Region 8

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Who Wins Region 8

Poll runs till Fri May 20, 2044 1:34 pm

Divide County
14%
Trinity Christian
5%
Trenton
3%
Ray
5%
Stanley
6%
New Town
3%
Parshall
28%
Watford City
37%

Total votes : 65

Postby sportsperson » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:29 pm

ClassBballa wrote:
sportsperson wrote:
ClassBballa wrote:
sportsperson wrote:That's just my way of saying I disagree with a lot of opinions on this site.

thats why they are called OPINIONS

What's your point? I thought you could AGREE and DISAGREE with opinions. Kinda what they're there for.

I'm not sure how you are reading what i said but that is what it means.

Good. Just wanted to clear that up. I guess I just didn't know that what I said called for a clarification of the word OPINIONS.
sportsperson
NDPreps Starter

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:31 pm

and im not even sayin that if cayko doesnt have better numbers in the game than both the packs that hes not better but people at the game will beable to judge on who is the best player
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby sportsperson » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:32 pm

sodadrinker wrote:
sportsperson wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:
sportsperson wrote:
AAfootballfan wrote:How good is Trenton this year can they play with Parshall??

Probably not.  Cayko's good but he's kind of alone out there.

well after the game, u tell me which pack guards him and which one he guards and which one has a better game cuz no matter how bad caykos team is people can always play some help defense

What are you trying to say? That Parshall is going to be able to help out on Cayko all night because they can leave everyone else open and focus solely on shutting him down? Are you arguing my side of the argument?
no, no im sayin that both cayko will get extra attention but so will both packs and he should be able to have a better game than them regardless of the help cuz its a big game and if he is better he will step up and play a better game

You're still kind of arguing my side of it. Like I said with Cayko, he is the only player Parshall needs to worry about. But Trenton on other hand has to worry about two Packineaus and a Young Bird, so if they help out on one that more than likely leaves another one open. And besides, I'd be amazed if Trenton even played a man to man against Parshall. There is no way they could match up to them.
sportsperson
NDPreps Starter

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:35 pm

i am not arguing your side cuz i still think the packs r the best in the region
Last edited by sodadrinker on Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby sportman11 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:17 am

Lucas Cayko is an excelent player. id have to agree with sportsperson that he is the best in the region. he's been carrying his team on his back for the past 4 years, he has the nicest shot  i've seen in a long time, and he's still putting up awesome numbers even though he's getting double and triple teamed all the time.
sportman11

Postby J-Rod34 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:54 am

It is tough to compare without stats, but in my opinion Nathaniel Packineau along with his brother Neil are the best two players in the Region and one of them will win player of the yera because Parshall should advance farther than Trenton in the tournament. I also look for Randy Cranston to win the Coach of the Year award as he deserves it.
J-Rod34

Postby sportsperson » Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:07 pm

I think Randy Cranston deserves some serious consideration for state coach of the year as well.
sportsperson
NDPreps Starter

Postby first.round.chokes » Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:03 pm

just throwing this out there, but the sr. athlete of the year is between District 15's sr. athlete and District 16's sr. athlete, and since nathaniel and cayko won, its between those two, not neil.
first.round.chokes
NDPreps Reserve

Postby AAfootballfan » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:21 pm

sportsperson wrote:I think Randy Cranston deserves some serious consideration for state coach of the year as well.

Totally agree...who besides people in Region 8 thought the Wolves would be where they are right now, I knew they had the talent but I think a big part of their success has been Cranston's coaching, he is a very good young coach.
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby AAfootballfan » Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:49 am

blaze88 wrote:
westpower wrote:
J-Rod34 wrote:
Kansasfan wrote:If the packineau twins get hott then i think parshall all the way.  And if young brid and smith do some scoring.

I dont think they need to get hot, just average but young bird and smith do need to score.

But they wont score. The wolves' defense to tenacios and they wont be  a factor. James, Shipman on the Twins and R. Thompson on Rudy. The problem is then taken care of. Smith I just wont say anything he is not that impressive.

good one westpower, just like last game when they almost won playing 2 on 5 yeah nathaniel was double and sometimes triple teamed and he still scored.

I agree with Westpower..Parshall fans stop talking about Weston Smith, he is just horrible.  The only thing he does is clean up garbage two-footers when rudy or the twins are getting double teamed.. I'd like to see him jump like an inch off the ground one time when he shoots, he prob can't get up that high though. 
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby FavreFan4 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:17 am

I think everyone needs to get off of Westons Case. Parshall only has 60 kids in the whole high school,not 200 like Watford City.
FavreFan4
NDPreps Rookie

Postby FavreFan4 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:18 am

I think everyone needs to get off of Westons Case. Parshall only has 60 kids in the whole high school,not 200 like Watford City.
FavreFan4
NDPreps Rookie

Postby AAfootballfan » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:44 am

FavreFan4 wrote:I think everyone needs to get off of Westons Case. Parshall only has 60 kids in the whole high school,not 200 like Watford City.

They have way more than 60 9 thorugh 12 I guarantee you that!! And what does that have anything to do with what we are talking about!
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby J-Rod34 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:40 am

AAfootballfan wrote:
blaze88 wrote:
westpower wrote:
J-Rod34 wrote:
Kansasfan wrote:If the packineau twins get hott then i think parshall all the way.  And if young brid and smith do some scoring.

I dont think they need to get hot, just average but young bird and smith do need to score.

But they wont score. The wolves' defense to tenacios and they wont be  a factor. James, Shipman on the Twins and R. Thompson on Rudy. The problem is then taken care of. Smith I just wont say anything he is not that impressive.

good one westpower, just like last game when they almost won playing 2 on 5 yeah nathaniel was double and sometimes triple teamed and he still scored.

I agree with Westpower..Parshall fans stop talking about Weston Smith, he is just horrible.  The only thing he does is clean up garbage two-footers when rudy or the twins are getting double teamed.. I'd like to see him jump like an inch off the ground one time when he shoots, he prob can't get up that high though. 

AAFootballfan I have personally watched Watford and in a lot of those games I have seen players get a lot of their points by clean-up garbage two-footers in the paint off of rebounds, the same that Weston does. That is part of the game and there is nothing wrong with that, I am not saying that a player that does that is less of a player becasue they score points that way. To use that as an argument you are obviously running low on escuses. James cannot play with the other Packineau that Shipman is not on. If Young Bird shows up to play and doesn't foul out he will be all that Thompson can handle quite possibly more.

This game is a week away and to get there both teams have to win two other games before they get there. Sounds like an easy task but in Regionals only one bad Qtr. and your team can be at home while another team is down in Bismarck. Yes that can happen to both Parshall and Watford. Don't count your chickens before the eggs hatch becuse you could end up a few short.
J-Rod34

Postby FavreFan4 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:41 am

It has to be what we are talking about if you are always running Weston into the ground. Parshall has around 65 kids so that is all they have to pick from. Watford has to be over 200 in grades 9-12. What I am saying is - that is all we have to choose from.
FavreFan4
NDPreps Rookie

Postby commonman » Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:47 am

FavreFan4 wrote:It has to be what we are talking about if you are always running Weston into the ground. Parshall has around 65 kids so that is all they have to pick from. Watford has to be over 200 in grades 9-12. What I am saying is - that is all we have to choose from.

HAHAHA you fooled me- Maybe you should do some recruiting then
commonman

Postby Region 8 Fan » Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:44 pm

commonman wrote:
FavreFan4 wrote:It has to be what we are talking about if you are always running Weston into the ground. Parshall has around 65 kids so that is all they have to pick from. Watford has to be over 200 in grades 9-12. What I am saying is - that is all we have to choose from.

Hey Commonman don't give them any idea's. That janitor there Supt./AD hired at semester break didn't work out. With Mandaree out of the tournament He could hire another janitor, or hire someone to mow the grass, or someone to get the mail! Come Monday they could have 2 or 3 new players on that team! HaHaHa!
Region 8 Fan

Postby westpower » Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:47 pm

That is not watfords problem sounds like yours so quit complaining or do something about it!

westpower
NDPreps Starter

Postby commonman » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:18 am

Region 8 Fan wrote:
commonman wrote:

Hey Commonman don't give them any idea's. That janitor there Supt./AD hired at semester break didn't work out. With Mandaree out of the tournament He could hire another janitor, or hire someone to mow the grass, or someone to get the mail! Come Monday they could have 2 or 3 new players on that team! HaHaHa!

Region 8 Fan- it is getting to be that time of year where hiring a person to mow the grass could come in handy, you might be on to something there and gave him an idea if he reads this. He should have called the Bottineau guys after that mess up there I am sure he could have hired a principal for the system instead of hiring a new janitor.
commonman

Postby J-Rod34 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:02 am

Todays games at the WEL in Williston:

Parshall vs. Trenton- 3:00
Divide County vs. Stanley- 20 min following Parshall vs. Trenton
Watford City vs. Ray- 20 min following Divide County vs. Stanley
Trinity Christian vs. New Town- 20 min following Watford City vs. Ray

All of these games will be available to listen to at:
www.network1sports.com- Click on Listen Live and find the game.
www.nccray.net- Clisk on the Listen to Local Games link.
J-Rod34

Postby The Ambassador » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:45 am

sportsperson wrote:I don't think either of them should get it. I'm sure one of them will but in my opinion Lucas Cayko is the best player in region 8.

Ya i agree with him thats totally accurate ONLY ITS NOT that is one of the most retarted things i have ever heard. Im willing to say that everyone who reads this post has just become slightly more stupid. THAT IS THE STUPIDEST THING IVE EVER HEARD

Will the moderate please ban this person on the grounds that he may be retarted?
The Ambassador

Postby sportsperson » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:17 am

The Ambassador wrote:
sportsperson wrote:I don't think either of them should get it. I'm sure one of them will but in my opinion Lucas Cayko is the best player in region 8.

Ya i agree with him thats totally accurate ONLY ITS NOT that is one of the most retarted things i have ever heard. Im willing to say that everyone who reads this post has just become slightly more stupid. THAT IS THE STUPIDEST THING IVE EVER HEARD

Will the moderate please ban this person on the grounds that he may be retarted?

You might disagree with my opinion but there is no way you can know anything about basketball and what makes a player great in the first place and still say that is the stupidest thing you have ever heard.  The only reason most people share your opinion is because of all the hype the Packineaus get while Cayko gets absolutely none. Give me some reasons why you think Cayko is not, at the very least, on the same level as the Packineaus?
sportsperson
NDPreps Starter

Postby AAfootballfan » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:19 am

Parshall-47

Trenton-44 End of 3rd qtr.

Na. Packineau-4 Fouls
Last edited by AAfootballfan on Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby blaze88 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:27 pm

parshall 73

trenton 60
blaze88

Postby J-Rod34 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:41 pm

blaze88 wrote:parshall 73

trenton 60

Rudy Young Bird- 21 pts
Neil Packineu- 17 pts
Weston smith- 14 pts
Nathaniel Packineau- 12 pts
Myles Chase- 7 pts
Jessie Many Ribs- 2pts

25-60 FG
20-29 FT

16 Turn Overs

Sorry- I didn't catch the Trenton stats.
Last edited by J-Rod34 on Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
J-Rod34

PreviousNext

Return to Boys