Region 2 Tournament

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:45 pm

toughregion2 wrote:Whoooooa lets get threw tommorows games before we get into another North Border Midway=Minto game I believe until beaten Mayport cg is the favorite in this thing They are still the team to beat

And as of right now im eating crow because Park River Played very very well they will give North border a game.  The game was sloppy but Park River played physical and Thompson didnt like that.  Moe was Moe didnt miss a step.  North Border looked alright in the first and third quarter The Fourth got out of hand Hatton Nw played chippy.  I was surprised to see North Border leave most of there starters in with under 3 minutes to play up by 20. 

Im not predicting tommorows games i have no clue.  No Favorites in my mind....
well as long as H-N's starters are still in i would leave mine in.  no reason to make what was really a 20 point win into a game cuz the bench players are getting scored on by the other teams starters.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Region 2 fan » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:23 pm

I think the first day held up to it's expectations.  May-Port CG played a good game against a tough Grafton team and won the tournament opener.  Midway-Minto barely hung on to beat the 4 seed from district 3, Larimore, but got the job done.  low scoring game but larimore wouldn't stop competeting.  Thompson started off the game clicking in every aspect but seems to me that they don't know how to teach or stress defense over in Thompson.  They let a good Park River team hang around and take a lead going into halftime and Park River never looked back.  Moe exploded with 27 i think and even on a bummed ankle.  The final game was North Border beating Hatton-Northwood.  North Border came out with a lead 21-14 at the end of the first but held only a 3 point lead at halftime.  The third quarter put the Thunder with their backs to a wall it seemed when i think they only scored 2 points the entire quarter while North Border lit it up.

My predictions for tomorrow are...

May-Port CG 58   Midway-Minto 51
Park River     42   North Border  51

I'd also like to congratulate Grafton, Larimore, Thompson, and Hatton-Northwood on great seasons and good luck to May-Port CG, Midway-Minto, Park River, and North Border.  Any of those 8 teams would have represented our region well in Bismarck I think.
Region 2 fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby hoop_fan1 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:30 am

hoop_fan1 wrote:
toughregion2 wrote:I'm going to try it

mpcg 53 - grafton 54

midway-Minto 52  larimore 49

Thompson 62  Park River 45 if Moes plays 54

Hatton-Nw  52  north border 58

Grafton hasn't learned how to win yet, they will fold- unless mayville plays as bad as they did against thompson. 

M-M will beat larimore-

Thompson-?   you just never know what they will look like!  I'm not even going to guess.  it's like trying to figure out if you're wife will wake up in a bad mood or a good mood!

North border will take Hatton by atleast 10.

Not too bad!  As I said, don't know if thompson will show up, they did play their game the 1st qtr, then Hegg & Nelson tried to do it themselves- & that doesn't work for them.

I will now take North Border & MPCG.  MPCG will narrowly beat M-M.

Park River just isn't that impressive to me- other than Moe, & mpcg will figure out how to shut him down enough to win.
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby PA42 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:45 am

it is going to be a great night of basketball. it is going to be tough to predict, but it is tought to go against North Border and Mpcg because of their expierence during tournament time. Don't get me wrong midway-minto and Park River will definately make things interesting.
PA42

Postby Tigger » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:51 am

until someone beats them and proves me wrong, i'm picking mayport cg every night
Last edited by Tigger on Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tigger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby The Schwab » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:02 am

Tigger wrote:until someone beats them and proves me wrong, i'm picking mayport cg every night
cant really argue with you there......they are 13-1 in their last 14 regional games.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby thesports_guy32 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:08 am

13-1 is pretty impressive but teams don't fear them this year like they did in past years.
thesports_guy32

Postby The Schwab » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:11 am

I will be the first one to admit that this MPCG team isnt nearly as talanted in years past....but these players have been here before....in this situation that they are in now.....so that will be huge.....and with this team it seems like they have a kid that steps up and plays out of his mind in clutch time.....Klath in the Semi's of the district....Baldock last night......
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:17 pm

Well the first game of the night was a very good game.....mpcg had a lead at the end of one....tied at half......mm lead at end of three and held on at the end.....great game....two good teams played....the better team won.

The second game was quite interesting.....Moe picked up his 3rd foul with 4:33 left in the 2nd quarter and played until halftime without fouling.....ended up fouling out with over 7 min left in the game......he only had 3 points........his 2nd foul however was quite questionable....he got t'd up for changing his uniform(he got blood on his) on the sideline.....4 point swing for nb.......nb won by 9 but max otto kept pr in it......great games......all district 4 championship thursday.....should be a good one.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby toughregion2 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:06 pm

Midway Minto handled the pressure didnt turn the ball over late and scored just enough to win.  They played very well tonight i was impressed. 

The second game was one of the worst jobs of officiating ive ever seen on BOTH ends of the court.  It was ridicoulous !!!!  The moe call with the jersey confuses me because they let him play with the different jersey anyway why the Technical.

North Border comes out poised and focused and plays sloppy when the other team plays sloppy.  They played really well defensively looked average on offense.  Tonight Park River was a better team without Moe on the floor i dont know if his ankle is sore or if he is just wore out.  They moved on offense when he wasnt out there.  They either stood and watched him or Did everything the could to get it to him.

If tommorows game is anything like the district championship game between these two We are all in for a treat.  Been a long time since its been all district 3 probaly 2000 when North Border and Park River faced off

toughregion2

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:22 pm

toughregion2 wrote:Midway Minto handled the pressure didnt turn the ball over late and scored just enough to win.  They played very well tonight i was impressed. 

The second game was one of the worst jobs of officiating ive ever seen on BOTH ends of the court.  It was ridicoulous !!!!  The moe call with the jersey confuses me because they let him play with the different jersey anyway why the Technical.

North Border comes out poised and focused and plays sloppy when the other team plays sloppy.  They played really well defensively looked average on offense.  Tonight Park River was a better team without Moe on the floor i dont know if his ankle is sore or if he is just wore out.  They moved on offense when he wasnt out there.  They either stood and watched him or Did everything the could to get it to him.

If tommorows game is anything like the district championship game between these two We are all in for a treat.  Been a long time since its been all district 3 probaly 2000 when North Border and Park River faced off

I'm assuming you mean district 4 and yes it was 2000.  I'm sure after last nights performance Moe was a little wore out and that ankle didn't seem like it was holding up because he was a lot slower laterally then he was last night and didn't jump as well either.  I think if Moe was healthy who knows what could've happened in this tournament.  Lorenz in all probability is going to win senior of the year but they should consider moe a lot more then people think.  This team was horrible last year and moe is the only player back that started the whole year.  Otto played some but didn't have a big role that he filled nicely this year.  Moe was always in the doghouse of his coach and got pulled from numerous games for his attitude.  He completely turned it around this year and brought Park River from being the other team that will make regionals in district 4 to one of the top teams in the region and in the state for a few weeks with a rank as high as 8th. 
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby toughregion2 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:33 pm

Wow You and Moe Must Have Thing

17 POINTS AT THE HALF AGAIN THATS MORE THAN THEY HAVE BEEN AVERAGING

YOUR NOT ONE OF THE BEST TEAMS IN THIS REGION WITH 17 POINTS AT THE HALF AND IF I KNOW NELSON PARK RIVER WILL BE LUCKY TO GET 10 TOMMOROW
toughregion2

Postby toughregion2 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:35 pm

Another THING go look at the polls and than go look at whose left SHOWS THE POLLS MEAN NOTHING
toughregion2

Postby cubsfan » Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:40 am

The Midway-Minto MPCG game was a good game.  MPCG had a six point lead after one and scored the first two points of the second half but then got cold from the field.  If the Patriots could have got the lead out 10-12 points it might have been a different story.  That being said, good luck to the Midway-Minto and North Border boys basketball team's. 
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndlionsfan » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:12 am

toughregion2 wrote:Midway Minto handled the pressure didnt turn the ball over late and scored just enough to win.  They played very well tonight i was impressed. 

I'm guessing he got a technical for untucking his jersey (or taking it off) on the sideline.  I don't think switching jerseys was a problem.  It's a rule that was put in last year and still has not been inforced the greatest.  I'm glad some refs are finally starting to call it.  Anytime a player intentionally untucks his jersey on the court or on the bench it is supposed to be at technical foul.  I'm guessing if he went to the lockeroom and switched jerseys it would not e a problem.  Either that or maybe the coach didn't report to the refs that he switched jerseys and then we he checked in the number was wrong from the book.  That's a technical, too.  I wasn't at the game so I can't say for sure....just my guess.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby BB11 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:52 am

You are exactly right on your first guess.
The rule is - a player can not - under any circumstances - change jerseys while on the bench or on the court - They MUST go to the locker room for such changes - otherwise it is automatic technical.
That is why that happened.
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby thundastruck. » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:20 am

BB11 wrote:You are exactly right on your first guess.
The rule is - a player can not - under any circumstances - change jerseys while on the bench or on the court - They MUST go to the locker room for such changes - otherwise it is automatic technical.

one ref said he could, i heard him, i was in the first row, then the other idiot craved some power and t'd him up from the other end of the court.  
thundastruck.

Postby NDSUBison » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:34 am

As much as i hate to say it, that call was really stupid. It helped NB greatly because it gave Moe is 2nd personal, but he wasn't upset at the refs and flung his jersey out of his shorts. He changed because of the blood. Its a good rule for people fouling out, dumb rule for the case of Moe.
Last edited by NDSUBison on Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
NDSUBison

Postby The Schwab » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:44 am

thundastruck. wrote:

one ref said he could, i heard him, i was in the first row, then the other idiot craved some power and t'd him up from the other end of the court. 
He said that he could change jersey's with a teammate......he NEVER said he could do it on the sideline.....the right call was made.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby thundastruck. » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:47 am

The Schwab wrote:
thundastruck. wrote:

He said that he could change jersey's with a teammate......he NEVER said he could do it on the sideline.....the right call was made.

maybe the ref should of said that, he said he could change jerseys, joke of a call.
thundastruck.

Postby The Schwab » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:50 am

I agree with you that the call was kind of a joke.......BUT it was the right call by the rules......i think the ref's handled that one just as they were supposed to.......the right call was made, I'm just disapointed that getting that technical for his second foul, and then picking up his third right after that prevented us from seeing Moe play like he did on monday night, because what he did on monday night was nothing short of Amazing.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby thesports_guy32 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:29 am

Tigger wrote:until someone beats them and proves me wrong, i'm picking mayport cg every night

you've been proven wrong.
thesports_guy32

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:16 am

toughregion2 wrote:Wow You and Moe Must Have Thing

17 POINTS AT THE HALF AGAIN THATS MORE THAN THEY HAVE BEEN AVERAGING

YOUR NOT ONE OF THE BEST TEAMS IN THIS REGION WITH 17 POINTS AT THE HALF AND IF I KNOW NELSON PARK RIVER WILL BE LUCKY TO GET 10 TOMMOROW

I dont see how you can think that because i said exactly whats true about moe.  i played against him the last two years and saw him play this year so i think i know what im talking about.  if every time someone said something nice about luke lorenz on this site he'd have about 25 boyfriends... i think moe has had a better senior season then lorenz personally but when the voters vote on it they'll look at lorenz's career accomplishments and will have an impact on the voting.  i'm not saying that lornez doesn't deserve this type of award but i think moe did more this year with less help around him.  lorenz had klath and baldock who are experienced seniors, moe was the only senior and his two guys with experience (otto and jelinek) were sophomores.  I cant wait to watch moe vs. lorenz on thursday it will be fun to see those two play each other
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby toughregion2 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:23 am

What im trying to say is thay Ive seen Park River 1 time before the first ankle injury They were good but not great.  Then Moe gets hurt and is out and Minto Midway blows them out.  Than Moe comes back and ever since than everybody has been thinking of him as the great white hope.  HES INJURED you cant hide that and its not going to go away he played one oustanding game against thompson but he had almost a week to rest.  Asking him to do it 3 out of 4 nights against tough tough teams is asking way to much.  soo on that note Park River great year great tourney you will be tougher than heck next year.

North Border 2106 i seen you play a few times and if we called every player great that played against you and schooled you we would look like a Four Winds topic =)

hahaha had to talk some smack you were alright M.H.
toughregion2

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:35 am

toughregion2 wrote:What im trying to say is thay Ive seen Park River 1 time before the first ankle injury They were good but not great.  Then Moe gets hurt and is out and Minto Midway blows them out.  Than Moe comes back and ever since than everybody has been thinking of him as the great white hope.  HES INJURED you cant hide that and its not going to go away he played one oustanding game against thompson but he had almost a week to rest.  Asking him to do it 3 out of 4 nights against tough tough teams is asking way to much.  soo on that note Park River great year great tourney you will be tougher than heck next year.

North Border 2106 i seen you play a few times and if we called every player great that played against you and schooled you we would look like a Four Winds topic =)

hahaha had to talk some smack you were alright M.H.

haha jeez, i wasnt that bad, too bad your name on here isnt as obvious as mine i'd like to know how u played in HS. lol
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

PreviousNext

Return to Boys