Region 6 Tournament

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby kissarmy74 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:24 am

allsport wrote:
Cazzzmo wrote:All of the above basically confirms then what I had heard.     It's all plausible . . . .  I know Mr. Roemich and this is definitely not beyond him.   What a shame.     I've also heard that he's moving to Mandan . . . .     why would another school district in ND hire this goon?     What a farce . . ..   what lack of character and what an awful example!!!      He's completely classless.    

That's easy, Mandan wants his kids in their basketball program.

BINGO!!!!  It's basically recruiting on a high school level.  He most likely is not the man for the job, but, his kids are stud ball players, so they will take the good with the bad. 
The will to win is important, but the will to prepare is vital. -Joe Paterno
kissarmy74
NDPreps Starter

Postby tim » Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:00 am

Cazzzmo wrote:What's this talk about Botno's Roemich brothers being pulled off the squad by their dad?     Does anybody know if they're expected to play in regionals?

nope they quit for good

tim
NDPreps Starter

Postby tim » Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:00 am

Cazzzmo wrote:What's this talk about Botno's Roemich brothers being pulled off the squad by their dad?     Does anybody know if they're expected to play in regionals?

nope they quit for good

tim
NDPreps Starter

Postby cdub1 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:04 am

kissarmy74 wrote:
allsport wrote:
Cazzzmo wrote:All of the above basically confirms then what I had heard.     It's all plausible . . . .  I know Mr. Roemich and this is definitely not beyond him.   What a shame.     I've also heard that he's moving to Mandan . . . .     why would another school district in ND hire this goon?     What a farce . . ..   what lack of character and what an awful example!!!      He's completely classless.    

That's easy, Mandan wants his kids in their basketball program.

BINGO!!!!  It's basically recruiting on a high school level.  He most likely is not the man for the job, but, his kids are stud ball players, so they will take the good with the bad. 

hahahhaahha recruiting bs maybe they are moving to mandan becuz they have family there that is if they move recruiting means you are getting a scholarship or money or a house or an apartment to come play at a school like oak hill does it doesnt mean you move to a new town and play there that isnt recruiting that is the dad wanting to move to a stud school you cant blame mandan

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby BB11 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:44 am

As far as I know - and I've talked to a few people from the Bottineau area - there is no job opening in Mandan for their dad - and that the Mandan rumor - is just that - a rumor. I could very easily be proven wrong, but He has applied for jobs elsewhere in the state - Mandan not being one of them - and hasn't been granted an interview yet according to the people I've talked to from Bottineau in the school system.
This could all be rumor too - but I tend to believe they know what they are talking about. So more than likely, they will be back in Bottineau, and their coach will have to put up with their dad for another year at least.
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby magic715 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:52 pm

Game 1 of region 6 : Dunseith 67 Our Redeemers 61
magic715

Postby magic715 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:14 pm

magic715 wrote:Game 1 of region 6 : Dunseith 67 Our Redeemers 61

game 2; Halftime   Kenmare 31   Rugby 25

End of 3rd: Kenmare 48 Rugby 32
Last edited by magic715 on Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
magic715

Postby dukefan32 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:10 pm

Kenmare, Dunseith,Dl-B, and Bishop Ryan won in the first round.
dukefan32
NDPreps Starter

Postby BB11 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:43 am

Being a fan of Region 6 basketball - my sincere hope is that either Kenmare or Dunseith will end up with the title. It's too bad that they have to play each other in the semi's.
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby basketballler » Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:17 pm

Any predictions for tonights games?
A jumpshot will get you a hot girlfriend, a huge house, and a nice car, but none of these things will get you a jumpshot.
basketballler
NDPreps Reserve

Postby magic715 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:56 pm

Dunseith 57 Kenmare 54 overtime

Bishop Ryan 69 DesLacs-Burlington 62 Overtime
magic715

Postby AAfootballfan » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:08 pm

Ryan should dominate this title game. Dunseith is soooo careless with the basketball its not even funny. They had 26 turnovers tonight and they probably could have had more..I predict Ryan in a landslide, but you never know during regional play, i guess thats why they play the games!
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BB11 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:25 am

I sincerely hope that Dunseith will represent Region 6 in the state tournament. They have waaaaay more class than the Minot Ryan players and coaching staff.
Minot Ryan is probably the most disrespectful and arrogant group from its fans, to its coaches, down to the players in all of Region 6.
I have seen many of their games being from the Minot area- and they are by far the least classiest group in this region - it would be a shame for them to represent a region made up of numerous classy teams and players.
GO DRAGONS!!!!!!
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby power-aid14 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:14 am

BB11 wrote:I sincerely hope that Dunseith will represent Region 6 in the state tournament. They have waaaaay more class than the Minot Ryan players and coaching staff.
Minot Ryan is probably the most disrespectful and arrogant group from its fans, to its coaches, down to the players in all of Region 6.
I have seen many of their games being from the Minot area- and they are by far the least classiest group in this region - it would be a shame for them to represent a region made up of numerous classy teams and players.
GO DRAGONS!!!!!!

name the nonclassy players please and how they aren't classy
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BB11 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:38 am

[user=704]power-aid14[/user] wrote:
BB11 wrote:I sincerely hope that Dunseith will represent Region 6 in the state tournament. They have waaaaay more class than the Minot Ryan players and coaching staff.
GO DRAGONS!!!!!!

I am soo glad you asked - as I wasn't going to be specific unless someone asked.
Last night will be one example - but I will probably use two. Last night after the Kenmare Dunseith game - Kenmare had went back to their locker room. Minot Ryan was sharing the same area where the locker rooms are. I was walking by at this time to use the facilities. And what do I hear. I hear Ryan players outside Kenmare's locker room door mocking, and insulting the Kenmare team. Specific quotes you want - "I guess your District championship doesn't mean so much now does it." and "How does it feel to choke in the semi's."
Yes - they are BY FAR the least classiest group of individual players I have seen this year.
NEXT EXAMPLE - After Minot Ryan defeated Westhope-Newburg earlier this year in a hail mary bomb from half-court in overtime. The W-N players went back to their bench - lined up and were waiting to shake hands with the coaches and players from Minot Ryan. W-N's coach made sure those kids stayed to shake hands for about a minute or two. Only the Ryan players were too busy celebrating, doing dances, and chanting to be good enough to shake their hands. So the W-N players went to their locker room - after waiting.
SO I HOPE THOSE WERE GOOD ENOUGH EXAMPLES - BOTH OF WHICH I HAD SEEN AND/OR HEARD 1st hand.
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby trackster » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:54 am

BB11 wrote:[user=704]power-aid14[/user] wrote:
GO DRAGONS!!!!!!

I am soo glad you asked - as I wasn't going to be specific unless someone asked.
Last night will be one example - but I will probably use two. Last night after the Kenmare Dunseith game - Kenmare had went back to their locker room. Minot Ryan was sharing the same area where the locker rooms are. I was walking by at this time to use the facilities. And what do I hear. I hear Ryan players outside Kenmare's locker room door mocking, and insulting the Kenmare team. Specific quotes you want - "I guess your District championship doesn't mean so much now does it." and "How does it feel to choke in the semi's."
Yes - they are BY FAR the least classiest group of individual players I have seen this year.
NEXT EXAMPLE - After Minot Ryan defeated Westhope-Newburg earlier this year in a hail mary bomb from half-court in overtime. The W-N players went back to their bench - lined up and were waiting to shake hands with the coaches and players from Minot Ryan. W-N's coach made sure those kids stayed to shake hands for about a minute or two. Only the Ryan players were too busy celebrating, doing dances, and chanting to be good enough to shake their hands. So the W-N players went to their locker room - after waiting.
SO I HOPE THOSE WERE GOOD ENOUGH EXAMPLES - BOTH OF WHICH I HAD SEEN AND/OR HEARD 1st hand.
I was at that game and I saw what happened. It was the fans that swarmed the players and were celebrating. It was probably to hard for them to go shake their hands when they had 50+ people around them and wouldn't let them go. Then also at the district 12 tournament, after Kenmare won, the players went to the Ryan fan section ,got in their faces and started cocking off to them especially Kasey K. from Kenmare and stole their cheer and used in a neutral gym that didn't belong to anyboby except the Minot Skyrockets. Now that's not classy
trackster
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bb baby » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:00 am

trackster wrote:
GO DRAGONS!!!!!!

I was at that game and I saw what happened. It was the fans that swarmed the players and were celebrating. It was probably to hard for them to go shake their hands when they had 50+ people around them and wouldn't let them go. Then also at the district 12 tournament, after Kenmare won, the players went to the Ryan fan section ,got in their faces and started cocking off to them especially Kasey K. from Kenmare and stole their cheer and used in a neutral gym that didn't belong to anyboby except the Minot Skyrockets. Now that's not classy

im a player for the team i would really appreciate it if you wouldnt make up lies, we didnt mock kenmare after the game are u serious? and if you think quoting yourself will make people believe you theni guess they do that is out of my control. after the westhope game we went into their locker room and shook their hands. we couldnt get to them anywayz becuz of our dfans swarming us against the stage. stop making up lies to make people hate us. pretty sure people hate us enough, they dont need anymore fire.
bb baby
NDPreps Rookie

Postby bill » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:51 pm

i think dunseith will pull this one out and win it......they already beat minot ryan in the regular season by about 8 or 10 points and it was at minot ryans gym
bill
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ballaholic#3 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:36 pm

i play for minot ryan's "rivals" and I think the minot ryan players are good people and have class. granted there are some players that are cocks out on the floor but name a team that doesn't have a cocky player on it. as far as their fans, a few obnoxious fans have given an otherwise great fan club a bad reputation. so as an opposing player i view the opinion that minot ryan kids are classless is very unfair.
ballaholic#3
NDPreps Starter

Postby dukefan32 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:45 pm

GO DRAGONS!!!!!!

Ok, the fans stormed the court when they played Westhope-Newburg, so that is not the players fault, and if they did so call "mock the honkers" I'm pretty sure a coach would have heard it and they would have got chewed out. So...... don't make up lies anymore. 
dukefan32
NDPreps Starter

Postby option1520 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:46 pm

i was at that kenmare district championsip game as a spectator and i saw that ryan peterson made a 3 and started yelling in the faces of the fans of bishop ryan. then at the end of the game he was all waving his arms like he wanted more and i guess he got more when kenmare met up with dunseith in regionals
Last edited by option1520 on Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
option1520
NDPreps Rookie

Postby BB11 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:12 pm

I'm just calling it how I heard and saw it. You don't have to believe it - and you can deny it - I'm not that old - and my hearing isn't that bad - I'm just saying I was highly unimpressed.
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby mags » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:27 pm

i was one of the fans standing outside the bishop ryan and kenmare locker room before the lions came out. i am close to most of the players on the team and have talked to them after the game. i heard eveything that they were saying and if you think that ryan players would say that when kenmare was coming into the locker room you are crazy. all they were doing was there pre game chants and nothing else. and why would they say that BEFORE because what if they lost, it doesnt make sense. the whole non class thing is also bogus. during the district championship the kenmare players were rubbing the game right in the faces of the bishop ryan players, name a time ryan players have sunk down to that level and taunted other players like that. its one thing to say the fans are cause all fans talk trash but making false accusations about players is lame. the kenmare fans and players may have been sour about the loss in kenmare to ryan but the ryan players didnt say anything. the district championship was the most unclassy game ive seen because the kenmare players were trying to show ryan players up. see you at six
mags
NDPreps Starter

Postby point/center » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:43 pm

this topic has sunk to far. it's locked.
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Boys