Picks for Region 7 Tourny

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby BB11 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:38 am

[user=2318]Mauer07[/user] wrote:
scruffy wrote:Love em or hate em, you have to respect what they have accomplished.  Nobody hates an opponent with a losing program!  Right now they are in middle of a three or four year down cycle yet they continue to compete very well.....

very good point you do have to respect what they have all accomplished, its pretty amazing that they seem to be in the hunt of a state championship every year

I am very impressed with what Trinity has done over the years But IMO I would LOVE to see a Class B tournament without ANY private schools in it for once. Again, in my opinion - private schools aren't what Class B basketball is all about.
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby nd » Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:34 am

Trinity shouldn't even be in class B. It's pretty much a class A school that bends the rules to beat up on smaller schools to make themselves feel good. I want Trinity to get stomped.
nd
NDPreps Rookie

Postby grizz » Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:52 am

nd wrote:Trinity shouldn't even be in class B. It's pretty much a class A school that bends the rules to beat up on smaller schools to make themselves feel good. I want Trinity to get stomped.

Awww poor baby. Enrollment > Private
Last edited by grizz on Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby Mauer07 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:48 pm

All of you guys are just jealous that's all you are if you guys want to compete at Trinity's level then go and work your butt off so you can compete with them
You can't measure the heart of a champion
Mauer07
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby nd » Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:54 pm

Mauer07 wrote:All of you guys are just jealous that's all you are if you guys want to compete at Trinity's level then go and work your butt off so you can compete with them

Or just have rich mommies and daddies who can just by your way into Trinity and a spot on the team... That's the definition of a private school.
Last edited by nd on Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nd
NDPreps Rookie

Postby grizz » Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:39 pm

nd wrote:Or just have rich mommies and daddies who can just by your way into Trinity and a spot on the team... That's the definition of a private school.

Sorry to burst your bubble but everyone pays the same tuition. Obviously they don't just throw out the people who pay the most because they have a winning team every year.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby Mauer07 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:53 pm

There are a lot of athletes that have to do work study to pay off their tution so we dont have "rich mommies and daddies"
Mauer07
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby carolina blue » Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:31 pm

nd wrote:
Mauer07 wrote:All of you guys are just jealous that's all you are if you guys want to compete at Trinity's level then go and work your butt off so you can compete with them

Or just have rich mommies and daddies who can just by your way into Trinity and a spot on the team... That's the definition of a private school.

last time i checked, trinity doesnt have rich mommies or daddies. why dont you just give trinity the credit they deserve or would that be too hard for you.
Last edited by carolina blue on Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What's Walmart, do they sell like wall stuff? - Paris Hilton
carolina blue
NDPreps Starter

Postby marchmadness10 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:33 am

BB11 wrote:[user=2318]Mauer07[/user] wrote:
scruffy wrote:Love em or hate em, you have to respect what they have accomplished.� Nobody hates an opponent with a losing program!� Right now they are in middle of a three or four year down cycle yet they continue to compete very well.....

very good point you do have�to respect what they have all�accomplished, its pretty amazing that they seem to be in the hunt of a state championship every year

I am very impressed with what Trinity has done over the years But IMO I would LOVE to see a Class B tournament without ANY private schools in it for once. Again, in my opinion - private schools aren't what Class B basketball is all about.

I would LOVE to see what the state B would be without private schools. Let's see we'll take away trinity who's always there and shiloh christian who goes alot and minot ryan the tournament would not be as fun to watch w/o those teams.
marchmadness10
NDPreps Reserve

Postby xcolt90 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:44 pm

Wildcat.  I'm not saying I disagree with your picks but I will add this.  When Hettinger lost to Trinity no starters were missing for Trinity.  Morey was not in the rotation at that time but they had their starters.  They were however missing their head coach as he was in Vegas I believe.

My predictions:

Beach scares Beulah but loses 63-57

Hazen kills South Heart 74-53

Mott stuns  Killdeer 60-58, Jahner can guard Wheeling and Laufer will give Dufualt troubles.  Should be a great game.

Trinity over Hettinger in another close one 48-42.

Can't wait for the action!
xcolt90

Postby project-pat » Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:49 pm

xcolt90 wrote:Wildcat.  I'm not saying I disagree with your picks but I will add this.  When Hettinger lost to Trinity no starters were missing for Trinity.  Morey was not in the rotation at that time but they had their starters.  They were however missing their head coach as he was in Vegas I believe.

My predictions:

Beach scares Beulah but loses 63-57

Hazen kills South Heart 74-53

Mott stuns  Killdeer 60-58, Jahner can guard Wheeling and Laufer will give Dufualt troubles.  Should be a great game.

Trinity over Hettinger in another close one 48-42.

Can't wait for the action!

Jahner can not guard wheeling, wheeling is gonna throttle him.
project-pat

Postby xcolt90 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:51 pm

wheeling is easier to shut down than Dufualt is.  Jahner has guarded the other teams tougher players for 3 years now.  He's guarded Tyvis when they beat BOwman last year, SMith when they beat Hettinger, and Voth when they beat Glen Ullin last year. 

Wheeling is a great player but he's no Smith, Tivis, or Voth!
xcolt90

Postby project-pat » Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:54 pm

xcolt90 wrote:wheeling is easier to shut down than Dufualt is.  Jahner has guarded the other teams tougher players for 3 years now.  He's guarded Tyvis when they beat BOwman last year, SMith when they beat Hettinger, and Voth when they beat Glen Ullin last year. 

Mott/Regent didn't beat bowman last year. Bowman only lost 2 games to Trinity. sorry buddy.
project-pat

Postby xcolt90 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:57 pm

my bad that was the year before at Mott.  Still won that game and Jahner guarded Tivis.  Schweitzer hit a big 3 at the end to win it for Mott.
xcolt90

Postby unc2 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:59 pm

Ok ya thats what you meant, mott beat them that year but i dont think jahner guarded tivis and sweitzer did come in and seal the game with those 3s
Last edited by unc2 on Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
unc2
NDPreps Starter

Postby xcolt90 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:15 pm

Jahner did guard Tivis in that game I was there.  He also guarded Bachmeier from Shiloh when they played them.

If Jahner can hold Wheeling to 11 or 12 points and Laufer holds Dufualt to about 20 that would be 10 points below their season average.  Who's going to step up and take the slack for Killdeer?  Wagner is not ready to do that yet.  I could be wrong but I don't think he is, but the only way that would be answered would be if I'm right.

Who nows Butterfield may play zone and the topic won't matter a bit.
xcolt90

Postby letsgosox » Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:48 pm

xcolt90 wrote:wheeling is easier to shut down than Dufualt is.  Jahner has guarded the other teams tougher players for 3 years now.  He's guarded Tyvis when they beat BOwman last year, SMith when they beat Hettinger, and Voth when they beat Glen Ullin last year. 

wheeling is NOT easier to shut down than dufault. if wheeling is having an off night, he still has the ball in his hands all the time and gets to the foul line better than anyone in the state.
letsgosox

Postby grizz » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:16 am

letsgosox wrote:

wheeling is NOT easier to shut down than dufault. if wheeling is having an off night, he still has the ball in his hands all the time and gets to the foul line better than anyone in the state.

Mott will get stomped by Killdeer. Jahner would not be able to guard either of the two dudes from Killdeer, and im actually predicting Dufualt will have 17, Wheeling with 24. Oh and you gotta remember when it comes to free throws, Wheeling has ice runnin through his veins.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby indiandrumhopper » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:37 am

I pick trinity to win that region.
indiandrumhopper

Postby marchmadness10 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:08 am

grizz wrote:
letsgosox wrote:

Mott will get stomped by Killdeer. Jahner would not be able to guard either of the two dudes from Killdeer, and im actually predicting Dufualt will have 17, Wheeling with 24. Oh and you gotta remember when it comes to free throws, Wheeling has ice runnin through his veins.

I agree with you that wheeling is a very good free throw shooter. He might to be one of the best in the state.
marchmadness10
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NDSUbison! » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:48 am

Last edited by NDSUbison! on Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
NDSUbison!

Postby NDSUbison! » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:51 am

grizz wrote:
letsgosox wrote:

Good post, But i think mott will upset killdeer and beat them by 1. IMO. but man wheeling has ice running threw his veins when it comes to free throws...like a popsicle in a freezer!
NDSUbison!

Postby SportsAreLife » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:21 pm

Beach just beat Beulah in the first round of the Region 7 tourney 57-55. It's Upset City Baby!
SportsAreLife

Postby project-pat » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:00 pm

They are 9-14 after that win.
project-pat

Postby Mauer07 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:05 pm

Beulah was so over-hyped just because they were ranked #1 in the preseason
Mauer07
NDPreps All-Conference

PreviousNext

Return to Boys