District 5

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby rep » Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:02 am

[align=center]Opening Round[/align]
(1 seed) LaMoure (15-4) vs. (8 seed) Tappen (4-16), 3 p.m.

(4 seed) Central Prairie (11-8) vs. (5 seed) LMM (9-10), 4:45 p.m.

(2 seed) Ellendale (12-7) vs. (7 seed) Kulm (7-11), 6:30 p.m.

(3 seed) Barnes County North (12-7) vs. (6 seed) PBK (6-13), 8:15 p.m.
Last edited by rep on Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rep

Postby sportsguy2 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:05 pm

LaMoure over Tappen

Central Prarie over LMM

Kulm beat Ellendale

BCN over PBK
sportsguy2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rep » Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:24 pm

adding scores to previous post:

lamoure 60, tappen 49

central prairie 56, lmm 54

kulm 64, ellendale 56

bcn 67, pbk 57

every game was close...lot of parity in the district...pretty much feels like saturday could be wide open.
rep

Postby TJayU » Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:27 pm

Man...Ellendale couldn't buy a basket from directly under the hoop to save their lives...
TJayU

Postby 3s & Dunks » Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:31 pm

All very close first round games today!  I expected more from the Lamoure team, but sometimes you play down to the level of the other team!  The  refs sure dont let the Shockman kid Play , it would  be nice to see what he can actually do !!!!! But then on the other end of the Spectrum, the Sizer kid gets call, after call after call!  I think, no I know last night At the Region # 3 Girls game they  let Steele-Dawson play more physical than they did tonight, at the BCN, PBK game!Wow !  Sizer does get his shot off fast and has a nice touch, but to call touch fouls in the post  does not make for a good Boys game to watch at all.
3s & Dunks
NDPreps Reserve

Postby classb_fan00 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:26 pm

3s & Dunks wrote:All very close first round games today!  I expected more from the Lamoure team, but sometimes you play down to the level of the other team!  The  refs sure dont let the Shockman kid Play , it would  be nice to see what he can actually do !!!!! But then on the other end of the Spectrum, the Sizer kid gets call, after call after call!  I think, no I know last night At the Region # 3 Girls game they  let Steele-Dawson play more physical than they did tonight, at the BCN, PBK game!Wow !  Sizer does get his shot off fast and has a nice touch, but to call touch fouls in the post  does not make for a good Boys game to watch at all.

good players like Sizer always seem to have the calls go in their favor.
I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndsbest44 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:34 am

All of the games were good yesterday, i think Lamoure played down alittle bit but theyre still the obvious favorite to win the district, central praire got behind big early and gave up over 30 offensive rebounds but they still came to back to win, ellendale didn't look very good last night especially compared to when i saw them play earlier in the year, the pbk-bcn was a good one throughout, i was impressed with sizer and bcn they had some other players play well for them last night too, should be some good games today
ndsbest44
NDPreps Starter

Postby AandBfan » Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:35 am

What are everyones predictions for todays games?
AandBfan

Postby sportsguy2 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:31 am

LMM over Tappen

Ellendale over PBK

LaMoure over Central Prarie

BCN over Kulm

this district has been so even with everyone beating everyone that I'll probably get all 4 wrong
sportsguy2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rep » Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:44 am

sportsguy2 wrote:LMM over Tappen

Ellendale over PBK

LaMoure over Central Prarie

BCN over Kulm

this district has been so even with everyone beating everyone that I'll probably get all 4 wrong

amen...or you'll get every game right with the winners getting 30-point wins...who knows with this district this year? all the games are definitely toss ups and fall under the 'who comes to play' category.
rep

Postby TJayU » Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:02 pm

Any idea how the games are going?
TJayU

Postby hoopsstar2391 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:18 pm

LMM beat Tappen by 20 something.

P-B-K upset Ellendale

LaMoure won pretty easily over Central Prarie 

BCN beat Kulm.
hoopsstar2391
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rep » Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:35 pm

hoopsstar2391 wrote:LMM beat Tappen by 20 something.

P-B-K upset Ellendale

LaMoure won pretty easily over Central Prarie 

BCN beat Kulm.

can someone who has watched ellendale more than the two times i have (both losses at the tourney) tell me what was (or maybe what wasn't) happening with the team that had happened in the regular season?

not often you see a no. 2 seed get bounced in two straight games.
rep

Postby deere » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:57 pm

i dont see why everyone thinks sizer is god's favorite, he cant play defense, watching him dribble is a joke, all he can do is be a ball hog. He's 6'2 130, gets pushed around and the only thing hes got going for him is getting every call and shooting all the time. Yes he may put up 30 but i want to see a fairly decent team play against him who can walk and breathe at the same time let alone play ball, and see how good he is. But overall i think he is terrible.
deere

Postby ndsbest44 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:23 am

deere wrote:i dont see why everyone thinks sizer is god's favorite, he cant play defense, watching him dribble is a joke, all he can do is be a ball hog. He's 6'2 130, gets pushed around and the only thing hes got going for him is getting every call and shooting all the time. Yes he may put up 30 but i want to see a fairly decent team play against him who can walk and breathe at the same time let alone play ball, and see how good he is. But overall i think he is terrible.

He hasn't played any decent teams all season?
ndsbest44
NDPreps Starter

Postby AandBfan » Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:38 am

ndsbest44 wrote:
deere wrote:i dont see why everyone thinks sizer is god's favorite, he cant play defense, watching him dribble is a joke, all he can do is be a ball hog. He's 6'2 130, gets pushed around and the only thing hes got going for him is getting every call and shooting all the time. Yes he may put up 30 but i want to see a fairly decent team play against him who can walk and breathe at the same time let alone play ball, and see how good he is. But overall i think he is terrible.

He hasn't played any decent teams all season
I thought he was 6'4? He must be pretty terrible to put up 25 points and 13 rebounds a game.
AandBfan

Postby ndbbfan » Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:53 am

"and the green-eyed monster rears his ugly head!" -  obviously you have a little jealously or frustration to vent...
ndbbfan

Postby gamechanger » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:40 am

i agree, I've seen sizer play many times, he gets every call!  It's just really ridiculous if you ask me.
gamechanger
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Sports guy » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:46 am

Sizer must not be that bad if he lead his team to the Championship game
Sports guy
NDPreps Starter

Postby AandBfan » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:50 am

Sizer has played well, along with two freshemn Bartlett and Heinze who have been in double figures in both tournament games, with three good scoring threats i think BCN will give Lamoure a tough game
Last edited by AandBfan on Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
AandBfan

Postby ndsbest44 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:06 am

gamechanger wrote:i agree, I've seen sizer play many times, he gets every call!  It's just really ridiculous if you ask me.

He does get to the line a lot, but thats because most teams try to stop him by being physical and pushing him around it seems like a good strategy since he's not built big but, when you play like that fouls are going to be called, if people feel he gets all the calls maybe teams should change their strategy about defending him
ndsbest44
NDPreps Starter

Postby hoopsstar2391 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:31 am

Pretty sure he isnt terrible, i'd like to see you get 30 points and around 10 rebounds night in and night out.  He makes alot of good moves around the basket, and he's 6'4 by the way.
hoopsstar2391
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Claz B Fan » Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:47 pm

Sizer is not terrible sure he might shoot everytime but when he makes over 60 percent of his 2 point field goals and over 44 percent from 3's i wouldnt mind having him shoot and being a ball hog, he is an all around good player who gets it done night in and night out 
Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby TJayU » Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:33 pm

The point is, Ellendale held Sizer to 10 points and 2 rebounds. 

To hopefully change focus away from just Sizer, I'm hoping BCN defeats LaMoure.  I think it can be done.   
TJayU

Postby hoopsstar2391 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:50 pm

What do you guys think about the other games? Who do you see going to regionals?
hoopsstar2391
NDPreps All-Conference

Next

Return to Boys