Top 5 Classiest Players

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby cdub1 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:45 pm

there now we have a topic for this

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sodadrinker » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:15 pm

dont know what theyre like in bball but from playin them in baseball, 3 on 3 tourneys, and football, aaron delvo and jason novacek r to of the best guys ive played against. 
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby region 2 opinion » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:23 pm

sodadrinker wrote:dont know what theyre like in bball but from playin them in baseball, 3 on 3 tourneys, and football, aaron delvo and jason novacek r to of the best guys ive played against. 

Paul Meyer fron NB is a class act. No matter the call he nods his head and agrees. I have also heard from the area refs that he is a great kid to ref for. That is as good a complement as you can get!!

region 2 opinion
NDPreps Starter

Postby magic715 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:40 pm

District 12 classiest players, for me this is players that dont complain and dont show up other players or teams, but they also have to be good. 1)Shane Heidel;2)Austin Vetter;3)Seth Wisthoff;4)Brooks Backes;5)Tim Ranum
Last edited by magic715 on Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
magic715

Postby PA42 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:38 am

i think we are lukcy this year in class b to have our top players be really class acts. Bakkum, Lorenz, and Ironheart are really good guys. These kids have showed heart and dertmination and also a love and respect of the game. And what I have heard all of them are good students and community members.
PA42

Postby power-aid14 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:09 am

very true
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby basketballer » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:19 am

Caleb Shockman from LaMoure never complains about any call even if he (in my opinion) really gets jipped. I would say he is in the top 5.
Last edited by basketballer on Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
basketballer

Postby sportsjunkie » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:35 am

Logan Carblom from Lisbon takes calls well.... he ask what he did wrong and then just smiles and runs down the court.... also when he scores or does something good he just keeps playin with no stupid looking celebrations or anything.... he's a very humble player and he gets along with everyone on the floor.
sportsjunkie
NDPreps Reserve

Postby observer » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:19 am

You're right about that!  And with his ability he could be really cocky and a real hotdog but he's a team player like the rest of his team.
observer

Postby Mauer07 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:37 pm

Who do you think are some of the classiest players from Region 7??
You can't measure the heart of a champion
Mauer07
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Akadema » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:09 pm

sportsjunkie wrote:Logan Carblom from Lisbon takes calls well.... he ask what he did wrong and then just smiles and runs down the court.... also when he scores or does something good he just keeps playin with no stupid looking celebrations or anything.... he's a very humble player and he gets along with everyone on the floor.

I agree with you on that one. Logan always plays hard and never lets his emotions get the best of him. Another guy from Lisbon with class is Patrick Daugherty, Carblom and Daugherty are the leaders on that team and they do a very good job of representing Lisbon in a positive way.
Akadema
NDPreps Reserve

Postby yeah boys yeah boys yeah » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:28 pm

I would have to disagree with Bakkum being a classy player. If he makes a three pointer, he's always taunting you, and is very cocky and arrogant.  He never acts with sportsmanship.
yeah boys yeah boys yeah

Postby rep » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:31 pm

yeah boys yeah boys yeah wrote:I would have to disagree with Bakkum being a classy player. If he makes a three pointer, he's always taunting you, and is very cocky and arrogant.  He never acts with sportsmanship.

untrue.
rep

Postby baller01 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:34 pm

rep wrote:
yeah boys yeah boys yeah wrote:I would have to disagree with Bakkum being a classy player. If he makes a three pointer, he's always taunting you, and is very cocky and arrogant.  He never acts with sportsmanship.

untrue.

Very untrue. People always think he is taunting and acting cocky becuase he is so good and people are just jealous.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ClassBballa » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:36 pm

rep wrote:

untrue.

when he makes a three he is pumped up and excited which is a good thing. He may take it a little far sometimes but so do a lot of ppl. I wouldn't say he is showing bad sportsmanship. Some ppl like to get in the head of thier opponents and get them rattled.
We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. I just can't figure out where else to play!

I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out.
ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby football07 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:26 pm

I would have to agree that Bakkum is a humble player.  I have played against him and he gets very excited.  No matter if it is a pass or shot.  He loves watching his other teammates do well.  That is what high school basketball is all about.  If you, as a player drop a three in his face or make a tough shot over him, like I have done a few times, he will let you know that you made a good shot and commend you.  He and the rest of the great high school athletes are bringing this game to a higher level, in athleticism and the development of young men.
football07
NDPreps Rookie

Postby sportsperson » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:32 pm

Lucas Cayko from Trenton is one of the classiest guys I've ever seen play basketball and one of the most fun to watch.  He just goes out there and has fun while playing excellent basketball.  He might also be the most underrated player in the state.
sportsperson
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:45 pm

baller01 wrote:
rep wrote:

untrue.

Very untrue. People always think he is taunting and acting cocky becuase he is so good and people are just jealous.

theres a difference between saying "give me the ball im on fire" and "he cant guard me"
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby cdub1 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:45 pm

baseball wrote:
baller01 wrote:
rep wrote:

untrue.

theres a difference between saying "give me the ball im on fire" and "he cant guard me"

not really hes being very confident and he is most likely right saying either of them

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:48 pm

cdub1 wrote:
baseball wrote:
baller01 wrote:
rep wrote:

untrue.

not really hes being very confident and he is most likely right saying either of them

the 1st one is confidence, the 2nd is cockiness.  he could say both yes but he would never say the 2nd
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baller01 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:50 pm

baseball wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
baseball wrote:
baller01 wrote:
rep wrote:

untrue.

the 1st one is confidence, the 2nd is cockiness.  he could say both yes but he would never say the 2nd

I agree. Saying "give me the ball I'm on fire" isn't being cocky at all. You are just saying that you feel you are shooting good and want more shots. It has nothing to do with anyone else. The second one is aimed at your oppenent. If you say "he can't guard me" then you are calling out that player.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:20 pm

u must play for strasburg or just be from there and ur alittle upset cuz he hushed the crowd after he hit a 3
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:52 pm

sodadrinker wrote:

u must play for strasburg or just be from there and ur alittle upset cuz he hushed the crowd after he hit a 3

that was amazing...hahahaha:D
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:18 pm

baseball wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:

that was amazing...hahahaha:D

ya i never seen it but someone who was at the game told me
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby threepointplay » Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:28 pm

sodadrinker wrote:

doesn't sound very classy to me
threepointplay
NDPreps Reserve

Next

Return to Boys