Region 5 Tournament

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby twinsfan34 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:19 am

FIRST ROUND PAIRINGS - Games played at Bismarck Civic Center main arena on Monday, March 5th

Game 1: D9 #2 Shiloh Christian vs. D10 #3 Sheridan County - 3:00 PM

Game 2: D10 #1 Turtle Lake-Mercer vs. D9 #4 Standing Rock - 20 minutes following Game 1

Game 3: D9 #1 Dakota Oyate vs. D10 #4 Garrison - 20 minutes following Game 2

Game 4: D10 #2 Wilton vs. D9 #3 Center-Stanton - 20 minutes following Game 3
Last edited by twinsfan34 on Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
twinsfan34

Postby Big Ticket » Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:40 pm

This should be an exciting tournament. All these teams have pretty much beat each other. There are no favorites, anything could happen.
Big Ticket
NDPreps Starter

Postby NBE2007 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:31 pm

Who is expected to come out of this Region? I know that Center-Stanton received votes in state but they are the #3 seed from their disitrict and I see #4 Standing Rock who was the only team to beat FW this year so far
NBE2007

Postby Big Ticket » Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:55 pm

Center who was the 1 seed coming into districts lost to Dakota Oyate in the semi's. Standing rock who was the 2 seed lost to shiloh in the semi's. Dakota Oyate beat shiloh in the championship. Center and Standing rock were expected to be in the championship but i think they both played bad and lost. I think that the winner of Turtle Lake and Standing rock will be the favorite to go to state, they match up first round. At the beginning of the year these two teams were suppose to meat up in the regional championship but who knows what will happen. Shiloh can also make a run at it to.
Big Ticket
NDPreps Starter

Postby baller01 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:58 pm

Big Ticket wrote:Center who was the 1 seed coming into districts lost to Dakota Oyate in the semi's. Standing rock who was the 2 seed lost to shiloh in the semi's. Dakota Oyate beat shiloh in the championship. Center and Standing rock were expected to be in the championship but i think they both played bad and lost. I think that the winner of Turtle Lake and Standing rock will be the favorite to go to state, they match up first round. At the beginning of the year these two teams were suppose to meat up in the regional championship but who knows what will happen. Shiloh can also make a run at it to.

My prediction is TLM. I have a feeling Malzer lights it up come tournament time.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NDdominator » Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:33 am

Either Shiloh Christian or Standing Rock Friesen or Kuntz will put their respective teams on their back and take them to state but I feel any team that comes out of this region is going to be playing in the early games does anyone know who they play the 1st round of state
NDdominator

Postby cubsfan » Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:11 am

NDdominator wrote:Either Shiloh Christian or Standing Rock Friesen or Kuntz will put their respective teams on their back and take them to state but I feel any team that comes out of this region is going to be playing in the early games does anyone know who they play the 1st round of state

This region will play the winner of region 2.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby BB11 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:34 am

I am very impressed with Coach Michael Sorlie and his Dakota Oyate team. They won the district when they weren't supposed to - and they are my sleeper pick to come out of that region.
I know it's far-fetched - but who thought they would have won the district title?
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby porter_55 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:08 pm

BB11 wrote:I am very impressed with Coach Michael Sorlie and his Dakota Oyate team. They won the district when they weren't supposed to - and they are my sleeper pick to come out of that region.
I know it's far-fetched - but who thought they would have won the district title?

i agree, they are on a roll going into regionals, and there is no better time to get hot.
porter_55

Postby smooth » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:27 am

District 9 has a good chance of a first round sweep.

Standing Rock vs. Turtle Lake should be a great one.  Are these games on the radio?
smooth
NDPreps Reserve

Postby twinsfan34 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:33 am

I know these are posted elsewhere in this forum, but here are the scores from the first round:

Shiloh 57 - Sheridan County 40

Standing Rock 77 - Turtle Lake/Mercer 73

Dakota Oyate 74 - Garrison 56

Center/Stanton 53 - Wilton 50

(It is worth noting that it was a District 9 sweep in the first round.)

Semifinal pairings for tonight at the Civic Center:

Shiloh vs. Standing Rock 6:00 PM

Dakota Oyate vs. Center/Stanton 20 minutes following
Last edited by twinsfan34 on Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
twinsfan34

Postby twinsfan34 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:40 am

Semifinal game scores:

Shiloh 73 - Standing Rock 53

Center/Stanton 75 - Dakota Oyate 50

Championship Night on Thursday:

Third Place: Standing Rock vs. Dakota Oyate  6:00 PM

Championship: Shiloh vs. Center-Stanton  20 minutes following

Thursday's games will be played at the McDowell Activity Center at the University of Mary.
twinsfan34

Return to Boys