Districts

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby daveinnd » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:45 pm

Maybe I am alone on this,  but I have never really thought much of 4 teams out of a district going on to regionals.  I felt that once the post season started,  it is do or die time.   Teams like Killdeer and Beulah that were highly ranked would be done now,  and even though Steele Dawson was upset by Napoleon,  they still have just as good of a chance to advance to state as before. 
daveinnd
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cash » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:47 pm

daveinnd wrote:Maybe I am alone on this,  but I have never really thought much of 4 teams out of a district going on to regionals.  I felt that once the post season started,  it is do or die time.   Teams like Killdeer and Beulah that were highly ranked would be done now,  and even though Steele Dawson was upset by Napoleon,  they still have just as good of a chance to advance to state as before. 
I kind of agree. I think teams should be able to be given a second chance, because, maybe there is a stacked region/district and both teams are about equal in talent. Creates a more intense region I think.
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby toughregion2 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:49 pm

I would have to disagree with you

what fun would regionals be if 2 underdogs got in every year out of each distric

This way the good teams that deserve to go get to go and makes the regionals much more competitive
toughregion2

Postby bballer2 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:51 pm

cash wrote:
daveinnd wrote:Maybe I am alone on this,  but I have never really thought much of 4 teams out of a district going on to regionals.  I felt that once the post season started,  it is do or die time.   Teams like Killdeer and Beulah that were highly ranked would be done now,  and even though Steele Dawson was upset by Napoleon,  they still have just as good of a chance to advance to state as before. 
I kind of agree. I think teams should be able to be given a second chance, because, maybe there is a stacked region/district and both teams are about equal in talent. Creates a more intense region I think.

i think they go like that because of 1. money... it makes more money for north dakota high schools... 2. because yes they do want the best teams at state.. and 3. class A has top 4 from wda and edc go to state so they want it kind of similar... imo
bballer2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby daveinnd » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:52 pm

Actually I think it would make it more fun.  A team not supposed to be there pulliing off a big upset, and advancing. Problem is,  the team you upset is still advancing too.
daveinnd
NDPreps Reserve

Return to Boys