All State

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:04 pm

like i said before i think lorenz should be on the second team but his team overall isnt as good as last year and unless they make it to state and do some good i dont know how u can pick over the 5 i said earlier
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby baller01 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:07 pm

sodadrinker wrote:like i said before i think lorenz should be on the second team but his team overall isnt as good as last year and unless they make it to state and do some good i dont know how u can pick over the 5 i said earlier

Because Lorenz would hold them below there average.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:17 pm

baller01 wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:like i said before i think lorenz should be on the second team but his team overall isnt as good as last year and unless they make it to state and do some good i dont know how u can pick over the 5 i said earlier

and u cant say that until its proven
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby baller01 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:20 pm

sodadrinker wrote:
baller01 wrote:

Well then how can you say that those 5 are better then Lorenz? He proved last year he was the only junior worthy of 1st team all-state. If we are going by proving things, then Lorenz is the only one that has proven anything. 1st team all-state, state tournament MVP, and got his team a second place at state. Sorry man, if we are going by what has been proven, Lorenz blows those 5 away.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:22 pm

baller01 wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:
baller01 wrote:

Well then how can you say that those 5 are better then Lorenz? He proved last year he was the only junior worthy of 1st team all-state. If we are going by proving things, then Lorenz is the only one that has proven anything. 1st team all-state, state tournament MVP, and got his team a second place at state. Sorry man, if we are going by what has been proven, Lorenz blows those 5 away.

he has proven plenty but so have the 5 i said earlier.  there are more than 5 players that have proven worth of getting 1st team allstate but his team hasnt done what those other teams have done and that is why i think they should get it over him. 
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby baller01 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:27 pm

sodadrinker wrote:
baller01 wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:
baller01 wrote:

he has proven plenty but so have the 5 i said earlier.  there are more than 5 players that have proven worth of getting 1st team allstate but his team hasnt done what those other teams have done and that is why i think they should get it over him. 

What have the other guys got going for them that Lorenz doesn't. Dude, I'm not saying those 5 aren't worthy of 1st team too. I'm just saying Lorenz had it last year. I don't know why he would go from 1st team to 2nd team when he is having a better year this year...
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:29 pm

baller01 wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:
baller01 wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:
baller01 wrote:

What have the other guys got going for them that Lorenz doesn't. Dude, I'm not saying those 5 aren't worthy of 1st team too. I'm just saying Lorenz had it last year. I don't know why he would go from 1st team to 2nd team when he is having a better year this year...
maria weigelt was all state 2nd team junior year and didnt get all state her senior year just becuz her team didnt do as well.  i think its gonna be the same for him this year. 
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby baller01 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:31 pm

sodadrinker wrote:
baller01 wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:
baller01 wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:
baller01 wrote:

maria weigelt was all state 2nd team junior year and didnt get all state her senior year just becuz her team didnt do as well.  i think its gonna be the same for him this year. 

Ok....if his team doesn't win state this year, they will be doing worse then they did last year. I don't see how you think there team is doing so bad. They are more then likely going to go to state.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:34 pm

sodadrinker wrote:i think tony ironheart, mark bakkum, jacob wheeling, justin shipman, and nathaniel packineau will be on the 1st team.  theyre all on teams that have done very well this year and they are big time players.  i think lorenz is a good player but i just feel these 5 are alittle above him this year.  however if mpcg makes state and does well it will be becuz of lorenz and that will change my mind

first page big guy
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby baller01 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:36 pm

sodadrinker wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:i think tony ironheart, mark bakkum, jacob wheeling, justin shipman, and nathaniel packineau will be on the 1st team.  theyre all on teams that have done very well this year and they are big time players.  i think lorenz is a good player but i just feel these 5 are alittle above him this year.  however if mpcg makes state and does well it will be becuz of lorenz and that will change my mind

first page big guy

Well look at it like this. Either Shipmans or Packineaus teams isn't going to state. So are you dropping which ever one doesn't make it to state?
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:38 pm

baller01 wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:

first page big guy

Well look at it like this. Either Shipmans or Packineaus teams isn't going to state. So are you dropping which ever one doesn't make it to state?

uve made a valid point but my opinion is my opinion and i will tell u that i would rather have anyone in the state guard me besides lorenz but this is just the way i feel.  most people think he should be first team all state and maybe he will but this is just the way i feel about it
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby ClassBballa » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:43 pm

The Schwab wrote:
ClassBballa wrote:
cubsfan wrote:
ClassBballa wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:
Flyer wrote:That I feel is still up in the air depending on how teams do the rest of the year: Some of the players that stick out are: Ironheart--FW, Lorenz--MPCG,--Wheeling--Killdeer, Moe--Park River, Nathaniel Packineau--Parshall, Shipman--Watford City, Bakkum--SD...Just to name a few..

Moe?? i dont know if hes that much of a stand out and i honestly dont think lorenz will be on the first team again this year

my guess is that lorenz will make all state but partially becuase he did last year. DOn't get me wrong he is a really good player but he isn't the dominant take over the game player like some of the others that will be first team all state like Tony and Mark. I think their are others who definately deserve it over him. Defense is a big part of the game but not all of the game.

How can you honestly say that.  How does he not take over every game he plays in?  He is averaging around 20 and 10 rebounds per game.  And that isn't even saying that he takes out the other teams best player each and every game.

i think he is averageing less than 20 a game and most of those 20 are quiet (not saying there is anything wrong with that), but he doesn't really take complete control of the game like some do. I just saw Tony stepup and score 32, 9 or 10 free throws in the 4th quarter. Lorenz is a great player and a great defender but he isn't the natural scorer like the others. They have the advantage when it comes to making all state, especially if their teams make it to state and his doesn't.

why, just wondering...i'm not arguing with you saying that Tony shouldnt be first team all state....because he should......Lorenz is the best defensive player in the state....he has led his team well so far this year......I believe that he deserves to make the First Team all state squad...without a question.

as i said earlier, i think Lorenz will be first team, i just think some like Tony and Mark are a little better qualified this year.
We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. I just can't figure out where else to play!

I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out.
ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baller01 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:48 pm

sodadrinker wrote:
baller01 wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:

first page big guy

uve made a valid point but my opinion is my opinion and i will tell u that i would rather have anyone in the state guard me besides lorenz but this is just the way i feel.  most people think he should be first team all state and maybe he will but this is just the way i feel about it

Well I'm glad you see my point and I also see your point. You named 5 tremendous players there. All 6 that we talked about deserve 1st team all-state.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:49 pm

baller01 wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:
baller01 wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:

first page big guy

Well I'm glad you see my point and I also see your point. You named 5 tremendous players there. All 6 that we talked about deserve 1st team all-state.

ya and probably a couple more and i dont have a clue how the people can vote.  thats harder than voting for government officials in my book
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby Aaronih » Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:50 am

Honestly fellas, Who's hands do you want the ball on in crunch time by down by 1 w/2 mins left in the game out of the top 6 in the state who has stepped up come tourney time This year, not to be bias but TI's #'s are kobe's & nash in 1. hes had games of 29,25,32 so far not including the assist's, steals, rebs, dunno..just curious if any 1 of these guys hav close to #'s like that in tourney play yet?? i dunno just being curious..do u guys buy that..u think TI"S got a shot at MR.Basketball..
be a leader not a follower..
Aaronih
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndsbest44 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:52 am

Aaronih wrote:Honestly fellas, Who's hands do you want the ball on in crunch time by down by 1 w/2 mins left in the game out of the top 6 in the state who has stepped up come tourney time This year, not to be bias but TI's #'s are kobe's & nash in 1. hes had games of 29,25,32 so far not including the assist's, steals, rebs, dunno..just curious if any 1 of these guys hav close to #'s like that in tourney play yet?? i dunno just being curious..do u guys buy that..u think TI"S got a shot at MR.Basketball..

I think he's a great player, but i don't think he has a shot at Mr.basketball
ndsbest44
NDPreps Starter

Postby Aaronih » Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:56 am

Tell me whos better (RIGHT NOW) putting up number's like that when it counts and who is gonna win MR.Basketball

be a leader not a follower..
Aaronih
NDPreps Starter

Postby rumbles » Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:56 am

ndsbest44 wrote:
Aaronih wrote:Honestly fellas, Who's hands do you want the ball on in crunch time by down by 1 w/2 mins left in the game out of the top 6 in the state who has stepped up come tourney time This year, not to be bias but TI's #'s are kobe's & nash in 1. hes had games of 29,25,32 so far not including the assist's, steals, rebs, dunno..just curious if any 1 of these guys hav close to #'s like that in tourney play yet?? i dunno just being curious..do u guys buy that..u think TI"S got a shot at MR.Basketball..

I think he's a great player, but i don't think he has a shot at Mr.basketball
i think ironheart is the best player in class b basketball as for mr. basketball i think he should win it but there are several good class a players who might get as well.
Last edited by rumbles on Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
rumbles
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby The Schwab » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:08 pm

Aaronih wrote:Tell me whos better (RIGHT NOW) putting up number's like that when it counts and who is gonna win MR.Basketball

I would LOVE to see a class B guy get the award.....but it wont happen because of the bias in the media toward class A players........
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby ClassBballa » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:45 pm

The Schwab wrote:
Aaronih wrote:Tell me whos better (RIGHT NOW) putting up number's like that when it counts and who is gonna win MR.Basketball

I would LOVE to see a class B guy get the award.....but it wont happen because of the bias in the media toward class A players........

I totally agree with you. Class B players get looked over whether they deserve it or not. I think there are definately some B teams that could beat some A teams and B has just as good of players.
We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. I just can't figure out where else to play!

ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ClassBballa » Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:18 pm

SCC wrote:
The Schwab wrote:

I think the winner will come from Class A because they have a few players just above the top of Class B this year.  This is coming from a Class B fan.

who are some of your picks for Mr. Basketball?

ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby The Schwab » Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:29 pm

SCC wrote:
The Schwab wrote:

I think the winner will come from Class A because they have a few players just above the top of Class B this year.  This is coming from a Class B fan.
I dont know about that........If MPCG makes it to state......OR Four Winds makes it to state and the championship game (since they vote for Mr. Bball on the Saturday morning of the state b).....then I feel that Luke Lorenz and Tony Ironheart would have just as good of credentials as any class A player.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby sodadrinker » Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:58 pm

any class A teams 4 winds has played Tony IH has lit up in summer team camps but i have also heard the same thing about the Pack's from parshall.  i think a lot of B players could do well on the class A level.  the voters dont feel that way maybe and thats why the B guys dont get as many votes
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby baller01 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:32 pm

Bakkum would have SEVERAL 30+ point games if he was selfish and scored at the end of games. Bakkum usually scores a lot in the first half, gets his team a big lead, and then doesn't score the second half because he doesn't need to. For example, the last game of districts he was scoring at will. He had 21 points at half time and easily could have put up 40-50 points. Steele was up by about 30 or 40 points at halftime and Bakkum felt he didn't need to score the second half obviously so he didn't. He finished with 27 when, like I said, he easily could've had 40+. Looking at NDHSAA I see that Ironharts big games all come when they blow a team out.

39 in a 88-60 win over Carrington
31 in a 100-51 win over BCN
35 in a 106-51 win over Maddock

Ironhart has three 30 point games while his team wins by an average of 44 points.

My question to you is, why score when you don't need to?
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sodadrinker » Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:35 pm

baller01 wrote:

Bakkum would have SEVERAL 30+ point games if he was selfish and scored at the end of games. Bakkum usually scores a lot in the first half, gets his team a big lead, and then doesn't score the second half because he doesn't need to. For example, the last game of districts he was scoring at will. He had 21 points at half time and easily could have put up 40-50 points. Steele was up by about 30 or 40 points at halftime and Bakkum felt he didn't need to score the second half obviously so he didn't. He finished with 27 when, like I said, he easily could've had 40+. Looking at NDHSAA I see that Ironharts big games all come when they blow a team out.

39 in a 88-60 win over Carrington
31 in a 100-51 win over BCN
35 in a 106-51 win over Maddock

Ironhart has three 30 point games while his team wins by an average of 44 points.

My question to you is, why score when you don't need to?

except 32 points in the 2 point win over wells county in the district championship
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

PreviousNext

Return to Boys