Another Blowout?

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Diamond D » Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:02 pm

Did I read the Minot Daily correctly this morning?

Watford City 102, White Shield 24.

Can anyone elaborate on why/how this happened?  When the JV went in? Is White Shield playing 8th graders?  Wow, that is a terrible score.

Diamond D

Postby unc2 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:04 pm

jeez thats crazy, i think watford could go to state and play with anyone they play
unc2
NDPreps Starter

Postby baller01 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:04 pm

Diamond D wrote:Did I read the Minot Daily correctly this morning?

Can anyone elaborate on why/how this happened?  When the JV went in? Is White Shield playing 8th graders?  Wow, that is a terrible score.

I saw that score and was actually digusted. I'm not going to say it was Watford's fault because I know a case from a district game between Steele-Dawson and Wing in girls basketball. Wing basically has a C squad team and Steele girls are one of the top teams in the state. I'm just guessing White Shield is that bad but I don't know for sure. I think they halftime score was like what, 60-12 or something. I guess if I was the coach the JV would have played the whole second half but maybe they did.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby project-pat » Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:07 pm

I bet their JV did play the whole 2nd half and did that good. Their JV is tough.
project-pat

Postby Flyer » Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:38 pm

I was at the game the JV and a kid that has played some C-squad played the whole 2nd half..The starters played a total of about 10 minuets..White Shield had only 5 players on their team and one of them was a 7th grader. They played a JV schedule this year and only won a couple of games..Watford's coach did a good job of playing his lower end players..
Flyer

Postby baller01 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:47 pm

Flyer wrote:I was at the game the JV and a kid that has played some C-squad played the whole 2nd half..The starters played a total of about 10 minuets..White Shield had only 5 players on their team and one of them was a 7th grader. They played a JV schedule this year and only won a couple of games..Watford's coach did a good job of playing his lower end players..

Thanks, that is kind of what I figured.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby dukefan32 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:06 pm

i think white shield only had five people on their roster.
dukefan32
NDPreps Starter

Postby InTheKnow » Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:34 pm

dukefan32 wrote:i think white shield only had five people on their roster.

Why dont they co-op with someone? That is just not right for anyone.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby the messanger » Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:48 am

Diamond D wrote:Did I read the Minot Daily correctly this morning?

Wow!!!!!
the messanger
NDPreps Reserve

Postby COACHWEST » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:04 am

I was not at the game.  I have not seen White Shield play.  IAM NOT FROM/FOR/A FAN OF WATFORD CITY!

What I do know is the Coach Cranston has a lot of class and I am confident he coached this game with the respect it deserved.  Think what you may about Watford City, other coaches, fans, etc, but Watford has some terrific talent this year and Coach Cranston has worked very hard with them to get them where they are at.  This game score is just a sad statement about the truth:  White Shield should have bowwed out of competing in the District Tourney this year.  Let your athletes grow up.  Get the numbers back, and compete.  Watford did not deserve a game like this either.
COACHWEST
NDPreps Starter

Postby tripleb » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:14 am

White Shield had 2 or 3 players suspended the week before Districts and played with only 5 players.  Watford's JV beat them by 40 pts during the season.  The defense for WC never crossed the half line the whole game.  It could have easily been 120-20.  Coach Cranston was put in a very tough spot and handled it well.  When White Shield played NSP on Saturday they finished the game with only 3.  Not a good deal for anyone involved.  I think there are very few, if any, coaches that purposely run up scores.
tripleb
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Diamond D » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:23 am

Please, my intent of the post was not to redicule or pass judgement on WC.  I wasn't at the game, so I wanted to see how this all came about.

Sounds like the coaching staff at WC did the best they could with what they were given.

I feel terrible for WS.  They used to be in the same district as my home school back in the day.  They always came to districts with a tough attitude and the willingness to play the best ball they could.   Everyone always had a little fear from them, because when they came to play, they came to play.

Diamond D

Postby pacod » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:25 am

COACHWEST wrote:I was not at the game.  I have not seen White Shield play.  IAM NOT FROM/FOR/A FAN OF WATFORD CITY!

What I do know is the Coach Cranston has a lot of class and I am confident he coached this game with the respect it deserved.  Think what you may about Watford City, other coaches, fans, etc, but Watford has some terrific talent this year and Coach Cranston has worked very hard with them to get them where they are at.  This game score is just a sad statement about the truth:  White Shield should have bowwed out of competing in the District Tourney this year.  Let your athletes grow up.  Get the numbers back, and compete.  Watford did not deserve a game like this either.

WOW!!! I wish FW got a post like this when they hit the century mark.........but no, everybody makes assumptions about ricky keeping the starters in and how they have no class. Oh well......nice post COACHWEST.     JUST a question, why would WC take a game like this anyway?
pacod

Postby The Schwab » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:28 am

I believe it was a district game.....
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby WildWarrior » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:30 am

pacod wrote:
COACHWEST wrote:I was not at the game.  I have not seen White Shield play.  IAM NOT FROM/FOR/A FAN OF WATFORD CITY!

WOW!!! I wish FW got a post like this when they hit the century mark.........but no, everybody makes assumptions about ricky keeping the starters in and how they have no class. Oh well......nice post COACHWEST.     JUST a question, why would WC take a game like this anyway?

so they can go to regionals smart one!!:alc:
WildWarrior
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby plazalions » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:54 am

The bench was in for the 2nd half of the WS - WC game, but Watford never quit trying to score.  They did not slow the tempo and tried to fast break as often as they could.  They were looking for the 100.
plazalions
NDPreps Rookie

Return to Boys