Coach of the Year picks

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby baller01 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:54 am

prosser5 wrote:ok thanks to whoever for stickin up for me but i said that he is a bad coach  because I DID play under him and I worked hard in practiced and hit the weight room to get stronger and I showed him no attitude.  And what did he do? sat me at the end of the bench the whole year, so im sorry if shwab doesnt like me for pushing dillan but that is just my opinion about Konshak and you guys have no right to tell me whether or not my opinion is wrong.

O and yeah i am sorry for what i did in finley, i was mad that we were losing to them cuz i really dont think that we have ever lost to finley b4 that day and i just lost my temper.  But seriously are you going to tell me that you have never ever lost your temper before, or been cheap in a ball game, cuz if you are that is a lie, everyone has lost it at least once.

Funny how those who don't play much blame it on the coach instead of blaming it on themselves. I always find it comical that a player will say he busted his butt and his coach didn't play him. Obviously you didn't bust your butt ENOUGH to deserve playing time or any coach that would want to win would play you. I know Konshak personally and he has a great desire to win so I know for sure that if you would have been good enough, you would have played.

You say you busted your butt in practice. Well obviously 5 other guys busted their butts harder then you. Obviously you thought you were working hard but obviously Konshak didn't think so.

You say you lifted weights to get stronger. Were you actually in the weight room lifting weights as hard as you could, or were you just in there to say you lifted weights?

And as far as you showing him no attitude. I find it real hard to believe you never showed him attitude considering what you did in Finley. Obviously you have a little temper and really need to quit blaming riding the bench on your coach and accept the fact that the guys that played ahead of you put in more work and deserved it more then you.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby automatic99 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:23 am

baller01 wrote:
prosser5 wrote:ok thanks to whoever for stickin up for me but i said that he is a bad coach  because I DID play under him and I worked hard in practiced and hit the weight room to get stronger and I showed him no attitude.  And what did he do? sat me at the end of the bench the whole year, so im sorry if shwab doesnt like me for pushing dillan but that is just my opinion about Konshak and you guys have no right to tell me whether or not my opinion is wrong.

O and yeah i am sorry for what i did in finley, i was mad that we were losing to them cuz i really dont think that we have ever lost to finley b4 that day and i just lost my temper.  But seriously are you going to tell me that you have never ever lost your temper before, or been cheap in a ball game, cuz if you are that is a lie, everyone has lost it at least once.

Funny how those who don't play much blame it on the coach instead of blaming it on themselves. I always find it comical that a player will say he busted his butt and his coach didn't play him. Obviously you didn't bust your butt ENOUGH to deserve playing time or any coach that would want to win would play you. I know Konshak personally and he has a great desire to win so I know for sure that if you would have been good enough, you would have played.

You say you busted your butt in practice. Well obviously 5 other guys busted their butts harder then you. Obviously you thought you were working hard but obviously Konshak didn't think so.

You say you lifted weights to get stronger. Were you actually in the weight room lifting weights as hard as you could, or were you just in there to say you lifted weights?

And as far as you showing him no attitude. I find it real hard to believe you never showed him attitude considering what you did in Finley. Obviously you have a little temper and really need to quit blaming riding the bench on your coach and accept the fact that the guys that played ahead of you put in more work and deserved it more then you.
Finally, someone who knows what they are talking about.  It gets sickening listening to kids who think they deserve stuff and just wanted it handed to them all the time.  Any coach, in their right mind, who wanted to win would play the kids he felt he would win with.  I've never met a coach who would throw away a season just because he didn't like a kid.  I think it is ridiculus to even consider that's what happened.  Maybe this kid should quit complaining about his coach and get better this off-season and prove to him he can play.
automatic99
NDPreps Starter

Postby The Schwab » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:35 am

experiencingtechnicaldifficulties wrote:
north_border_eagles2106 wrote:
The Schwab wrote:
Flyer wrote:
prosser5 wrote:yeah im from h-n and the guy really screwed me over this year, so im not a big fan of him but i definately think that mid-min coach should get it, hes a good coach

Sounds to me that you are a very selfish player and with you on the team there was no hope for success..Keep thinking that you loser..Maybe if you put some trust in your coach and your teammates you would have been successful..Are you also the kid that took that cheap shot on the Hope Page player..YOUR A CLASS ACT..Get a life..
Yes he is....and i know that for a fact.......
well if he is the kid that took a cheap shot on the fshp player i think he's lucky the coach let him stay on the team, that was one of the nicest things he could've done.

I will be another to say it was very cheap. BUT he did kinda get screwed over in his playing time. He is a great ballplayer, and IMO I think he deserved more playing time then he got. IMO he could've started over Tyler Rogers, granted Tony Evenstad should've been starting over Rogers anyways. But that shoul've made Prosser first off the bench, or maybe second. And are all you saying that you have never given a cheap shot in your entire life in any sport? Even if it hasn't been as major as that, I'm sure if you've played a sport, there was one time when you were down in a game that you might have given a cheap shot. But to call the kid a loser? To tell him to get a life? That shows alot of CLASS on your part. Don't get me wrong, what he did wasn't right to do, but you guys aren't perfect, so why should he have to be? And that cheap shot was not as big as everyone's making it seem. It was an intentional push, but its not like he broke a leg on the chairs, or cracked open his head on the stage. Did he even get a bruise or anything from that? I know Schwab saw it, and he thinks it was cheap, I have the same opinion. But Schwab, do you think he really pushed him that hard?

This is an opinion board. If Prosser has something against his coach, thats his opinion, let him have it. At least he isn't saying that a coach from another team that he has never seen play is a horrible coach. At least he has played under Konschak, so he would know if he was a good or bad coach.
yes it happened right in front of me.....I'm not saying that Prosser is a dirty player....I'm not going to say anything about his lack of playing time, because i wasnt in practice for H-N everyday......but when i saw him go after dillan I truly believe that he was physically trying to hurt him.....I'm not saying that we should kick this kid out of life.......so prosser it's not that I dont like you, and I can understand why you were frusterated, but dont take it out on a player who didnt do anything to you. Good Luck to you and I hope you go out next year so we can see you play so that I have more then that memory of you as a player......As for the topic of coach of the year I feel that it should go to Fordville-Lankin's Head Coach.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby PA42 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:41 am

i have to believe that fordville lankin will be in the top five again next year. They bring back their top two players and will continue to improve.
PA42

Postby experiencingtechnicaldiff » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:03 am

automatic99 wrote:
baller01 wrote:

Finally, someone who knows what they are talking about.  It gets sickening listening to kids who think they deserve stuff and just wanted it handed to them all the time.  Any coach, in their right mind, who wanted to win would play the kids he felt he would win with.  I've never met a coach who would throw away a season just because he didn't like a kid.  I think it is ridiculus to even consider that's what happened.  Maybe this kid should quit complaining about his coach and get better this off-season and prove to him he can play.

just a question.... Have you guys ever played with him or against him? Have you guys ever seen him practice? Have you guys seen him in the weight room? Have you guys seen him give attitude towards Konshak? I think that Konshak should have been playing a few players a little more than he did on that team. Prosser, Hillesland, and Tangen all deserved more playing time. Evenstad should have been starting over Rogers. Rogers should have been maybe 4 or 5 off the bench. Its quite sad really.. You guys talk like you know the kid, like you know his work ethics, but i'm thinking that alot of what your saying is just from 2 incidents.1. hearing about that ONE game in finley. and 2. Him saying Konshak shouldn't be coach of the year. And the kid has proved he can play ball. I don't remember him saying he should be one of the starting five either. He just said he should have had more playing time. Unless you guys were Mr. Basketball in the last 10 years, or are looking good to be Mr. basketball, I would like to see you match up against him. I'd put my money on him winning.

And just so we aren't off topic. I'm still going with Herman as coach of the year in Region 2.
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology." -Red Auerbach
experiencingtechnicaldiff
NDPreps Starter

Postby baller01 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:21 am

experiencingtechnicaldifficulties wrote:
automatic99 wrote:
baller01 wrote:

just a question.... Have you guys ever played with him or against him? Have you guys ever seen him practice? Have you guys seen him in the weight room? Have you guys seen him give attitude towards Konshak? I think that Konshak should have been playing a few players a little more than he did on that team. Prosser, Hillesland, and Tangen all deserved more playing time. Evenstad should have been starting over Rogers. Rogers should have been maybe 4 or 5 off the bench. Its quite sad really.. You guys talk like you know the kid, like you know his work ethics, but i'm thinking that alot of what your saying is just from 2 incidents.1. hearing about that ONE game in finley. and 2. Him saying Konshak shouldn't be coach of the year. And the kid has proved he can play ball. I don't remember him saying he should be one of the starting five either. He just said he should have had more playing time. Unless you guys were Mr. Basketball in the last 10 years, or are looking good to be Mr. basketball, I would like to see you match up against him. I'd put my money on him winning.

And just so we aren't off topic. I'm still going with Herman as coach of the year in Region 2.

Obviously the only person that really matters thinks that they shouldn't have been. I'm not saying he doesn't work hard and such. I'm just saying don't come on an internet site and call out your coach and whine about not playing. Go cry to your mother, none of us are going to give you sympathy.
Last edited by baller01 on Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Previous

Return to Boys