Wheeling or Dufault.

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Weezy Baby » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:39 am

if you had to pick just one for your team, who would you pick and why? i would take Wheeling, he seems to me like a more complete player.
Last edited by Weezy Baby on Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Weezy Baby

Postby letsgosox » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:31 am

As far as raw talent goes, its Austin, but if you are looking experience and consistancy, then Jacob. Both these players are special in there own way and a I dont believe you can choose between the two. Jacob can get people in the air and draw fouls better than anyone i have seen, and he has ice running through his veins when it comes to free throws at the end of the game. He made 2 to send the 2nd game against Trinity into overtime, and he knocked down 3 with 4 seconds left to send the 2nd game against hazen into overtime. As far as Austin goes, when he is hot, he is unstoppable. He can shoot the lights out, and gets to the rim. I think both players are pretty even.
letsgosox

Postby grizz » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:03 pm

Wheeling is pretty much always consistant and Dufault seems off a lot. Wheeling gets my pick
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby brownbomber » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:11 pm

grizz wrote:Wheeling is pretty much always consistant and Dufault seems off a lot. Wheeling gets my pick

i agree

I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby Mauer07 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:56 pm

I would take wheeling because to me he just seems that he is just flat out better and seems that he is more versital and when the going gets tough it seems that wheeling steps up more
You can't measure the heart of a champion
Mauer07
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby boysbballfan » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:07 pm

I would choose wheeling because he has proven that he can play without dufalt on the court with him. It will be interesting to see how Austin does next year without wheeling there to help take the pressure off of him.
"If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?"
--Vince Lombardi
boysbballfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby gator-nation » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:17 pm

im sure he will be averaging 20+ and be doing everything himself....he will be just fine but i dont know about the team
gator-nation

Postby Weezy Baby » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:51 am

agreed. he will puy up some great numbers, but its hard to win alone and thats basically what he will have to do. Wagner is a desent bal handler but other than that, they are bad.
Weezy Baby

Postby grizz » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

Yeah Dufault will probobly play better college ball than Wheeling. His height gives him a huge advantage, even though it should be right now and I'd still pick Wheeling.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby nd » Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:39 am

Weezy Baby wrote:if you had to pick just one for your team, who would you pick and why? i would take Wheeling, he seems to me like a more complete player.

I'd take Dufault hands down. He not only has game he has a good attitude.  Wheeling seems way too cocky, has a terrible attitude, and talks way too much trash. Having a player like Dufault would not only make your team better but I bet there'd be better unity and more fun off the court as well.
nd
NDPreps Rookie

Postby grizz » Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:50 am

nd wrote:I'd take Dufault hands down. He not only has game he has a good attitude.  Wheeling seems way too cocky, has a terrible attitude, and talks way too much trash. Having a player like Dufault would not only make your team better but I bet there'd be better unity and more fun off the court as well.

This is completely true. Wheeling is a VERY big whinner and chronic complainer. Dufault definately does his little complaints too, but they are nothing that I couldnt see anyone else doing. BUT, I would still chose Wheeling over Dufault in anything, no matter if it were a 1v1 or 3 pnt contest, Wheeling would win.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby letsgosox » Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:17 pm

grizz wrote:
nd wrote:I'd take Dufault hands down. He not only has game he has a good attitude.  Wheeling seems way too cocky, has a terrible attitude, and talks way too much trash. Having a player like Dufault would not only make your team better but I bet there'd be better unity and more fun off the court as well.

This is completely true. Wheeling is a VERY big whinner and chronic complainer. Dufault definately does his little complaints too, but they are nothing that I couldnt see anyone else doing. BUT, I would still chose Wheeling over Dufault in anything, no matter if it were a 1v1 or 3 pnt contest, Wheeling would win.

how about a dunk contest? haha
letsgosox

Postby grizz » Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:41 pm

letsgosox wrote:
grizz wrote:This is completely true. Wheeling is a VERY big whinner and chronic complainer. Dufault definately does his little complaints too, but they are nothing that I couldnt see anyone else doing. BUT, I would still chose Wheeling over Dufault in anything, no matter if it were a 1v1 or 3 pnt contest, Wheeling would win.

how about a dunk contest? haha

Haha good point. ok everything EXCEPT a dunk contest.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby marchmadness10 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:11 pm

I don't know who i would pick because wheeling has better composure but i believe that dufault is the better athlete. If dufault could develope a post game he could be a very complete player

marchmadness10
NDPreps Reserve

Postby letsgosox » Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:46 pm

marchmadness10 wrote:I don't know who i would pick because wheeling has better composure but i believe that dufault is the better athlete. If dufault could develope a post game he could be a very complete player

i would say that jacob wheeling is the better athlete. he has qualified for state track in the 100 and 200 a couple times but hasnt the last 2 years because he had knee surgery and had to sit out of track season. if he would have went out for football, he wouldve been all state most likely, and he is one of the top golfers in the state. i'm not saying that austin is not a great athlete, but he is a better basketball player than he is an athlete. jacob is faster, stronger, and a better ball handler than austin, so i would give the edge to jacob.
letsgosox

Postby Weezy Baby » Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:39 pm

i completeley agree. he is a beeter overall athelete, even tho they are both talented. my pick is still wheeling and that looks to be the majority vote so far...
Weezy Baby

Postby sportsguy » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:23 am

Wheeling vs. Dufault is not even close.  Dufault is by far the better basketball player and athlete.  At Dufault's size who can do what he does?  Wheeling is too slow and maybe a good athelete off the court, but on the court it's not close.  Ask yourself this.... Will Wheeling be up for Mr. Basketball this year??  No...  Will Dufault be the frontrunner for Mr. Basketball 2008.... yes.  Why? Because Dufault is the better basketball player and better athlete.  Honestly I don't see how anybody can think Wheeling is in the same ballpark.  He is lucky if he ends up playing college ball at all and DuFault is going to be a guy that if he has a good summer is going to get some solid D1 looks. 
sportsguy

Postby Sioux Rock!!!! » Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:52 am

I would have to go with wheeling because he can do so much around the court. For Dufault he can only shoot 3 pointers, I know they are getting him ready for college but he could play a little more under the hoop. Thats why I'm going with Jacob Wheeling.
Sioux Rock!!!!
NDPreps Rookie

Return to Boys