Favorite to Win State B Boys

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby xcolt90 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:18 am

With all this arguing about what region is the best, lets talk about what team is the best.  It's that time of year.  We can all shut up and see what team puts up.

Who does everyone think is the favorite to win the B this year?
xcolt90

Postby 666 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:25 am

right now i think that lisbon is a favorite

Postby grizz » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:28 am

Lisbon has a good chance. And if they play FW, I'm rootin for Lisbon!
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indians Alumni » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:29 am

grizz wrote:Lisbon has a good chance. And if they play FW, I'm rootin for Lisbon!

I am rootin for Lisbon too!  Just kidding, I don't even have to say it. 
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby BB11 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:40 am

[user=232]Indians Alumni[/user] wrote:
grizz wrote:Lisbon has a good chance. And if they play FW, I'm rootin for Lisbon!

I am rootin for Lisbon too!  Just kidding, I don't even have to say it. 

Of the teams I have seen play this year - and I haven't seen Lisbon - I have to give the nod to Four Winds - they were probably the most complete team I have seen. They have everything - speed, shooters, athletes and they play a very good press - which a lot of times at state seems to go out the window - but with their athleticism I think it will be effective. The other really good team I saw this year was Watford City.
But I admit - I haven't seen anyone from Regions 1, 2 , or 3.
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby AAfootballfan » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:48 am

My pick to cut the nets down is whoever comes out of Region 8.  I like Watford City's depth and their hard nosed defense that they play.  Parshall is a team that relies heavily on the three-point shot, if they are going down the Braves can be a scary team.  If WC can get by Parshall who has been their team they have not been able to beat can get to state the Wolves have a strong shot at cuttin the nets down in Bismarck!
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby heelsfan » Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:25 am

It's hard to say!  But I don't think Lisbon will have a chance.  Who have they evey played?  My guess is someone from the west, region 7 or 8.
heelsfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby thesports_guy32 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:56 am

AAfootballfan wrote:My pick to cut the nets down is whoever comes out of Region 8.  I like Watford City's depth and their hard nosed defense that they play.  Parshall is a team that relies heavily on the three-point shot, if they are going down the Braves can be a scary team.  If WC can get by Parshall who has been their team they have not been able to beat can get to state the Wolves have a strong shot at cuttin the nets down in Bismarck!

i wouldn't rely heavily on a team that relies heavily on the three-point shot. those legs start to get tired a few days into the tournaments and those shots start to come up short. WC sounds tough, i think they could definitely make a run.
thesports_guy32

Postby blaze88 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:59 pm

parshall.
blaze88

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:03 pm

parshall has to be the favorite if they play their game
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby ace » Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:04 pm

according to everyone its gotta be a team from region 7 as the front runner because from what i read nobody can touch them and 6 of the teams in the region should be in the state tourney....but i dont agree with that and when ppl say that they have the best region, that doesnt even matter, its who has the best team and we will see when the state tourney comes around
ace
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ben23 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:02 pm

666 wrote:right now i think that lisbon is a favorite

Lisbon has lost 3 out of their last 4 games.  To Hankinson in Hankinson by 1 in OT.  To Kindred in Lisbon by 3.  And to Clinton/Graceville/Beardsley which was played at NDSCS in Wahpeton.  I am not sure on the score of this game and its not on NDHSAA.com but Hankinson also played C/G/B earlier this year and beat them 52-45.
Ben23
NDPreps Starter

Postby CZAQ55 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:13 pm

parshall is hands down the best team out there - they have 4 boys who can flat out score plus the speed and athleticism to be the best no question
"Defeat is not the worst of failures. Not to have tried is the true failure."
CZAQ55
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Photo-man-Bob » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:33 pm

Even though Region 8 doesnt have a good track record....Parshall is impressive
Photo-man-Bob

Postby hunter48 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:44 pm

thesports_guy32 wrote:
AAfootballfan wrote:My pick to cut the nets down is whoever comes out of Region 8.  I like Watford City's depth and their hard nosed defense that they play.  Parshall is a team that relies heavily on the three-point shot, if they are going down the Braves can be a scary team.  If WC can get by Parshall who has been their team they have not been able to beat can get to state the Wolves have a strong shot at cuttin the nets down in Bismarck!

i wouldn't rely heavily on a team that relies heavily on the three-point shot. those legs start to get tired a few days into the tournaments and those shots start to come up short. WC sounds tough, i think they could definitely make a run.

I agree with you about the legs getting tired but when Parshall gets hot they get hot and they hit some amazing shots and they are tough to beat when they hit their shots but like AA Football said they do rely on it alot and they have to be hot to win, they arnt going to beat you any other way.  We will just have to see how Region 8 goes and who is playing their best at the best time.
hunter48

Postby AAfootballfan » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:16 pm

CZAQ55 wrote:parshall is hands down the best team out there - they have 4 boys who can flat out score plus the speed and athleticism to be the best no question

You have not seen WC play if you think Parshall is "HANDS DOWN" the better team...they shouldn't even of beat WC on their own floor...to be honest i don't expect it to be really that close in the postseason..WC's depth will take over! And also who is this 4th scorer you are talking about because they don't have one. They have the twins and Young Bird and thats it....would be really interesting if one time the Pacs got into foul trouble, but thats hard to do when you don't play defense..
Last edited by AAfootballfan on Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ClassBballa » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:19 pm

parshall is pretty good but i don't know about hands down the best.

I'm thourghly surprised that the region 7 junkies haven't been on here saying how any of their top 7 teams are the favorites.
We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. I just can't figure out where else to play!

I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out.
ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Bison423 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:33 pm

xcolt90 wrote:With all this arguing about what region is the best, lets talk about what team is the best.  It's that time of year.  We can all shut up and see what team puts up.

Who does everyone think is the favorite to win the B this year?

If hazen can play together as a team and play like they did at the beginning of the season and not like they did against WC they have a chance.
Bison423
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfan » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:39 pm

You can't have a real discussion on this until you put MPCG into the mix.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby baller01 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:45 pm

ndfan wrote:You can't have a real discussion on this until you put MPCG into the mix.

Well people are going to say that they are overrated and what not, but when you have a great coach, and play defense, you will always be there at the end. It wouldn't surprise me at all if MPCG was playing that late game championship night. As for Hazen, at the beginning of the year, I thought they were the best team in the state and I still think they are in the top 3. The one thing that goes against them is they have such a tough district and region. They have to play perfect basketball just to make it out of there district, then they have to go and do it all over again just to make it to state. For most districts and regions there are a couple gimme games, but for Hazen they have to be giving it all every night. Might wear on them.
Last edited by baller01 on Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Bison423 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:50 pm

baller01 wrote:
ndfan wrote:You can't have a real discussion on this until you put MPCG into the mix.

Well people are going to say that they are overrated and what not, but when you have a great coach, and play defense, you will always be there at the end. It wouldn't surprise me at all if MPCG was playing that late game championship night. As for Hazen, at the beginning of the year, I thought they were the best team in the state and I still think they are in the top 3. The one thing that goes against them is they have such a tough district and region. They have to play perfect basketball just to make it out of there district, then they have to go and do it all over again just to make it to state. For most districts and regions there are a couple gimme games, but for Hazen they have to be giving it all every night. Might wear on them.

Ya in my opinion it is the best district and region, but they should get to regions because of the draw unless they play terrible but regionals is a whole different story. Since they've always had the problem with not being able to pull off a win against trinity it will be fun to see if they can finally pull that off
Bison423
NDPreps Starter

Postby baller01 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:01 pm

Bison423 wrote:
baller01 wrote:

Ya in my opinion it is the best district and region, but they should get to regions because of the draw unless they play terrible but regionals is a whole different story. Since they've always had the problem with not being able to pull off a win against trinity it will be fun to see if they can finally pull that off

Ya I would say they are a forsure lock for regionals but the thing is they still have to go through tough teams to get there.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby letsgosox » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:12 pm

when hazen plays up to there potential, there isnt a better team...but i think the lack of their experience in the regional (other than the 1st round) will catch up to them. If it doesnt, and hazen wins region 7, hazen is going to take state.
letsgosox

Postby AAfootballfan » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:23 pm

Not this year....no way!!
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby fruit snack » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:25 pm

if parshall can stay healthy there aint very many teams that will compete with them at state
fruit snack

Next

Return to Boys