Region 6 Tournament

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby bbjay » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:37 pm

Here's the pairings:

Dunseith vs.

Des Lacs/Burlington

Kenmare vs.

Rugby

Westhope vs.

Our Redeemers

Minot Ryan vs.

Bottineau

Any thoughts or predictions?

75% of the time..it works every time.
bbjay
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BB11 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:05 am

Actually Dunseith plays Our Redeemer's and Westhope-Newburg plays DLB because Our Redeemer's beat DLB in the tourny - they go in as the higher seed. District 12 runs it different than District 11.
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby bbjay » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:30 am

My bad....he's right

Westhope vs.

DLB

Dunseith vs.

Our Redeemers
bbjay
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BB11 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:11 am

I would say Dunseith over Our Reedemer's.
Kenmare over Rugby
Minot Ryan over Bottineau
And DLB - Westhope is a crap shoot.
Your thoughts?
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:15 am

I'd say whoever wins the Westhope/Ryan game in the semis has an inside track to state.  Dunseith is up and down, but has the talent to put 3 games together and make it, plus I think they are in the easier bracket.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby kissarmy74 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:06 am

ndlionsfan wrote:I'd say whoever wins the Westhope/Ryan game in the semis has an inside track to state.  Dunseith is up and down, but has the talent to put 3 games together and make it, plus I think they are in the easier bracket.

I think you hit the nail right on the head there.  I'd have to give the edge to Westhope, but, just about all of the teams are able to put three good games together.
The will to win is important, but the will to prepare is vital. -Joe Paterno
kissarmy74
NDPreps Starter

Postby BB11 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:58 pm

[user=1815]kissarmy74[/user] wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:I'd say whoever wins the Westhope/Ryan game in the semis has an inside track to state.  Dunseith is up and down, but has the talent to put 3 games together and make it, plus I think they are in the easier bracket.

I think you hit the nail right on the head there.  I'd have to give the edge to Westhope, but, just about all of the teams are able to put three good games together.

Dunseith is a lot better than people give them credit for - and in the same respect Minot Ryan is not as good as people give them credit for. Remember, one of Ryan's regular season losses was against Dunseith. I think it is a wide open race with legitametely five teams in the hunt with Dunseith, Ryan, DLB, Westhope-Newburg, and Kenmare.
Kenmare is getting no love - and they just won District 12 - they have a very balanced team.
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby ballaholic#3 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:14 pm

am i right bb11 that you said earlier that DLB beat Westhope and that Westhope can't much up with them. DLB beat Westhope soundly just 3 weeks ago.
ballaholic#3
NDPreps Starter

Postby bbjay » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:25 pm

Records against teams in the region tournament:

Ryan 7-3

Botno 3-5

Westhope 6-2 

DLB around .500

Dunseith 2-3

Our Redeemers 1-5???

Kenmare 4-3

Rugby 3-5 ?

I got these records from NDHSAA, some games weren't filled in, I had to guess on who I thought had one, I could be wrong on some of the records.  The point here is that almost every team is close in record wise against other teams in teh tournament.  This will be a great tournament....any team can win, ther will be an upset.  I think Westhope is the favorite.....just a guess.
bbjay
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BB11 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:08 am

[user=2165]ballaholic#3[/user] wrote:
am i right bb11 that you said earlier that DLB beat Westhope and that Westhope can't much up with them. DLB beat Westhope soundly just 3 weeks ago.

DLB beat Westhope earlier this month by 9 pts. They were down 8 in the first according to the NDHSAA website. But it looked as though W-N had too many turnovers that game.
In watching both teams - W-N to be honest - doesn't match up with anybody. Their tallest guy is 6'3 and then after that maybe 6'1 for a couple of other kids - but their team defense and teamwork overall is why they win. Out of the teams in the regional tournament that I have seen - Dunseith, Ryan, DLB, and Kenmare probably have more collective talent - but W-N seems to find ways to win.
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby magic715 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:51 pm

BB11 wrote:[user=2165]ballaholic#3[/user] wrote:

DLB beat Westhope earlier this month by 9 pts. They were down 8 in the first according to the NDHSAA website. But it looked as though W-N had too many turnovers that game.
In watching both teams - W-N to be honest - doesn't match up with anybody. Their tallest guy is 6'3 and then after that maybe 6'1 for a couple of other kids - but their team defense and teamwork overall is why they win. Out of the teams in the regional tournament that I have seen - Dunseith, Ryan, DLB, and Kenmare probably have more collective talent - but W-N seems to find ways to win.

I dont know if u can say that the other teams have more collective talent, i know that is an opinion , lol, so i will offer mine too. First i think the talent on the teams is fairly close, but i think talent wise Dunseith and DLB are a little lower, but make up for it with there size. Hunt is great!!!! My opinion on Ryan, Westhope-Newburg is that they do have some talent but they make the most of it with there hustle and defense. I think Kenmare plays the best man up defense and Westhope and Ryan have the quickest players that make plays that most teams cant. Westhope and Ryan are very similar i think in that they are not big but they are scrappy and quick, well except for Mueller.
magic715

Postby BB11 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:25 am

[user=438]magic715[/user] wrote:
BB11 wrote:[user=2165]ballaholic#3[/user] wrote:

I dont know if u can say that the other teams have more collective talent, i know that is an opinion , lol, so i will offer mine too. First i think the talent on the teams is fairly close, but i think talent wise Dunseith and DLB are a little lower, but make up for it with there size. Hunt is great!!!! My opinion on Ryan, Westhope-Newburg is that they do have some talent but they make the most of it with there hustle and defense. I think Kenmare plays the best man up defense and Westhope and Ryan have the quickest players that make plays that most teams cant. Westhope and Ryan are very similar i think in that they are not big but they are scrappy and quick, well except for Mueller.

All valid and good points.
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby tim » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:36 am

Yeah i think that bottineau will upset ryan,  they have some stud juniors and sophomores that i think may dominate, Ben Diepolder will light up the court... yeah hes a balla. They also have some sletto kid, ya he knows what he is doing, they call him rain man.
tim
NDPreps Starter

Postby BB11 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:58 am

I could see a Bottineau upset of Ryan if Ryan isn't shooting the ball well and Bottineau plays as well as they did against Velva in the regional qualifier.
It is definitely not impossible.
But if Bottineau plays the way they did against Rugby or TGU it will be a Ryan blow-out regardless of how they shoot.
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby Cazzzmo » Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:10 pm

What's this talk about Botno's Roemich brothers being pulled off the squad by their dad?     Does anybody know if they're expected to play in regionals?
Cazzzmo
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Baller » Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:45 pm

yeah, i heard that the coach was not going to start the Soph so the dad pulled them without even letting the coach know, just didnt let them show up for the bus.

P.S. Dad is an administrator at the high school and this is not the first time he had pulled this.  He did it with football too because his kid was not starting.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ballaholic#3 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:01 pm

the roemmich kids haven't played for over a month. dad was upset one wasn't starting so he pulled both off the team and coach wouldn't let them back. so it looks like next year the roemmich kids will be somewhere else because dad will be somewhere else.
ballaholic#3
NDPreps Starter

Postby power-aid14 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:47 pm

tim wrote:Yeah i think that bottineau will upset ryan,  they have some stud juniors and sophomores that i think may dominate, Ben Diepolder will light up the court... yeah hes a balla. They also have some sletto kid, ya he knows what he is doing, they call him rain man.

ben diepolder? umm his ndhsaa stats are pretty impressive so i see your point:screwy:.

http://ndhsaa.com/sports/bbasketball/displayteamstats.asp?teamid=236&sport=&guid=
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby marianne » Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:29 pm

Baller wrote:yeah, i heard that the coach was not going to start the Soph so the dad pulled them without even letting the coach know, just didnt let them show up for the bus.

P.S. Dad is an administrator at the high school and this is not the first time he had pulled this.  He did it with football too because his kid was not starting.

yeh u are right thats exactly what happened w/ that i really feel bad for the kids cause they love to play but their dads a complete man. their dad is the principal of the school
marianne
NDPreps Reserve

Postby marianne » Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:32 pm

tim wrote:Yeah i think that bottineau will upset ryan,  they have some stud juniors and sophomores that i think may dominate, Ben Diepolder will light up the court... yeah hes a balla. They also have some sletto kid, ya he knows what he is doing, they call him rain man.

yeh those kids are amazing i think their both from willow city and dana pollaman did amazing in the velva game too i heard he use to be from willow city too. it must be something to do with willow kids
marianne
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Cazzzmo » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:18 pm

All of the above basically confirms then what I had heard.     It's all plausible . . . .  I know Mr. Roemich and this is definitely not beyond him.   What a shame.     I've also heard that he's moving to Mandan . . . .     why would another school district in ND hire this goon?     What a farce . . ..   what lack of character and what an awful example!!!      He's completely classless.    
Cazzzmo
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ClassBballa » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:31 pm

Cazzzmo wrote:All of the above basically confirms then what I had heard.     It's all plausible . . . .  I know Mr. Roemich and this is definitely not beyond him.   What a shame.     I've also heard that he's moving to Mandan . . . .     why would another school district in ND hire this goon?     What a farce . . ..   what lack of character and what an awful example!!!      He's completely classless.    

If what i'm reading on here is true i don't see how a school would hire a moron like that. Someone like him shouldn't be around kids, what kind of example is he really setting?
We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. I just can't figure out where else to play!

I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out.
ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby marianne » Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:11 pm

ClassBballa wrote:
Cazzzmo wrote:All of the above basically confirms then what I had heard.     It's all plausible . . . .  I know Mr. Roemich and this is definitely not beyond him.   What a shame.     I've also heard that he's moving to Mandan . . . .     why would another school district in ND hire this goon?     What a farce . . ..   what lack of character and what an awful example!!!      He's completely classless.    

If what i'm reading on here is true i don't see how a school would hire a moron like that. Someone like him shouldn't be around kids, what kind of example is he really setting?

exactly a lot of the parents can't believe hes the principal and we dont know if he's actually going to mandan. but the thing with him is he does stuff like this but when state tourny time comes around he the mascott of the whole town.
marianne
NDPreps Reserve

Postby BB11 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:52 am

Yes, it wasn't a good situation for those kids. And it really hurt their team. I am, however, very impressed that they have made it this far without them, because they are two very good players, especially for being a freshman and sophomore.
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby allsport » Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:54 am

That's easy, Mandan wants his kids in their basketball program.
allsport
NDPreps Reserve

Next

Return to Boys