Region 2 Tournament

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby PA42 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:40 pm

Trust me lorenz will end his high school career in fashion. He did not deserve to go out the way he did on tuesday. Lorenz kept them in the game in the fourth but could not pull it out.
PA42

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:41 pm

horne98 wrote: Trust me lorenz will end his high school career in fashion. He did not deserve to go out the way he did on tuesday. Lorenz kept them in the game in the fourth but could not pull it out.

any word on where he is going to college next year?
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby thundastruck. » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:46 pm

horne98 wrote: Trust me lorenz will end his high school career in fashion. He did not deserve to go out the way he did on tuesday. Lorenz kept them in the game in the fourth but could not pull it out.

why didnt he deserve to go out like that.  they lost to a better team hands down.  many other good seniors lose their last game, dont see what the deal is
Last edited by thundastruck. on Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thundastruck.

Postby The Schwab » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:49 pm

they lost to a better team on that night....i personally would love to watch midway minto and mpcg go at it again.....that was a very good game......midway minto was the better team last night and deserves to play for a region championship tomorrow night.....luke lorenz did whatever he could to try to push his team over the top....but give jacob narloch from mm all the credit in the world....he made it VERY tough for lorenz down low.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:54 pm

yeah i dont understand what horne98 is talking about how he shouldn't end his career like that.  he had a 20 point game and did all he could, may port just wasnt good enough this year to make a run through regionals.  i would agree with you had mpcg lost to grafton after lorenz got hosed on his 5th foul, that would be a bad way for someone like him to end his career.  however, had m-m lost i would feel pretty bad for stephen mondry who fouled out with about 35 seconds left on one of the weakest foul calls of all time especially for someone of his skill levels 5th foul.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby PA42 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:36 pm

Luke Lorenz has played his heart out for every game he has stepped out on the court for four years. I don't care if you don't like mpcg but you have to admit their is not one player that plays harder than luke lorenz. He did everything he could against midway minto. Luke has fought the critics for four years and wanted a state title more than anything. I don't think he deserved anything less than a state championship. and after he came so close last year he did everything he could to make mpcg a state contender this season. As for luke in college i don't know but wherever he goes he will bring the same competiveness and desire to win. I just think everyone should at least give the kid props for a great high school career.
Last edited by PA42 on Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PA42

Postby Claz B Fan » Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:58 pm

I agree ill give him millions of props and my hats of too him for an excellent career :up:
Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:33 pm

I know he had a great high school career, but for you to say that was a bad way for him to end his career doesn't make sense.  I have nothing against MPCG to tell you the truth, but they weren't going to win state this year and everyone knew that at the start of the season.  So if winning state was the way he should've ended his career then there was no chance of that.  Every player in the region wants to win state so you could say that about anyone who has lost so far in regionals.  Some of these other seniors weren't as lucky as Luke Lorenz to have the teammates and coaching he's had throughout his career either.
Last edited by north_border_eagles2106 on Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby PA42 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:58 pm

Trust me no one wanted to win state like luke lorenz. no one worked as hard this year and no competed like him this season. i just think he deserved one more trip to bismarck.
PA42

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:29 pm

He has had two chances to win state in his career which is more then most people can say.  He played in the state championship game which is more then most people can say.  I know he worked hard at everything he's done but I dont see why you think he deserves another chance.  He's had his chances and MPCG didn't win state.  I think everyone who works hard deserves a chance to play at state but it just doesn't happen.  Just because Lorenz works harder then most doesn't mean he deserves three straight years to have a chance.  Besides, had MPCG won last night and on Thursday there is no chance that they would win state this year.  Last year was his best shot to win state and they should've but they got beat.
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby toughregion2 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:39 pm

ENOUGH WITH MAYPORT THEY ARE FINISHED
toughregion2

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:45 pm

I agree and i just didnt agree with the last thing horne98 said.  Anyways, does anyone have a prediction for thursday night at the Betty? It should be a close match up and one of the better regional championship games around the state.
Last edited by north_border_eagles2106 on Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cubsfan » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:35 am

It may not be fair but life is not fair.  I think that North Border will win championship game.  They have played in it for the last 2 years.  They are used to the pressure of playing in a big game.  I also think that they are more deserving to go than Midway-Minto.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndfan » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:05 am

[user=1043]cubsfan[/user] wrote:
It may not be fair but life is not fair.  I think that North Border will win championship game.  They have played in it for the last 2 years.  They are used to the pressure of playing in a big game.  I also think that they aremore deserving to go than Midway-Minto.

How are they more deserving then M-M??
Last edited by ndfan on Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby EagleFan#5 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:47 am

ndfan wrote:[user=1043]cubsfan[/user] wrote:
It may not be fair but life is not fair.? I think that North Border will win?championship game.? They have played in it for the last 2 years.? They are used to the pressure of playing in a big game.??I also think that they aremore deserving to go than Midway-Minto.

They may not be more deserving but it is awful difficult to beat a team 3 times in a row. Another thing to remember is that the last time the Eagles and the Mustangs matched up the Eagles shot pathetically from the free throw line in the fourth quarter. M-M has a good club but I have saw them play some games where they looked a little on the shakey side too. If NB plays their game and utilizes all of their tools I don't see them having any trouble coming out with a  "W" tonight.
EagleFan#5

Postby experiencingtechnicaldiff » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:13 am

horne98 wrote:Trust me no one wanted to win state like luke lorenz. no one worked as hard this year and no competed like him this season. i just think he deserved one more trip to bismarck.

I think whichever TEAM makes it to state this year deserves it more than ONE player. Luke is a great ball player, but TEAMWORK gets you to state.
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology." -Red Auerbach
experiencingtechnicaldiff
NDPreps Starter

Postby chip44 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:17 am

[user=20]ndfan[/user] wrote:
[user=1043]cubsfan[/user] wrote:
It may not be fair but life is not fair.? I think that North Border will win?championship game.? They have played in it for the last 2 years.? They are used to the pressure of playing in a big game.??I also think that they aremore deserving to go than Midway-Minto.

They may not be more deserving but it is awful difficult to beat a team 3 times in a row. Another thing to remember is that the last time the Eagles and the Mustangs matched up the Eagles shot pathetically from the free throw line in the fourth quarter. M-M has a good club but I have saw them play some games where they looked a little on the shakey side too. If NB plays their game and utilizes all of their tools I don't see them having any trouble coming out with a  "W" tonight.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[font=Times New Roman]Well that just shows you how they are not used to the pressure of the big game, they don't have that senior this year that can step up and put the game away like in years past example Winkler.  However, NB is playing very well and so is M&M it's going to be a very good game.  But as long as M&M plays their game they will win by at least 5+...[/font]
Last edited by chip44 on Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
chip44
NDPreps Reserve

Postby PA42 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:39 am

experiencingtechnicaldifficulties wrote:
horne98 wrote:Trust me no one wanted to win state like luke lorenz. no one worked as hard this year and no competed like him this season. i just think he deserved one more trip to bismarck.

I think whichever TEAM makes it to state this year deserves it more than ONE player. Luke is a great ball player, but TEAMWORK gets you to state.

maybe that is why they are not going to bismarck.
PA42

Postby NDSUBison » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:06 am

Fact of the matter is, this game is huge for both teams. They both have six seniors. Both of these teams have been playing together on traveling teams, or high school teams for a long time. This is what they both have been looking forward to this year. For M-M, guys like Enger, Mondry and Mozinzki will be the go to guys for points. For NB, its going to be Mathison, Meyer, and Carpernter. This is the game were role players have to step it up. Narloch and Chale are very good, but i don't think you'd call them go to guys. Russel S. and Nick C. are very good at what they do. When it comes to the bench, however, NB has an advantage over M-M. Even both of the coaching staffs are amazing. It all comes down to heart and deteremination.
NDSUBison

Postby thunderbaseball_38 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:11 am

horne98 wrote:
experiencingtechnicaldifficulties wrote:

maybe that is why they are not going to bismarck.

yah, that very could well be why......
thunderbaseball_38

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:19 am

even if they did they would not be bring home the state championship
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:34 am

Well, both teams have a better chance then MPCG to do it.  I'm not saying that I know if either team will but I think they will both have a chance.  The first round of state is against the Region 5 champion which is Shiloh or Center-Stanton so who knows what will happen.  My point is that although MPCG is tough to beat for the teams in its Region, I don't think they would've done very well at state this year with the players they have even if its the third year in a row they would've gone.
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby hoop_fan1 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:42 am

SCC wrote:
north_border_eagles2106 wrote:even if they did they would not be bring home the state championship

So will North Border or Midway-Minto have a shot?

from what I've seen I don't think these 2 teams are in the top 4 in the state.  Do they deserve to get to state?  YES, but there are some very good teams this year from other regions.

If mathison had more skills, I would put NB in the running.  You can tell what an asset a player is to his team when the player in question is taken out for a few minutes, & NB plays as good or better w/out him in the lineup.  would anyone else agree with that? 
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:50 am

They have been during the Regional Tournament but don't let that be your only assumption of him.  He's had some ups and downs this year and in some peoples minds underachieved considering his size.  But, this is the first season of varsity ball he's ever played so while he is 6'11 he is still adjusting to how much different varsity basketball is compared to anything lower then it.  He's had numerous games where he has put in 15-20+ points and had 10 or more rebounds.  North Border probably does play better overal because the guys they have like to push the ball up the court and run, and if he is in the game they won't have the whole attack coming at the other team on fastbreaks. 
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Duce » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:07 pm

any north border fans know if mathison is going to try to play ball in college? im really wondering if any small college would want the project or is he just gonna give up basketball after this year? i mean he is almost 7 feet tall
*Lead not by words, but by example
Duce
NDPreps Reserve

PreviousNext

Return to Boys