Region 4

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby ClassBballa » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:50 am

nativegolfer wrote:
fruit snack wrote:WC missed 8 free throws.......if they would have burried themit would of been a whole different game, i dont really have nothin against the indians, it just upsets me how there fans are so disrespectful most of the time....i see DT coming out and beating FW the first game just because they have alot of experience, FW is a decent team but ricky better have something up his sleeve to go all the way

Let me tell you something about sportsmanship.  Last night after the game a WC fan walked behind Coach Smith and said "I hope you get your a--es kicked in Bismarck."  That is poor sportmanship!!  FS, who are you the Pope or something?  Your'e always harping on sportsmanship.  Every team has fans who display poor sportsmanship.  It's a fact and you need to live with it. 

I don't know who said it but they shouldn't have, they were frustrated after a tough loss i'm sure. I wanted WC to win but I do hope that FW represents us well at state.

As for the fans, yes every team has some bad ones ppl just remember FW because they have a large quantity of them.
We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. I just can't figure out where else to play!

I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out.
ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rabbits » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:55 am

nativegolfer wrote:
fruit snack wrote:WC missed 8 free throws.......if they would have burried themit would of been a whole different game, i dont really have nothin against the indians, it just upsets me how there fans are so disrespectful most of the time....i see DT coming out and beating FW the first game just because they have alot of experience, FW is a decent team but ricky better have something up his sleeve to go all the way

Let me tell you something about sportsmanship.  Last night after the game a WC fan walked behind Coach Smith and said "I hope you get your a--es kicked in Bismarck."  That is poor sportmanship!!  FS, who are you the Pope or something?  Your'e always harping on sportsmanship.  Every team has fans who display poor sportsmanship.  It's a fact and you need to live with it. 

Wanna hear sportsmanship, me and a buddy were walkin out to the concessions stand and TWO FW fans said they hoped that WC got their A**es kicked....keep talkin..fans are fans
Last edited by rabbits on Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying." Michael Jordan
rabbits
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Diamond D » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:05 am

Are you kiddin me!  That was probably the best defensive effort the boys gave all year.  The proved they didn't have to press to beat a good team.  They beat playin straight up man to man.  By the way, the way CJ played D was planned.  Rogelstad couldn't set up the offense looking over his shoulder to see where CJ was.

If that was the best defense they have played all year, then someone needs to show the kids how to get down and actually show them the basics of shuffling their feet.  Way too many risks taken chasing the ball instead of guarding it.

If my kid played defense like CJ did last night, I would have drug him off the court by his ear. 

I like FW, don't get me wrong.  I had them picked to win the tournament, but IMHO I want to see them pick up their defensive game or I believe they will be hurting in the state tournament.

Good luck to the Indians at the State Tournament next week.
Diamond D

Postby fruit snack » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:16 am

DT by 10
fruit snack

Postby the messanger » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:39 am

Good luck FourWinds, win or lose i'm still behind you all the way just go give it all you got you make us proud
the messanger
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Nativemom » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:35 am

[font=comic sans ms][glow=black]Congrats to Four Winds Indians[/glow][/font]

District 7 Champs!

Region 4 Champs!

:clap:    :banana:

[font=impact]Good Luck at State[/font]
Nativemom

Postby fruit snack » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:53 am

nativegolfer wrote:

Let me tell you something about sportsmanship.  Last night after the game a WC fan walked behind Coach Smith and said "I hope you get kicked in Bismarck."  That is poor sportmanship!!  FS, who are you the Pope or something?  Your'e always harping on sportsmanship.  Every team has fans who display poor sportsmanship.  It's a fact and you need to live with it. 

Pope Fruit Snack, that actually has a nice little ring to it...if a WC person did say that its not very good...but im sure it was just 1 person.....when FW people do it its like way more than 1, and i heard some of the stuff FW people said to WC people and players....i was flabbergasted.
fruit snack

Postby Indians Alumni » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:16 am

fruit snack wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:

Let me tell you something about sportsmanship.  Last night after the game a WC fan walked behind Coach Smith and said "I hope you get kicked in Bismarck."  That is poor sportmanship!!  FS, who are you the Pope or something?  Your'e always harping on sportsmanship.  Every team has fans who display poor sportsmanship.  It's a fact and you need to live with it. 

Pope Fruit Snack, that actually has a nice little ring to it...if a WC person did say that its not very good...but im sure it was just 1 person.....when FW people do it its like way more than 1, and i heard some of the stuff FW people said to WC people and players....i was flabbergasted.

Well a couple of the elderly ladies in the community were outside after the game waiting for their rides, when some of the WC fans came out they kicked a bottle stating "Indians, I hope they get their butts kicked in state!"  There is dumb fans in all sports, the only reason that you think FW has bad fans is because IMO you all sit there and wait for them to say something, or you only hear the bad things they say.  What about the nice Ceremony they had for Carrington's coach???
Last edited by Indians Alumni on Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby fruit snack » Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:26 pm

Indians Alumni wrote:
fruit snack wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:

Well a couple of the elderly ladies in the community were outside after the game waiting for their rides, when some of the WC fans came out they kicked a bottle stating "Indians, I hope they get their butts kicked in state!"  There is dumb fans in all sports, the only reason that you think FW has bad fans is because IMO you all sit there and wait for them to say something, or you only hear the bad things they say.  What about the nice Ceremony they had for Carrington's coach???

u were the one saying how monson was not a good coach and how big ricky got screwed.....FW fans are disresptful and it wont change!!!
fruit snack

Postby skman » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:40 pm

I think that all schools are jealous of the support that 4Winds gets from its fans. Most players would love to see the support shown by their entire community. Anyone that knows basketball knew that the Indians would be tough this year. However, Coach Smith should get many kudos for getting his team to do whatever it takes to win. They always have pressure on the other team and even if it doesn't work physically it still has an emotional drain on the other team. i don't think that their fans are ANY different than any other schools. We all cheer when the ref makes a call our way and we also think that we got screwed when it goes against us. Tony I., IMO, is the BEST PLAYER in the state. A or B. By the way, the ceremony that they had for Carrington coach was also a very class act. I am sure that it was appreciated and meaningful. I know that the people from Carrington were impressed.

Good luck to 4 Winds at state. They play the game the way it was meant to be played!
It's not how you drive, it's how you arrive
skman
NDPreps Reserve

Postby project-pat » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:45 pm

skman wrote:I think that all schools are jealous of the support that 4Winds gets from its fans. Most players would love to see the support shown by their entire community. Anyone that knows basketball knew that the Indians would be tough this year. However, Coach Smith should get many kudos for getting his team to do whatever it takes to win. They always have pressure on the other team and even if it doesn't work physically it still has an emotional drain on the other team. i don't think that their fans are ANY different than any other schools. We all cheer when the ref makes a call our way and we also think that we got screwed when it goes against us. Tony I., IMO, is the BEST PLAYER in the state. A or B. By the way, the ceremony that they had for Carrington coach was also a very class act. I am sure that it was appreciated and meaningful. I know that the people from Carrington were impressed.

Good luck to 4 Winds at state. They play the game the way it was meant to be played!

ok...1st of all...when it comes to getting a team prepared and ready to play every single game...I would give that award to Greg Grinsteiner of trinity.

2nd of all...I give the Best player in the state award to Quale, Kick, Wilhelm, or Belohaveck, not Tony Ironheart.

And last but not least...I would also say that Dickinson Trinity plays better basketball than FW. They may not always be exciting to watch, but they do the little things right. They do anything their coach tells them to do, no questions asked, which is playing basketball the way it was meant to be played.
project-pat

Postby skman » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:55 pm

I am NOT saying that Trinity coach isn't deserving of COTY either. i just feel that Smith can have his team play fast or slow.

Tony I is the best. i have seen all the players (more than once) that you mentioned. He will not make as big of an impact in college as some of them but this is high school.

I am sure that Trinity IS a good team. 4 Winds is fun to watch, they don't turn it into a football game. I have heard how cocky they are and how they try to run up the score. Maybe the other teams should work on getting better and not worry about how bad they will get beat.

4 Winds by 12 over the Titans
skman
NDPreps Reserve

Postby WildWarrior » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:03 pm

By the way, the ceremony that they had for Carrington coach was also a very class act. I am sure that it was appreciated and meaningful. I know that the people from Carrington were impressed.

What was this ceremony thing all about.  I mean I know Coach Monson was very ill but I didn't hear about a ceremony.
WildWarrior
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby skman » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:08 pm

What was this ceremony thing all about. I mean I know Coach Monson was very ill but I didn't hear about a ceremony.

They (Tribal Council) presented him with a Star Blanket. Lots of people didn't know what was going on. I do know that although coach Monson isn't very emotional that it meant a lot to him. Carrington community was also impressed with the thoughtfulness of the Ft. totten community
skman
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NDdominator » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:11 pm

I would not say TI is the best player in the state you bring anyone of the top 7 or 8 players in class A they would have much better numbers such as kick, qvale, belohavek, wilhelm, elgie, knife, mertens, etc...its not a very good example but shows the difference between the classes but marley finly was a stud in class b dominating teams shoe-in for class b all-state for probably the rest of her career if she stayed class b but in class A shes tough didn't even get an all-region nod wish I could think of a guys but non coming to mind at the moment
NDdominator

Postby WildWarrior » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:12 pm

skman wrote:What was this ceremony thing all about. I mean I know Coach Monson was very ill but I didn't hear about a ceremony.

They (Tribal Council) presented him with a Star Blanket. Lots of people didn't know what was going on. I do know that although coach Monson isn't very emotional that it meant a lot to him. Carrington community was also impressed with the thoughtfulness of the Ft. totten community

That is very classy.  I have always been amazed working on the reservation, at the caring and compassion that is everywhere.  That is quite an honor for a good coach.  You always hear the negativity about reservation life but one story like this should outshine ten others you hear.
WildWarrior
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby WildWarrior » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:14 pm

NDdominator wrote:I would not say TI is the best player in the state you bring anyone of the top 7 or 8 players in class A they would have much better numbers such as kick, qvale, belohavek, wilhelm, elgie, knife, mertens, etc...its not a very good example but shows the difference between the classes but marley finly was a stud in class b dominating teams shoe-in for class b all-state for probably the rest of her career if she stayed class b but in class A shes tough didn't even get an all-region nod wish I could think of a guys but non coming to mind at the moment

TI would have much better numbers if he wasn't so unselfish.  I am assuming you are from the western part of the state with the names you mention.  Watch the kid play and then tell me what you think.  He reminds me a whole lot of Ashley Privatsky.  They can both put the team on their backs and carry them if they want to or have to but they would much rather be a team player and make their teammates better as well.
Last edited by WildWarrior on Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WildWarrior
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby skman » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:21 pm

It is always hard to pick "A PLAYER". all are deserving. they all are good passers. It takes a team to win most games. TI is content to WIN. Size wise he is very unassuming. Put a ball into his hands and he becomes 7 ft tall.
skman
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baller14 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:56 pm

All the talk i heard about Ironheart and how good he is I believed because I hadn't seen him play untill the region championship.  And after that game i wasn't impressed at all.  He barely ever got to the basket when Rogelstad was matched up on him.  Yes hes a solid player but not even close to the best in the state.
baller14

Postby skman » Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:01 pm

[user=809]baller14[/user] wrote:
All the talk i heard about Ironheart and how good he is I believed because I hadn't seen him play untill the region championship.  And after that game i wasn't impressed at all.  He barely ever got to the basket when Rogelstad was matched up on him.  Yes hes a solid player but not even close to the best in the state.

Maybe you should understand that he played the last 6 minutes of 2nd quarter with 3 fouls. he was wary of driving the lane and picking up a charge. not many coaches would have enough confidence in their stud to leave him out there believing that he would be smart enough not to get another foul. it took away a lot of his game though.
skman
NDPreps Reserve

Postby nativegolfer » Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:05 pm

baller14 wrote:All the talk i heard about Ironheart and how good he is I believed because I hadn't seen him play untill the region championship.  And after that game i wasn't impressed at all.  He barely ever got to the basket when Rogelstad was matched up on him.  Yes hes a solid player but not even close to the best in the state.

Maybe the R4 final was nerves or an off night but in the first game against WC he had 19 and 12 assists and in the D7 final he had 32 and 11 assists.
Last edited by nativegolfer on Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby sodadrinker » Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:59 am

nativegolfer wrote:
baller14 wrote:All the talk i heard about Ironheart and how good he is I believed because I hadn't seen him play untill the region championship.  And after that game i wasn't impressed at all.  He barely ever got to the basket when Rogelstad was matched up on him.  Yes hes a solid player but not even close to the best in the state.

Maybe the R4 final was nerves or an off night but in the first game against WC he had 19 and 12 assists and in the D7 final he had 32 and 11 assists.

it also took rogelstad 3 trys this year to kind of figure out what IH does to defenders and how to try to play him.  also in the district final 4 winds screened so tony would have a big guy on him.  i dont think anyone will beable to stop him at state by themself
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby fruit snack » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:24 am

sodadrinker wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:

it also took rogelstad 3 trys this year to kind of figure out what IH does to defenders and how to try to play him.  also in the district final 4 winds screened so tony would have a big guy on him.  i dont think anyone will beable to stop him at state by themself

without tony they wouldnt of got out of districts
fruit snack

Postby Indians Alumni » Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:36 am

project-pat wrote:
skman wrote:I think that all schools are jealous of the support that 4Winds gets from its fans. Most players would love to see the support shown by their entire community. Anyone that knows basketball knew that the Indians would be tough this year. However, Coach Smith should get many kudos for getting his team to do whatever it takes to win. They always have pressure on the other team and even if it doesn't work physically it still has an emotional drain on the other team. i don't think that their fans are ANY different than any other schools. We all cheer when the ref makes a call our way and we also think that we got screwed when it goes against us. Tony I., IMO, is the BEST PLAYER in the state. A or B. By the way, the ceremony that they had for Carrington coach was also a very class act. I am sure that it was appreciated and meaningful. I know that the people from Carrington were impressed.

ok...1st of all...when it comes to getting a team prepared and ready to play every single game...I would give that award to Greg Grinsteiner of trinity.

2nd of all...I give the Best player in the state award to Quale, Kick, Wilhelm, or Belohaveck, not Tony Ironheart.

And last but not least...I would also say that Dickinson Trinity plays better basketball than FW. They may not always be exciting to watch, but they do the little things right. They do anything their coach tells them to do, no questions asked, which is playing basketball the way it was meant to be played.

Sound like Robots, That is the difference with the FW kids, they are coached to use there instincts, they react and conter-act!  They are a team that sees the floor and reacts to situations, not do what coach tells them too, such as 4 passes before you shoot!  That is too "Hoosier" for me!  I like to see basketball played like that, no what a coach orders his kids to do! 

Quale didn't show me anything in the big dance, he was virtually not there!  He didn't do a thing!  I didn't get a chance to see Kick or Wilhelm play, but you cannot lie about the stats that IH has, The kid dominated the Regionals, He is not just  a fluke that can only play well against weaker teams during regular season, he put the boys on his back and brought them home two titles, only one left to get!

Grinsteiner should have his boys prepared, he recruited them! 
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby fruit snack » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:04 am

Indians Alumni wrote:
project-pat wrote:

Sound like Robots, That is the difference with the FW kids, they are coached to use there instincts, they react and conter-act!  They are a team that sees the floor and reacts to situations, not do what coach tells them too, such as 4 passes before you shoot!  That is too "Hoosier" for me!  I like to see basketball played like that, no what a coach orders his kids to do! 

Quale didn't show me anything in the big dance, he was virtually not there!  He didn't do a thing!  I didn't get a chance to see Kick or Wilhelm play, but you cannot lie about the stats that IH has, The kid dominated the Regionals, He is not just  a fluke that can only play well against weaker teams during regular season, he put the boys on his back and brought them home two titles, only one left to get!

Grinsteiner should have his boys prepared, he recruited them! 

you guys sound like little girls complaining about recruiting his players and stuff, just forget about it and go play
fruit snack

PreviousNext

Return to Boys