Region 8

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Who Wins Region 8

Poll runs till Fri May 20, 2044 1:34 pm

Divide County
14%
Trinity Christian
5%
Trenton
3%
Ray
5%
Stanley
6%
New Town
3%
Parshall
28%
Watford City
37%

Total votes : 65

Postby J-Rod34 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:04 am

Almost all of the other regions have a discussion going so lets get one going for region 8. I personally think the first round games won't be much, the semi's should be good, but the championship should be a good one. I pick Parshall vs. Watford to play each other.
J-Rod34

Postby Weezy Baby » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:07 am

im gunna have to go with watford. they are a great hustle team, and i think they are the favorite for this region. they are the only team i have seen play tho, so im not sure.
Weezy Baby

Postby grizz » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:12 am

Watford but Parshall will put up a good fight. Watford hustles everywhere, but IMO, its kinda cheap how they send 2 people down the court to cherry pick before they even get a rebound.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby AAfootballfan » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:22 am

grizz wrote:Watford but Parshall will put up a good fight. Watford hustles everywhere, but IMO, its kinda cheap how they send 2 people down the court to cherry pick before they even get a rebound.

You talking about WC cherry pickin or Parshall.. Ive watched WC play all year and they don't do that at all.
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby grizz » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:24 am

HAHAHA you must not have seen the Trinity vs WC game. Trinity would shoot the ball, and before it even touches the rim there would be AT LEAST 1 WC guy running down the court. A couple times that guy would have to come back cuz trinity would come down with the rebound. It was very obvious what they were trying to do
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby FavreFan4 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:58 pm

I am going to have to say Parshall will win. They were there last year in the same building. They know what it takes to get through a region and on to state.
FavreFan4
NDPreps Rookie

Postby project-pat » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:00 pm

grizz wrote:HAHAHA you must not have seen the Trinity vs WC game. Trinity would shoot the ball, and before it even touches the rim there would be AT LEAST 1 WC guy running down the court. A couple times that guy would have to come back cuz trinity would come down with the rebound. It was very obvious what they were trying to do

That is why you send a guy back with him. Just follow him wherever he goes.
project-pat

Postby Kansasfan » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:09 pm

If the packineau twins get hott then i think parshall all the way.  And if young brid and smith do some scoring.
Kansasfan

Postby sodadrinker » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:15 pm

i wanna see parshall make it again just to watch the pack twins but i wanna see how good watford city really is too so i wouldnt mind either team winning
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby magic715 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:07 pm

my prediction is Watford City over Ray; Parshall over Trenton; Divide County over Stanley; New Town over Williston Trinity: semi's Watford City over New Town; Parshall over Divide County: Finals Watford City 66, Parshall 59 for the championship. Just my opinion. I loved the way the Trinity kids talked themselves up earlier in the year as being the second best team in the region over Watford City, they may get beat by New Town and i predict they will. Hopefully next year they wont talk so highly of themselves and let others do it for them.
magic715

Postby magic715 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:07 pm

Last edited by magic715 on Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
magic715

Postby AAfootballfan » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:34 pm

Region 8 Predictions:

Watford Big Over Ray

Trinity Christian over New Town---gotta Pick atleast one upset I guess and this is the game where I think the Crusaders have a shot at upseting NT even though TC is the better seed, but we all know that doesn't matter much.

Divide County over Stanley--Don't really even know how the Blue Jays made it to regionals.

Parshall Big Over Trenton

Semis

WC Over TC

Parshall Over DC

Championship

WC 74 Parshall 71 OT
Last edited by AAfootballfan on Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby commonman » Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:11 pm

Did Trinity Christian play Watford earlier in the year? I think there might be a chance that Trinity could upset Watford can me insane but they match up against Watford better than DC does.
commonman

Postby been there done that » Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:41 pm

kansas fan didn't u have a brother that played for parshall?

Last edited by been there done that on Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
been there done that
NDPreps Rookie

Postby power-aid14 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:13 pm

whoever voted for stanley should message me...cuz you are probly the funniest person ever
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby commonman » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:14 am

AAfootballfan wrote:Region 8 Predictions:

Watford Big Over Ray

Trinity Christian over New Town---gotta Pick atleast one upset I guess and this is the game where I think the Crusaders have a shot at upseting NT even though TC is the better seed, but we all know that doesn't matter much.

Divide County over Stanley--Don't really even know how the Blue Jays made it to regionals.

Semis

WC Over TC

Parshall Over DC

Championship

WC 74 Parshall 71 OT

What make you think that Watford and Parshall will go into OT?
commonman

Postby AAfootballfan » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:04 am

commonman wrote:

Watford Big Over Ray

Semis

WC Over TC

Parshall Over DC

Championship

WC 74 Parshall 71 OT

They have twice in the past one being Double OT and every game they have played in the last two years has been decided by 5 points or less.. So that is why!
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby commonman » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:09 am

AAfootballfan wrote:
commonman wrote:

Watford Big Over Ray

Semis

WC Over TC

Parshall Over DC

Championship

WC 74 Parshall 71 OT

They have twice in the past one being Double OT and every game they have played in the last two years has been decided by 5 points or less.. So that is why!

Alright thanks, Back off though these are two good teams and it is tough to pick a winner between the two. I am from out of the area and was just wondering becuase it is rare that they go into OT.
commonman

Postby J-Rod34 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:40 pm

Kansasfan wrote:If the packineau twins get hott then i think parshall all the way.  And if young brid and smith do some scoring.

I dont think they need to get hot, just average but young bird and smith do need to score.
J-Rod34

Postby westpower » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:13 pm

J-Rod34 wrote:
Kansasfan wrote:If the packineau twins get hott then i think parshall all the way.  And if young brid and smith do some scoring.

I dont think they need to get hot, just average but young bird and smith do need to score.

But they wont score. The wolves' defense to tenacios and they wont be  a factor. James, Shipman on the Twins and R. Thompson on Rudy. The problem is then taken care of. Smith I just wont say anything he is not that impressive.
westpower
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsperson » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:42 pm

Little bit off topic, but who are everyone's picks for Region 8 Senior Athlete of the year?
sportsperson
NDPreps Starter

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:16 pm

sportsperson wrote:Little bit off topic, but who are everyone's picks for Region 8 Senior Athlete of the year?

can there be a tie cuz its nathaniel or neil easily
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby sportsperson » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:20 pm

I don't think either of them should get it. I'm sure one of them will but in my opinion Lucas Cayko is the best player in region 8.
sportsperson
NDPreps Starter

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:24 pm

sportsperson wrote:I don't think either of them should get it. I'm sure one of them will but in my opinion Lucas Cayko is the best player in region 8.

im gonna go out on a limb and say that only u and lucas cayko's mother would agree with that.  he is very good and would maybe get it in some other regions but it will be one of the pack's or both if its possible
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby blaze88 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:27 pm

westpower wrote:
J-Rod34 wrote:

But they wont score. The wolves' defense to tenacios and they wont be  a factor. James, Shipman on the Twins and R. Thompson on Rudy. The problem is then taken care of. Smith I just wont say anything he is not that impressive.

good one westpower, just like last game when they almost won playing 2 on 5 yeah nathaniel was double and sometimes triple teamed and he still scored.
blaze88

Next

Return to Boys