All State

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby straightballer » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:48 am

Who will be on the all state teams

straightballer

Postby Flyer » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:54 am

That I feel is still up in the air depending on how teams do the rest of the year: Some of the players that stick out are: Ironheart--FW, Lorenz--MPCG,--Wheeling--Killdeer, Moe--Park River, Nathaniel Packineau--Parshall, Shipman--Watford City, Bakkum--SD...Just to name a few..
Flyer

Postby BB11 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:55 am

Luke Lorenz

Both Packineau's

Tony Ironheart

Bakkum

Beau Sizer

Justin Shipman

Michael Cooper

To name a few - many considerations I have missed I know.
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:56 am

Flyer wrote:That I feel is still up in the air depending on how teams do the rest of the year: Some of the players that stick out are: Ironheart--FW, Lorenz--MPCG,--Wheeling--Killdeer, Moe--Park River, Nathaniel Packineau--Parshall, Shipman--Watford City, Bakkum--SD...Just to name a few..

Moe?? i dont know if hes that much of a stand out and i honestly dont think lorenz will be on the first team again this year
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby Ben23 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:57 am

from region 1 Logan Carlblom from Lisbon and Jamie Mauch from Hankinson could possibly make the all-state team.
Ben23
NDPreps Starter

Postby SJ_Woodchuck » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:00 am

BB11 wrote:Luke Lorenz

Both Packineau's

Tony Ironheart

Bakkum

Beau Sizer

Justin Shipman

Michael Cooper

To name a few - many considerations I have missed I know.

Gotta put Adam Hunt from Dunsieth he got a acholorship from Kansas and Minnesota, I think hes going to Minnesota
Last edited by SJ_Woodchuck on Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
SJ_Woodchuck
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ClassBballa » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:10 am

sodadrinker wrote:
Flyer wrote:That I feel is still up in the air depending on how teams do the rest of the year: Some of the players that stick out are: Ironheart--FW, Lorenz--MPCG,--Wheeling--Killdeer, Moe--Park River, Nathaniel Packineau--Parshall, Shipman--Watford City, Bakkum--SD...Just to name a few..

Moe?? i dont know if hes that much of a stand out and i honestly dont think lorenz will be on the first team again this year

my guess is that lorenz will make all state but partially becuase he did last year. DOn't get me wrong he is a really good player but he isn't the dominant take over the game player like some of the others that will be first team all state like Tony and Mark. I think their are others who definately deserve it over him. Defense is a big part of the game but not all of the game.
We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. I just can't figure out where else to play!

I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out.
ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cubsfan » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:30 am

ClassBballa wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:

my guess is that lorenz will make all state but partially becuase he did last year. DOn't get me wrong he is a really good player but he isn't the dominant take over the game player like some of the others that will be first team all state like Tony and Mark. I think their are others who definately deserve it over him. Defense is a big part of the game but not all of the game.

How can you honestly say that.  How does he not take over every game he plays in?  He is averaging around 20 and 10 rebounds per game.  And that isn't even saying that he takes out the other teams best player each and every game.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby The Schwab » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:44 am

they say that because they dont understand how you win basketball games.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

The Schwab wrote:they say that because they dont understand how you win basketball games.

im pretty sure i understand how to win basketball games but last year he had one of the top teams in the state.  he is one of the top 10 players in the state and i think he will get on the all state second team but i dont think he will make 1st team this year.  thats all im saying.  if he doesnt get on the second team i would be amazed but i think there are 5 other players that can be put above him
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby The Schwab » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

who and why?
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:54 am

i think tony ironheart, mark bakkum, jacob wheeling, justin shipman, and nathaniel packineau will be on the 1st team.  theyre all on teams that have done very well this year and they are big time players.  i think lorenz is a good player but i just feel these 5 are alittle above him this year.  however if mpcg makes state and does well it will be becuz of lorenz and that will change my mind
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:59 am

and this is just my opinion.  its not like i would completely disagree if he got on the 1st team but i just feel that these guys have done alot this year
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby The Schwab » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:06 pm

sodadrinker wrote:i think tony ironheart, mark bakkum, jacob wheeling, justin shipman, and nathaniel packineau will be on the 1st team.  theyre all on teams that have done very well this year and they are big time players.  i think lorenz is a good player but i just feel these 5 are alittle above him this year.  however if mpcg makes state and does well it will be becuz of lorenz and that will change my mind
I would say that tony ironheart and packineau are the only ones who should be on the first team ahead of lorenz this year
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndsbest44 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:43 pm

I'll just throw some names out there without regards to first or second team, Bakkum, Ironheart, Lorenz, Wheeling, Nathaniel Packineau, Sizer, Mauch, Carlblom, Shipman, Neil Packineau is deserving but his lack of games may hurt him
Last edited by ndsbest44 on Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ndsbest44
NDPreps Starter

Postby cubsfan » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:49 pm

First team

Mark Bakkum, Tony Ironheart, Nathaniel Packineau, Luke Lorenz, Jacob Wheeling

Second Team

Jamie Mauch, Adam Kuntz, Beau Sizer, Logan Carlbloom, Austin Default, Justin Shimpman
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby AandBfan » Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:08 pm

cubsfan wrote:First team

Second Team

Jamie Mauch, Adam Kuntz, Beau Sizer, Logan Carlbloom, Austin Default, Justin Shimpman

I agree with all of those, also room for four more on second team maybe thats where you could throw in a Moe or Cooper but i think all listed above are solid selections
AandBfan

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:20 pm

That Cooper kid from Westhope, Darling from Leeds/Mwkn, and Bylin from Adams/Edmore are all deserving, too
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ben23 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:55 pm

AandBfan wrote:

Second Team

I agree with all of those, also room for four more on second team maybe thats where you could throw in a Moe or Cooper but i think all listed above are solid selections

What about Neil Packineau being on second team he is putting up good numbers
Ben23
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ben23 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:55 pm

AandBfan wrote:

Second Team

What about Neil Packineau being on second team he is putting up good numbers
Ben23
NDPreps Starter

Postby ClassBballa » Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:59 pm

cubsfan wrote:
ClassBballa wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:

How can you honestly say that.  How does he not take over every game he plays in?  He is averaging around 20 and 10 rebounds per game.  And that isn't even saying that he takes out the other teams best player each and every game.

i think he is averageing less than 20 a game and most of those 20 are quiet (not saying there is anything wrong with that), but he doesn't really take complete control of the game like some do. I just saw Tony stepup and score 32, 9 or 10 free throws in the 4th quarter. Lorenz is a great player and a great defender but he isn't the natural scorer like the others. They have the advantage when it comes to making all state, especially if their teams make it to state and his doesn't.
We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. I just can't figure out where else to play!

I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out.
ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby The Schwab » Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:49 pm

ClassBballa wrote:
cubsfan wrote:
ClassBballa wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:

i think he is averageing less than 20 a game and most of those 20 are quiet (not saying there is anything wrong with that), but he doesn't really take complete control of the game like some do. I just saw Tony stepup and score 32, 9 or 10 free throws in the 4th quarter. Lorenz is a great player and a great defender but he isn't the natural scorer like the others. They have the advantage when it comes to making all state, especially if their teams make it to state and his doesn't.

why, just wondering...i'm not arguing with you saying that Tony shouldnt be first team all state....because he should......Lorenz is the best defensive player in the state....he has led his team well so far this year......I believe that he deserves to make the First Team all state squad...without a question.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Jwall512 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:03 pm

What about Adam Kuntz that kid is amazing
Stupid is as Stupid does

-Forrest Gump
Jwall512
NDPreps Starter

Postby The Schwab » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:04 pm

i agree about Adam Kuntz....he is amazing....i watched him play earlier this year.....plus his team is good....they are the only team so far to beat Four Winds.....Adam is an amazing ball player....one of the best passer's i've ever seen.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby baller01 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:18 pm

Just throwing this out there for all you people that say Lorenz shouldn't be 1st team all-stater. Well, Lorenz was the only junior last year that made first team all-state. Out of the 18 total players that were named all-state, 3 were juniors including Lorenz. The others were Ironhart and Ne. Packineau. So you guys are telling me that Lorenz goes from being the top junior according to the all-state rankings, to not even being in the top 5? C'mon now.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Next

Return to Boys