv

hager-larimore

mozinski -midwayminto

max otto - park river

t. carpenter - north border
jetblue12
NDPreps Starter

Postby web17 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:27 am

meatball wrote:I dont think there is a point guard in region 2 much better then severson. He averaged 12ppg, 6apg. He was the second leading scorer for the dp offense. Let me hear names in region 2?

Casey Nelson.
web17
NDPreps Starter

Postby thunderbaseball_38 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:24 am

web17 wrote:

Casey Nelson.

Ben Strand
thunderbaseball_38

Return to Boys