Favorite to Win State B Boys

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby showtime » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:34 pm

I would have to agree that when Hazen plays together and plays up to what they were playing at the beginning of the year then i would have to say they would have a very good chance of winning state. But right now they haven't been playing as well as they could be.
showtime
NDPreps Reserve

Postby project-pat » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:15 pm

WC will knock Parshall off in regionals, so they won't win. And since defense wins championships, that pretty much ruins FW's chances.

I'm goin with Lisbon.
Last edited by project-pat on Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
project-pat

Postby Ginsbach » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:28 pm

Why has Lisbon's name been tossed around so much, when Hankinson hasn't even really been brought up?
Ginsbach
NDPreps Starter

Postby Aaronih » Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:31 am

Hey project patty, i know u like to dis 4-winds but i think yur a lil scared cause u and i know that fw hasen't played up to there poltenial yet, and if they continue to knock down shots like they did against LM look out come tourney time..#1 for a reason..
be a leader not a follower..
Aaronih
NDPreps Starter

Postby J-Rod34 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:16 am

AAfootballfan wrote:My pick to cut the nets down is whoever comes out of Region 8.  I like Watford City's depth and their hard nosed defense that they play.  Parshall is a team that relies heavily on the three-point shot, if they are going down the Braves can be a scary team.  If WC can get by Parshall who has been their team they have not been able to beat can get to state the Wolves have a strong shot at cuttin the nets down in Bismarck!

AAfootballfan, earlier in the year you aked me how I knowso much about Parshall, it is because I look at stats and if you do that you will see that when Parshall played your Watford City Wolves Rudy Youngbird had 27 points, of that 24 of the were 2-pt field goals and 3 points in free throws- NOT 1 3 POINTER, Neil Packineau had 10 points, of that 8 were 2-pointers and 2 points in free throws- NOT 1 3 POINTER. However, Nathineal Packineau had 27 points, 8 were 2-pointers 1 free throw but he did have 18 points in 3-pointers. Parshall had a total of 18 points in 3-pointers. How many 3-pointers sis Watford have that night? Better yet how many free throws did watford have, that is what will decide who wins between these two teams not 3-pointers, quit using a sterotype AAfootball fan.

Your high-scorer, Shipman, had 37 points. What is is high for the season? Is that it? What can you expect out of him? Look into these things before you say Parshall never should have beat Watford. Parshall had the same type of scoring that htey had had all season, it appears to me that they played their typical game.
Last edited by J-Rod34 on Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
J-Rod34

Postby Indians Alumni » Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:33 am

project-pat wrote:WC will knock Parshall off in regionals, so they won't win. And since defense wins championships, that pretty much ruins FW's chances.

I'm goin with Lisbon.

Nice Cliche.  I am glad you brought that up, FW does have a nice press that shook up LM. It is hard to get through the press and even their half court trap.  I am willing to say they have one of the top presses in the state.  They are fast and have sticky hands.  Most of the opponents points come in slop time when the JV is in.  So pretty much throws your theory out doesn't it?

I also believe that Coach Smith is due another Coach of the Year award.  He took a team that everyone said that didn't have a chance this year, they lost too many seniors last year, and made an even better team this year.  Can't deny that!
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ClassBballa » Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:21 am

Indians Alumni wrote:
project-pat wrote:WC will knock Parshall off in regionals, so they won't win. And since defense wins championships, that pretty much ruins FW's chances.

I'm goin with Lisbon.

Nice Cliche.  I am glad you brought that up, FW does have a nice press that shook up LM. It is hard to get through the press and even their half court trap.  I am willing to say they have one of the top presses in the state.  They are fast and have sticky hands.  Most of the opponents points come in slop time when the JV is in.  So pretty much throws your theory out doesn't it?

I also believe that Coach Smith is due another Coach of the Year award.  He took a team that everyone said that didn't have a chance this year, they lost too many seniors last year, and made an even better team this year.  Can't deny that!

Smith is a good coach, but people who actually know 4winds knew they would be good again this year, maybe didn't think #1 team in state, but still good.
We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. I just can't figure out where else to play!

I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out.
ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby classb_fan00 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:27 am

Last edited by classb_fan00 on Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby fruit snack » Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:29 am

classb_fan00 wrote:I think my favorite to win state right now would be Four Winds.

HAHAHAHAHA ya me 2
fruit snack

Postby Indians Alumni » Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:48 am

fruit snack wrote:
classb_fan00 wrote:I think my favorite to win state right now would be Four Winds.

HAHAHAHAHA ya me 2

Amen!  Since they are #1 in the state! 
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby The Schwab » Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:20 am

well....i'll go region by region for what i think..........
Region 1- Hankinson....Jamie Mauch=tough
Region 2- I'm gunna say Park River....no reason...just my guess.
Region 3- Steele Dawson....just because i wanna see Mark Bakkum on a big stage.
Region 4- Four Winds...there i said it.
Region 5- Standing Rock......Adam Kuntz
Region 6- Bishop Ryan.....i dont know why....just because.....i dont know much about this region
Region 7- Killdeer....the two headed monster...Dufualt and Wheeling.
Region 8- Parshall.....The 3 headed monster....Packineau's and Young Bird....
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby nativegolfer » Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:36 am

ClassBballa wrote:
Indians Alumni wrote:

I'm goin with Lisbon.

Smith is a good coach, but people who actually know 4winds knew they would be good again this year, maybe didn't think #1 team in state, but still good.

If Smith isn't the no. 1 COY candidate then who is?  And give legit reasons not just a name.   Name one program that lost 6 of it's top 7 players and has done as good as FW has done so far this season.  And most of these players had zero varsity experience from last year.  The only one who got any real minutes was Chanze H.  I was looking in the Hoopster yesterday and they had FW rated 34th in the state and 4th in D7!  I know most of you probably don't like FW, but you cannot deny the outstanding job Smith has done this year.  gain, please don't respond without giving serious reasons for your COY candidate.  Thanks. 
Last edited by nativegolfer on Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:47 am

I'd say Rick Smith is a good COY candidate, but I'm sure there are others from other regions....I just don't know enough about the teams and coaches from other regions.  I'm going to go out on a limb and say this year's state champion is going to be a relative unknown.  By unknown, I mean a team that no one is picking to do much at state or maybe not even make state...maybe a Watford City, Wells Co, Hankinson, Steele Dawson, Killdeer, etc.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby AAfootballfan » Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:11 am

J-Rod34 wrote:
AAfootballfan wrote:My pick to cut the nets down is whoever comes out of Region 8.  I like Watford City's depth and their hard nosed defense that they play.  Parshall is a team that relies heavily on the three-point shot, if they are going down the Braves can be a scary team.  If WC can get by Parshall who has been their team they have not been able to beat can get to state the Wolves have a strong shot at cuttin the nets down in Bismarck!

AAfootballfan, earlier in the year you aked me how I knowso much about Parshall, it is because I look at stats and if you do that you will see that when Parshall played your Watford City Wolves Rudy Youngbird had 27 points, of that 24 of the were 2-pt field goals and 3 points in free throws- NOT 1 3 POINTER, Neil Packineau had 10 points, of that 8 were 2-pointers and 2 points in free throws- NOT 1 3 POINTER. However, Nathineal Packineau had 27 points, 8 were 2-pointers 1 free throw but he did have 18 points in 3-pointers. Parshall had a total of 18 points in 3-pointers. How many 3-pointers sis Watford have that night? Better yet how many free throws did watford have, that is what will decide who wins between these two teams not 3-pointers, quit using a sterotype AAfootball fan.

Your high-scorer, Shipman, had 37 points. What is is high for the season? Is that it? What can you expect out of him? Look into these things before you say Parshall never should have beat Watford. Parshall had the same type of scoring that htey had had all season, it appears to me that they played their typical game.

I don't care what you say Parshall relies HEAVILY on the 3-pointer and you will not conivnce anyone in the state otherwise so just keep thinkin that they don't live by it and see what happens next monday at districts. And I never asked about how much you know about Parshall and whats up with saying "my Wolves" im not even from WC I just don't want Parshall to go to state when WC is the better team and more fun to watch.
Last edited by AAfootballfan on Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sodadrinker » Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:57 pm

nativegolfer wrote:
ClassBballa wrote:
Indians Alumni wrote:

I'm goin with Lisbon.

If Smith isn't the no. 1 COY candidate then who is?  And give legit reasons not just a name.   Name one program that lost 6 of it's top 7 players and has done as good as FW has done so far this season.  And most of these players had zero varsity experience from last year.  The only one who got any real minutes was Chanze H.  I was looking in the Hoopster yesterday and they had FW rated 34th in the state and 4th in D7!  I know most of you probably don't like FW, but you cannot deny the outstanding job Smith has done this year.  gain, please don't respond without giving serious reasons for your COY candidate.  Thanks. 

smith is a good coach and probably could be the COY but he hasnt done what ur trying to make everyone believe he has.  ur talkin like he took a number 4 team from district 7 and made them the number 1.  he has a lot of talent to work with that the people that did those preseason picks didnt know about.  its like like he took a bunch of no bodys and made them good.  he has a ton of talent to work with and those guys could win games under anyone IMO
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indians Alumni » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:06 pm

sodadrinker wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:
ClassBballa wrote:
Indians Alumni wrote:

I'm goin with Lisbon.

smith is a good coach and probably could be the COY but he hasnt done what ur trying to make everyone believe he has.  ur talkin like he took a number 4 team from district 7 and made them the number 1.  he has a lot of talent to work with that the people that did those preseason picks didnt know about.  its like like he took a bunch of no bodys and made them good.  he has a ton of talent to work with and those guys could win games under anyone IMO

He took a bunch of "no bodies"  No one knew who these boys where, they had little varsity experience and he made them the #1 team in the state.  I would say that is a lot.  They lost a bunch of guys due to graduation and one unfortunate loss, and he made the team what they are, you ask him, he would say it was the kids, but we all know it was him.  Herman is the only one who really has varsity experience from last years squad.  And to tell you the truth, I think this years squad is better. 

They are a talented bunch of kids, but give Coach Smith some credit.  He makes them better and makes them play their best. 
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sodadrinker » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:09 pm

varsity experience to me really means nothing during the year.  not one of those guys feels any pressure for it being their first year at the varsity level.  u have said that they couldve played varsity for most teams last year and its true.  they have always been good players.  im not saying hes not a good coach i am saying that these guys are good enough to win with almost any coach.
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby CZAQ55 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:47 pm

AAfootballfan wrote:
CZAQ55 wrote:parshall is hands down the best team out there - they have 4 boys who can flat out score plus the speed and athleticism to be the best no question

You have not seen WC play if you think Parshall is "HANDS DOWN" the better team...they shouldn't even of beat WC on their own floor...to be honest i don't expect it to be really that close in the postseason..WC's depth will take over! And also who is this 4th scorer you are talking about because they don't have one. They have the twins and Young Bird and thats it....would be really interesting if one time the Pacs got into foul trouble, but thats hard to do when you don't play defense..

ive seen watford play so dont even , but ur wolves can have depth all nite but all twelve of ur wolves cant match the twins n rudy o and by da way weston smith is scoring double digits a nite bud
"Defeat is not the worst of failures. Not to have tried is the true failure."
CZAQ55
NDPreps Reserve

Postby inittowinit » Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:55 pm

Trinity will probly win it...they always pull somethin out and play some bomb basketball at the end of the year
inittowinit

Postby Bison423 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:06 pm

Ya there's no way trinity is gonna win it.
Bison423
NDPreps Starter

Postby AAfootballfan » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:33 pm

inittowinit wrote:Trinity will probly win it...they always pull somethin out and play some bomb basketball at the end of the year

Umm u have to get to state to win it so in that case no not even close so sit down..
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby AAfootballfan » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:35 pm

CZAQ55 wrote:
AAfootballfan wrote:
CZAQ55 wrote:parshall is hands down the best team out there - they have 4 boys who can flat out score plus the speed and athleticism to be the best no question

You have not seen WC play if you think Parshall is "HANDS DOWN" the better team...they shouldn't even of beat WC on their own floor...to be honest i don't expect it to be really that close in the postseason..WC's depth will take over! And also who is this 4th scorer you are talking about because they don't have one. They have the twins and Young Bird and thats it....would be really interesting if one time the Pacs got into foul trouble, but thats hard to do when you don't play defense..

ive seen watford play so dont even , but ur wolves can have depth all nite but all twelve of ur wolves cant match the twins n rudy o and by da way weston smith is scoring double digits a nite bud

Can't wait for this postseason to show these Parshall fans that they are not that good...Weston Smith is not scoring double digits every game maybe a couple times this year and they are all flat footed garbage putbacks that Rudy or the twins missed..haha
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby arsnl7 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:33 am

Ginsbach wrote:Why has Lisbon's name been tossed around so much, when Hankinson hasn't even really been brought up?

word Ginsbach...Hankinson my favorite to win it all.  Jamie Mauch is tall.
arsnl7

Postby grizz » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:36 am

arsnl7 wrote:
Ginsbach wrote:Why has Lisbon's name been tossed around so much, when Hankinson hasn't even really been brought up?

word Ginsbach...Hankinson my favorite to win it all.  Jamie Mauch is tall.

Oh yeah thats a good way to pick a team to win it. They have a tall kid
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby NDSUbison! » Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:39 pm

So AAfootball fan where are you from buddy. Cause every post you have ever had....football or basketball has been about watford. So obviously they are your wolves cause you dont talk about anyone else. Parshall is the better team and they will come out of that region. also obviously his stats proved you wrong about the 3 pointers thing.. Dont be soo quick to attack everyone all the time there buddy "so sit down" just qouting you from your last post!
Last edited by NDSUbison! on Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NDSUbison!

PreviousNext

Return to Boys