Region 3

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby baller01 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:03 pm

With Steele taking 3rd in district 6th, LaMoure taking 2nd in district 5, and Linton taking 1st in district 6, all three teams are placed in the top bracket for the regional tournament. Not only are they probably the three best teams in the region, but Steele has to play LaMoure first round which means either Steele-Dawson or LaMoure isn't going to be playing the second night. Things are really screwed up.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby thundastruck. » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:07 pm

baller01 wrote:With Steele taking 3rd in district 6th, LaMoure taking 2nd in district 5, and Linton taking 1st in district 6, all three teams are placed in the top bracket for the regional tournament. Not only are they probably the three best teams in the region, but Steele has to play LaMoure first round which means either Steele-Dawson or LaMoure isn't going to be playing the second night. Things are really screwed up.

naploean any good?
thundastruck.

Postby rep » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:08 pm

thundastruck. wrote:
baller01 wrote:With Steele taking 3rd in district 6th, LaMoure taking 2nd in district 5, and Linton taking 1st in district 6, all three teams are placed in the top bracket for the regional tournament. Not only are they probably the three best teams in the region, but Steele has to play LaMoure first round which means either Steele-Dawson or LaMoure isn't going to be playing the second night. Things are really screwed up.

naploean any good?

good enough to beat steele-dawson in the semis
rep

Postby baller01 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:08 pm

Napoleon starts 4 seniors and has a really good coach. They are lead by Chad Weigel who is probably the 3rd best senior in the region. Napoleon definately could be playing in the regional championship game with the way things are set up.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby thundastruck. » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:17 pm

district 6 should have 3 winners first day.  bakkum wont let his team lose first day.  bakkum/randall get their 35-45,  should win
thundastruck.

Postby The Schwab » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:44 pm

thundastruck. wrote:district 6 should have 3 winners first day.  bakkum wont let his team lose first day.  bakkum/randall get their 35-45,  should win
he let them loose in the semi finals......they dont have a cake walk in the opening round.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby AandBfan » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:13 am

The steele/dawson-lamoure game should be a great one with the winner likely getting linton, who does everyone think will make it out of that side of the bracket?
AandBfan

Postby rep » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:17 am

i'm going with linton...i think they are playing the best ball in the district tournaments, but at the same time, if linton and lamoure meet, it ought to be a good one. really linton vs. steele should be a good one too though.

if seeding plays out, it should be napoleon vs. bcn in the semis on the other side of the bracket...weigel's three-point shooting versus bartlett's and co...might make for an interesting back-and-forth game within the game.
Last edited by rep on Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
rep

Postby ndtaterman » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:18 am

AandBfan wrote:The steele/dawson-lamoure game should be a great one with the winner likely getting linton, who does everyone think will make it out of that side of the bracket?

I am going to pick Lamoure.  They looked very solid in their loss to BCN last nite.  Held their composure when down by 19 and brought it back to 3.  BCN just played an outstanding game.  If BCN puts games together like that in the Region they will win it.  Could be a rematch of the district 5 final.
ndtaterman
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndspectator07 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:58 am

I agree, it's really screwed up.  The three teams that would probably take it on the same bracket.
ndspectator07

Postby baller01 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:12 pm

ndspectator07 wrote:

I agree, it's really screwed up.  The three teams that would probably take it on the same bracket.

I think the 3 o'clock game on Monday will pretty much be the championship. I think whoever wins that wins the region.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndsbest44 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:21 pm

I'm gunna go with Linton, i know they've been a bit overlooked since they're beatdown from lamoure but Carr always has his guys ready to go this time of year
ndsbest44
NDPreps Starter

Postby region1 football » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:19 pm

baller01 wrote:
ndspectator07 wrote:

I think the 3 o'clock game on Monday will pretty much be the championship. I think whoever wins that wins the region.

Does anyone think that those teams could be winded come the last night giving teams from the other bracket a chanse to win? 
region1 football
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:21 pm

absolutely

or it could go the other way that the winner doesn't have as intense of games and folds under the pressure of a region championship
rep

Postby rep » Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:33 am

i'm having a complete mental breakdown and my laptop can't open pdf's...who does barnes county north play in the first round?

and to make sure i'm not completely flaky, is this right?:

linton vs. lmm, 3 p.m.?

lamoure vs. steele, 20 minutes later?

napoleon vs. central prairie, 6:30 p.m.?

barnes county north vs. ????, 20 minutes later?

rep

Postby berry186 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:52 am

strausburg i think
berry186
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rkmt » Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:25 am

rep wrote:i'm having a complete mental breakdown and my laptop can't open pdf's...who does barnes county north play in the first round?

linton vs. lmm, 3 p.m.?

berry 186 is right - Strasburg-Zeeland.  I think you have the games flip-flopped within their brackets, though.  I think Lamoure vs S-D is at 3:00 and BCN vs S-Z is at 6:30.  Correct me if I'm wrong.
rkmt
NDPreps Starter

Postby baller01 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:50 am

rkmt wrote:
rep wrote:i'm having a complete mental breakdown and my laptop can't open pdf's...who does barnes county north play in the first round?

linton vs. lmm, 3 p.m.?

berry 186 is right - Strasburg-Zeeland.  I think you have the games flip-flopped within their brackets, though.  I think Lamoure vs S-D is at 3:00 and BCN vs S-Z is at 6:30.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

LaMoure vs Steele, 3 p.m.

Linton vs LMM, 4:30 p.m.

I'm not sure about the lower bracket. BCN plays Strasburg.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby AandBfan » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:34 am

Lamoure vs Steele 3:00

Linton vs LMM 4:45

Strausburg vs BCN 6:30

Napoleon vs Central Prairie 8:15
AandBfan

Postby classb_fan00 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:13 pm

AandBfan wrote:Lamoure vs Steele 3:00

Linton vs LMM 4:45

Strausburg vs BCN 6:30

Napoleon vs Central Prairie 8:15

Who do you guys see winning on Monday?
I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:16 pm

Steele, Linton, BCN, and Napoleon

Steele, BCN

Steele, Linton

my winners for the games
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby classbfans » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:54 am

Well today is day 1 of the Region 3 tourney and I feel that this Region will be wide open. Look at what Napoleon did to Steele-Dawson during districts and then BCN turns around and beats Lamoure in the district championship game. I do agree with most that the first game between Lamoure and Steele should have been the Region Championship game, but it will make one interesting first round game. My pics are surprising I pick Steele-Dawson-Linton-BCN-Central Prairie to win in the first round.
Steele-Dawson defeating Linton in one semi-final and BCN defeating Central Prairie in the other. Third place will go to Linton and BCN will be the surprise team out of Region 3 this year taking the championship over Steele-Dawson in overtime. The duo of Beau Sizer and Tucker Bartlett will combine for a record breaking tourney. Look for Beau Sizer to carry BCN all the way to Bismarck next week.
classbfans
NDPreps Rookie

Postby mdk23 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:33 am

Gutsy picks, classb. My picks would have to be LaMoure, Linton, Strasburg upsetting BCN, and Napoleon, with Linton once again beating LaMoure in semis, and Strasburg beating Napoleon. I think the championship between Linton and Strasburg  will be a blow out with Linton coming out of the region.
"I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying." Michael Jordan
mdk23
NDPreps Starter

Postby threepointplay » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:40 am

My picks would be lamoure,linton,bcn, and napoleon today, tommorow lamoure beating linton and bcn beating napoleon, then lamoure beating bcn in a rematch of the district championship
threepointplay
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndtaterman » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:01 am

threepointplay wrote:My picks would be lamoure,linton,bcn, and napoleon today, tommorow lamoure beating linton and bcn beating napoleon, then lamoure beating bcn in a rematch of the district championship

I'll go along with that!!!!!!!
ndtaterman
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Boys