Region 7-Tourney!!

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby rep » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:16 pm

NDball33 wrote:I have to disagree, this region 7 is not overrated.  This is a very tough region, some of the best players in the state come from this region.  However, one team in this region is overrated, the beulah miners.  They are a good team, but no where near the hype that they have been getting.  There are some very tough teams elsewhere, but the bulk of the talent is in region 7.

why do you think beulah been getting over-hyped? they were ranked no. 1 in the early polls, but from what i've heard pretty much everyone from there said, 'uh...we aren't the no. 1 team in the state'.

i don't think they even really get talked about much on here.
rep

Postby project-pat » Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:17 pm

ND_Fan wrote:
project-pat wrote:Derek Pauley? Donovan Breen? Thomas Burke?

Oh please...Ryan Ersnt is a pickup player. All he can do is shoot...he reminds me of Steve Kerr.

I take it you obviously know alot about Ryan Ernst from trinity don't ya? He's a simple pickup player is he??? Is that why he was on TV last year at the state tournament winning a state title while you were at home being tucked in for the night by your mommy?

Your profile says your from Bowman. Do i sense a little bit of sour feelings towards Trinity because they've been beating you for the last how many years?????

P.S.   Donovan WHO????? Burke? must be pretty tough since his team didnt even make it to regionals.

Ryan Ersnt can shoot the ball and that is it. He plays no defense and he is slow. A pickup player is someone who can just shoot the ball and nothing more. Just because he was on TV last year, that doesn't mean he's not a pickup player. All he did last year was come in and shoot 3's, which is what a PICKUP PLAYER does.

Donovan BREEN was the floor general for the 2nd best team in the state last year. He kept them together last year, so yeah he is pretty tough. You're thinking of Thomas burke, the District 13 senior athlete of the year, who would've made it to regionals if his team didn't have a run of bad luck.
project-pat

Postby sportsguy » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:33 am

I have watched a fair share of High School Basketball and I think it's safe to say Region 7 is NOT overated.  I think it is by far the deepest Region of any and what ever team comes out of the Region should be well respected and expected to go deep into the tourney.  After this all the Regions are OK.  Region six and eight should be competitive, but after that, if the top seed out of the other's don't make it, unless one of the teams plays out of their minds, don't expect much, because the other regions are down or have a good player, but not a good team.
sportsguy

Postby scruffy » Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:43 am

Region 7 is the toughest this year.  That doesn't mean it has the best TEAM in the state but overall their top tier teams are better. The are by far the DEEPEST region.
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby marchmadness10 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:16 am

project-pat wrote:
ND_Fan wrote:

Oh please...Ryan Ersnt is a pickup player. All he can do is shoot...he reminds me of Steve Kerr.

I take it you obviously know alot about Ryan Ernst from trinity don't ya? He's a simple pickup player is he??? Is that why he was on TV last year at the state tournament winning a state title while you were at home being tucked in for the night by your mommy?

Your profile says your from Bowman. Do i sense a little bit of sour feelings towards Trinity because they've been beating you for the last how many years?????

P.S.   Donovan WHO????? Burke? must be pretty tough since his team didnt even make it to regionals.

Ryan Ersnt can shoot the ball and that is it. He plays no defense and he is slow. A pickup player is someone who can just shoot the ball and nothing more. Just because he was on TV last year, that doesn't mean he's not a pickup player. All he did last year was come in and shoot 3's, which is what a PICKUP PLAYER does.

Donovan BREEN was the floor general for the 2nd best team in the state last year. He kept them together last year, so yeah he is pretty tough. You're thinking of Thomas burke, the District 13 senior athlete of the year, who would've made it to regionals if his team didn't have a run of bad luck.
Even if bowman would have made it to regionals i don't think that they would have been a big factor. They are a tough team don't get me wrong but they don't seem to be able to pull out a win when they need to. A few weeks ago they had trinity on the ropes and could have beat them but they gave up what a 8 point lead in the 3rd quarter.
marchmadness10
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ND_Fan » Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:13 am

project-pat wrote:
ND_Fan wrote:

Correct me if I am wrong, but i was at the Bowman vs Trinity regional championship game last year. Earnst, who you say can't play defense, guarded thomas burke(the DISTRICT 13 SENIOR ATHLETE OF THE YEAR) the entire game and held him to 2, thats right, 2 points in that game. Burke guarded Ersnt that game and gave up 20 points to him.

and another thing, i was in jamestown a couple months ago watching a DAC game between Jamestown and Dickinson State, and guess who was on the floor for DSU? mr. pickup player ernst. Im sure hes playin at the college level when all he can do is shoot. To me it seems that your just jealous that Bowman just can't quite ever beat trinity, so your taking your anger out on the ernst kid.
Last edited by ND_Fan on Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
ND_Fan

Postby ballin24/7 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:19 am

Haha wuta joke region 4!haha
ballin24/7
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ND_Fan » Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:24 am

ballin24/7 wrote:Haha wuta joke region 4!haha

Nice post. Region 4 is overrated
ND_Fan

Postby sodadrinker » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:46 am

ND_Fan wrote:

Nice post. Region 4 is overrated

except their teams earned their way into the top 10 in state and region 7 were pretty much given them at the beginning of they year and lost some games badly and went down.  i see ur point tho.
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby grizz » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:43 pm

Everyone should accept the fact that neither region is overrated. They both have good teams that worked hard to get their spot.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby fruit snack » Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:48 pm

we will see who gets to the big dance, every1 noes it wont be regions 7....lol
fruit snack

Postby feeshattack » Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:01 pm

grizz wrote:Everyone should accept the fact that neither region is overrated. They both have good teams that worked hard to get their spot.

i agree...  these posts dont go anywhere, everyone just says their region is better... we will see what really happens in the state tourney
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond all measure."
feeshattack
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby lambboy » Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:25 pm

Last edited by lambboy on Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lambboy
NDPreps Starter

Postby cityleaguer » Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:34 pm

ND_Fan wrote:
project-pat wrote:
ND_Fan wrote:

Correct me if I am wrong, but i was at the Bowman vs Trinity regional championship game last year. Earnst, who you say can't play defense, guarded thomas burke(the DISTRICT 13 SENIOR ATHLETE OF THE YEAR) the entire game and held him to 2, thats right, 2 points in that game. Burke guarded Ersnt that game and gave up 20 points to him.

and another thing, i was in jamestown a couple months ago watching a DAC game between Jamestown and Dickinson State, and guess who was on the floor for DSU? mr. pickup player ernst. Im sure hes playin at the college level when all he can do is shoot. To me it seems that your just jealous that Bowman just can't quite ever beat trinity, so your taking your anger out on the ernst kid.

Yeah....the thing about that is....Ryan Ernst should never have been playing college ball I'm sorry, his brother his 3 times the player he is. Even players on the team at the college have said he's not a college player. I mean the kid can't go 2 dribbles without getting it stolen or putting it off his foot.  And defensively...against Burke, I guess you could say the stars were aligned or something of that nature b/c something must have been wrong.
cityleaguer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby project-pat » Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:49 pm

cityleaguer wrote:
ND_Fan wrote:
project-pat wrote:
ND_Fan wrote:

Yeah....the thing about that is....Ryan Ernst should never have been playing college ball I'm sorry, his brother his 3 times the player he is. Even players on the team at the college have said he's not a college player. I mean the kid can't go 2 dribbles without getting it stolen or putting it off his foot.  And defensively...against Burke, I guess you could say the stars were aligned or something of that nature b/c something must have been wrong.

exactly, all the kid can do is shoot the 3. He needs alot of improvement on his defense and ball handling to be considered a college player. He has the size and shooting ability but that's about it.
project-pat

Postby ND_Fan » Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:57 pm

what is this a bash ernst thread? why are you even hating on him? he's been out of high school ball for a year now.
ND_Fan

Postby sodadrinker » Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:01 pm

ND_Fan wrote:what is this a bash ernst thread? why are you even hating on him? he's been out of high school ball for a year now.

the whole deal was that i said he couldnt be easily replaced and project pat has another view on it
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby project-pat » Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:03 pm

sodadrinker wrote:
ND_Fan wrote:what is this a bash ernst thread? why are you even hating on him? he's been out of high school ball for a year now.

the whole deal was that i said he couldnt be easily replaced and project pat has another view on it

He's already been replaced by a player like Morrey. Morrey can shoot the 3 and so much more that Ernst could not do such as playing defense, handling the ball, using his size, etc.
project-pat

Postby sodadrinker » Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:05 pm

project-pat wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:

He's already been replaced by a player like Morrey. Morrey can shoot the 3 and so much more that Ernst could not do such as playing defense, handling the ball, using his size, etc.
sorry but i guess i would rather take 5 threes in a state tournament game than have 2 descent games the whole regular season
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby project-pat » Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:12 pm

The kid is only a frosh, he is already twice the player Ersnt was when he was a freshmen.
project-pat

Postby sodadrinker » Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:16 pm

project-pat wrote:The kid is only a frosh, he is already twice the player Ersnt was when he was a freshmen.

i believe he is better now than most people r when they are freshman but according to u he is already better than ernst when he was a senior
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby ND_Fan » Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm

So your telling me ernst was a fluke selection on the State all-tourny team and in alot of ppl's books the state tourny MVP?
ND_Fan

Postby project-pat » Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:43 pm

Anyone who can hit 5 3's in a game should be considered one of the best at that time, but I'm just saying...that's all he can do.
project-pat

Postby sodadrinker » Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:44 pm

project-pat wrote:Anyone who can hit 5 3's in a game should be considered one of the best at that time, but I'm just saying...that's all he can do.

well those of us that never seen the rest of their games and only seen the state tourney and how he performed huge for his team in it would obviously think highly of him
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby grizz » Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:11 pm

He did play and shoot very well in the state tourny, but throughout the season he was very relaxed and lazy on defense.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

PreviousNext

Return to Boys