top 5 district players

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby tjb1 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:10 pm

[font=georgia]District 5:[/font]

[font=georgia]I must say Ben Holen and Caleb Shockman from Lamoure they definitely can light up a crowd and tear up a court. Maybe even Caleb Shockman will  open up and dunk a few times next season. And the obvious - I definitely have to go with Beau Sizer of BCN, you guys can fill  my extra 2 athletes. [/font]
Last edited by tjb1 on Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tjb1

Postby winterweatheradvisory » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:53 pm

District 5

1.  caleb shockman
2.  Ben Holen
3.  Levi hintz
4.  Nick Fayville
5.  the young tucker bartlett

Shockman and Holen just have good chemistry together on an impressive Lamoure team and stand out among other players...Levi Hintz from pingree and Fayville from central prairie are both dominant leaders on their teams and alot is expected of them and Bartlett from BCN because throughout the D5 tourney he has been so much of a threat with his long jumpers and his ball handling skills especially for his age... I left Sizer out of my top 5 because i feel he is an overrated player and does not have very much sportsmanship to really impress me
winterweatheradvisory
NDPreps Rookie

Postby baller01 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:56 pm

winterweatheradvisory wrote:District 5

1.  caleb shockman
2.  Ben Holen
3.  Levi hintz
4.  Nick Fayville
5.  the young tucker bartlett

Shockman and Holen just have good chemistry together on an impressive Lamoure team and stand out among other players...Levi Hintz from pingree and Fayville from central prairie are both dominant leaders on their teams and alot is expected of them and Bartlett from BCN because throughout the D5 tourney he has been so much of a threat with his long jumpers and his ball handling skills especially for his age... I left Sizer out of my top 5 because i feel he is an overrated player and does not have very much sportsmanship to really impress me

So this overrated player that you left out that averages 25 and 13 a night, he helped his team beat LaMoure tonight. Overrated... get real.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby winterweatheradvisory » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:04 pm

yes i do think that he is overrated ill give him that he has a nice shot but people talk him up way more than he should be...in the first half of that game what did he do?? not a whole lot..they looked elsewhere and they found an answer in their young players heinze and bartlett...sizer is just an average player that knows where he should be he doesnt impress me the least bit and has probably the worst sportsmanship ive seen from a senior and should not have gotten District 5 senior of the year
winterweatheradvisory
NDPreps Rookie

Postby baller01 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:06 pm

winterweatheradvisory wrote:yes i do think that he is overrated ill give him that he has a nice shot but people talk him up way more than he should be...in the first half of that game what did he do?? not a whole lot..they looked elsewhere and they found an answer in their young players heinze and bartlett...sizer is just an average player that knows where he should be he doesnt impress me the least bit and has probably the worst sportsmanship ive seen from a senior and should not have gotten District 5 senior of the year

So you are saying Fayville is better then Sizer?
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby winterweatheradvisory » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:10 pm

baller01 wrote:
winterweatheradvisory wrote:yes i do think that he is overrated ill give him that he has a nice shot but people talk him up way more than he should be...in the first half of that game what did he do?? not a whole lot..they looked elsewhere and they found an answer in their young players heinze and bartlett...sizer is just an average player that knows where he should be he doesnt impress me the least bit and has probably the worst sportsmanship ive seen from a senior and should not have gotten District 5 senior of the year

I am saying fayville is a better player/athlete than sizer
winterweatheradvisory
NDPreps Rookie

Postby baller01 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:16 pm

winterweatheradvisory wrote:
baller01 wrote:

Wow.... I'm not saying Fayville isn't good because I've never seen the kid play. But c'mon now. Are you just trying to be funny. How can you overlook 25 and 13. I don't care how is sportsmanship is. Look at the numbers. PLUS, he got his team a district championship.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby winterweatheradvisory » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:26 pm

baller01 wrote:
baller01 wrote:

Wow.... I'm not saying Fayville isn't good because I've never seen the kid play. But c'mon now. Are you just trying to be funny. How can you overlook 25 and 13. I don't care how is sportsmanship is. Look at the numbers. PLUS, he got his team a district championship.

Im not just saying fayville is better than sizer im saying all 5 that i picked are better than sizer...and no i am being dead serious right now...im not overlooking his numbers i dont care for his style of play and SPORTSMANSHIP is something you should look at when you say how you feel about how good a player is...and SIZER DID NOT get his team the championship tonight the outside shooters and fast ball movement that sizer couldnt even keep up with were what won the game tonight
winterweatheradvisory
NDPreps Rookie

Postby baller01 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:30 pm

I'm not even going to discuss this. This is a pointless arguement. I don't care how bad of sportmanship he has, the guys numbers can't be overlooked. End of story.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sportsperson » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:31 pm

I have no problem with you saying Sizer is overrated and stating your opinion but there comes a point when you have to give the kid his due.  He averaged 27 and 11 last year and he's got 25 and 13 this year. I'm not a stats guy but those are impressive numbers that you don't get without talent.
sportsperson
NDPreps Starter

Postby baller01 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:33 pm

sportsperson wrote:I have no problem with you saying Sizer is overrated and stating your opinion but there comes a point when you have to give the kid his due.  He averaged 27 and 11 last year and he's got 25 and 13 this year. I'm not a stats guy but those are impressive numbers that you don't get without talent.

Thank you... I hope you are a 30-15 guy saying that 25-13 isn't impressive.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby winterweatheradvisory » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:33 pm

Im not trying to turn this into an argument its anyones own opinion about who they feel should be the top 5 for the district and I just feel his name should be mentioned with actually anyone elses name.  and im not saying his numbers arent impressive because they are its the kids attitude towards the game is why i dont rank him in my top 5
Last edited by winterweatheradvisory on Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
winterweatheradvisory
NDPreps Rookie

Postby The Schwab » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:43 pm

winterweatheradvisory wrote:Im not trying to turn this into an argument its anyones own opinion about who they feel should be the top 5 for the district and I just feel his name should be mentioned with actually anyone elses name.  and im not saying his numbers arent impressive because they are its the kids attitude towards the game is why i dont rank him in my top 5
Explain how he has a bad attitude...i would like to know your opinions....
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby winterweatheradvisory » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:51 pm

The Schwab wrote:
winterweatheradvisory wrote:Im not trying to turn this into an argument its anyones own opinion about who they feel should be the top 5 for the district and I just feel his name should be mentioned with actually anyone elses name.  and im not saying his numbers arent impressive because they are its the kids attitude towards the game is why i dont rank him in my top 5

i have been to several of his games where he talks alot of crap on the court while hes playing and while even making little shots ive often seen him running down the court pumping his chest taunting the other team and one time i even heard him taunt some of the fans...there is just no place for that in high school basketball
winterweatheradvisory
NDPreps Rookie

Postby 3s & Dunks » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:54 pm

Sizer is hard to explain, when you see him, Thin body, not much muscle, not great footspeed, no hops, BUT He gets his shot off so quickly, either hand, keeps moving constantly,curls the lane, and has Tremendous Post entry passes from his Guards.  I was impressed of how they deliver the ball to him, when he should get it he does, esp. when he has a defender on his hip.  I think, no I know, his guards get him the ball better than any other in the Dist. 5 .
3s & Dunks
NDPreps Reserve

Postby winterweatheradvisory » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:58 pm

I will agree with that BCN has amazing passing guards
winterweatheradvisory
NDPreps Rookie

Postby ndsbest44 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:09 pm

The Schwab wrote:

i have been to several of his games where he talks alot of crap on the court while hes playing and while even making little shots ive often seen him running down the court pumping his chest taunting the other team and one time i even heard him taunt some of the fans...there is just no place for that in high school basketball

What games were this? I haven't seen anything of the sort all the games all watched this past week
Last edited by ndsbest44 on Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ndsbest44
NDPreps Starter

Postby AandBfan » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:26 pm

baller01 wrote:
baller01 wrote:

Im not just saying fayville is better than sizer im saying all 5 that i picked are better than sizer...and no i am being dead serious right now...im not overlooking his numbers i dont care for his style of play and SPORTSMANSHIP is something you should look at when you say how you feel about how good a player is...and SIZER DID NOT get his team the championship tonight the outside shooters and fast ball movement that sizer couldnt even keep up with were what won the game tonight
Last edited by AandBfan on Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AandBfan

Postby Akadema » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:11 am

ndlionsfan wrote:How can you not put Dillan Ostrom in your top 5 for that district?!? 

I just put in the guys that i have seen play this year. I haven't seen Ostrom play but i guess from what i hear he is a pretty good ball player. I guess i forgot to put his name on that list. Another guy in this district that won't get any recognition is Zach Michaelson because he is on a horrible team. He is second in the district in scoring and 2nd in rebounding.
Akadema
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:18 am

The Schwab wrote:

Do you not remember the cheap shot you took after the final buzzer 3yrs ago????
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndbbfan » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:01 am

The Schwab wrote:

That statement is not only ridiculous, it is an outright lie.  Beau Sizer is a talented, well-respected, well-liked young man among his peers, teachers, coaches, etc.  Congrats to Beau and his team on a fantastic district tournament. 
ndbbfan

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:03 am

I personally always thought he was a cocky and cheap
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndbbfan » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:08 am

ndlionsfan wrote:I personally always thought he was a cocky and cheap

You obviously know nothing about him.
ndbbfan

Postby The Schwab » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:00 am

I personally took a cheap shot from him at the end of a game 3 years ago.....
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby sodadrinker » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:05 am

The Schwab wrote:I personally took a cheap shot from him at the end of a game 3 years ago.....

did he stump the schwab?
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

PreviousNext

Return to Boys