Best Defender

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby feeshattack » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:54 am

that kiethley kid is from trinity....which is over in the hated region 7
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond all measure."
feeshattack
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby fruit snack » Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:27 am

nativegolfer wrote:Of course I gotta give props to a FW guy.  CJ IH plays perfect "D" for the press. He's one of those guys with long arms, quick hands and he's sneaky.  I don't know how many times I've seen him sneak up from behind a ballhandler and tap the ball away creating a FB. 

imagine that!!
fruit snack

Postby sodadrinker » Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:31 am

fruit snack wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:Of course I gotta give props to a FW guy.  CJ IH plays perfect "D" for the press. He's one of those guys with long arms, quick hands and he's sneaky.  I don't know how many times I've seen him sneak up from behind a ballhandler and tap the ball away creating a FB. 

imagine that!!

u know its true tho fruit snack... i dont know how great of a one on one defender he is but he is definately good on the top of that press
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby fruit snack » Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:32 am

sodadrinker wrote:
fruit snack wrote:

imagine that!!

u know its true tho fruit snack... i dont know how great of a one on one defender he is but he is definately good on the top of that press
hes ok on the press.....its just  navitegolfer thinks FW is best at everything.....when he noes lorenz is the best in the state
fruit snack

Postby thundastruck. » Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:58 pm

sodadrinker wrote:ive heard of some stud from mpcg i guess.  can someone fill me in.

dustin klath?
thundastruck.

Postby Mauer07 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:31 pm

Kiethley is also a very good defender in the district 14 championship game against hazen he shut down chad marshall
You can't measure the heart of a champion
Mauer07
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby web17 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:49 am

You guys really believe Lorenz is the best in the state? Well i was at their last game of the season against larimore and i watched sam hager take him to the cleaners five times....then he blamed it on his teammates for not steppin up and takin a charge. Thing is....hager also shot over him, it was quite funny to watch actually, cuz if lorenz guards a guard he can't stop them....everytime i've seen him guard a guard he can't do it. if he is the greatest defender in the state, then why is he gettin blown away by guards, that's another fact to why he won't be able to play college ball. he's too slow, he has a slow shot, in summer camps he would get blocked probably five times a game. oh, i belive klath is the key component to their team. lorenz was fouled out with five minutes left in that larimore game and mpcg came back and won w/out him. lorenz played maybe six minutes in the second half because of foul trouble, and klath brought them to the top. now i'm not bashing lorenz, cuz he is a good player...but he aint "great"
web17
NDPreps Starter

Postby raindance11 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:28 am

gator-nation wrote:thomas burke from bowman

Ya, i agree Burke is definitely a great defender and cuts off cutting lanes and is constantly in the passing lane.  He's a tough player.
raindance11
NDPreps Rookie

Postby raindance11 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:29 am

feeshattack wrote:that kiethley kid is from trinity....which is over in the hated region 7

Ya he plays pretty good defense also... him and Rising are both great on the defensive end
raindance11
NDPreps Rookie

Postby feeshattack » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:38 am

web17 wrote:You guys really believe Lorenz is the best in the state? Well i was at their last game of the season against larimore and i watched sam hager take him to the cleaners five times....then he blamed it on his teammates for not steppin up and takin a charge. Thing is....hager also shot over him, it was quite funny to watch actually, cuz if lorenz guards a guard he can't stop them....everytime i've seen him guard a guard he can't do it. if he is the greatest defender in the state, then why is he gettin blown away by guards, that's another fact to why he won't be able to play college ball. he's too slow, he has a slow shot, in summer camps he would get blocked probably five times a game. oh, i belive klath is the key component to their team. lorenz was fouled out with five minutes left in that larimore game and mpcg came back and won w/out him. lorenz played maybe six minutes in the second half because of foul trouble, and klath brought them to the top. now i'm not bashing lorenz, cuz he is a good player...but he aint "great"

i agree 100% with web.... lorenz is IMO the most overrated player in the state... the games i watched him, like the state tourney last year, he got ate up by many
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond all measure."
feeshattack
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Wildcat » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:28 pm

I'm also on the "Luke Lorenz is overrated bandwagon."

Everyone comes on here and talks about how much heart and determination he has, like it is rare commodity. Class B doesn't lack heart and determination, it lacks balanced talent in transition from the star player to the first guy off the bench. There are star players and good players, but the depth of talent isn't as good.

That being said, those lesser players may not be great basketball players, but a lot of them have heart and determination. Those two words are used in every sentence mentioned with Lorenz. Yea, we got it. He likes to play play basketball and win games. So does everyone else.

I heard that Klath kid is pretty good, maybe the best player on the team.

Note: What's a guy go to do to get a Luke Lorenz/Four Winds topic around here?

Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby thundastruck. » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:37 pm

feeshattack wrote:
web17 wrote:You guys really believe Lorenz is the best in the state? Well i was at their last game of the season against larimore and i watched sam hager take him to the cleaners five times....then he blamed it on his teammates for not steppin up and takin a charge. Thing is....hager also shot over him, it was quite funny to watch actually, cuz if lorenz guards a guard he can't stop them....everytime i've seen him guard a guard he can't do it. if he is the greatest defender in the state, then why is he gettin blown away by guards, that's another fact to why he won't be able to play college ball. he's too slow, he has a slow shot, in summer camps he would get blocked probably five times a game. oh, i belive klath is the key component to their team. lorenz was fouled out with five minutes left in that larimore game and mpcg came back and won w/out him. lorenz played maybe six minutes in the second half because of foul trouble, and klath brought them to the top. now i'm not bashing lorenz, cuz he is a good player...but he aint "great"

i agree 100% with web.... lorenz is IMO the most overrated player in the state... the games i watched him, like the state tourney last year, he got ate up by many

to many people drink the lorenz kool-aid

klath is better than lorenz.

and justin moe has twice the skill as lorenz..

nice to see people see the same thing as me.
Last edited by thundastruck. on Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thundastruck.

Postby iceman3 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:10 pm

[font=georgia]but lorenz was the best defender at the state tournament last  year[/font]
iceman3

Postby The Schwab » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:47 pm

thundastruck. wrote:
feeshattack wrote:

ok first of all if you watched him at the state tournament last year and say that he didnt play good defense.....you are not very smart.....he shut down 3 of the best offensive players in the state....so your wrong...but good try....

Klath is better than lorenz......well i'm not even going to argue with you about this one....because it's obvious that you must not watch basketball....but good try.....

Justin Moe has twice the offensive skills as lorenz...yes....but not defense....good try bringing that up in the best defender topic.....good try
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:49 pm

thundastruck. wrote:
feeshattack wrote:

DUSTIN KLATH IS NOT BETTER THAN LORENZ.  they both need each other on the court. there is a reason lorenz is guarding the other teams best player every game, i think dave nelson would know who his best defender is before anyone here.  lorenz matches up better with bigger players who play in the post or at a 3 spot.  i dont see klath stopping someone as quick as sam hager any better then lorenz could.  i also dont see klath holding someone as good as anthony kliniske to about 4 points scored on him.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby The Ambassador » Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:26 am

Reese Black from trinity christian is a very good defender. He held pysco to only 15 when they played them. He holds his man to very few points and also averages a few steals a game
The Ambassador

Postby Claz B Fan » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:55 am

Anyone know the name of the kid from Oak Grove who guarded Carlblom in the first round of regionals and held him to 4?
Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby nc » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:09 am

Mr. Me Too wrote:come one now we might as well call this topic how Lorenz shuts down people. . .he's constantly in your face and doesn't give you space to shoot and is quick enough to beat you if your trying to penetrate. . .Lorenz if not the best, he's definitely one of the best defenders in the state whether it be Class A or B

He doesnt shut evreybody down. I think that it was Nichols from dp who had 32 against him one night. It was nichols who shut him down!
nc
NDPreps Starter

Postby The Schwab » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:10 am

and then what happend in the district semifinal?
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:29 am

Luke Lorenz is hands down the best DEFENDER in class b....without a question.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby thundastruck. » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:42 am

The Schwab wrote:Luke Lorenz is hands down the best DEFENDER in class b....without a question.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

thundastruck.

Postby The Schwab » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:44 am

nice one....did your finger get stuck on the keyboard.......or are you just waisting time until you can come up with an arguement for why he isnt......good luck.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby thundastruck. » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:54 am

The Schwab wrote:nice one....did your finger get stuck on the keyboard.......or are you just waisting time until you can come up with an arguement for why he isnt......good luck.

no trying to figure out how a guy from finley is so in love with mayville.  why didnt you transfer there??  you go to mayville state now??  heres a suggestion, since you have a great bball mind and understand the game to perfection go to your home town and help that program and get it out of the dirt its been in since the days of christ. 

and i think baldock is a better defender than lorenz, at least he can play d against guards.
thundastruck.

Postby marchmadness10 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:38 am

it seems like that post from trinity played pretty well against him in the state championship last year.
marchmadness10
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Duce » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:00 am

i agree with everyone except for schawb. I was also at the larimore mayvill game and hager absoluty ate lorenz up . Luke has just to slow of step to stop quick guards. WHy do u think he guards Myron when they play thompson? Myron is not even that good but lorenz is to slow to guard nelson or hegg. NOthing against Luke he is easiely top 5 defenders in state but comon schawb, he is not as great as u think. I hate how people just bandwagon love him for his defense (which is good by all means...but not as good as most people all say)
*Lead not by words, but by example
Duce
NDPreps Reserve

PreviousNext

Return to Boys