Top 5 Classiest Players

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby sodadrinker » Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:31 pm

threepointplay wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:
yeah boys yeah boys yeah wrote:I would have to disagree with Bakkum being a classy player. If he makes a three pointer, he's always taunting you, and is very cocky and arrogant.  He never acts with sportsmanship.

u must play for strasburg or just be from there and ur alittle upset cuz he hushed the crowd after he hit a 3
doesn't sound very classy to me

ya that might have been alittle out of line but if u know him its different.  he gets alittle carried away on the court but off the court he would never admit anything good about himself.
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby baller01 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:52 pm

Tommy Dwyer is a real classy guy.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby The Schwab » Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:33 pm

the mask wrote:
horne98 wrote:i think we are lukcy this year in class b to have our top players be really class acts. Bakkum, Lorenz, and Ironheart are really good guys. These kids have showed heart and dertmination and also a love and respect of the game. And what I have heard all of them are good students and community members.
is that why lorenz got suspended a game for kickin and punching lockers and garbage cans after their loss to larimore???? lorenz is just like any other player got an attitude at times but yet a good guy
No he was not suspended a game....quit making up stuff.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby threepointplay » Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:42 pm

The Schwab wrote:
the mask wrote:
horne98 wrote:i think we are lukcy this year in class b to have our top players be really class acts. Bakkum, Lorenz, and Ironheart are really good guys. These kids have showed heart and dertmination and also a love and respect of the game. And what I have heard all of them are good students and community members.
is that why lorenz got suspended a game for kickin and punching lockers and garbage cans after their loss to larimore???? lorenz is just like any other player got an attitude at times but yet a good guy

I heard that he did, he didn't play in one game what was the reasoning for it?
threepointplay
NDPreps Reserve

Postby The Schwab » Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:44 pm

which game are you talking about....was it the game he got injured in....when people make up stuff it makes them look bad.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:25 am

threepointplay wrote:
The Schwab wrote:
the mask wrote:

someone like the mask would be a perfect person to work as a sportswriter.  putting out a ridiculous story without anything to back it up, and before you say well i heard it from someone, dont, because you probably didn't hear it from someone and just dont like mpcg so are looking for anything you can to make their best player look bad
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby feeshattack » Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:40 am

baller01 wrote:Tommy Dwyer is a real classy guy.

tommy dwyer? is that the kid from shiloh?...... he is not classy, he is an out of control gaurd that can occasionally hit the open 3
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond all measure."
feeshattack
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:05 am

feeshattack wrote:

tommy dwyer? is that the kid from shiloh?...... he is not classy, he is an out of control gaurd that can occasionally hit the open 3

so what would any of that have to do with his class

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baller01 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:19 pm

cdub1 wrote:
feeshattack wrote:

Out of control? Good one... An occasional three? You are really funny... And ya, what does that have to do with his class?
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sodadrinker » Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:23 pm

cdub1 wrote:
feeshattack wrote:

maybe he took it as 5 guys that play classic fundamental basketball
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby NDdominator » Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:32 pm

[user=1700]sodadrinker[/user] wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
feeshattack wrote:

Hes solid hes only a soph. but yea on class hes definetely but all the shiloh teams are usually DT, also has a very class team it mostly is consistent w/ the coach linton as a team is usually classy
NDdominator

Postby baller01 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:33 pm

NDdominator wrote:[user=1700]sodadrinker[/user] wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
feeshattack wrote:

Hes solid hes only a soph. but yea on class hes definetely but all the shiloh teams are usually DT, also has a very class team it mostly is consistent w/ the coach linton as a team is usually classy

That is a good point you made. The three teams you mention all have great coaches.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby thundastruck. » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:46 pm

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:
threepointplay wrote:
The Schwab wrote:
the mask wrote:

someone like the mask would be a perfect person to work as a sportswriter.  putting out a ridiculous story without anything to back it up, and before you say well i heard it from someone, dont, because you probably didn't hear it from someone and just dont like mpcg so are looking for anything you can to make their best player look bad

nothing ever goes wrong in mayville.  its a perfect town with a perfect team lead by a perfect coach and the all american perfect kid. 
Last edited by thundastruck. on Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thundastruck.

Postby sportsjunkie » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:03 pm

sportsjunkie wrote:Logan Carblom from Lisbon takes calls well.... he ask what he did wrong and then just smiles and runs down the court.... also when he scores or does something good he just keeps playin with no stupid looking celebrations or anything.... he's a very humble player and he gets along with everyone on the floor.

Heres another reason Carblom is the classiest... in the district championship against Hankinson Carblom ran Mauch over pertty hard and as soon as the whistle blew to call a foul Carblom grab Mauch and pulled him up and gave him a smile and a pat on the butt.  Carblom gets along with about anybody on the floor I've even seen him crack jokes with the refs when theres a dead ball.
sportsjunkie
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Aaronih » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:51 am

Tony Ironheart's the same way w/FW hes always talking with the coaches on both sides and the refs too..even if he got called for a foul he raises his hand and goes about his bis..plus hes also a honor-roll student and a good roll model for all these young kids around our community to look up too.but all these young men are class acts fellas...
be a leader not a follower..
Aaronih
NDPreps Starter

Postby The Schwab » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:55 am

thundastruck. wrote:
threepointplay wrote:
The Schwab wrote:
the mask wrote:

nothing ever goes wrong in mayville.  its a perfect town with a perfect team lead by a perfect coach and the all american perfect kid.
well....dont bring up rumors trying to make a kid look bad...unless you can back them up..
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby threepointplay » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:57 am

The Schwab wrote:
thundastruck. wrote:
threepointplay wrote:
The Schwab wrote:
the mask wrote:

well....dont bring up rumors trying to make a kid look bad...unless you can back them up..

But how can back it up that they're not true, were you in the locker room?
threepointplay
NDPreps Reserve

Postby The Schwab » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:58 am

asked players on the team, coaches on the team....and luke himself
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby beachy » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:59 am

sportsjunkie wrote:
sportsjunkie wrote:Logan Carblom from Lisbon takes calls well.... he ask what he did wrong and then just smiles and runs down the court.... also when he scores or does something good he just keeps playin with no stupid looking celebrations or anything.... he's a very humble player and he gets along with everyone on the floor.

Heres another reason Carblom is the classiest... in the district championship against Hankinson Carblom ran Mauch over pertty hard and as soon as the whistle blew to call a foul Carblom grab Mauch and pulled him up and gave him a smile and a pat on the butt.  Carblom gets along with about anybody on the floor I've even seen him crack jokes with the refs when theres a dead ball.

That also is bc they are very good friends as they played eci all summer together... stayed together... logan is a great guy though
beachy
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsjunkie » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:43 am

beachy wrote:
sportsjunkie wrote:

That also is bc they are very good friends as they played eci all summer together... stayed together... logan is a great guy though
Yeah i know they are very good friends.
sportsjunkie
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:08 am

Aaronih wrote:Tony Ironheart's the same way w/FW hes always talking with the coaches on both sides and the refs too..even if he got called for a foul he raises his hand and goes about his bis..plus hes also a honor-roll student and a good roll model for all these young kids around our community to look up too.but all these young men are class acts fellas...

To me, Ironheart is the classiest player I've seen in years.  He never argues a call, never has a bad attitude with teammates, talks politely with all coaches and refs, always has great sportsmanship, and never takes a play off.  Not to mention he is a great player and honor student.  I have talked to some of his former teachers and they say he displays the same traits in the classroom as he does on the court.  He is a great role model for all young players, especially in his community/area.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby mags » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:26 am

i have played against a lot of different kids and the result at the end of the game is usually the same... that being .. u usually dont get along with the other team.. or u usually end up thinking they r lame ... with that said jordan peterson from our redeemers.. in my opinion good guy.. he plays hard and maybe could be referred to as a "balla" by the way he plays.. he is not a brick and isnt out there just to irritate u like most kids try to do
mags
NDPreps Starter

Postby power-aid14 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:26 pm

mags wrote:i have played against a lot of different kids and the result at the end of the game is usually the same... that being .. u usually dont get along with the other team.. or u usually end up thinking they r lame ... with that said jordan peterson from our redeemers.. in my opinion good guy.. he plays hard and maybe could be referred to as a "balla" by the way he plays.. he is not a brick and isnt out there just to irritate u like most kids try to do

mags, sorry to say it but, region 6 basketball is mostly ignored on this site
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sodadrinker » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:29 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:
Aaronih wrote:Tony Ironheart's the same way w/FW hes always talking with the coaches on both sides and the refs too..even if he got called for a foul he raises his hand and goes about his bis..plus hes also a honor-roll student and a good roll model for all these young kids around our community to look up too.but all these young men are class acts fellas...

To me, Ironheart is the classiest player I've seen in years.  He never argues a call, never has a bad attitude with teammates, talks politely with all coaches and refs, always has great sportsmanship, and never takes a play off.  Not to mention he is a great player and honor student.  I have talked to some of his former teachers and they say he displays the same traits in the classroom as he does on the court.  He is a great role model for all young players, especially in his community/area.

just as we talk him up he gets a technical tonight.  wow
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby ClassBballa » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:35 pm

sodadrinker wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:

just as we talk him up he gets a technical tonight.  wow

yeah i saw that, did he swear? i think it was the right call anyways, he is an incredible player but he does carry the ball on some of his moves. i still wish i could do half the stuff he does tho.
We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. I just can't figure out where else to play!

I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out.
ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

PreviousNext

Return to Boys