Best Defender

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Mauer07 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:29 pm

Who do you think is the most dominanting defender??
You can't measure the heart of a champion
Mauer07
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby iceman3 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:33 pm

[font=georgia]jordan rising of dickinson trinity[/font]
iceman3

Postby sodadrinker » Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:52 pm

ive heard of some stud from mpcg i guess.  can someone fill me in.
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby rep » Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:03 pm

sodadrinker wrote:ive heard of some stud from mpcg i guess.  can someone fill me in.

i'm waiting in anticipation for someone to not read the sarcasm in that comment and very intelligently, innocently and needlessly try and break down lorenz's defense for you. 5...4...3...2...
rep

Postby Duce » Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:03 pm

sodadrinker wrote:ive heard of some stud from mpcg i guess.  can someone fill me in.

lol...hes all this post will talk about now...for sure. We all love him apparently
*Lead not by words, but by example
Duce
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Duce » Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:04 pm

haha..u got me
Duce
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Duce » Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:04 pm

haha..u got me
Duce
NDPreps Reserve

Postby toughregion2 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:22 pm

I dont care if you like him or hate him lorenze is one of the best defenders in the state.  I'm far from a Mpcg fan but give credit where credit is do.   Im going to give this player some props and hes only a sophmore Mozinski from Midway Minto this guy will be talked about for 2 more years and he deserves it.  In your face man to man end line to end line.  If we want to talk about the past Dennis Duloude was one of the best defenders ive seen.  I saw him in the regional and in the state tournement and he was always around the ball if he didnt have it already.   If you saw dennis play you cant argue with me if you can i would like to hear it.  Also craig nelson was a stopper at the guard position. 
toughregion2

Postby baller01 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:16 pm

To me, Luke Lorenz is far and away the best defender in the state. Possibly in both class A and B. Two players that stick out in my mind that play tremendous are Adam Randall from Steele and Kirk Praus of Linton. Randall has held some great players to way below there averages. Everyone always talks about his 15 and 7 or whatever it is but defensively he is stronger IMO. Praus frustrates a lot of guys too. He isn't the quickest guy in the world, but he is always in good position and works incredibly hard at it. From my area those two are probably the two best defenders.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby gator-nation » Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:07 pm

thomas burke from bowman
gator-nation

Postby Mr. Me Too » Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:42 pm

come one now we might as well call this topic how Lorenz shuts down people. . .he's constantly in your face and doesn't give you space to shoot and is quick enough to beat you if your trying to penetrate. . .Lorenz if not the best, he's definitely one of the best defenders in the state whether it be Class A or B
-->aMA[z]iNg<--
Mr. Me Too
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Mauer07 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:52 pm

I think Jordan Rising is because of how lengthy he is and is very hard nosed. He will make the defender work really hard to get past him
You can't measure the heart of a champion
Mauer07
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby The Schwab » Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:53 pm

i think luke lorenz is because.......he is
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby fruit snack » Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:46 pm

The Schwab wrote:i think luke lorenz is because.......he is

wow schwaby thats an excellant reason.....there is so many good defenders out there its hard to pin point sum1 directly.
fruit snack

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:23 am

lorenz is the best defender in the state. close topic (never should've had to be opened in the first place)
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cubsfan » Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:24 am

Luke Lorenz is the best defender in the state.  Jordan Rising is a close second.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby BB11 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:26 am

No argument that Lorenz is the best man on man defender in the state.
I think Michael Cooper from Westhope-Newburg should be on the first team all defense if there was such a thing. This kid has 120 steals this year - that's not to shabby if you ask me.
But I am biased for Region 6 teams and players.
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby nativegolfer » Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:50 am

Of course I gotta give props to a FW guy.  CJ IH plays perfect "D" for the press. He's one of those guys with long arms, quick hands and he's sneaky.  I don't know how many times I've seen him sneak up from behind a ballhandler and tap the ball away creating a FB. 
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby marchmadness10 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:18 am

jordan rising from dt is a tough defender and erhardt from hazen is a pretty scrappy guy too on the defensive end
marchmadness10
NDPreps Reserve

Postby feeshattack » Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:39 am

how many people you think would get mad at me if i said that Luke Lorenz is overrated and isnt a good defender.... haha im guessing at least 50
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond all measure."
feeshattack
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby The Schwab » Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:44 am

feeshattack wrote:how many people you think would get mad at me if i said that Luke Lorenz is overrated and isnt a good defender.... haha im guessing at least 50
is that what your saying.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby ND_Fan » Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:15 am

Jordan Rising plays insane defense.
ND_Fan

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:49 am

feeshattack wrote:how many people you think would get mad at me if i said that Luke Lorenz is overrated and isnt a good defender.... haha im guessing at least 50

that is a pretty stupid question to ask, and if you truthfully believe that then you apparently have never seen him play or are just trying to draw attention to yourself or if neither of those are true then you are just flat out stupid
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby marchmadness10 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:23 am

an underrated defender is mark keithley. if keithley wants to play defense he is tough.
marchmadness10
NDPreps Reserve

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:31 am

marchmadness10 wrote:an underrated defender is mark keithley. if keithley wants to play defense he is tough.

where does he play at?  i've seen plenty of players like that too, if they really get desired to play tough d they are real tough but they dont always have to determination to.
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Next

Return to Boys