Region 7-Tourney!!

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby ND-SportsFan » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:00 pm

Let's here what you gotta say!! Its the best tournament of the year, perhaps better than the State Tournament!!
ND-SportsFan
NDPreps Rookie

Postby grizz » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:07 pm

I hate to say it z but there is already 2 other topics about region 7.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby sodadrinker » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:07 pm

ND-SportsFan wrote:Let's here what you gotta say!! Its the best tournament of the year, perhaps better than the State Tournament!!

what a joke
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby project-pat » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:20 pm

Yeah that is a joke...nothing compares to the competition of region 4.
project-pat

Postby sodadrinker » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:23 pm

project-pat wrote:Yeah that is a joke...nothing compares to the competition of region 4.

we will just see that first round of state.  i dont recall any region 4 teams being beat by 30 points
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby xcolt90 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:57 pm

Last time a region 4 team got beat by 25 points I believe it was Four Winds losing to Dickinson Trinity.  Whoever comes out of region 4 will be playing in the sunshine bracket at state after day one.  No matter who comes out of region 7.
xcolt90

Postby sodadrinker » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:01 pm

xcolt90 wrote:Last time a region 4 team got beat by 25 points I believe it was Four Winds losing to Dickinson Trinity.  Whoever comes out of region 4 will be playing in the sunshine bracket at state after day one.  No matter who comes out of region 7.
do u realize region 4 has the 1, 5, and 9 teams in state in the region.  all u region 7 people r so obsessed with how those teams in region 7 were ranked at the beginning of the year, well now its about even.
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby xcolt90 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:03 pm

It's only even cause the region 7 teams beat each other up all year and they stepped out of the region to play tough teams like Watford City and Minot Ryan.  Until somebody from Region 4 can prove something different than their game against Trinity at state last year, then they are not worthy!
xcolt90

Postby sodadrinker » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:06 pm

xcolt90 wrote:It's only even cause the region 7 teams beat each other up all year and they stepped out of the region to play tough teams like Watford City and Minot Ryan.  Until somebody from Region 4 can prove something different than their game against Trinity at state last year, then they are not worthy!

that is stupid.  dickinson trinity graduated how many people and dont have even close to the same team.  minot ryan isnt that great of a team.  lost to kenmare the other night.  who beat kenmare??? wells county the number 3 team in region 4.  watford city is a very good team but i dont know alot about them.  minot ryan lives and dies by the three
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby xcolt90 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:09 pm

Trinity has the same kind of team that won it all last year minus a big guy.  They don't hurt themselves, they play great defense, and they keep their composure.  Four Winds has a new team as well, but my money is still on region 7.  2 of the last 3 championships and Bowman was the 2nd best team in the state last year.
xcolt90

Postby sodadrinker » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:13 pm

xcolt90 wrote:Trinity has the same kind of team that won it all last year minus a big guy.  They don't hurt themselves, they play great defense, and they keep their composure.  Four Winds has a new team as well, but my money is still on region 7.  2 of the last 3 championships and Bowman was the 2nd best team in the state last year.

i agree to everything u say about last year but trinity is not like last year.  u cant replace a kid like landon smith and ryan hurnst (spelling).  guys 6'6 that can shoot the lights out dont come around to often.  he was my mvp of the state tourney behind neil packineau
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby project-pat » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm

haha ryan ernst is a pretty easy player to replace. All that kid could do was shoot. I could go out in a varsity game and hit a couple 3's and call her a game, but my coach won't let me. I think Luke Steiner is a more difficult player to replace than ernst was.
Last edited by project-pat on Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
project-pat

Postby sodadrinker » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:20 pm

project-pat wrote:haha ryan ernst is a pretty easy player to replace. All that kid could do was shoot. I could go out in a varsity game and hit a couple 3's and call her a game, but my coach won't let me.

well he some how made a name in the state for playin bball and im pretty sure the only player from bowman i have ever heard of is tivis so im pretty sure u couldnt replace him
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby project-pat » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:23 pm

Derek Pauley? Donovan Breen? Thomas Burke?

Oh please...Ryan Ersnt is a pickup player. All he can do is shoot...he reminds me of Steve Kerr.
project-pat

Postby sodadrinker » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:24 pm

project-pat wrote:Derek Pauley? Donovan Breen? Thomas Burke?

Oh please...Ryan Ersnt is a pickup player. All he can do is shoot...he reminds me of Steve Kerr.

o i stand corrected.... ive heard of pauley and tell me how u think a 6'6" guy that can shoot from the outside can be replaced now
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby project-pat » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:26 pm

Travis Thielen from bowman is 6'4"-6'5" freshmean who can already knock down the three. He will be the replacement for Pauley. Him and Wolf are gonna be unstoppable as a duo.
project-pat

Postby xcolt90 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:28 pm

sodadrinker, it's not about the rankings just this year.  It's every year.  Region 7 has had the most dominant region for the last few years running.  The basketball out there is just a notch above everywhere else right now.  Don't take it personal, just keep trying to get better.
xcolt90

Postby sodadrinker » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:29 pm

project-pat wrote:Travis Thielen from bowman is 6'4"-6'5" freshmean who can already knock down the three. He will be the replacement for Pauley. Him and Wolf are gonna be unstoppable as a duo.

ok more people that ive never heard of but u have an arguement.  who replaces smith and even steiner??  that team was so tall and ive heard they arent tall at all this year
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby xcolt90 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:30 pm

Project-Pat, don't forget about the Harding kid.  It sounds like he had a big game knocking down shots against Hettinger.  Bowman has a lot of good players coming up.
xcolt90

Postby project-pat » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:32 pm

Yeah he will be amazing. With is dad being the girls coach...He is constantly in the gym working on his game. He his the master at the midrange jumper, and he has outstanding post moves. Bowman also has Brock Boos, Kenzie Robertson, Jake Mason, Andrew Stoldorf, Alex Wolf, Jarren Lutes, and Kyle Palczewski that will all be outstanding in their junior and senior years.
project-pat

Postby xcolt90 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:34 pm

The thing about Trinity is they just have athletes.  They may not look like the best players around but when they step on the floor they play like a unit on both ends of the floor.  They have overcome the size issues and are playing at the top of their game.  They do have a few 6-2 guys that are playing well.  Lets not forget we are in North Dakota and we aren't blessed with high flying players like other states.  There's not much difference between 6-2 and 6-5 right now.  In fact the best two jumpers I've seen the last few years were Jaden Voth 5-11 and James Smith from South Heart 6-1.

Trinity replaced their starters from last year quite well.  4 losses total with region 7's competition and Trinity's non-region schedule....that is a great season.
xcolt90

Postby sodadrinker » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:36 pm

xcolt90 wrote:The thing about Trinity is they just have athletes.  They may not look like the best players around but when they step on the floor they play like a unit on both ends of the floor.  They have overcome the size issues and are playing at the top of their game.  They do have a few 6-2 guys that are playing well.  Lets not forget we are in North Dakota and we aren't blessed with high flying players like other states.  There's not much difference between 6-2 and 6-5 right now.  In fact the best two jumpers I've seen the last few years were Jaden Voth 5-11 and James Smith from South Heart 6-1.

Trinity replaced their starters from last year quite well.  4 losses total with region 7's competition and Trinity's non-region schedule....that is a great season.

oh they r good and can be one of the top teams in the state but i dont think they could possibly have a team like last year
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby project-pat » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:36 pm

xcolt90 wrote:The thing about Trinity is they just have athletes.  They may not look like the best players around but when they step on the floor they play like a unit on both ends of the floor.  They have overcome the size issues and are playing at the top of their game.  They do have a few 6-2 guys that are playing well.  Lets not forget we are in North Dakota and we aren't blessed with high flying players like other states.  There's not much difference between 6-2 and 6-5 right now.  In fact the best two jumpers I've seen the last few years were Jaden Voth 5-11 and James Smith from South Heart 6-1.

That kid can get up there. I was surprised at how high he skied for those tips during districts. He looked a little scared to dunk it. He would leap up there at times, looking to slam one down, but just lay it in.
project-pat

Postby xcolt90 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:41 pm

sodadrinker,  That's what they said about their football team and they played for another state championship.
xcolt90

Postby sodadrinker » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:47 pm

xcolt90 wrote:sodadrinker,  That's what they said about their football team and they played for another state championship.

cuz cavalier isnt up there anymore
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Next

Return to Boys