Region 2 Tournament

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Duce » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:13 pm

and by the way horne98 please unlock "Best Defender" the last 10 posts litteraly made me laugh out loud.

Thundastruck vs schwab is hillarious. lol
*Lead not by words, but by example
Duce
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndfan » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:35 pm

Lorenz region 2 player of year if that surprises anybody.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby toughregion2 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:39 pm

Mathison is going either to Mayville OR UND to play ball

und wants the project they say they cant find that size anywhere
toughregion2

Postby toughregion2 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:54 pm

Best game ive ever seen........they both gave it everything they had

Midway Minto shouldnt hang their heads they are a wonderful team
toughregion2

Postby Region 2 fan » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:11 pm

Congratulations Tanner Carpenter, I mean North Border.  Without that kid the game wouldn't have ended the way it did.  He came down and nailed a huge 3-pointer from the top of the key and then went to the line down by 3 with oh...not quite sure on the time but made the first and missed the 2nd and got his rebound and went back to the line to tie the game.  Then not only were those the 2 points to push overtime but he came out in overtime and helped pull it out of Midway-Minto's reach.  North Border played some shaky ball throughout the tournament I thought so i can't wait to see how they do against some teams in the state tournament.  They won the quarterfinal game against a Hatton-Northwood which was a 3-point game at half time and if it wasn't for H-N's poor 3rd quarter shooting  they could have lost that one and then Park River played them close without Moe practically and if that technical wouldn't have been called I think it would have been a whole different story and then tonight they came out extremely slow but picked up pace in the fourth and their lucky they did when they did or it would have been too late.  It also helps a lot when Mondry was playing the game of his life in the first half with 16 points and he finishes with 16 points and fouls out and barely played the 2nd half.  North Border has a shot at the state championship, they lost earlier in the year to Four Winds by 15 but I went to that game and Four Winds didn't miss.  Good luck to the Eagles of North Border as they make a trip to Bismarck and will represent the best region in the state year in and year out, Region 2
Region 2 fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby web17 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:52 am

toughregion2 wrote:Mathison is going either to Mayville OR UND to play ball

und wants the project they say they cant find that size anywhere

UND, seriously? wow. i mean he is good and all and i would take him on my team, but he wasnt even in the game when it counts most. Even mayville is taking a chance on him. He only touched the floor in the second half to guard the inbounds. I understand he has height, but from what i saw last night, and the tournament overall, i would say he is a a bigger project then UND wants to deal with. 
web17
NDPreps Starter

Postby NBE2007 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:02 am

I heard from him that he thinks it is UND, and UND can make him such a better player at his height. I think he will improve alot if he goes there.
NBE2007

Postby Duce » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:45 pm

NOOOO WAY u are all pulling my leg. UND?????? Dryburgh went there who was an amazing big guy for class B and he is probably the worst player on that team. There is no way Mathison is going to UND. Was he even honorable mention in his district? I love the kids attitude and hope this is true but i will eat my boots if he goes to UND to play basketball. Any North Border fans have any clue??
Duce
NDPreps Reserve

Postby toughregion2 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:08 pm

Und has been after him all year

been at lots of his game

invited north border to the betty for a game and visited with him after the game

this is according to his mother so get your boots ready
toughregion2

Postby web17 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:19 pm

toughregion2 wrote:Und has been after him all year

been at lots of his game

invited north border to the betty for a game and visited with him after the game

this is according to his mother so get your boots ready

no offense to him, but they must be getting pretty desperate.
web17
NDPreps Starter

Postby toughregion2 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:40 pm

no they just cant find 6'11 anywhere

he wont be a stud but he might be a factor in 4years
toughregion2

Postby web17 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:43 pm

toughregion2 wrote:no they just cant find 6'11 anywhere

he wont be a stud but he might be a factor in 4years

ya maybe if he works for 10 hrs a day for 4 yrs. haha, that height sure would be nice to have.
web17
NDPreps Starter

Postby bricklayer99 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:38 pm

UND. argh. Redshirt...... he'll have to work his behind off, step up on the aggressiveness on both sides of the court, develop a few moves... Hey und's done alot worse and had some tough luck the last decade.:?
Last edited by bricklayer99 on Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bricklayer99

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:10 am

bricklayer99 wrote:UND. argh. Redshirt...... he'll have to work his behind off, step up on the aggressiveness on both sides of the court, develop a few moves... Hey und's done alot worse and had some tough luck the last decade.:?

with a couple years of teaching him how to play in the paint he could dominate with the size he has.  i mean 6'10 and over 260 in HS is a pretty good start in college.  Dryburgh is about 6'8 and 230 or so, he doesnt have the physicla presence that mathison has which in the college game is a big factor.  Dryburgh has all the skill in the world but doesn't have the size which is what he's got to work on at UND. 
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Duce » Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:47 am

ya good call but still...jeez, anyone know any good recipies for boots? i still cant comprehend it.....but 6'10 is 6'10 apparently
Duce
NDPreps Reserve

Postby PA42 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:12 pm

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:
bricklayer99 wrote:UND. argh. Redshirt...... he'll have to work his behind off, step up on the aggressiveness on both sides of the court, develop a few moves... Hey und's done alot worse and had some tough luck the last decade.:?

with a couple years of teaching him how to play in the paint he could dominate with the size he has.  i mean 6'10 and over 260 in HS is a pretty good start in college.  Dryburgh is about 6'8 and 230 or so, he doesnt have the physicla presence that mathison has which in the college game is a big factor.  Dryburgh has all the skill in the world but doesn't have the size which is what he's got to work on at UND. 
mathison will not be a dominat player wherever he goes. he is a decent project for a dac school thats it. I give the kid credit he has gotten better. He has size, the ability to finish, and he does a nice job facing the basket. But he needs to be tought the basics in defense. He tends to lean on kids and offensivley he needs to learn how to play with his back to the basket. He needs to get stronger but more importantly to get in shape. But most likely he won't be playing major minutes anytime soon. But again i give the kid credit he was a late bloomer. He grew like six inches in a year and i don't think he had the fundamentals to start with. SO i give him credit for being where he is today. I think he potential in the dac.
PA42

Postby region 2 opinion » Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:57 pm

horne98 wrote:

mathison will not be a dominat player wherever he goes. he is a decent project for a dac school thats it. I give the kid credit he has gotten better. He has size, the ability to finish, and he does a nice job facing the basket. But he needs to be tought the basics in defense. He tends to lean on kids and offensivley he needs to learn how to play with his back to the basket. He needs to get stronger but more importantly to get in shape. But most likely he won't be playing major minutes anytime soon. But again i give the kid credit he was a late bloomer. He grew like six inches in a year and i don't think he had the fundamentals to start with. SO i give him credit for being where he is today. I think he potential in the dac.

Hey Duce!!  Better get ready to eat some boots. UND is very interested in Mathison. Coach Jones is a great teacher for bigs. They will redshirt him and work with him for as long as it takes for him to be able to contribute. He has a good work ethic and I believe he will play for them in the future. He is kind of a late bloomer. The reason he was not on the floor at times for NB was partly because of his defense vs quicker players. He did a fine job in the 2nd 1/2 vs Mondry, blocking his first two shots he took. When NB needs more quickness on defense Smith is the one they go to at times, and you have to admit, Smith is a good defender.

region 2 opinion
NDPreps Starter

Postby web17 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:20 pm

region 2 opinion wrote:
horne98 wrote:

Hey Duce!!  Better get ready to eat some boots. UND is very interested in Mathison. Coach Jones is a great teacher for bigs. They will redshirt him and work with him for as long as it takes for him to be able to contribute. He has a good work ethic and I believe he will play for them in the future. He is kind of a late bloomer. The reason he was not on the floor at times for NB was partly because of his defense vs quicker players. He did a fine job in the 2nd 1/2 vs Mondry, blocking his first two shots he took. When NB needs more quickness on defense Smith is the one they go to at times, and you have to admit, Smith is a good defender.

i am happy for mathison, but for the life of me, other than his size i dont see any potential in him really at all. but you never know...
web17
NDPreps Starter

Postby jetblue12 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:39 am

region 2 opinion wrote:
horne98 wrote:

there is no way mathison will play at und.  he will take to long to develop.  und has to start doing stuff like winning immediatly.  he is a non factor in high school games.  i think hes a great kid and all but i think it will be a act of congress for him to 'contribute' at und.  the second half vs. mondry, mondry played like 2 minutes in the second half due to fouls.
jetblue12
NDPreps Starter

Postby toughregion2 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:50 pm

HAHAHA NON FACTOR IN HIGH SCHOOL GAMES

YOU DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL DO YOU

ANYBODY THAT IS 6"10  IS A FACTOR HE REBOUNDS HE BLOCKS SHOTS AND HE SCORES WHEN NEEDED. 

Do you realize how teams alter their shots in the paint because of him

toughregion2

Postby jetblue12 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:41 pm

toughregion2 wrote:HAHAHA NON FACTOR IN HIGH SCHOOL GAMES

ANYBODY THAT IS 6"10  IS A FACTOR HE REBOUNDS HE BLOCKS SHOTS AND HE SCORES WHEN NEEDED. 

dont know much about high school basketball?

ok he is a small factor if any, closer to non.  hes more concerned about cheering and waving at the crowd then blocking shots.  he didnt play that much in regionals to be a factor.  lucky they have a weaker opponent in shiloh for a 1st round game.
jetblue12
NDPreps Starter

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:44 am

jetblue12 wrote:

ok he is a small factor if any, closer to non.  hes more concerned about cheering and waving at the crowd then blocking shots.  he didnt play that much in regionals to be a factor.  lucky they have a weaker opponent in shiloh for a 1st round game.
He was a real non factor this weekend at the state tournament.  3 double-doubles with close to 20 points and 15 rebounds each game.  He also have about 3-4 blocks per game.  The only North Border player on the all-tournament team, although I though Nick Chaput deserved to be on there.  Maybe not over some of the other players that made it but definitely in addition to the ones on there.  What a non factor! 
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby jetblue12 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:48 am

jetblue12 wrote:

He was a real non factor this weekend at the state tournament.  3 double-doubles with close to 20 points and 15 rebounds each game.  He also have about 3-4 blocks per game.  The only North Border player on the all-tournament team, although I though Nick Chaput deserved to be on there.  Maybe not over some of the other players that made it but definitely in addition to the ones on there.  What a non factor! 

he would be a bigger factor in the cheer squad.  comeon now i think people saw him play...  2 easy opponents...  he didnt get half those numbers in the region 2 tourney..
jetblue12
NDPreps Starter

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:34 am

jetblue12 wrote:
jetblue12 wrote:

he would be a bigger factor in the cheer squad.  comeon now i think people saw him play...  2 easy opponents...  he didnt get half those numbers in the region 2 tourney..
Yeah I guess it's not good for a player to have fun while he's out on the court.  Just because he likes to get the crowd involved when he's out there doesn't mean he's a non factor.  He also didn't get great numbers every time because of North Borders balance.  Meyer struggled offensively in the tournament which opened up Mathison for more shots in the paint.  In Regionals, Carpenter, Meyer, Chale and Smith all stepped up on offense so Mathison didn't get as many touches to get closer to 20 points.
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby toughregion2 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:59 pm

Who is this guy !!!!!

2 WEAK OPPONENTS PARSHALL AND MINOT RYAN GOOD ONE

I heard many times that the parshal & north border game was the best game of the tourney!!

Mathison played great!!! this is his first year on the varsity and he played very very well under the circumstances. the only thing that was a non factor was your comments jet!

Great tourney Great crowds and a great time !! 

toughregion2

PreviousNext

Return to Boys