Region 2 Tournament

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Region 2 fan » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:07 am

Region 2 Tournament starts next Monday.  What does everyone think about the tournament and the games that are going to be played and predictions?

D-3 #2  May-Port CG vs. D-4 #3  Grafton

D-4 #1  Midway-Minto vs. D-3 #4  Larimore

D-3 #1  Thompson vs. D-4 #4  Park River

D-4 #2  North Border vs. D-3 #3  Hatton-Northwood
Region 2 fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby sodadrinker » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:10 am

is there a chance of a district 4 sweep???
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball9 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:15 am

no way someone from d-3 will come out on top- my guess is Thompson or Mayville
baseball9

Postby sodadrinker » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:19 am

baseball9 wrote:no way someone from d-3 will come out on top- my guess is Thompson or Mayville
u mean no way will there be a sweep or now way will a d-3 team come out on top cuz arent thompson and mayville in district 3
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby Region 2 fan » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:20 am

sodadrinker wrote:is there a chance of a district 4 sweep???

No chance.  With Thompson playing Park River and if Moe doesn't recover in time from his ankle injury Park River is in a world of hurt.  Terrible timing for Aggie fans and the way Thompson is coming off their last game, if they keep that off with Moe 110% i don't think I could pick Park River over them.
Region 2 fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfootball06 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:19 pm

my picks are midway/minto big over larimore, north border over h/n, and thompson over park river
ndfootball06
NDPreps Starter

Postby NBE2007 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:30 pm

ndfootball06 wrote:my picks are midway/minto big over larimore, north border over h/n, and thompson over park river

Same picks with me...but i'm not too sure on this Grafton and MPCG game
NBE2007

Postby PA42 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:48 am

I think the midway-minto game could be interesting. They are a really good team but larimore can make teams look really slugish. The question will be if narloch, Enger, and mozinki can hit their outsie shots. Larimore matchup zone will take mondry out of the game and they have the quickness on defense to take away the drive. I think the hatton-northwood north border game is a great matchup. North Border is really well coached and play a good team game. I just think its too bad that they got a tough matchup. The thunder matchup really well with them. Mark Wallace will battle mathison inside and kueber will use his long arms to defend smith or meyer. And Kirk Prosser is a 6'3" player of the bench that could see some time is well. This is an excellent matchup and a tough one to call. Thompson Park River is a tough match to call as well. If thompson shows up they win simple as that. Grafton Mpcg is the most compelling matchup of the night. I think mpcg really has to control the tempo. If they can slow the game down and not give the grafton big guys and good looks they should win. Grafton has had a fantactic year and have been at their best when they get production from their guards as well their post players. This will be a great game and a great night.
PA42

Postby toughregion2 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:09 am

What are Hatton-nw guards like?? FAST? SHOOTERS? i guess i dont know much about these guys
toughregion2

Postby PA42 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:41 am

zach wold is a good player. a good set shooter and penetrates quite well. Ben strand is a good set shooter who really lacks penetration skills. Eli wold looked good in the tournament but he has had problems at the end of the student.
Last edited by PA42 on Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
PA42

Postby Region 2 fan » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:16 am

Has anybody heard on Justin Moe's injury?  Is he going to be good to go on Monday?  And Curt Enger looked good in the championship coming back off of his injury.  I don't think he missed a beat.
Region 2 fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby toughregion2 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:10 pm

I'm going to try it

mpcg 53 - grafton 54

midway-Minto 52  larimore 49

Thompson 62  Park River 45 if Moes plays 54

Hatton-Nw  52  north border 58
toughregion2

Postby hoop_fan1 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:31 am

toughregion2 wrote:I'm going to try it

mpcg 53 - grafton 54

midway-Minto 52  larimore 49

Thompson 62  Park River 45 if Moes plays 54

Hatton-Nw  52  north border 58

Grafton hasn't learned how to win yet, they will fold- unless mayville plays as bad as they did against thompson. 

M-M will beat larimore-

Thompson-?   you just never know what they will look like!  I'm not even going to guess.  it's like trying to figure out if you're wife will wake up in a bad mood or a good mood!

North border will take Hatton by atleast 10.
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby toughregion2 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:11 pm

If Moe doesnt play Thompson has the easiest draw of the first round.   They will struggle to score enough points to keep up with thompson.  In the 3rd and 4th place game they 12 points at the half.  Otto has to have a better shot selection he seemed to force things in the district tourney.  But saying all that Thompson has been very inconsistent so with a team like that anything can happen. 

North Border and H-nw will be a hard one to predict.  Both of these teams have had there ups and downs this season.  North Border took one to the chin by Central Valley and H-nw took one from Drayton st thomas.  Its going to be who shows up and who makes some outside shots early.  North Border rebounds really well and are tough in the paint but sometimes struggles from the outside, but lately this hasnt been a factor.  Foul trouble could be a factor in this one i see it being pretty physical. 

Mpcg and Grafton  This will be something different for Mpcg they are usually one one with the size down low but not in this match up.  I dont see anybody from grafton being able to shut down lorenze but i also dont see anybody shutting down Kilinske if he shows up.  Grafton also rebounds very well and if they can keep lorenz away from the basket on the defensive side they will struggle on the boards agains Grafton.  You know MPCG is going to show up after there showing in the title game so this game will be determined if Grafton matches it. I think this game will be closer than people think.  Defensive battle with in your face Man-2-Man

Larimore and Midway-Minto We all know who the better team is here but Midway-Minto plays 6 guys and they did survive foul trouble in their title game, but at some point i think this gets them in the end.  They spread the ball very well and made very nice cuts to the hoop. Mondry looks like the studd of the district one night and sluggish on other nights. Larimore's defense will try to slow it down i would hope and get Midway Minto to play their game.  Midway Minto needs to make sure they dont fall into that trap and let larimore hang around. I think if they dont put them away early they could be in trouble.  Another low scoring defensive battle. 

SHOULD BE A GREAT 3 NIGHTS AT THE BETTY
toughregion2

Postby Duce » Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:27 am

Toughregion2 has an amazing basketball mind. Thnx for breaking everything down...and for you...whos ur pick right now for region 2 champ?
*Lead not by words, but by example
Duce
NDPreps Reserve

Postby web17 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:14 am

toughregion2 wrote:North Border and H-nw will be a hard one to predict.  Both of these teams have had there ups and downs this season.  North Border took one to the chin by Central Valley and H-nw took one from Drayton st thomas. 

i think you have these teams backwards. no big deal tho, they were both tough losses.
web17
NDPreps Starter

Postby cubsfan » Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:39 am

web17 wrote:
toughregion2 wrote:North Border and H-nw will be a hard one to predict.  Both of these teams have had there ups and downs this season.  North Border took one to the chin by Central Valley and H-nw took one from Drayton st thomas. 

i think you have these teams backwards. no big deal tho, they were both tough losses.

He was actually talking about early season losses that each team had.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Region 2 fan » Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:18 pm

cubsfan wrote:
web17 wrote:

He was actually talking about early season losses that each team had.

No he called them right, Central Valley beat North Border like within the first week of playing games of the season and Hatton-Northwood lost their season opener to Drayton-St. Thomas.  Hatton-Northwood also lost to the same Central Valley team first round in districts.
Region 2 fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby thesports_guy32 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:43 am

May-Port CG 52 vs. Grafton 47

Midway-Minto 58 vs. Larimore 49

Thompson 67 vs. Park River 51

North Border 63 vs. Hatton-Northwood 52

I don't have a reason for my picks... just a vision.
thesports_guy32

Postby PA42 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:04 pm

39-31 mpcg in the 3rd. it sounds like there have been some questionable calls.
PA42

Postby ndfan » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:46 pm

Mayville vs. Midway Minto

Park River vs. North Border

Is that right?? And if so who comes out of these two games?
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby chip44 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:39 pm

M&M wins by 6+

NB wins by 10+

Setting up a rematch of the district 4 championship, it will be another close game but i think M&M pulls it off again and wins the region and the trip to state !!!
chip44
NDPreps Reserve

Postby thundastruck. » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:49 pm

SCC wrote:It sounded like MPCG outrebounded Grafton, even though they were outsized.

grafton shot about 50 3's never gave the ball to 'ak' .   the reffing was fair, keating gets pretty bias.
thundastruck.

Postby toughregion2 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:41 pm

Whoooooa lets get threw tommorows games before we get into another North Border Midway=Minto game I believe until beaten Mayport cg is the favorite in this thing They are still the team to beat

And as of right now im eating crow because Park River Played very very well they will give North border a game.  The game was sloppy but Park River played physical and Thompson didnt like that.  Moe was Moe didnt miss a step.  North Border looked alright in the first and third quarter The Fourth got out of hand Hatton Nw played chippy.  I was surprised to see North Border leave most of there starters in with under 3 minutes to play up by 20. 

Im not predicting tommorows games i have no clue.  No Favorites in my mind....
toughregion2

Postby NBE2007 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:22 pm

Gotta give credit to North Border's defense though. They held Hatton-Northwood to like 5 points until 4-3 minutes left in the 4th quarter
NBE2007

Next

Return to Boys