All State

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby bballer2 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:20 pm

Aaronih wrote:When will we know when who makes all first & second team??

thursday on the news... friday in the paper...
bballer2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baller01 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:24 pm

bballer2 wrote:

Now that right there, that is being a great citizen...
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bballer2 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:27 pm

baller01 wrote:
bballer2 wrote:

Now that right there, that is being a great citizen...

i know... i just help out in the comunitee no matter what!!
bballer2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Aaronih » Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:06 pm

BBaller2 gets a raise.
be a leader not a follower..
Aaronih
NDPreps Starter

Postby bballer2 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:47 pm

Aaronih wrote:BBaller2 gets a raise.

its communitee service i dont expect anything back lol
bballer2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baller01 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:48 pm

bballer2 wrote:
Aaronih wrote:BBaller2 gets a raise.

its communitee service i dont expect anything back lol

And it's Mr. BBaller2 to you, haha.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball1981 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:22 pm

All State is tonight on tv news?
baseball1981

Postby baseball1981 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:31 pm

Last edited by baseball1981 on Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
baseball1981

Postby ClassBballa » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:35 pm

Last edited by ClassBballa on Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. I just can't figure out where else to play!

I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out.
ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ClassBballa » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:36 pm

TI first team baby!! Darling 2nd team. COngrats to both.
We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. I just can't figure out where else to play!

ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby carolina blue » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:37 pm

who made it?
What's Walmart, do they sell like wall stuff? - Paris Hilton
carolina blue
NDPreps Starter

Postby ClassBballa » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:39 pm

i was trying to listen as they called some names.....i beleive Lorenz was first team. moe, mauch, sizer all second team.

ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby philshometown » Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:26 am

DICKINSON (AP) - Nathaniel Packineau of Parshall and Luke Lorenz of Mayville-Portland-Clifford-Galesburg, named co-senior athletes of the year, headline the 2007 North Dakota Class B boys all-state basketball team.

Packineau led Parshall to its first state championship since 1975. Lorenz was a Mr. Basketball finalist. The senior athlete of the year honors were awarded by the state High School Activities Association.

The first team of Class B all-staters also includes Tony Ironheart of Four Winds and Mark Bakkum of Steele-Dawson, both Mr. Basketball finalists, and junior guard Austin Dufault of Killdeer.

The all-state team is chosen annually by members of the North Dakota Associated Press Sportscasters and Sportswriters Association.

Packineau is a first-time selection after averaging 20 points, nine rebounds and seven assists per game and earning most valuable player honors at the state tournament.

Parshall coach Ken Hall said an injury to Neil Packineau, Nathaniel's twin brother and a second-team all-state selection last season, allowed Nathaniel Packineau to step up as the Braves' leader.

"He really came into his own this year," Hall said. "He became the team leader. He became the floor general. He really stepped up his game, especially at the state tournament."

Lorenz was a first-team selection last season and averaged 18 points, nine rebounds, two steals and two assists per game this season.

The Patriots fell to Dickinson Trinity in the state championship game Lorenz's junior year.

"I think the biggest impact Luke has had on our program is that he is just an extremely hard worker," May-Port-CG coach Dave Nelson said. "He puts countless hours in on his own, developing his game. His work ethic on the floor is second to none."

Ironheart was a second-team pick last season and was the only returning starter for the Eagles, who returned to the state tournament and finished fifth.

The 5-foot-10 guard averaged 22.5 points, nine assists, five rebounds and three steals a game while shooting 52 percent from the field, 82 percent from the free-throw line and 45 percent from beyond the 3-point line.

"He was our coach on the floor for our kids the last couple of years," Four Winds coach Rick Smith said.

"Not our fastest kid, Not our best leaper. But, the basketball mind that he has just makes him such a great ball player."

Bakkum was Region 3's senior athlete of the year after pouring in 24 points per game and 68 3-pointers while averaging nine rebounds and eight assists.

The 6-2 forward also set school records with 1,687 career points and made nine 3-pointers in a game against Napoleon.

"You're going to have your guys who can score points. But to be as balanced as he was - he's the only player I've ever had with those types of skills," Steele-Dawson coach Paul Olson said. "He's one of those where you wish he would never graduate."

Dufault, the only junior on the first team, averaged 21 points, eight rebounds, five assists, three steals and two blocks per game for Killdeer, which was ranked near the top of the Class B poll most of the season.

The 6-7 guard had 14 double-doubles and one triple double this season.

"I think he surprised even himself and a lot of people with how much he did improve," said Rich Dufault, Killdeer's coach and Austin's father.

"He kind of grew into his size and was able to handle his growth and make a positive out of it."

Members of the second team are:

Hankinson junior Jamie Mauch, a 6-4 guard, who averaged 16.7 points, 11 rebounds, four steals and three blocks per game while leading the Pirates to a sixth-place finish in the state tournament.

Barnes County North senior Beau Sizer was a huge presence for the Bison, who finished eighth at the state tournament. The 6-4 forward averaged 26 points and 13 rebounds per game this season.

Killdeer senior Jacob Wheeling averaged 22 points and five assists per game. The 6-3 guard finished his career as the Cowboys' career scoring leader with 1,686 points. He was also the Region 7 senior athlete of the year. Killdeer was the only team with more than one all-state selection.

Shiloh Christian senior Tanner Friesen helped the Skyhawks to a seventh-place finish at the state tournament. The 6-2 forward averaged 20 points, 10 rebounds and three steals per game and hit 62 3-pointers.

Watford City junior forward Justin Shipman injured his knee last season but returned to average 21 points, nine rebounds and two blocks per game for the Wolves, who lost to eventual state champion Parshall in the Region 8 title game.

Hazen sophomore Chad Marshall averaged 19.7 points and eight rebounds per game. The 6-2 forward helped guide a deep Bison team to a runner-up finish in Region 7.

Park River senior Justin Moe played through ankle injuries and averaged 19 points, 10 rebounds and three assists per game.

Trenton senior Lucas Cayko averaged 22.6 points, nine rebounds, five assists and four steals per game for the Tigers.

Kenmare senior Shane Heidel averaged 17.5 points, eight rebounds and three steals per game.

R.J. Darling was named co-District 8 senior athlete of the year after he averaged 18 points, five rebounds, four assists and three steals per game for Minnewaukan-Leeds.
Last edited by philshometown on Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
In basketball -- as in life -- true joy comes from being fully present in each and every moment, not just when things are going your way.

PHIL JACKSON, Sacred Hoops
philshometown
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndsbest44 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:38 am

So was anyone snubbed?
ndsbest44
NDPreps Starter

Postby nativegolfer » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:42 am

ndsbest44 wrote:So was anyone snubbed?

Thought Adam Kuntz and Rudy YB were shoe ins and Adam Hunt had a chance.  Don't understand how a team that got beat in the first round of regionals can have 2 players(Killdeer) and your state champ has only one. 
Last edited by nativegolfer on Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby gmac90 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:44 am

I would have liked to seen Wheeling on the first team, I just think he was a tremendous player and athlete for that matter.

No disrespect to the players on the first team, they're all very deserving no doubt. There was just a lot of quality players in Class B this year.
Go Big or Go Home
gmac90
NDPreps Starter

Postby ND_Fan » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:12 am

I disagree. Wheeling was a tremendous player but he was not very athletic. Also I believe the other first team all-state selections were much more deserving than wheeling.
ND_Fan

Postby BB11 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:31 am

[user=227]nativegolfer[/user] wrote:

Thought Adam Kuntz and Rudy YB were shoe ins and Adam Hunt had a chance.  Don't understand how a team that got beat in the first round of regionals can have 2 players(Killdeer) and your state champ has only one. 

I would agree that Adam Kuntz deserved it, as did Adam Hunt from Dunseith, and Michael Cooper from Westhope-Newburg - but you can only have so many - and I don't necessarily disagree with any of the choices.
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby cardinal10 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:12 am

BB11 wrote:[user=227]nativegolfer[/user] wrote:

Thought Adam Kuntz and Rudy YB were shoe ins and Adam Hunt had a chance.� Don't understand how a team that got beat in the first round of regionals can have 2 players(Killdeer) and your state champ has only one.�

I would agree that Adam Kuntz deserved it, as did Adam Hunt from Dunseith, and Michael Cooper from Westhope-Newburg - but you can only have so many - and I don't necessarily disagree with any of the choices.

I thought Yound Bird would be a great pick, especially playing in the State Tourney the past 2 years.  Only room for so many though.  Thought I heard something about Adam Kuntz not quite finishing the season.
cardinal10
NDPreps Starter

Postby baller01 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:36 am

nativegolfer wrote:

Cause that is all they had was 2 players... Nathanial had Neil and Young Bird to help him out. If Young Bird played for Killdeer, I'd probably say Killdeer is in the same spot as Parshall.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:24 am

wasnt there close to 10 more players on 2nd team last year??? just seems like the list is short this year
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:34 am

SCC wrote:
baseball wrote:wasnt there close to 10 more players on 2nd team last year??? just seems like the list is short this year

There were 13 players on second team last year

still five more this year. but id rather see a short list then a long list i guess
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:00 am

SCC wrote:
baseball wrote:
SCC wrote:
baseball wrote:wasnt there close to 10 more players on 2nd team last year??? just seems like the list is short this year

There were 13 players on second team last year

still five more this year. but id rather see a short list then a long list i guess

There are 10 players on this year's second team.  There were three more last year due to ties.

my mistake. in the paper there was a lil article about Moe and Darling and said "also making the 2nd team" and thats the list i looked out. my mistake
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baller01 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:51 am

Question for everyone... How does Ross Aman get senior athlete of the year over Friesen but Friesen makes all-state?
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:06 pm

baller01 wrote:Question for everyone... How does Ross Aman get senior athlete of the year over Friesen but Friesen makes all-state?

coaches and media
baseball
NDPreps Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Boys