Region 1

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby observer » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:50 am

Hey, Region 1 fans! Are any of you there? Let's hear some of your opinions.
observer

Postby beachy » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:56 am

I think it will be hankinson and Northern Cass in the championshup game.......
beachy
NDPreps Starter

Postby roughrider125 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:44 pm

Hankinson vs. Kindred -> Kindred pulls the upset
Doctors and scientists said that breaking the four-minute mile was impossible, that one would die in the attempt. Thus, when I got up from the track after collapsing at the finish line, I figured I was dead.
~Roger Bannister (After becoming the first person to break the four-minute mile, 1952)
roughrider125
NDPreps Starter

Postby bballprsn » Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:40 pm

roughrider125 wrote:Hankinson vs. Kindred -> Kindred pulls the upset

i say Hankinson vs. Kindred too...it could be a good one, Hankinson beat Kindred by double digits at the beginning of the year...but Kindred has come a long way since then.  Hankinson is also playing some solid ball right now...Lisbon also has a very good chance at making it
bballprsn
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndman11 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:49 pm

To be honest with kindred beating Northern Cass was not a huge upset, the 4 teams from disrict 2 (assuming Central Cass beats Richland) are all very close to each other, no one team stands out. I think it should be a interesting region tournament and wish all the teams good luck.

One thing is for sure is Region 1 is solid this year and they should be represented well in state this yr.
Last edited by ndman11 on Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ndman11
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsjunkie » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:07 pm

Would Hankinson and Lisbon be in the same bracket?
sportsjunkie
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Akadema » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:15 pm

sportsjunkie wrote:Would Hankinson and Lisbon be in the same bracket?

Since Lisbon and Hankinson are playing for the district 1 championship i do not believe they would be in the same bracket for regionals. I think whoever loses that game will be in Kindred's bracket since they were #1 in district 2 and whoever win's will have northern cass in their bracket since they were #2 in district 2.

But i believe when regionals finally come around Lisbon will be the team to come out on top. I think Kim Mark will have them ready to make a run in the tournament and i heard rumors of Mauch separating his shoulder (i dont know if its true) but if it is that will hurt Hankinsons chances. i just believe Lisbon is gonna put it together for the tournament.
Akadema
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndsportsfan98 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:23 pm

I heard Mauch's injury caused him some pain, but it sounded like he could play through some pain as he put down a dunk in the semi's against Sargent Central.
ndsportsfan98
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sportsjunkie » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:25 pm

Akadema wrote:

Since Lisbon and Hankinson are playing for the district 1 championship i do not believe they would be in the same bracket for regionals. I think whoever loses that game will be in Kindred's bracket since they were #1 in district 2 and whoever win's will have northern cass in their bracket since they were #2 in district 2.

But i believe when regionals finally come around Lisbon will be the team to come out on top. I think Kim Mark will have them ready to make a run in the tournament and i heard rumors of Mauch separating his shoulder (i dont know if its true) but if it is that will hurt Hankinsons chances. i just believe Lisbon is gonna put it together for the tournament.
I'd have to go with Lisbon over Hankinson to go to state if they're not in the same bracket.  In Lisbon's past to games they have shown the aggresivness and outstanding play they started off the year with.  They pulled it all together for tournament time.
sportsjunkie
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndman11 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:01 pm

Dont be surprised if you see a district 2 team get hot and upset one of these two teams, Yes both have played very well but are both beatable. If Kindred, Northern Cass, Oak Grove and assuming Central Cass wins  can put 3 great  games together you might be surprised. All the teams will be gunning for these two teams.

Either should be a great tourny and I think Region 1 will be represented nice in state this yr.
ndman11
NDPreps Starter

Postby bballprsn » Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:38 pm

sportsjunkie wrote:
Akadema wrote:

I'd have to go with Lisbon over Hankinson to go to state if they're not in the same bracket.  In Lisbon's past to games they have shown the aggresivness and outstanding play they started off the year with.  They pulled it all together for tournament time.

yea lisbon has definitely pulled it together after 3 straight losses for tourney time...they'll be tested against hankinson, two very talented teams....it can go either way.  I think it will be lisbon over hankinson in the district championship but a very close one just like the last one but this one might go lisbons way, but i think id have to pick hankinson to win the region...they are tough, and yes mauch had an ac separtation in his shoulder he is still paying and playing well, and the team has showed that they can do good without him too, so i pick them to go to state for region 1
bballprsn
NDPreps Starter

Postby Claz B Fan » Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:20 am

I think that I would go with Lisbon if Mauch is not 100 percent to win the district and who knows about regionals its up in the air as of now
Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby beachy » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:40 am

Claz B Fan wrote:I think that I would go with Lisbon if Mauch is not 100 percent to win the district and who knows about regionals its up in the air as of now

Well even though mauch is hurt a lilbit it will not affect how he shos still a great player with a lil injury.... he could still throw t down this his bad shjoulder..and score 20 points so i dont think it is that bad....
beachy
NDPreps Starter

Postby uncguy3 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:17 pm

hey in order to not play northern cass b4 the chamionship(hankinson)they would have to lose the district first and if they cancel that game hankinson would automatically take #1 seed in the regional tourney therefore hankinson and northern cass can't be in championship together
Last edited by uncguy3 on Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
uncguy3
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Claz B Fan » Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:51 am

Are the games on for today and is it on the radio?
Last edited by Claz B Fan on Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby philshometown » Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:07 am

KBMW 1450 AM
In basketball -- as in life -- true joy comes from being fully present in each and every moment, not just when things are going your way.

PHIL JACKSON, Sacred Hoops
philshometown
NDPreps Starter

Postby Claz B Fan » Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:16 am

Anyone know the Final scores from todays games
Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndsportsfan98 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:35 am

North Sargent over Sargent Central by about 20 pts for 3rd

Hankinson over Lisbon by about 10 points for the championship
ndsportsfan98
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby suttonbros » Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:02 pm

Central Cass Beat Richland by 20 for the play in game
suttonbros

Postby ndsportsfan98 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:07 pm

This sets up the Region 1 tournament beginning Monday at 3:00 (?)

Game 1 Lisbon (D1#2) vs Oak Grove (D2#3)

Game 2 Kindred (D2#1) vs Sargent Central (D1#4)

Game 3 Hankinson (D1#1) vs Central Cass (D2#4)

Game 4 Northern Cass (D2#2) vs North Sargent (D1#3)

I believe I have these right, feel free to correct me if i'm wrong. 
Last edited by ndsportsfan98 on Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ndsportsfan98
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sodadrinker » Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:12 pm

ndsportsfan98 wrote:This sets up the Region 1 tournament beginning Monday at 3:00 (?)

Game 1 Lisbon (D1#2) vs Oak Grove (D2#3)

Game 2 Kindred (D2#1) vs Sargent Central (D1#4)

Game 3 Hankinson (D1#1) vs Central Cass (D2#4)

Game 4 Northern Cass (D2#1) vs North Sargent (D1#3)

I believe I have these right, feel free to correct me if i'm wrong. 

im guessing u meant northern cass is the #2 out of district 2
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndsportsfan98 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:21 pm

You are right, Northern Cass is District 2 #2 seed
ndsportsfan98
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rep » Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:53 pm

so with having to play a couple of games back-to-back-to-back does bench depth become quite a bit more important? does one team have a little better chance now because they use more kids in the rotation?
rep

Postby Claz B Fan » Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:27 pm

I would say the teams with the deepest benches are probably Kindred and Central Cass. Kindred goes 3 deep every game with a lot of experienced seniors and Central Cass will put in just about everybody off of their bench. Now whether or not this is to an advantage im not quite sure but it certainly keeps your starters fresh for all 3 games if neccesary
Last edited by Claz B Fan on Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bballprsn » Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:11 pm

after hankinson beat lisbon today by 8, ive kinda changed my mind about regionals.  Hankinson looked very impressive and they definitely played a lot better than in the past few games.  Hankinson showed the ability they have and that they can still get wins against good teams without jaime mauch being at the top of his game.  Hankinson is going to be tough to beat, and i it will be Hankinson vs. Lisbon or Kindred in the region title game and should be a good one!  Lisbon is definitely still close favorites with Hankinson and they are a very hard team to beat.  I think a District 1 team will be representing region 1 in state this year. 
bballprsn
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Boys