Coach of the Year picks

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby prosser5 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:14 am

Region 2- NOT KEENAN KONSHAK-not a good coach
prosser5

Postby automatic99 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:18 am

prosser5 wrote:Region 2- NOT KEENAN KONSHAK-not a good coach

I don't think that was the question.
Last edited by automatic99 on Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
automatic99
NDPreps Starter

Postby hoopsfan » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:18 pm

fruit snack wrote:
project-pat wrote:Why would Rick smith get region COY if he didnt get district?

hes a decent coach and could deserve it unless hes just gonna quit on his team after this year

Why would he quit on his team after this year?
hoopsfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby project-pat » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:43 pm

I think Grinsteiner from Trinity should get COY. He puts on a top notch program year after year. I wasn't expecting them to do anything after losing Smith and Steiner, but they are the 2nd best team in the region and my state pick now. Great Job grinny, keep up the good work.
project-pat

Postby web17 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:02 pm

prosser5 wrote:Region 2- NOT KEENAN KONSHAK-not a good coach

arent u from H-N?
web17
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfan » Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:24 pm

Region 2 definitely should be Shane Robinson, think if he can win region championship on Thursday I think he wins state coach of the year.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby 3s & Dunks » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:24 pm

Coach of the Year in Region 3?  It usually goes like Rep. said to the winner of Region, but man this year it really should go to Coach Horner of Nap!  Man he did an outstanding job as their New coach this year!  How he got his kids to be Overachievers this year speaks for itself.  For what he had to work with and for what they have done, only cuz he has turned their program completly around he needs to be honored as Region 3 Coach of the Year!!!!
3s & Dunks
NDPreps Reserve

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:47 pm

ndfan wrote:Region 2 definitely should be Shane Robinson, think if he can win region championship on Thursday I think he wins state coach of the year.

not that i'm saying he shouldn't win it but since he didn't win coach of the year in district 4 do they still consider him a candidate for the region coach of the year or wouldn't it be between the d-3 and d-4 coaches of the year
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby marchmadness10 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:47 pm

I think that region 7's coach of the year should be johnson from hazen. He continually has a competitive program every year, and this year he has a very good team.
marchmadness10
NDPreps Reserve

Postby rep » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:51 pm

3s & Dunks wrote:Coach of the Year in Region 3?  It usually goes like Rep. said to the winner of Region, but man this year it really should go to Coach Horner of Nap!  Man he did an outstanding job as their New coach this year!  How he got his kids to be Overachievers this year speaks for itself.  For what he had to work with and for what they have done, only cuz he has turned their program completly around he needs to be honored as Region 3 Coach of the Year!!!!

tonight's semifinal was a fun one to watch. there was a napoleon parent standing behind me and i'm willing to bet she made about 8484940439383884904904948438 paces (complete with foot shakes and stuff) throughout the game. she was jacked, though i was slightly concerned for the condition her heart must be in when the game went into overtime.

horner is one of the most quoteable people i have ever met...when i asked him about weigel shooting three-pointers to start the second half in their win over central prairie he said something like, 'well he hit the first one and then i just had to feed the monther. they were practically trying to pull his shorts off until he finally missed one.' not word for word, but pretty close.

great guy. wish him nothing but continued success and that they can keep the program moving in the direction it has gone this season.
rep

Postby BB11 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:29 am

[user=1019]north_border_eagles2106[/user] wrote:
ndfan wrote:Region 2 definitely should be Shane Robinson, think if he can win region championship on Thursday I think he wins state coach of the year.

not that i'm saying he shouldn't win it but since he didn't win coach of the year in district 4 do they still consider him a candidate for the region coach of the year or wouldn't it be between the d-3 and d-4 coaches of the year

Most regions vote on the district coaches of the year and the District champion coach - and/or district runner up coach if neither won coach of the year. So all in all - the coaches of the region have 4 coaches to choose from for region coach of the year - and they do this the day after the district tournaments are done. So, in other words, Shane could, and should get it.
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby scruffy » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:30 am

If Greg Grinsteiner can pull a rabbit out of his hat and they go to state with this team he should be coach of the year for the next three years!!
Last edited by scruffy on Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby NDinPHX » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:28 am

John Butterfield would be a fine choice in Region 7, molded a young team into a forminable foe by the end of the year.
NDinPHX

Postby prosser5 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:12 am

yeah im from h-n and the guy really screwed me over this year, so im not a big fan of him but i definately think that mid-min coach should get it, hes a good coach
prosser5

Postby ndbbfan » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:26 am

3s & Dunks wrote:Coach of the Year in Region 3?  It usually goes like Rep. said to the winner of Region, but man this year it really should go to Coach Horner of Nap!  Man he did an outstanding job as their New coach this year!  How he got his kids to be Overachievers this year speaks for itself.  For what he had to work with and for what they have done, only cuz he has turned their program completly around he needs to be honored as Region 3 Coach of the Year!!!!

Coach Schaffer from BCN deserves a look also.  His first year at BCN as head coach, and gets his team to the Region finals.  Impressive.

ndbbfan

Postby thesports_guy32 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:34 am

prosser5 wrote:yeah im from h-n and the guy really screwed me over this year, so im not a big fan of him but i definately think that mid-min coach should get it, hes a good coach

shane robinson? everyone expected midway-minto to be good this year. show some love for park river's coach... he had lots of success with basicly one player and he got those boys playing some pretty good D.
thesports_guy32

Postby Flyer » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:36 am

prosser5 wrote:yeah im from h-n and the guy really screwed me over this year, so im not a big fan of him but i definately think that mid-min coach should get it, hes a good coach

Sounds to me that you are a very selfish player and with you on the team there was no hope for success..Keep thinking that you loser..Maybe if you put some trust in your coach and your teammates you would have been successful..Are you also the kid that took that cheap shot on the Hope Page player..YOUR A CLASS ACT..Get a life..
Last edited by Flyer on Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flyer

Postby The Schwab » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:43 am

Flyer wrote:

Sounds to me that you are a very selfish player and with you on the team there was no hope for success..Keep thinking that you loser..Maybe if you put some trust in your coach and your teammates you would have been successful..Are you also the kid that took that cheap shot on the Hope Page player..YOUR A CLASS ACT..Get a life..
Yes he is....and i know that for a fact.......
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:06 am

The Schwab wrote:
Flyer wrote:

well if he is the kid that took a cheap shot on the fshp player i think he's lucky the coach let him stay on the team, that was one of the nicest things he could've done.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby experiencingtechnicaldiff » Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:37 am

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:
The Schwab wrote:
Flyer wrote:

well if he is the kid that took a cheap shot on the fshp player i think he's lucky the coach let him stay on the team, that was one of the nicest things he could've done.

I will be another to say it was very cheap. BUT he did kinda get screwed over in his playing time. He is a great ballplayer, and IMO I think he deserved more playing time then he got. IMO he could've started over Tyler Rogers, granted Tony Evenstad should've been starting over Rogers anyways. But that shoul've made Prosser first off the bench, or maybe second. And are all you saying that you have never given a cheap shot in your entire life in any sport? Even if it hasn't been as major as that, I'm sure if you've played a sport, there was one time when you were down in a game that you might have given a cheap shot. But to call the kid a loser? To tell him to get a life? That shows alot of CLASS on your part. Don't get me wrong, what he did wasn't right to do, but you guys aren't perfect, so why should he have to be? And that cheap shot was not as big as everyone's making it seem. It was an intentional push, but its not like he broke a leg on the chairs, or cracked open his head on the stage. Did he even get a bruise or anything from that? I know Schwab saw it, and he thinks it was cheap, I have the same opinion. But Schwab, do you think he really pushed him that hard?

This is an opinion board. If Prosser has something against his coach, thats his opinion, let him have it. At least he isn't saying that a coach from another team that he has never seen play is a horrible coach. At least he has played under Konschak, so he would know if he was a good or bad coach.
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology." -Red Auerbach
experiencingtechnicaldiff
NDPreps Starter

Postby automatic99 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:08 am

experiencingtechnicaldifficulties wrote:
north_border_eagles2106 wrote:
The Schwab wrote:
Flyer wrote:

I will be another to say it was very cheap. BUT he did kinda get screwed over in his playing time. He is a great ballplayer, and IMO I think he deserved more playing time then he got. IMO he could've started over Tyler Rogers, granted Tony Evenstad should've been starting over Rogers anyways. But that shoul've made Prosser first off the bench, or maybe second. And are all you saying that you have never given a cheap shot in your entire life in any sport? Even if it hasn't been as major as that, I'm sure if you've played a sport, there was one time when you were down in a game that you might have given a cheap shot. But to call the kid a loser? To tell him to get a life? That shows alot of CLASS on your part. Don't get me wrong, what he did wasn't right to do, but you guys aren't perfect, so why should he have to be? And that cheap shot was not as big as everyone's making it seem. It was an intentional push, but its not like he broke a leg on the chairs, or cracked open his head on the stage. Did he even get a bruise or anything from that? I know Schwab saw it, and he thinks it was cheap, I have the same opinion. But Schwab, do you think he really pushed him that hard?

This is an opinion board. If Prosser has something against his coach, thats his opinion, let him have it. At least he isn't saying that a coach from another team that he has never seen play is a horrible coach. At least he has played under Konschak, so he would know if he was a good or bad coach.

Before you start talking about who should have played for any coach, you may want to think about something other than the offensive end of the court.  Also, maybe there were other reasons these kids weren't playing....you don't know.  Just because you think someone is a good player, doesn't mean they should be put on the court.  Some coaches expect there kids to earn playing time by working hard in practice and games.....all the time, not just when things are going their way.  So, before you throw Coach Konschak or any other coach under the bus.....you may want to research some things before you comment on certain situations.  
automatic99
NDPreps Starter

Postby prosser5 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:56 am

ok thanks to whoever for stickin up for me but i said that he is a bad coach  because I DID play under him and I worked hard in practiced and hit the weight room to get stronger and I showed him no attitude.  And what did he do? sat me at the end of the bench the whole year, so im sorry if shwab doesnt like me for pushing dillan but that is just my opinion about Konshak and you guys have no right to tell me whether or not my opinion is wrong.

O and yeah i am sorry for what i did in finley, i was mad that we were losing to them cuz i really dont think that we have ever lost to finley b4 that day and i just lost my temper.  But seriously are you going to tell me that you have never ever lost your temper before, or been cheap in a ball game, cuz if you are that is a lie, everyone has lost it at least once.
Last edited by prosser5 on Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
prosser5

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:13 pm

Soooooo... how bout them coach of the year predictions?
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby prosser5 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:19 pm

Who is experiencing techinical difficulties?

prosser5

Postby experiencingtechnicaldiff » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:06 am

My pick in Region 2 is DP's coach, Kurt Herman. He got that team to play tough against every one.
Last edited by experiencingtechnicaldiff on Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology." -Red Auerbach
experiencingtechnicaldiff
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to Boys