Region 8

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Who Wins Region 8

Poll runs till Fri May 20, 2044 1:34 pm

Divide County
14%
Trinity Christian
5%
Trenton
3%
Ray
5%
Stanley
6%
New Town
3%
Parshall
28%
Watford City
37%

Total votes : 65

Postby sportsperson » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:31 pm

sodadrinker wrote:
sportsperson wrote:I don't think either of them should get it. I'm sure one of them will but in my opinion Lucas Cayko is the best player in region 8.

im gonna go out on a limb and say that only u and lucas cayko's mother would agree with that.  he is very good and would maybe get it in some other regions but it will be one of the pack's or both if its possible

I'm gonna go out on a limb too and guess that you've never seen Cayko play more than once if at all.  You must not have to have just made such an ignorant statement. It's either that or you just don't know basketball very well. The Packineau's are very deserving of senior athlete of the year but Cayko is still a better ball player and a much classier guy.
sportsperson
NDPreps Starter

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:36 pm

if class had anything to do with winning any award in north dakota chad glasser wouldnt have got anything
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby ClassBballa » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:37 pm

sportsperson wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:
sportsperson wrote:I don't think either of them should get it. I'm sure one of them will but in my opinion Lucas Cayko is the best player in region 8.

im gonna go out on a limb and say that only u and lucas cayko's mother would agree with that.  he is very good and would maybe get it in some other regions but it will be one of the pack's or both if its possible

I'm gonna go out on a limb too and guess that you've never seen Cayko play more than once if at all.  You must not have to have just made such an ignorant statement. It's either that or you just don't know basketball very well. The Packineau's are very deserving of senior athlete of the year but Cayko is still a better ball player and a much classier guy.

class? i guess i really don't know but i don't really think Cayko is better than either Pack
We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. I just can't figure out where else to play!

I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out.
ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby blaze88 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:38 pm

sportsperson wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:

first off he is not a better ball player than either of them and what do u mean by classier player what have u personally ever seen neil or nathaniel do to an opposing team that is dirty or mean or unclassy, i hope that u dont mean neil chewing out nathaniel or vice versa because what does that have to do with class. they are two of the hardest working and classiest kids i have had the priveledge to play with or watch play.
blaze88

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:41 pm

blaze88 wrote:
sportsperson wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:

first off he is not a better ball player than either of them and what do u mean by classier player what have u personally ever seen neil or nathaniel do to an opposing team that is dirty or mean or unclassy, i hope that u dont mean neil chewing out nathaniel or vice versa because what does that have to do with class. they are two of the hardest working and classiest kids i have had the priveledge to play with or watch play.

well that looks like its coming from someone who has seen some region 8 action over the years so that cant be ignorant
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby sportsperson » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:45 pm

That's just it, you guys don't know.  Sodadrinker and ClassbBall, you've never seen him play.  Everyone just talks about people they've probably never seen play and just agree with the people who everyone else says is good and look at their stats. I threw in the class thing too because I figured it should count for something. Even if it doesn't, I still think Cayko should get some recognition.
Last edited by sportsperson on Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sportsperson
NDPreps Starter

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:47 pm

sportsperson wrote:That's just it, you guys don't know.  You've never seen him play.  Everyone just talks about people they've probably never seen play and just agree with the people who everyone else says is good and look at their stats. I threw in the class thing too because I figured it should count for something. Even if it doesn't, I still think Cayko should get some recognition.

doesnt cayko have better stats than both of them??

sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby sportsperson » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:50 pm

sodadrinker wrote:[user=1174]sportsperson[/user] wrote:
That's just it, you guys don't know.  You've never seen him play.  Everyone just talks about people they've probably never seen play and just agree with the people who everyone else says is good and look at their stats. I threw in the class thing too because I figured it should count for something. Even if it doesn't, I still think Cayko should get some recognition.

doesnt cayko have better stats than both of them?

That post had nothing to do with Cayko's stats.  I was trying to make a point about people talking about players they know nothing about.
sportsperson
NDPreps Starter

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:52 pm

sportsperson wrote:
That's just it, you guys don't know.  You've never seen him play.  Everyone just talks about people they've probably never seen play and just agree with the people who everyone else says is good and look at their stats. I threw in the class thing too because I figured it should count for something. Even if it doesn't, I still think Cayko should get some recognition.

That post had nothing to do with Cayko's stats.  I was trying to make a point about people talking about players they know nothing about.

well u said that i just go by what other people say and go by stats didnt u
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby sportsperson » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:59 pm

sodadrinker wrote:
sportsperson wrote:

well u said that i just go by what other people say and go by stats didnt u

It was a generalization about almost the entire webiste, but yeah I think you're one of those people. Not necessarily stats but the fact that you've never seen Cayko play yet you somehow know that " only me and lucas cayko's mother" would agree that he is better than the Packineaus.
sportsperson
NDPreps Starter

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:01 pm

ok that was alittle ignorant and i apologize but i still dont think anyone will agree with u on that.  if i was going by stats tho i would obviously think cayko was the better player
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby sportsperson » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:06 pm

Even if everyone on this site had seen Lucas Cayko play I doubt anyone would agree with me because hardly anyone on here knows what makes a basketball player great. And I know that's true because Cayko is easily one of the top 10 players in class B right now and tonight is the first time I've heard his name mentioned on this site at all. 
Last edited by sportsperson on Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sportsperson
NDPreps Starter

Postby ClassBballa » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:08 pm

you have to think tho if either pack didn't have the other or youngbird they would take more shots and then get more points and have better stats but they dont need to right now. I can't say for sure who the better player is, but i'm putting my vote on one of the Packs.
We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. I just can't figure out where else to play!

ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:08 pm

alot of people on here knows what makes a good player in state.  if thats not an ignorant statement then i dont know what is
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby sportsperson » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:10 pm

That's just my way of saying I disagree with a lot of opinions on this site.
sportsperson
NDPreps Starter

Postby ClassBballa » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:11 pm

sportsperson wrote:That's just my way of saying I disagree with a lot of opinions on this site.

thats why they are called OPINIONS
Last edited by ClassBballa on Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby AAfootballfan » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:14 pm

How good is Trenton this year can they play with Parshall??
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sportsperson » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:15 pm

ClassBballa wrote:you have to think tho if either pack didn't have the other or youngbird they would take more shots and then get more points and have better stats but they dont need to right now. I can't say for sure who the better player is, but i'm putting my vote on one of the Packs.

Think about this though, if Parshall had say only one Packineau and no Rudy then who would team's focus their entire gameplan around? That one Packineau. Exactly what teams have done to Lucas Cayko for the past three years. The Packineau's probably get just as many points now, if not more, as they would have if they were on a team with nobody (like Cayko) because teams can't focus solely on them. They have to account for Rudy and both Packineaus.

And then think if Trenton had Cayko twins and someone like a Rudy Young Bird. I know they'd be better than Parshall, that's for sure. Cayko does as much as he can with the very little he's given for help.
Last edited by sportsperson on Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sportsperson
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsperson » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:19 pm

AAfootballfan wrote:How good is Trenton this year can they play with Parshall??

Probably not.  Cayko's good but he's kind of alone out there.
sportsperson
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsperson » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:21 pm

ClassBballa wrote:
sportsperson wrote:That's just my way of saying I disagree with a lot of opinions on this site.

What's your point? I thought you could AGREE and DISAGREE with opinions. Kinda what they're there for.
sportsperson
NDPreps Starter

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:22 pm

sportsperson wrote:

well after the game, u tell me which pack guards him and which one he guards and which one has a better game cuz no matter how bad caykos team is people can always play some help defense
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby ClassBballa » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:23 pm

sportsperson wrote:
ClassBballa wrote:you have to think tho if either pack didn't have the other or youngbird they would take more shots and then get more points and have better stats but they dont need to right now. I can't say for sure who the better player is, but i'm putting my vote on one of the Packs.

Think about this though, if Parshall had say only one Packineau and no Rudy then who would team's focus their entire gameplan around? That one Packineau. Exactly what teams have done to Lucas Cayko for the past three years. The Packineau's probably get just as many points now, if not more, as they would have if they were on a team with nobody (like Cayko) because teams can't focus solely on them. They have to account for Rudy and both Packineaus.

And then think if Trenton had Cayko twins and someone like a Rudy Young Bird. I know they'd be better than Parshall, that's for sure. Cayko does as much as he can with the very little he's given for help.

I'm not so sure they get more points now then if they didn't have the others. Yes, they would get pressured more, but both of them can handle the ball and create their own shots. They would take the ball more themselves, shoot more, and score more. They would take it upon themsleves how you say cayko does himself.

ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ClassBballa » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:25 pm

sportsperson wrote:
ClassBballa wrote:

What's your point? I thought you could AGREE and DISAGREE with opinions. Kinda what they're there for.

I'm not sure how you are reading what i said but that is what it means.

ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sportsperson » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:25 pm

sodadrinker wrote:
sportsperson wrote:

well after the game, u tell me which pack guards him and which one he guards and which one has a better game cuz no matter how bad caykos team is people can always play some help defense

What are you trying to say? That Parshall is going to be able to help out on Cayko all night because they can leave everyone else open and focus solely on shutting him down? Are you arguing my side of the argument?
sportsperson
NDPreps Starter

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:28 pm

sportsperson wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:
sportsperson wrote:

What are you trying to say? That Parshall is going to be able to help out on Cayko all night because they can leave everyone else open and focus solely on shutting him down? Are you arguing my side of the argument?
no, no im sayin that both cayko will get extra attention but so will both packs and he should be able to have a better game than them regardless of the help cuz its a big game and if he is better he will step up and play a better game
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

PreviousNext

Return to Boys