Best 3 pt shooter

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby sodadrinker » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:33 pm

grizz wrote:What year is he??

junior im pretty sure
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby the mask » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:36 pm

tyler cosset from kindred is dangerous from beyond
you don't have to win championships to be considered a good team
the mask
NDPreps Starter

Postby InTheKnow » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:43 pm

ClassBballa wrote:
InTheKnow wrote:
AAfootballfan wrote:If everyone writing on this topics doesn't say Nathanial or Neil Packineau you haven't seen them play because there isn't a better shooter out there than these two guys.  They can shoot from 25 ft with guys all over them and make shots that look impossible go in....my vote is Nathanial Packineau for sure!

The stats dont lie with Packineu. 55 made at a 47% clip. Anybody under 40 at this point in the season, wipe them off the ballot as far as a threat beyond the arc because that isnt even averaging 2 made 3-pointers a game.

Geezs where did all the deadly shooters go? I made 55 in 22 games my senior year back in the mid 90's and i didnt even crack the top 10 in the state in 3-pointers made that year. This year i would be anywhere from second to probably 6th??? Guys get in the gym and learn how to shot the ball. But dont just shoot to shoot. Work on your form. Good form makes a HUGE difference.

maybe teams actually play defense in this millenium. and most people probably don't shoot half as many threes as you threw up. I know kids that spend hours of their own time in the gym shooting good basketball shots, they just have 4 other good players on the floor and don't need to take 10 three point attempts a game.

You actually think that the defense is better now then it was then??? The stat I am looking at is the percentage. Sure you can cast them all day but what is your percentage. If you shoot 40% and attempt only 5 a game that is 44 made over 22 games. Is that really asking that much of a great shooter. That is a little over 1 attempt a quarter.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby player10 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:45 am

I personally think that Justin Haugland from Divide County can really shoot the tre. For only a freshman, he is a huge part of the Maroons. I have only seen them play a few times but against Tioga, he made 5 threes and one was a bomb. and also he had a wide open layup, but pulls up..... swish
Last edited by player10 on Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
player10
NDPreps Reserve

Postby whatsit2u » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:35 pm

sodadrinker wrote:
grizz wrote:What year is he??

junior im pretty sure

yes hes is a junior
whatsit2u
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ilove_basketball » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:30 pm

Tucker Bartlet for BCN had 6 in the district game against Lamoure and ended up with 34 overall this year and he is a freshmen and also Kyle Heinze had 30 overall this year and he is a freshmen
ilove_basketball
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hoop_fan1 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:35 am

ilove_basketball wrote:Tucker Bartlet for BCN had 6 in the district game against Lamoure and ended up with 34 overall this year and he is a freshmen and also Kyle Heinze had 30 overall this year and he is a freshmen

& I saw they both shoot at a pretty high % too.   That is amazing, 2 freshman like that, will be fun to watch!
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rumbles » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:25 am

hoop_fan1 wrote:
ilove_basketball wrote:Tucker Bartlet for BCN had 6 in the district game against Lamoure and ended up with 34 overall this year and he is a freshmen and also Kyle Heinze had 30 overall this year and he is a freshmen

& I saw they both shoot at a pretty high % too.   That is amazing, 2 freshman like that, will be fun to watch!
These guys are both incredible not only at three point shooting but all-round their both gonna be very good in a couple of years
rumbles
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby threepointplay » Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:25 pm

Ben Holen from Lamoure
threepointplay
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baller01 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:31 pm

threepointplay wrote:Ben Holen from Lamoure

Ben is more of a mid-range jumpshot kind of guy. He isn't a bad 3-point shooter but his free throw line jumper is way better then his deep ball.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby threepointplay » Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:35 pm

baller01 wrote:

Ben is more of a mid-range jumpshot kind of guy. He isn't a bad 3-point shooter but his free throw line jumper is way better then his deep ball.

his free throw line jumper is a thing of beauty
threepointplay
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baller01 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:36 pm

threepointplay wrote:
baller01 wrote:

his free throw line jumper is a thing of beauty

Ya. I guess I don't see him as really as a 3 point shooter. He definately can hit it but to me he is more of a come off a screen hit you with a 15 foot jumper, or catch the ball on the right wing, 1 or 2 dribbles towards the elbow and pull up.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby A_50_h » Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:57 pm

I think Daniel Nies from Ashey was a real tough three point shooter for ashley last year.  He was a big guy that could step out and shoot it and really gave them a dimension that was real tough to guard.  I think he shot over 40% the last 2 years.  Real good for a guy over 6'4". 
A_50_h
NDPreps Rookie

Postby baller01 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:59 pm

A_50_h wrote:I think Daniel Nies from Ashey was a real tough three point shooter for ashley last year.  He was a big guy that could step out and shoot it and really gave them a dimension that was real tough to guard.  I think he shot over 40% the last 2 years.  Real good for a guy over 6'4". 

Haha now that you are on the right forum, I will definately agree with you on that. Dan could flat out shoot the ball. I think his perimeter game was a little overlooked last year with Delzer and Knoll but the kid could flat out shoot. Not to mention one of the nicer guys out there too.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby classbfans » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:03 am

My vote goes to Tucker Bartlett from BCN-he does not have the most 3's during the season but has a better percentage in shooting them. Look for him to shoot the lights out this week in Jamestown.
classbfans
NDPreps Rookie

Postby True Fan » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:39 am

I have seen a ton of B and A games this year, and haven't seen anyone that can flat out shoot it like Austin Dufault.  Not only does he have a beautiful jumper, but he can square up and hit the jumper coming off picks, in the open court, and off the dribble.  And coming from a 6-7 kid it is even more impressive that he has those kind of skills.
True Fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cdub1 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:06 pm

True Fan wrote:I have seen a ton of B and A games this year, and haven't seen anyone that can flat out shoot it like Austin Dufault.  Not only does he have a beautiful jumper, but he can square up and hit the jumper coming off picks, in the open court, and off the dribble.  And coming from a 6-7 kid it is even more impressive that he has those kind of skills.

i know hes a but i would say the best shooter in the state i have seen is taylor bruhschwein i have actually seen him go perfect in warm ups not missing a shot

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby berry186 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:09 pm

warm ups dont mean anything i have never seen him play so i wont say anything but you ever heard of practice player
berry186
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:10 pm

berry186 wrote:warm ups dont mean anything i have never seen him play so i wont say anything but you ever heard of practice player

ya ryan nadeau was the best practice player i have seen but i know bruhschwein had over 50 3's as a sophomore and over 40 this year

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby u no it » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:33 pm

rumbles wrote:
hoop_fan1 wrote:

These guys are both incredible not only at three point shooting but all-round their both gonna be very good in a couple of years
omg rumbles u like want every guy thats good!!!!!!!!settle down jezz
u no it

Postby rumbles » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:43 am

[user=2079]u no it[/user] wrote:
rumbles wrote:
hoop_fan1 wrote:

omg rumbles u like want every guy thats good!!!!!!!!settle down jezz
i bet you think your the best player in the state dont ya. whats your problem i just put one thing down and you call me gay whats up with that ithught you were my friend
rumbles
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby marchmadness10 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:10 am

dufualt went crazy last night against mott from three. He had 30 points in all.
marchmadness10
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Mailman_25 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:15 am

Sampson from Oak Grove is a very good 3-pt shooter
Mailman_25
NDPreps Starter

Postby grizz » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:02 pm

marchmadness10 wrote:dufualt went crazy last night against mott from three. He had 30 points in all.

Yeah he did. I dont know why he doesn't just pull up the 3 ball everytime considering he has no other team except Wheeling.
Last edited by grizz on Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby marchmadness10 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:49 pm

grizz wrote:
marchmadness10 wrote:dufualt went crazy last night against mott from three. He had 30 points in all.

Yeah he did. I dont know why he doesn't just pull up the 3 ball everytime considering he has no other team except Wheeling.

o c'mon dufault has gaugler at his side what more could you want.
marchmadness10
NDPreps Reserve

PreviousNext

Return to Boys