Favorite to Win State B Boys

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:11 pm

The Schwab wrote:
thesports_guy32 wrote:
The Schwab wrote:
thesports_guy32 wrote:
The Schwab wrote:well....i'll go region by region for what i think..........
Region 1- Hankinson....Jamie Mauch=tough
Region 2- I'm gunna say Park River....no reason...just my guess.
Region 3- Steele Dawson....just because i wanna see Mark Bakkum on a big stage.
Region 4- Four Winds...there i said it.
Region 5- Standing Rock......Adam Kuntz
Region 6- Bishop Ryan.....i dont know why....just because.....i dont know much about this region
Region 7- Killdeer....the two headed monster...Dufualt and Wheeling.
Region 8- Parshall.....The 3 headed monster....Packineau's and Young Bird....

Park River? Buddy, PR is good but they aren't going to win the region. I don't even expect them to make the region championship game.
did you read what i put .....

yeah i did... you picked PR to win region 2. you had no reason, just a really bad guess. i think you're from district 3 because you sure love mpcg so i'll tell you about district 4. the teams in district 4 that could possibly win the region are Midway/Minto, Grafton, and North Border. Grafton, an outside shot this year, is going to need to play better defense than they did saturday to have any success in the region tournament.
It's High School basketball....any team can beat any team on any given night.......and with a kid like Moe on P.R's team....they are a scary team.
yeah they can but i dont think park river is going to beat 3 solid teams on three nights, they haven't been to regionals since 2002 so none of these kids are going to know what to expect.  not saying they can't do it but it would be a pretty big upset across the state if PR went back to state for the first time since 2000.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby AAfootballfan » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:01 pm

NDSUbison! wrote:Im from the west......Idk about you guys but where im from wolves hardly ever get brought up. I wouldnt even consider them a top 5 contender for best athletic traditions. Plus Fridley may be a good coach and all for fball but hey he can at least shake hands with a team that beats him. But man when he beats you he coming running right on over to shake hands. Thats some good sportsmanship.
Last edited by AAfootballfan on Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rez01 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:27 am

Indians Alumni wrote:
project-pat wrote:WC will knock Parshall off in regionals, so they won't win. And since defense wins championships, that pretty much ruins FW's chances.

I'm goin with Lisbon.

Nice Cliche.  I am glad you brought that up, FW does have a nice press that shook up LM. It is hard to get through the press and even their half court trap.  I am willing to say they have one of the top presses in the state.  They are fast and have sticky hands.  Most of the opponents points come in slop time when the JV is in.  So pretty much throws your theory out doesn't it?

I also believe that Coach Smith is due another Coach of the Year award.  He took a team that everyone said that didn't have a chance this year, they lost too many seniors last year, and made an even better team this year.  Can't deny that!

Native teams usually have the best full court D... From what I seen while playing and watching basketball. We used to run a mean Diamond-1 Press at Standing Rock back when I played, usually gave every team we played trouble.
Last edited by rez01 on Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
rez01
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cubsfan » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:58 am

If Thompson plays like they did tonight they have a shot to win state. 
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby grizz » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:08 am

cubsfan wrote:If Thompson plays like they did tonight they have a shot to win state. 

Haha good one. I've never heard anything about thompson this whole year. You must not realize how bad they would get stomped if they played one of the top rated teams in the state.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby thundastruck. » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:15 am

grizz wrote:
cubsfan wrote:If Thompson plays like they did tonight they have a shot to win state. 

Haha good one. I've never heard anything about thompson this whole year. You must not realize how bad they would get stomped if they played one of the top rated teams in the state.

they were rated #2-3 preseason for a reason

top teams in state are in the east, except for one "dt"
thundastruck.

Postby Aaronih » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:30 am

Opps u forgot 1, the #1 team in state FW thas ok we'll forgive right fellas..??
be a leader not a follower..
Aaronih
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:21 am

I'm almost certain they were #2 in the preseason but had a disappointing year going roughly .500.  I think they have the talent to pull it off at regionals
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:43 am

Aaronih wrote:Opps u forgot 1, the #1 team in state FW thas ok we'll forgive right fellas..??
I found you a team that can run with four winds.....Thompson can.......and yes they were ranked number 3 in the hoopster.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:44 am

Aaronih wrote:Opps u forgot 1, the #1 team in state FW thas ok we'll forgive right fellas..??

yes, thanks for forgiving us for not mentioning four winds yet, how could we forget? Oh im glad we have you here to make sure we don't forget four winds has a basketball program, it almost slipped my mind!!
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Indians Alumni » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:56 am

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:

yes, thanks for forgiving us for not mentioning four winds yet, how could we forget? Oh im glad we have you here to make sure we don't forget four winds has a basketball program, it almost slipped my mind!!

HAHAHAHA! :point: Shame on you NBE!
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndsbest44 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:13 am

I like four winds, and watford city
ndsbest44
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndsbest44 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:13 am

I like four winds, and watford city as my favorites
ndsbest44
NDPreps Starter

Postby Dizza30 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:16 am

Four Winds!!
Dizza30
NDPreps Starter

Postby straightballer » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:59 am

whoever comes out of the region 7 region 4 match up

straightballer

Postby xcolt90 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:05 am

I only see games in two regions so I will say Turtle Lake from Region 5 and from Region 7 I will say that Trinity wins on their own floor and makes it 7 in a row.
xcolt90

Postby grizz » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:59 am

Ok seriously, the sarcastic 4W comments aren't needed in every sinlge topic.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby Weezy Baby » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:13 pm

the winner of 7 vs 4. and 8 is very good 2.
Weezy Baby

Postby AAfootballfan » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:45 am

NDSUbison! wrote:Im from the west......Idk about you guys but where im from wolves hardly ever get brought up. I wouldnt even consider them a top 5 contender for best athletic traditions. Plus Fridley may be a good coach and all for fball but hey he can at least shake hands with a team that beats him. But man when he beats you he coming running right on over to shake hands. Thats some good sportsmanship.

So what powerhouse town are you from buddie if WC isn't top 5 in the state?? And as for coach Fridley he is more respected than almost any other coach in the state so don't try to make him look bad...I don't know many coaches that are running onto the field after they lose to shake the other coaches hand!!  He is a legend in this state and will continue to produce state title teams as long as he is coaching!!
Last edited by AAfootballfan on Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Indians Alumni » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:57 am

grizz wrote:

Ok seriously, the sarcastic 4W comments aren't needed in every sinlge topic.

This coming from you Grizz, I don't need to start quoting your sarcastic remarks do I?  Let he who has no sarcasm cast the first 3!! or something like that
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby grizz » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:02 am

I might be sarcastic, but mine is actually about the topic. The 4W fans just talk about 4W and thats it. Who isn't sarcastic on here anyway?
Last edited by grizz on Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indians Alumni » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:18 am

He did bring up a valid point, what about the # 1 team in the state?  They were not in the mix.  He threw them in there with a little joke! 
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby grizz » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:22 am

The jokes might be funny to you 4W fans, but no one else in the state is laughin.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indians Alumni » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:25 am

So you speak for everyone that is not a FW fan?  That is a little egotistical of you isn't it? 
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby grizz » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:27 am

No becuase I know I'm not the only one to whine about it. Just gets old.... thats all I'm saying.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

PreviousNext

Return to Boys