Region 7-Tourney!!

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby sodadrinker » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:52 pm

i have stated a bunch of facts from this year and all u guys can do is talk about last year and how these teams beat each other but u cant seem to come up with very good answers for me
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby iceman3 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:45 am

project-pat wrote:
xcolt90 wrote:The thing about Trinity is they just have athletes.  They may not look like the best players around but when they step on the floor they play like a unit on both ends of the floor.  They have overcome the size issues and are playing at the top of their game.  They do have a few 6-2 guys that are playing well.  Lets not forget we are in North Dakota and we aren't blessed with high flying players like other states.  There's not much difference between 6-2 and 6-5 right now.  In fact the best two jumpers I've seen the last few years were Jaden Voth 5-11 and James Smith from South Heart 6-1.

Trinity replaced their starters from last year quite well.  4 losses total with region 7's competition and Trinity's non-region schedule....that is a great season.

That kid can get up there. I was surprised at how high he skied for those tips during districts. He looked a little scared to dunk it. He would leap up there at times, looking to slam one down, but just lay it in.

[suP][font=georgia]he took 5th state last year in high jump as a freshman getting 6-2. thats pretty good for a freshman. anyways isnt this about the tournament.[/font][/suP]
Last edited by iceman3 on Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
iceman3

Postby grizz » Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:56 am

sodadrinker wrote:i have stated a bunch of facts from this year and all u guys can do is talk about last year and how these teams beat each other but u cant seem to come up with very good answers for me

What are you talking about??? They have come up with very good answers but you know the only way that those answers are going to satisfy you is if we say region 4 is better than region 7.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby heelsfan » Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:03 am

project-pat wrote:Derek Pauley? Donovan Breen? Thomas Burke?

Oh please...Ryan Ersnt is a pickup player. All he can do is shoot...he reminds me of Steve Kerr.

What kind of statement is that??  I'm not even a Trinity fan, but that is the biggest part of the game, shooting!!  Lets see, Steve Kerr was a good shooter, and he was in the NBA...that must make him a good player.  You figure it out.
heelsfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby grizz » Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:11 am

heelsfan wrote:

Oh please...Ryan Ersnt is a pickup player. All he can do is shoot...he reminds me of Steve Kerr.

What kind of statement is that??  I'm not even a Trinity fan, but that is the biggest part of the game, shooting!!  Lets see, Steve Kerr was a good shooter, and he was in the NBA...that must make him a good player.  You figure it out.

I agree with pat. Obviously shooting is part of the game, but defense is also very important, if not more important.

Offense sells tickets, defense wins games
Last edited by grizz on Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby heelsfan » Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:22 am

Also, the team with the most height advantage does not always win.  Like I said, it's a shooting game.  High school basketball is not even close to a post players game, especially in ND.  Another comment, people need to get over it when a rated or good team loses by 20 or 30.  Good teams can have a bad night.  So when Watford City beat Hazen by 30, big deal.  That wouldn't happen again.  When Watford beat Beulah by 10 or 15, it was in the last 2 minutes when they pulled ahead.  Scores are not a good reflection of how the game was played.
heelsfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby pacod » Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:33 am

heelsfan wrote:Also, the team with the most height advantage does not always win.  Like I said, it's a shooting game.  High school basketball is not even close to a post players game, especially in ND.  Another comment, people need to get over it when a rated or good team loses by 20 or 30.  Good teams can have a bad night.  So when Watford City beat Hazen by 30, big deal.  That wouldn't happen again.  When Watford beat Beulah by 10 or 15, it was in the last 2 minutes when they pulled ahead.  Scores are not a good reflection of how the game was played.

WOW!!!!! Man....who are you dude. If you don't think scores reflect on how a team played than your obviously a fan of the special olympics. I agree with you though....good teams could have a bad night, but can it happen again? Yes it can. Thats a crazy comment though man!!
pacod

Postby sodadrinker » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:28 am

grizz wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:i have stated a bunch of facts from this year and all u guys can do is talk about last year and how these teams beat each other but u cant seem to come up with very good answers for me

What are you talking about??? They have come up with very good answers but you know the only way that those answers are going to satisfy you is if we say region 4 is better than region 7.

no one has answered how trinity supposively is as good this year as last year and how they replaced them players.  any names u wanna throw out i know me and most other people in the state wont agree that their team isnt as good this year as last year
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby heelsfan » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:58 am

pacod wrote:
heelsfan wrote:Also, the team with the most height advantage does not always win.  Like I said, it's a shooting game.  High school basketball is not even close to a post players game, especially in ND.  Another comment, people need to get over it when a rated or good team loses by 20 or 30.  Good teams can have a bad night.  So when Watford City beat Hazen by 30, big deal.  That wouldn't happen again.  When Watford beat Beulah by 10 or 15, it was in the last 2 minutes when they pulled ahead.  Scores are not a good reflection of how the game was played.

WOW!!!!! Man....who are you dude. If you don't think scores reflect on how a team played than your obviously a fan of the special olympics. I agree with you though....good teams could have a bad night, but can it happen again? Yes it can. Thats a crazy comment though man!!
How is that crazy?  Early in the season Beulah beat TL-M by a few points.  After that, the entire state calls the team over-rated.  What they don't see is that Beulah pulled all of the starters in the Fourth quarter and TL-M left all their starters in.  So, a 20 point blow out turned into a win by only a  few points.  Do you think that reflects the entire game?  I can list more games like that...DUDE!
heelsfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby fish » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:12 am

I think the Mott/Regent vs. Killdeer game will be pretty good! These teams meet the first game of the season and Killdeer won by 12! Both teams have come along way since then it should be a good matchup! Also, the Hettinger vs. Trinity game should be good Hettinger lost a few weeks ago by 5! I smell a few upsets in the opening round of the Region 7 tournament!Anyone else have any thoughts?
fish
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Bearsfan » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:13 am

sodadrinker wrote:
grizz wrote:

no one has answered how trinity supposively is as good this year as last year and how they replaced them players.  any names u wanna throw out i know me and most other people in the state wont agree that their team isnt as good this year as last year

Yo Sodadrinker!!! They ain't the same team AT ALL!  You are right!  I have watched them over come what they are missing this year..... they have NO height and any team that knows how to pound it inside will destroy them.  That being said..... they are QUICK!!!  And you know as well as I do, well coached.  I know they won last year.... but I really didn't think they were the best team last year..... they just peaked at the right time.  Thats what its all about.  One bad game from now on and .... well... your season was forgettable! 
Bearsfan

Postby sodadrinker » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:23 am

Bearsfan wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:
grizz wrote:

Yo Sodadrinker!!! They ain't the same team AT ALL!  You are right!  I have watched them over come what they are missing this year..... they have NO height and any team that knows how to pound it inside will destroy them.  That being said..... they are QUICK!!!  And you know as well as I do, well coached.  I know they won last year.... but I really didn't think they were the best team last year..... they just peaked at the right time.  Thats what its all about.  One bad game from now on and .... well... your season was forgettable! 

thanks
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby sodadrinker » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:25 am

project-pat wrote:haha ryan ernst is a pretty easy player to replace. All that kid could do was shoot. I could go out in a varsity game and hit a couple 3's and call her a game, but my coach won't let me. I think Luke Steiner is a more difficult player to replace than ernst was.

if u can put up the number and do as well as ryan ernst i can replace payton tivis and chad glasser.  so im pretty much implying thats a joke
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby Weezy Baby » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:26 am

i think Trinity and Bowman were very equally matched, and it came down to that one game. Both of those teams would have won state, and absolutely both teams would have completely destroyed four winds. same thing is going to happen this year. Anyway, i think region 4 is good. they have a host of good teams, and they have to play each other, but nothing like region 7. obviously if you have a whole bunch of ranked teams in one region, they are going to fall, since they have to play each other. region 7 has about 5 great teams that play each other a couple times every year. that makes for a couple of big wins, and big losses.

lets not forget, 4winds barely won last night. so im not sure what their rank is now, but they are still a good team even if they fall in ranking, which is the point i have been trying to make all year.
Last edited by Weezy Baby on Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Weezy Baby

Postby sodadrinker » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:28 am

Weezy Baby wrote:i think Trinity and Bowman were very equally matched, and it came down to that one game. Both of those teams would have won state, and absolutely both teams would have completely destroyed four winds. same thing is going to happen this year. Anyway, i think region 4 is good. they have a host of good teams, and they have to play each other, but nothing like region 7. obviously if you have a whole bunch of ranked teams in one region, they are going to fall, since they have to play each other. region 7 has about 5 great teams that play each other a couple times every year. that makes for a couple of big wins, and big losses.

lets not forget, 4winds lost last night. so im not sure what their rank is now, but they are still a good team even if they fall in ranking, which is the point i have been trying to make all year.

4 winds won by 3 last night
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby sodadrinker » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:30 am

everyone in the state knows that the competition is the best in region 7 and no one questions that.  those 5 or 6 teams can all play with each other at a very high level.  the thing im trying to say is that those top 4 teams in the region arent the top 4 teams in the state.
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby Weezy Baby » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:35 am

i agree with you on that. im sure their are plenty of other teams in the state that could compete at a high level in region 7, but in their own region, their is less competition, and therefore they have better records. yah my bad about the lost too, i guess it was close but either way, my point is about loosing to good teams.
Last edited by Weezy Baby on Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Weezy Baby

Postby straightballer » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:46 am

project-pat wrote:
xcolt90 wrote:The thing about Trinity is they just have athletes.  They may not look like the best players around but when they step on the floor they play like a unit on both ends of the floor.  They have overcome the size issues and are playing at the top of their game.  They do have a few 6-2 guys that are playing well.  Lets not forget we are in North Dakota and we aren't blessed with high flying players like other states.  There's not much difference between 6-2 and 6-5 right now.  In fact the best two jumpers I've seen the last few years were Jaden Voth 5-11 and James Smith from South Heart 6-1.

Trinity replaced their starters from last year quite well.  4 losses total with region 7's competition and Trinity's non-region schedule....that is a great season.

That kid can get up there. I was surprised at how high he skied for those tips during districts. He looked a little scared to dunk it. He would leap up there at times, looking to slam one down, but just lay it in.

He has dunked in practice and in warm ups. dont be suprised if him and schmeling are slammin on a regular basis next year.
straightballer

Postby straightballer » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:49 am

sodadrinker wrote:
grizz wrote:

I dont think you should be lookin past trinity. Keithley and Rising are amazing and Barth works his butt off down low. They might not be as tall as last year but they still have great athletes and they have the best coach in the state, they are always ready to go come tournament time. They wont lose to Hazen again in the regional ship

straightballer

Postby xcolt90 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:57 am

I've seen Trinity play a few times this year and Hettinger the other day in the district.  Trinity will have an easy first round game.  Hettinger isn't ready to compete with Trinity yet.  No matter what the score was the first time they played.
xcolt90

Postby NDSUbison! » Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:50 pm

sodadrinker, Show me where i says that their team is even as close as good as last year. Last year was about as close to a dream team as can be. They were real tough. And they are tough this year. Your just mad FW got absolutly stomped last year and it WILL happen again this year. And also....about your 6'6 kid...idk if trinity has ever had a kid that was 6'6
Last edited by NDSUbison! on Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NDSUbison!

Postby baller01 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:54 pm

heelsfan wrote:
pacod wrote:

How is that crazy?  Early in the season Beulah beat TL-M by a few points.  After that, the entire state calls the team over-rated.  What they don't see is that Beulah pulled all of the starters in the Fourth quarter and TL-M left all their starters in.  So, a 20 point blow out turned into a win by only a  few points.  Do you think that reflects the entire game?  I can list more games like that...DUDE!

I actually agree with heelsfan. Scores don't exactly show how the game went. It can go both ways, good and bad. Maybe a team was getting blowin out the whole game and with 2 mintutes left they got hot and hit 3 3's. So instead of them losing by 20 they lost by 11, even though they got out played the whole game.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sodadrinker » Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:24 pm

baller01 wrote:
heelsfan wrote:
pacod wrote:

I actually agree with heelsfan. Scores don't exactly show how the game went. It can go both ways, good and bad. Maybe a team was getting blowin out the whole game and with 2 mintutes left they got hot and hit 3 3's. So instead of them losing by 20 they lost by 11, even though they got out played the whole game.

when wells county played nr this year in the cndc they were up 64-28 with about 2 minutes left in the 3rd quarter and they pulled the starters and it ended up being about a 20 point game
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby ND_Fan » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:57 pm

I take it you obviously know alot about Ryan Ernst from trinity don't ya? He's a simple pickup player is he??? Is that why he was on TV last year at the state tournament winning a state title while you were at home being tucked in for the night by your mommy?

Your profile says your from Bowman. Do i sense a little bit of sour feelings towards Trinity because they've been beating you for the last how many years?????

P.S.   Donovan WHO????? Burke? must be pretty tough since his team didnt even make it to regionals.
Last edited by ND_Fan on Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ND_Fan

Postby Flyer » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:04 am

How did Bowman not make it into regionals??? I know they didn't win enough games but what went wrong..That district isn't very good and I thought, according to people on here that Bowman could compete with the top teams in Region 7??
Flyer

PreviousNext

Return to Boys