Velva? Not moving on!

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby dynasty2 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:59 am

It comes down to a bunch of kid kids who think because they win in football will win in basketabll. Not true. They have enough athletes to win regular season games but in the big ones they are very bad. The attention they get is because people think they should be good.... not because they are. Don't blame a coach trying to deal with those kids and PARENTS. Terrible situation.
dynasty2

Postby BB11 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:03 am

Very well stated
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby Aaron50_07 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:12 am

kid Kids Huh, Come say that to my face.
Aaron50_07
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sodadrinker » Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:16 am

haha oh jeez
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby ClassBballa » Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:35 am

DANG!! I wanna watch this!! :box:
We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. I just can't figure out where else to play!

I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out.
ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby uconn_8 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:35 am

Ok, lets not get out of hand now. The players don't expect to win in bb just because they do in fb. If you've watched them in the past 3 or 4 years, they've had the talent to make it to state. Its just been a matter of getting it done when it counts. We don't need to start calling out fights on here either.  And to BB11,  I wouldn't call their season one bad game.  They had losses to some pretty mediocre teams during the season too. Things were just very inconsistent.
Last edited by uconn_8 on Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
uconn_8
NDPreps Starter

Postby BB11 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:52 am

[user=2527]uconn_8[/user] wrote:
Ok, lets not get out of hand now. The players don't expect to win in bb just because they do in fb. If you've watched them in the past 3 or 4 years, they've had the talent to make it to state. Its just been a matter of getting it done when it counts. We don't need to start calling out fights on here either.  And to BB11,  I wouldn't call their season one bad game.  They had losses to some pretty mediocre teams during the season too. Things were just very inconsistent.

Agree with you on all accounts - I was just trying to make the point that you can't throw it all on the coaches shoulders - especially when in retrospect - they still had a successful season in terms of wins and losses - they just lost the One game they needed to really win. I agree they did lose to a poor team in MLS early in the year - but they also beat teams like Minot Ryan, DLB, and Westhope-Newburg. So - inconsistent would be a good word for it.
I just feel really bad for the players and coaches - because I know the parent situation there was not good especially with 10 seniors.
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby allsport » Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:03 am

20 wrote:The Velva kids have a distoted perception of what it take to win. They succeed in sports where they don't have to put any time in-they win championships in baseball and football and wrestling by just showing up and playing hard.  They got out of the season exactly what they put into it- NOTHING!  They don't attend team camps or spend any time in the gym in the off season. They have athletes playing basketball-they don't have any basketball players.  And until they find some kids that love the game and want to play will they succeed.  The coaches can only do so much the kids have to want it.     

Parents played a big role in the downfall of this group.  They were selfish and when your ripping the coach at home how do you think the kids will have any respect for him  and show up and play.  It seemed that the parents were more concerned about having their kid playing than winning.       

Oh my goodness! Are there spies in homes and on kids in the summer to determine effort, dedication and parental meddling?  Do the football, baseball and wrestling coaches have the same problems? No time input into baseball, football or wrestling? Inaccurate statement at best.
allsport
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 20 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:36 am

TNT wrote:
20 wrote:The Velva kids have a distoted perception of what it take to win. They succeed in sports where they don't have to put any time in-they win championships in baseball and football and wrestling by just showing up and playing hard.  They got out of the season exactly what they put into it- NOTHING!  They don't attend team camps or spend any time in the gym in the off season. They have athletes playing basketball-they don't have any basketball players.  And until they find some kids that love the game and want to play will they succeed.  The coaches can only do so much the kids have to want it.     

Parents played a big role in the downfall of this group.  They were selfish and when your ripping the coach at home how do you think the kids will have any respect for him  and show up and play.  It seemed that the parents were more concerned about having their kid playing than winning.       

The only thing distoted is your ego.

Evidently you do not/never played or have a kid play football or baseball for velva. kids dont put time in football and baseball in velva? are you kidding me? those football kids during the season have football practice/film/game every day of the week no dedication right? In baseball those kids hardly get a weekend off from baseball. They put in the same effort and heart in basketball. Don't even try to tell me those kids don't try. one time the kids lost in football in the playoffs the whole team cried, lost in nationals in baseball the whole team cried and they dont put effort in or care? End of the basketball season when they lose did you see the whole team cry? No 3/4 the kids are sick of seeing the same stuff happen year over year and nothing is ever changed. Open your eyes if another coach had that much talent for the last 5-6 years they would atleast make 1 run at getting to state.

Baseball and Football are totally different sports.  You dont need to put in much time in the offseason to be successful in those sports.  Im sure the football players probably go to football camp in the summer, but then do those kids that play basketbal also go to basketball camps, i dont think so.  Basketball is a sport that you need to put time in in the offseason to be sucessful and that didnt happen this last offseason for velva.  It doesnt matter how athletic/talented a team is if they dont put time in during the offseason and they dont play together during the games.

Postby rep » Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:52 am

end of discussion.

for further reference, right about the time someone is attack high school kids, teams, coaches, etc. you can expect a similar response.

this board was not created for that kind of thing.
rep

Previous

Return to Boys