Best 3 pt shooter

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby sodadrinker » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:23 pm

football07 wrote:Bakkum.  Most three's in the state with Packineau following closely in second.

here u go
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:08 pm

carpenter from north border is a good three point shooter, i donno how many on the year but he's had a few games where he's made 6 three's and many when he's made 2+.  otto from pr, littlejohn from d-st, enger and mozinski from m-m.  dustin klath is a very accurate three point shooter but playing for mpcg probably doesnt get enough shot attempts to put him in the top statistical categories
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby InTheKnow » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:32 pm

AAfootballfan wrote:If everyone writing on this topics doesn't say Nathanial or Neil Packineau you haven't seen them play because there isn't a better shooter out there than these two guys.  They can shoot from 25 ft with guys all over them and make shots that look impossible go in....my vote is Nathanial Packineau for sure!

The stats dont lie with Packineu. 55 made at a 47% clip. Anybody under 40 at this point in the season, wipe them off the ballot as far as a threat beyond the arc because that isnt even averaging 2 made 3-pointers a game.

Geezs where did all the deadly shooters go? I made 55 in 22 games my senior year back in the mid 90's and i didnt even crack the top 10 in the state in 3-pointers made that year. This year i would be anywhere from second to probably 6th??? Guys get in the gym and learn how to shot the ball. But dont just shoot to shoot. Work on your form. Good form makes a HUGE difference.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby PA42 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:48 am

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:carpenter from north border is a good three point shooter, i donno how many on the year but he's had a few games where he's made 6 three's and many when he's made 2+.  otto from pr, littlejohn from d-st, enger and mozinski from m-m.  dustin klath is a very accurate three point shooter but playing for mpcg probably doesnt get enough shot attempts to put him in the top statistical categories
Dustin is a good player but i would never think of putting him in this category. Honestly if he would not have hit five threes vs. dakota prairie would he be mentioned. I having nothing against dustin he is solid but i just don't think anyone from mpcg should be in this discussion.
PA42

Postby football07 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:18 am

Bakkum has 60 3's on the year, 9 of which came in one game. 
football07
NDPreps Rookie

Postby InTheKnow » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:21 am

football07 wrote:Bakkum has 60 3's on the year, 9 of which came in one game. 

Bakkum is a great shooter but second behind Packineau because of shooting percentage. Bakkum is at 40%. Packineau is at 47%.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby hoop_fan1 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:41 am

InTheKnow wrote:
AAfootballfan wrote:If everyone writing on this topics doesn't say Nathanial or Neil Packineau you haven't seen them play because there isn't a better shooter out there than these two guys.  They can shoot from 25 ft with guys all over them and make shots that look impossible go in....my vote is Nathanial Packineau for sure!

The stats dont lie with Packineu. 55 made at a 47% clip. Anybody under 40 at this point in the season, wipe them off the ballot as far as a threat beyond the arc because that isnt even averaging 2 made 3-pointers a game.

Geezs where did all the deadly shooters go? I made 55 in 22 games my senior year back in the mid 90's and i didnt even crack the top 10 in the state in 3-pointers made that year. This year i would be anywhere from second to probably 6th??? Guys get in the gym and learn how to shot the ball. But dont just shoot to shoot. Work on your form. Good form makes a HUGE difference.

You're wrong on your stats, the Packineau with 55 makes is shooting them at 40.4%

the other one (Neil) has shot 47%, but only made 20.  So Bakkum has more makes at a higher % than Nathaniel.  Either way they're both on top in the state.
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby fish » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:04 am

I think that you definelty have to throw Brade Schweitzer and Devan Laufer from Mott/Regent in there. They both have led the Wildifre throughout the season!
fish
NDPreps Reserve

Postby heelsfan » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:37 am

InTheKnow wrote:

It does seem like there are less deadly shooters!  I think I had around 70-80 3-pointers and another on the team had over 100 and we didn't make the top 10 either in the mid nineties.  All of the games I've watched this year are a lot slower paced.
heelsfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Bearsfan » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:30 am

heelsfan wrote:
InTheKnow wrote:

It does seem like there are less deadly shooters!  I think I had around 70-80 3-pointers and another on the team had over 100 and we didn't make the top 10 either in the mid nineties.  All of the games I've watched this year are a lot slower paced.

WOW!!!  That mustve been a pretty impressive team, the 2 of you averaged over 9-3 pointers per game!!  Must not have let anyone else shoot the ball.  If you averaged 50% from the arc (which is unbelieveably high) you were throwing up over 18-3 point attempts per game.
Bearsfan

Postby sodadrinker » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:31 am

doesnt mean that the guys now arent as good of shooters just that they dont shoot as many threes
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby ClassBballa » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:44 am

InTheKnow wrote:

maybe teams actually play defense in this millenium. and most people probably don't shoot half as many threes as you threw up. I know kids that spend hours of their own time in the gym shooting good basketball shots, they just have 4 other good players on the floor and don't need to take 10 three point attempts a game.
We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. I just can't figure out where else to play!

I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out.
ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby J-Rod34 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:58 am

He gets my vote to, Thanks AAfootballfan.
J-Rod34

Postby 32 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:42 pm

C.J. Ironheart for sure, hits them in ur face with ease. hes the best.
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sodadrinker » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:18 pm

32 wrote:C.J. Ironheart for sure, hits them in ur face with ease. hes the best.

i was told earlier today he has 67 on the year.  anyone with more than that
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:23 pm

sodadrinker wrote:

Bakkum has 68 after districts.  was Ironheart before or after districts that he has 67
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby sodadrinker » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:24 pm

baseball wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:

Bakkum has 68 after districts.  was Ironheart before or after districts that he has 67

couldnt tell u but i was told the number today so it could be either
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:27 pm

either way 67 is very impressive
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby sodadrinker » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:28 pm

very true

sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby classb_fan00 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:56 pm

Ben Holen lit it up in the district 5 championship game the other night. I think he hit like 5 3's. He impressed me.
I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby grizz » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:24 pm

Is he from 4W?? (I'm not being sarcastic either)
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby sodadrinker » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:27 pm

grizz wrote:

Is he from 4W?? (I'm not being sarcastic either)

ya he is
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby grizz » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:29 pm

What year is he??
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby InTheKnow » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:31 pm

hoop_fan1 wrote:
InTheKnow wrote:

You're wrong on your stats, the Packineau with 55 makes is shooting them at 40.4%

the other one (Neil) has shot 47%, but only made 20.  So Bakkum has more makes at a higher % than Nathaniel.  Either way they're both on top in the state.

I apologize for the mis info. Didnt notice there were two of them. I got those stats from NDHSAA.com
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby grizz » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:32 pm

InTheKnow wrote:I apologize for the mis info. Didnt notice there were two of them. I got those stats from NDHSAA.com

I forgive you Known
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

PreviousNext

Return to Boys