District 5

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby baseball » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:23 pm

baller01 wrote:
deere wrote:i'd say put larson on him, hes older and more experienced...

That has nothing to do with it. Randall is one of the best defenders in the region. Every night he is guarding the opposing teams best player. Senior, junior, whatever they may be. Larson IMO isn't that good of a defender.

i wouldnt be suprised to see Bakkum gaurd him.....if Randall guards him he can muscle in teh post and if Larson does he will just go around him
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baller01 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:03 am

baseball wrote:
baller01 wrote:
deere wrote:i'd say put larson on him, hes older and more experienced...

That has nothing to do with it. Randall is one of the best defenders in the region. Every night he is guarding the opposing teams best player. Senior, junior, whatever they may be. Larson IMO isn't that good of a defender.

i wouldnt be suprised to see Bakkum gaurd him.....if Randall guards him he can muscle in teh post and if Larson does he will just go around him

I agree with that. Only bad thing is is Sizer draws a lot of fouls. If you have Bakkum guarding him Sizer might get him in foul trouble. Just a thought.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndtaterman » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:58 am

I've seen Sizer play 3 games in the regular season and the two games at the districts.  I've never been a big fan or thought he was that good.  But now I am changing my mind about the kid.  This kid when he gets the ball is just about unstoppable around the hoop.  He has an explosive move when he gets the ball.  Doesn't matter, right or left, turnaround jumpshot, underhand scoops.  He wiggles around in there to get a shot off and with his body control will also draw alot of fouls.  Excellent free throw shooter too.  To shut him down effectivly you need to front him to keep him from getting the ball and also have somebody behind for backside help.  We need to give this kid some credit.  You can't score that many points and have that many rebounds without being a very good ballplayer.  The thing that everybody looks at is how skinny and not too strong of a kid he is and they think he just can't be that good.  I was the same way but I have changed my mind.  Put this kid on a rigerous weight program and I think he might play college.   Also it make him more effective when you have the two freshman guards from BCN playing and shooting the way they are.  BCN is a very improved team from the beginning of the year.  Should be a good game tonite!!!!!!!!
ndtaterman
NDPreps Starter

Postby munson11 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:34 pm

BCN is on top of LaMoure 21-11 at the end of the first quarter.
munson11

Postby ndtaterman » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:42 pm

munson11 wrote:BCN is on top of LaMoure 21-11 at the end of the first quarter.

BCN 79   Lamoure 70    Final
ndtaterman
NDPreps Starter

Postby 3s & Dunks » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:38 pm

ndtaterman wrote:

BCN 79   Lamoure 70    Final

Hats off to BCN!  They played well , shot the ball great, and weathered the storm of Lamoures Press!  That Barlett kid for a freshman, was Money from 3 all 3 nights! The other Freshman, Heinze, was just as good. Tough to handle Bo inside and with those 3s going in also.  Why didn't Lamoure Press them earlier???  This was the first time I saw Lamoure play, I was expecting more from them!  Seems like they only  have the two players,Holen & Shockman.  I was really impressed of how the BCN Guards can deliver the Post entry pass to Sizer.  They get it to him at the right time, esp. when he curls & had Shockman on his hip.  I was puzzled of why can't Lamoure play man to man defense??  If those 2 Freshman keep shooting the 3 with no hesitation and with confidence they will be a force to recon with at the Regional.
3s & Dunks
NDPreps Reserve

Postby rep » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:55 pm

your avatar is going to give me nightmares for weeks...i think it is the eyes...
rep

Postby ndsbest44 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:02 pm

I was honestly impressed with both teams tonight, Lamoure made a heck of a run late in the game, but bcn played very well, they got it down to sizer who had his normal 25, but what i was most impressed with was when they would collapse down low and bcn's shooters would hit the shots. Very good game with two good teams
ndsbest44
NDPreps Starter

Postby nd0606 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:02 pm

I know Sizer got 25 points...how many points did Bartlett get?  How many did Holen and Shockman get for Lamoure?
nd0606
NDPreps Starter

Postby AandBfan » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:04 pm

I'm sure all four of them had over twenty, there were some really good ball players on display tonight
AandBfan

Postby basketballjones » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:57 am

That was a good game last night, congradulations to both teams, but bcn played a great game. I expect these two teams to go far in regions so good luck
basketballjones

Previous

Return to Boys